Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• Ariel_9 (RO1)Ariel_9 (RO1) Posts: 80
    edited 08.09.2015

Greedy neighbors

Hello. My neighbors are very greedy, they ask for huge quantities of products (870 apples, or 1000 cherries, over 700 aloe gel, 1200 cream pies etc.), so I am not able to fulfill any of their demands. I know that I can ignore them, but in the past I could earn some money from their offered bonuses.

I’ve recently upgraded my barns to blue ones; does it have anything to do with it? It seemed to be a good idea especially for the mission, saving time while collecting flowers, but… :'(

(off topic – not to mention that I can’t resist any longer to solo mission, ever since the competition has finished)

Happy Name Day and happy farming !

• Greedy neighbors

Hello. My neighbors are very greedy, they ask for huge quantities of products (870 apples, or 1000 cherries, over 700 aloe gel, 1200 cream pies etc.), so I am not able to fulfill any of their demands. I know that I can ignore them, but in the past I could earn some money from their offered bonuses.

I’ve recently upgraded my barns to blue ones; does it have anything to do with it? It seemed to be a good idea especially for the mission, saving time while collecting flowers, but… :'(

(off topic – not to mention that I can’t resist any longer to solo mission, ever since the competition has finished)

Happy Name Day and happy farming !

They do seem to only ask for what you have, so yeah if you have more they will ask for more.... Your stuff must be such good quality that they want as much as they can get. :)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Old issue reminder:
    CM, check again with your design people.

Contract leveling up works in pairs (L1+S1, L2+S2 etc.), giving us 6 units for leveling purposes, not independent 12 types. I don't think that is a coincidence that these pairs always get the same value when "fresh" in the market. The only time I get any difference in level among L and S contracts of the same item number is when one hangs around while others roll in and out.
  • Ariel_9 (RO1)Ariel_9 (RO1) Posts: 80
    edited 08.09.2015
    ... Your stuff must be such good quality that they want as much as they can get. :)
    Sst, we don't want anybody to know how much I pay you to advertise for my products.  ;)

Still, i always played with my barns filled up, so...
  • ... Your stuff must be such good quality that they want as much as they can get. :)
    Sst, we don't want anybody to know how much I pay you to advertise for my products.  ;)

Still, i always played with my barns filled up, so...
    Oops...Hopefully no one spotted that hehe o:)

They shouldn't be asking for your entire stock, at least mine don`t, but they would see that you have a larger capacity now that you upgraded your barn, so maybe they are set to ask for a certain % and your % increased with the upgrade.
  • just got 1 contract with karma, now the cost is 25.000. used to be 6.000.

in a way karma is now a money pit. since would cost 50.000(25000*3-25000) to buy a 15% boost, and nothing worth that much to boost. so its just better to buy pranks to use in the coopchamp...
  • Vini7 (AU1)Vini7 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    Hi Hodor,
    Not sure HOW you guys are doing the math... but do like this:
    I use exactly the same formula, and have had consistent values for all 'extras' on a contract (as per my original post).
    I am not seeing where you added in the bonus value.  That amount is not shown in the contract totals, it is paid after you fill the contact and 2 dollar values float out.  I am not doing the math myself as my goal is to max out my market display.  That said I am interested to see how this discussion ends
    The bonus values are added on top of what is offered by the contract, and depends on the level of the contract (varying between 0% and 25%). Level 0 gives no bonus, so the formula has to show the basic costs/profitability before any bonus is issued. Once a bonus is received you get more $, XP, Karma, whatever, and that will only increase the profitability of any given contract. 

Thank you for explaining that to us. That is exactly what was wrong with my calculations because I only took the amount shown into consideration and calculated backwards what a 0% bonus would bring.

Thank you again.

Cheers Vini

edited 09.09.2015
    just got 1 contract with karma, now the cost is 25.000. used to be 6.000.

in a way karma is now a money pit. since would cost 50.000(25000*3-25000) to buy a 15% boost, and nothing worth that much to boost. so its just better to buy pranks to use in the coopchamp...
    Karma was not attractive even at 6 k dollars, much less now for 25 k, as you say.

I'll state here again, that Organic Market is the most confused and controversial feature of Big Farm and offers lot of hassle and risky operations with no really interesting rewards. :)

It's not a good dollar booster, and it's not a good money pit giving special rewards either.

