Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 4th - The Market - Feedback and Questions

Comments

• Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 26.08.2015
    Asked this question earlier but still can't find the answer: How does one know the bonus for direct sales to neighbors visiting the stand? I'm talking about the immediate sale of items. I watch the people go to stand and click to sell within one to two seconds, yet sometimes I get 1% bonus, 11%, 16%, 19% and sometimes 20% bonus. Are the bonus rewards multiplied if I fill orders consecutively, or is it really just random? Kind of important to know the payout since I'd rather sell items in contracts.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 26.08.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    Some standard and some limited.

Including:
    Boarding school
    tree nursery
    beach hotel
    carnival
    harbor birthday
    breeder's school
    zoo
    holiday resort
    national park

and others....

boarding school and tree nursery have been to 99 twice

I just finished Zoo at "99". It was the infamous 14,000 apple turnovers. Zoo then came back 30 minutes later as an "8".

Gavin, you still seem to be confusing what the 12 contract types are. The name are irrelevant, just ignore them, the only thing you need to keep track of, is how many items are on a contract & whether it is standard or limited.

The 12 types are standard (1-6) items & limited (1-6) items.

If that 99 that you completed was say a standard contract with 1 item, you need to wait for you next standard contract with 1 item to see if the 99 has changed. The one you got 30 minutes later that is value 8, probably has more items on it & as it is still only value 8, it must be a type that you decline a lot.

EDIT: Just a guess, but the names may have something to do with the upgrades on the actual market stalls, but as you have all those already, that won`t affect you.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 26.08.2015
    I had thought maybe Y wanted the titles. I get that about the number of items per contract. For example, I get a lot of 1 item contracts at 99 or similarly high numbers, because they are generally easier to fill.

Then, of course, there is the one that I just got. It is a "99" limited one-item. It is for 9900 apples, which obviously cannot be done in one hour. So it will expire worthless. A limited contract should never be for an absurd amount. If they are not limited, then 25000 apples, however absurd, is do-able. This is not. It was the first reward that I have seen in two days. I have 3 other 99's on my screen being filled slowly, that have no reward.

I personally think, the limited contracts are a bad idea unless they are better labeled. It is too easy, as it stands now, to not notice and accidentally start a limited contract by partially filling it, and thus fail on that contract. If the label for "limited" is not going to be made enormous, then I think they should not exist. They could make the label larger. It needs to appear on the square with the deal, not just in the column on the right.
    edited 26.08.2015
    Then, of course, there is the one that I just got. It is a "99" limited one-item. It is for 9900 apples, which obviously cannot be done in one hour. So it will expire worthless. A limited contract should never be for an absurd amount. .

Thats interesting.... I had been wondering if we would get Limited contracts asking for more than our total storage + a complete harvest, which would be the most we could fill in 1 hour & it looks like we can. So far I haven`t had any limited ones that were impossible, but that 9900 apples is only just within my limit with 10 orchards (lvl7) + 4200 storage, I think most people would have to decline that one.... I wonder if its a bug? 8|
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 26.08.2015
    Am I supposed to keep paying the vendor 150k for chicken feed, in the hopes of something great? (Yes or no) And, is he supposed to be only active once per day?
    rocnrobn wrote: »
    To the Vendor question, I think it is like a lottery or raffle ticket. You pay x amount of dollars for a chance at a great reward. And we all know how that works out.

If you would like to find out what else he has to offer (he may offer valuable items, but he never discloses is beforehand, just like rocnrobn said), you should keep agreeing to his offers. You can see some examples of what he has to offer in the help dialogue for the market.

Griffith wrote: »
    GGS has left us in despair on this thread, I am starting to think we should start some BBQ here on market thread instead of giving more feedback honestly, we're on our own it seems 8)

Although I wouldn't mind some BBQ as lunch time draws near, we're here.. busy but here!
    Hey!
    I have done another 99 just in the last couple of hours and it has come back as a 22. I have 3 99's on my screen presently and none of them have a bonus. This cannot possibly be what they intended. Currently, the fewer I decline, the worse I do. You might not think that would be the case, but it is.
    I just finished Zoo at "99". It was the infamous 14,000 apple turnovers. Zoo then came back 30 minutes later as an "8".

Now I can see why the rollover confusion arose. :)

Contract names have nothing to do with their levels. If you have a 1-item-contract level 99 called "Zoo" and then later another 3-item-contract level 8 named "Zoo", they actually have no connection whatsoever. Each 1-item-contract after that should be 99+ and each 3-item-contract after that should be 8+ unless you declined another contract of that same type.
    A limited contract should never be for an absurd amount. If they are not limited, then 25000 apples, however absurd, is do-able. This is not. It was the first reward that I have seen in two days. I have 3 other 99's on my screen being filled slowly, that have no reward.

