Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

island farm?

i think i read it right, but i hope not. true or not true?? does the island farm, all the $$$$ and work put into upgrading & expansion, all fall into the ocean after 30 days?
Post edited by Tboneporkchop (US1) on

Comments

• CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 272
    edited 18.02.2015
    Hi Tbone,

Yes the island farm is temporary! It comes by every now and then, please bear that in mind when playing :)

~CM Margo
  • edited 18.02.2015
    Unless you got 30 million dollars to waste don't bother with the Island farm the rewards are nice but the space they take up on your farm take away from more production and project involvement space. So all honesty nice development on your part far as creativity and reward but maybe make the deco's smaller like 5x5 and you got yourself an island farm worth investing into for sea shells. Just giving you a heads up on how a smart every day playing player thinks and visualizes. Gives you better idea of what to come out with to satisfy most of our needs.
  • Tboneporkchop (US1)Tboneporkchop (US1) Posts: 105
    edited 18.02.2015
    it seems as tho you spend $$$$, and accumulate shells. when the event is over are you rewarded for your shells? what happens to your island bucks?
  • awesome24awesome24 Posts: 1
    edited 18.02.2015
    i really don't know i never really thought about that:confused:
  • CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 272
    edited 19.02.2015
    Hi guys!

The island dollars are converted to shells once the event ends. You do however get more shells per produced item than for converted dollars, so I suggest you keep producing :)

~CM Margo
  • What I would like to know is what about the produce and animals you have accumulated from the island farm? Does it disappear as well? Should you save it for the next time the island farm rolls around? Can you still sell it like all your other items?
  • Sell the produce, animals and drinks before the island ends.  Nothing will roll over; when the island comes back, nothing will be on the island or in your inventory.  To find out how much time is left, hover your cursor over the airport and the hours/minutes left will be displayed.
  • I know this has been asked before in another thread but I don't recall ever seeing an answer.  Now that we can win the tropical souvenir shop and the dancing hula girl from Monty, what happens to them after the island disappears?  Do they disappear as well whether you have placed them on your island or they are in your drop box?
  • I know this has been asked before in another thread but I don't recall ever seeing an answer.  Now that we can win the tropical souvenir shop and the dancing hula girl from Monty, what happens to them after the island disappears?  Do they disappear as well whether you have placed them on your island or they are in your drop box?
    I asked that question, but still haven't gotten an answer. I have some sitting in inventory that I haven't placed because of room. I am sure many people are asking the same question. If it doesn't carry over then I'll [lace it when I start demolishing and demolish it to get the shells. 
  • i would think the goods from monty would present like the hard work rewards from the island, and be available to place permanently on your regular farms.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    I know this has been asked before in another thread but I don't recall ever seeing an answer.  Now that we can win the tropical souvenir shop and the dancing hula girl from Monty, what happens to them after the island disappears?  Do they disappear as well whether you have placed them on your island or they are in your drop box?
    I asked that question, but still haven't gotten an answer. I have some sitting in inventory that I haven't placed because of room. I am sure many people are asking the same question. If it doesn't carry over then I'll [lace it when I start demolishing and demolish it to get the shells. 

You want an answer here is the answer

Once the event ends, everything except for items put into your inventory on the main three farms, the shells and seeds, and any structures you won during the temp farm event are gone, all the work you did on the temp farms goes into the nether world and you will never see them again, you will have to rebuild the temp farms when they come back and that is why unless you can afford to give away your farm cash you should not attempt to do the temp farms.

• Seeing as how I cannot get it out of my dropbox to put it on one of the other three farms, I will lose it.  Kind of pointless to waste coins on Monty to win a decoration just to have it disappear.
  • steve p. (US1)steve p. (US1) US1 Posts: 37
     Well it's time to start the demolishing of my Island farm, and I can't believe I haven't even finished level 1. This is the first time I haven't got to level 3. I've never finished level 3, but I usually get there. It's been a total screw up this time around. All kinds of crazy tasks that have nothing to do with the chapter your in. I know you don't have to do them but they're so mixed up, It can't be that difficult to keep chapter 1 tasks  in chapter 1 and chapter 2 tasks in chapter 2 and so on. I just screws things up and  worst yet the tasks are there for a while then they go away. The latest screw up was, " I think "  the task  wanted  600 or so coconuts, I can only grow 450 each harvest so I did that and was only 1hr, away from finishing and the task disappeared. " Meanwhile I had 1350 coconuts in stock "  LOL . these types of screw ups have happened many times with different tasks throughout the event this time around. Like I said it's a total screw up. Maybe they should snare what their smoking then we would all just screw up together. LOL
  • This time around there are daily tasks added to the island farm.  Like on the main farm they are marked with the blue circle and change daily.  Open them, see what you can do that will not interfere with regular chapter tasks and try to do them, otherwise ignore them.

The regular tasks are still there, the chapter ones and the other side tasks.  It is best to keep track of where you are on the chapter tasks and stay focused on them. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file