Everythng else with a few exceptions (like goat stables or mine) has some clarity about it's purpose and role in the game. Not so the OM. :)
  • Not sure HOW you guys are doing the math... but do like this:
    Can someone tell me the bonus % for contract value Blue 68 please?  Thank You.

• Psicolix, In your post at 10:53pm, (I'll sure be glad when they number these posts!! )you have a pic of a contract and how you are doing the math.  But it is so very tiny that I cannot make out the figures.   :s  Can you try enlarging it and sending it to me again please.  Or if that won't work, type it out for me?  I'd like to see what you are doing--already tried enlarging it here and distorts too much to see clearly. ;)  I don't know if you included it or not, but I need to know YOUR farm price for your apples.  All of us will have different prices for our goods because of Co-op research, library farm boosters, etc.  You will find it in the Farm Management figures.  Thanks smile: 
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know what the abbreviation HS that I see in several posts above means?  :)

Thank You!
    Click on the "link" below the picture.

HS = horse shoe
    Thanks Kamilcom.  I had clicked below the image before and only got a repeat of the tiny photo.  Maybe something was fixed cuz I tried it again and I can see it now.  I still want the bonus % for level 68 to check my way and compare too.

HS = Horseshoe  Oopsie..................   :anguished: embarassed..runs and hides....

• edited 09.09.2015

Not sure HOW you guys are doing the math... but do like this:

Hi Psicolix, I must admit that your calculations have be a bit confused.... but more on that later.  I really enjoy corresponding with people all over the world, I am always learning something! So thought I'd share this. I am in the USA.  I see that you are in Brazil.  At first I thought your . (period) and , (comma) in your numbers were typos.  Then, I noticed the . (period) in the numbers on GGS pics too and I began to think...even double check my screens.  Maybe they write numbers differently in Brazil than in the USA and I did some research and Yes, I was right indeed. :smile:   Here is what I found......

Caution! Especially when dealing with money, keep in mind that, in Brazil, the use of commas (,) and periods (.) expressed in numerals is exactly the opposite of what is used in the United States. Brazilians use a period (.) instead of a comma (,) —to delineate thousands— and a comma (,) instead of a period (.) —to delineate fractions. 

Here is your pic again.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here in the USA it would be written....
    Selling Price = 20,341*46 = 935,868
    Contract Value = 935,868 X 1.05 = 982,470
    Xp Cost = 10 x 5,000 = 50,000
    Horseshoe Cost = 655*300 = 196,500
    Payout = 982,470 - 50,000 - 196,500 = 
                               =735,970
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but I'm still having some problems with this, perhaps I would need to go back and read all your prior posts to see how you came up with the cost of the HS, and Xp-- but that might take awhile--went back a few pages and didn't find it, so maybe you can help. I haven't tried to search for a player's posts hear yet and i don't want to lose this. 

Now a couple of questions for you.

What is the Contract Value % for Value 68? I need that to do my calculations.

What is the 1,05 (In USA 1.05) ?  105% ?  Not sure where that came from either. I was under the impression that the Contract Value % only went up to 25% 

Contract value = 935.868 x 1,05 = 982.470 Brazil
                            = 935,868 x 1.05 = 982,470 USA

But?   935,868 x 1.05 = 982,661.4 USA  (982.661,4) (Brazil)
                How do your get 982,470? USA  (982.470 Brazil)

Always something new to learn!  Thanks! 
    :) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The formula that @PSICOLIX is using is correct -but unfortunately there's a typo in his picture:
    Selling Price = 20,341*46 = 935,686
    Contract Value = 935,686 X 1.05=982,470

The normal selling price value is multiplied by 1.05 because every contract has a 5% bonus added to the regular sales value.

You find the value of an unknown item by using the same formula, but have to have some knowledge of algebra. For example I have the following contract:
    10,876 eggs = 218,396 + 2XP so
    10,876 * 20 * 1.05 = 218,396 + 2XP
    217,520 * 1.05 = 218,396 + 2XP
    228,396 = 218,396 + 2XP
    10,000 = 2XP
    so 1 XP is equivalent to 5,000 farm dollars.