I personally think, the limited contracts are a bad idea unless they are better labeled. It is too easy, as it stands now, to not notice and accidentally start a limited contract by partially filling it, and thus fail on that contract. If the label for "limited" is not going to be made enormous, then I think they should not exist. They could make the label larger. It needs to appear on the square with the deal, not just in the column on the right.

Limited contracts, especially the level 99 ones, are supposed to be more challenging than regular contracts.

Given this high level of your contract, it may always be possible that you have to decline one or another if your farm is not specifically set up for the contract or you can't find another strategy to increase your yield (e.g. humus on fields, seaweed consumables, having your orchards boosted by other players, etc.).

It would get pretty boring if you could just sit on your maxed out bonus forever, wouldn't it?

As for labelling of limited contracts, an optimization is already planned. We will most probably show the timer at all times or find another way to make them more distinguishable. :)

Cheers,
    Steffi
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 26.08.2015
    I had thought maybe Y wanted the titles. I get that about the number of items per contract. For example, I get a lot of 1 item contracts at 99 or similarly high numbers, because they are generally easier to fill.

Then, of course, there is the one that I just got. It is a "99" limited one-item. It is for 9900 apples, which obviously cannot be done in one hour. So it will expire worthless. A limited contract should never be for an absurd amount. If they are not limited, then 25000 apples, however absurd, is do-able. This is not. It was the first reward that I have seen in two days. I have 3 other 99's on my screen being filled slowly, that have no reward.

No Gavin, I was curious because you said your 99 came back as a 20 or whatever. I almost never have the same time of contract return. That is, if I finish a standard-4... I almost never get a standard-4 back. So I was wondering if you did, say a standard-X at level 99 and got a standard-X back at level 20, or if you got a standard-y at level 20. Or even a limited. Since that information wasn't included in your post.

-Y
  • PSICOLIX (BR1)PSICOLIX (BR1) Posts: 250
    edited 26.08.2015
    The 12 types are standard (1-6) items & limited (1-6) items.

In reality there's only 6 types, since the standard and limited share the level...
    edited 26.08.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    If you would like to find out what else he has to offer (he may offer valuable items, but he never discloses is beforehand, just like rocnrobn said), you should keep agreeing to his offers. You can see some examples of what he has to offer in the help dialogue for the market.

The help dialog says......."but you'll always get a good deal from him."

Nope. Never. I have never gotten anything less than a rotten deal from him. 150k for 150 barley. 150k for 10 chicken feed. I accept that the fabulous deals will be rare. But I have not seen a single "good" deal. The regular deals do not need to always be so bad. I do take every offer.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 26.08.2015
    Although I wouldn't mind some BBQ as lunch time draws near, we're here.. busy but here!
    Hey!

Cheers,
    Steffi

I knew you were watching, Big Brother ..... ups ....... Sister ..... but you still didn't clarify the question asked several times already:

Is leveling up/down independent for all 12 contract types, or do Standard and Limited with the same number of items work as one unit in this respect? So far it seems, that despite claimed complete independence, these pairs are there. :)

Cheers :)

The help dialog says......."but you'll always get a good deal from him."

Nope. Never. I have never gotten anything less than a rotten deal from him. 150k for 150 barley. 150k for 10 chicken feed. I accept that the fabulous deals will be rare. But I have not seen a single "good" deal. The regular deals do not need to always be so bad. I do take every offer.

That little fatty man is cluless regarding the meaning of words "good deal". :):):)

....... wait a minute ! I got it ! It's good deal for him .......... hahaha ! :thumbsup: ..... what a smart fella he is :)
    edited 26.08.2015
    Limited contracts, especially the level 99 ones, are supposed to be more challenging than regular contracts.

So, apparently you think a limited 1-hour contract for 9900 apples is acceptable. I strongly disagree.
    It would get pretty boring if you could just sit on your maxed out bonus forever, wouldn't it?

That was never what I was suggesting. I never, ever, oppose a challenge. I always oppose absurdity.
    edited 26.08.2015
    PSICOLIX12 wrote: »
    In reality there's only 6 types, since the standard and limited share the level...

I am going by what we were told, that there are 12 types...
    Contract types correspond with the amount of different goods you need to provide. Currently there are 12 types in total, 6 for regular contracts and 6 for limited contracts. If you level up regular contracts, no bonus is applied for limited contracts and vice versa.