I don't know what the bonus is for a value 68 contract, but if you hover your mouse over the 68 you should see a popup with the %. Bear in mind that all these calculations are based on a 0% bonus because it's too difficult to calculate them all with the differing bonus values. I just take the bonus for what it is - an extra value added to the basic amounts that  I'm receiving.
  • Not sure HOW you guys are doing the math... but do like this:
    Can someone tell me the bonus % for contract value Blue 68 please?  Thank You.

The basic market bonus is always 5%. the extra bonus of contracts get add later... 

value of blue 68 is about 20% (click on the box for proper value) so, if you have a contract for 10.000 apples. and apples sells in you farm for $56. you have a contract value of 10.000X56X1,05 = 588000
    thats the contract value, and the 20% bonus of the blue68 is given as a extra bonus. 

for example.... if you get 1 Karma you will have this value
    "1 Karma
    563000 Farms dolars"

after you complete it, you will get a bonus of 20%.... that means
    1* 0,2 = 0,2 is rounded UP to 1
    563000* 0,2 = 112.600

you get a total of
    563000+112600= 675600 farm dolars and
    1 karma + 1 karma = 2 karma points.
  • photo BF Birthday Gold_zpsg93nymgwpng
    OK folks, check your contracts!
    First person to post a screenshot of a contract containing both Peaches & Vanilla wins 500 Gold!
    First screenshot of a contract containing Olive Oil wins you 250 Gold!
  • phoenixO727 (US1)phoenixO727 (US1) Posts: 32
    edited 09.09.2015
    @WascallyWabbitDoes it have to be just Olive Oil or can it be like this:
  • I got the wrong picture I know but on the upside I figured out screen shots, lol.  I tried to edit it out but I can't sorry! Please consider it a test post :s
  • @monica1230 (US1)  Nice 91. I cant seem to get over 71. Anything in particular that you notice that raises/lowers the number value? This market is hard to figure out...
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 10.09.2015
    I had to stop declining offers, I noticed how far back I feel in bonuses  from doing it.  I am not happy about it because orders sit forever now but oh well I have my market almost grown.  I am getting barns refilled now.  Apples are the hard one as we have so many events with donate apples, plus the ship and bakery having apple orders in the markets makes me want to cry. 
  • @WascallyWabbitDoes it have to be just Olive Oil or can it be like this:
    Congrats phoenix, very nice Olive Oil there, 250 gold will be coming your way as soon as we can get into the vault in a few hours. :)
  • just got a S2lv81 contract for 45k apple + 2,7K cherrys... almost 17 times more apples than cherrys... its time to fire the balancers.
  • just got a S2lv81 contract for 45k apple + 2,7K cherrys... almost 17 times more apples than cherrys... its time to fire the balancers.
    Not sure why those numbers are surprising you. Cherries take 4x as long to grow with less yield per harvest, even 2700 Cherries is a lot to ask for, I would freak if I saw a contract for 45,000 Cherries. :o
  • Phoenix you should have your gold now. :)
  •   Did just see some peacocks flying on my Main Farm when I filled a neighbor's order?  Or am I seeing things.  LOL 
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    I hope this works and is right as never added a screenshot before lol
  • Congratulations Deb,  500 gold is all yours!  :)
  • I'm not sure if anyone else has commented on this but
    on the Neighbours the clickable area is much larger than the display area.
    I decide not to sell to him, move off the display above his head, click on farm background and, lo and behold, I have just sold him stuff I wanted to keep!!!!!!!!
    Could we have the 2 areas adjusted to be the same size?
  • janna95 (NL1)janna95 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 7
    edited 10.09.2015
    Congratulations Deb,  500 gold is all yours!  
    [On behalf of Jiesta]:

HOW UTTERLY AND INCREDIBLY UNFAIR to start forum contests for gold or other valuable prices (in the context of the 3rd BF Birthday) while there are so many players who dont have any access or only a very poor access to this new forum!!! 

Many have no access at all; many others can get sporadic on the forum, but not do anything (not able to post, alter/change preferences, etc) .

(on behalf of many)  Jiesta
    Post edited by janna95 (NL1) on
  • any1 ever got a contract with more than 800HS or 10 Karma? 
    any1 ever got a contract with more than 800HS or 10 Karma? 
    I just got my first 800 HS contract. :) Such a rare thing and it get's declined. :) How frequently do you get them?

And got my last but one market upgrade. That final level took ages.
Sign In to comment.