Regards,
    Steffi

.... what I have seen personally, from the records I have been keeping, is that my numbers make MUCH more sense if there are only 6 types, but that doesn`t make it a fact. If the official word changes to 6 types, I will quite happily start posting that it is 6 instead of 12. :thumbup:
    edited 26.08.2015
    @ Scissors: There is of course 12 types, nobody can deny that. The question is, if they all up/downgrade independently. If they work in pairs, that would simplify the plan to 6 units for up/down purposes, but still there would be 6 pairs, meaning 12 types. So there's no disagreement in here I think.
    edited 26.08.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    @ Scissors: There is of course 12 types, nobody can deny that. The question is, if they all up/downgrade independently. If they work in pairs, that would simplify the plan to 6 units for up/down purposes, but still there would be 6 pairs, meaning 12 types. So there's no disagreement in here I think.

I totally agree with you, what we are seeing contradicts the last line of that quote from Steffi... Maybe the techs changed something, when they made those adjustments in the 2nd update, that would explain the confusion.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 26.08.2015

Hey!

Cheers,
    Steffi

of all my comments i knew that this one will only get a reply lol, well i don't mind though i can kinda guess you guys are real busy these days.
    anyways as the wise man said:
    "who cares about fruits market when we got bacon" (*O*)/

(but seriously at least check our suggestions in last few pages, we put alot of thoughts into them honestly and even considered GGS' sake, free players' sake, gold players' sake and everything' sake too, they are not stupid suggestions just like "give more free stuff" or anything like that really, they are just about balancing market and quantities mainly) :p
    edited 26.08.2015
    I have just received a new contract - a 99. It called for 2500 almonds in 1 hour. I have four L7 almonds, so I can time that right and do that. However it comes with 77 replacement parts. And you take a cut of 50,000 dollars. 77 replacement parts are not worth that.

Steffi, please take note of this. The rewards are not worth the dollars lost in almost every case that I have seen. These weird discounts taken out of the sale price seem totally unnecessary. Why not simply let the rewards be just that.... rewards? This weird penalty against the dollar value of the almonds seems like an absolutely pointless bit of complexity that could be removed. I will state again, that I see so very few rewards, that removing this penalty on the dollar value would not constitute a windfall or anything close to one.
    edited 27.08.2015
    I have just received a new contract - a 99. It called for 2500 almonds in 1 hour. I have four L7 almonds, so I can time that right and do that. However it comes with 77 replacement parts. And you take a cut of 50,000 dollars. 77 replacement parts are not worth that.

Steffi, please take note of this. The rewards are not worth the dollars lost in almost every case that I have seen. These weird discounts taken out of the sale price seem totally unnecessary. Why not simply let the rewards be just that.... rewards? This weird penalty against the dollar value of the almonds seems like an absolutely pointless bit of complexity that could be removed. I will state again, that I see so very few rewards, that removing this penalty on the dollar value would not constitute a windfall or anything close to one.

can you post a print so i can cauculate the value of the parts? didn't got any yet... and i have some lv80 contracts. :(
    edited 27.08.2015
    PSICOLIX12 wrote: »
    can you post a print so i can cauculate the value of the parts? didn't got any yet... and i have some lv80 contracts. :(

I already filled it and sent it on its way. It was precisely 77 parts , and the value of the deal was 50,000 less than selling the almonds through the maintenance window. (I rounded off about 200). So that is 649 dollars per part. Let me know if I have missed something. (this excludes the bonus, because it applies equally to both, so it has no impact).

I did not post much earlier in the day, because I was quite busy. Yes, to Y and others, I understood that about the contract item numbers and bonus values. That was just mass confusion about nothing......sorry for leading people astray.

On another front, this should appeal to Griffith, Y and others.........this morning I did a contract with an xp blue star by it. Since that time, I have had a 48 hour double xp timer like you get from the wheel of fortune. I assume I got it then and didn't notice it for a few minutes. So if that reward came form the market (and I can't figure where else it could have come from), that is a good reward - a reward that I actually find to be a real incentive.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit or multi-quote button
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 27.08.2015
    Am I the only one who thinks it is strange for a neighbour (on foot) to be able to carry 589 bags of chicken feed home from my farm to his? :p
    edited 27.08.2015
    MRG12 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks it is strange for a neighbour (on foot) to be able to carry 589 bags of chicken feed home from my farm to his? :p

lol, maybe we offer deliver service.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 27.08.2015
    I did not post much earlier in the day, because I was quite busy. Yes, to Y and others, I understood that about the contract item numbers and bonus values. That was just mass confusion about nothing......sorry for leading people astray.

On another front, this should appeal to Griffith, Y and others.........this morning I did a contract with an xp blue star by it. Since that time, I have had a 48 hour double xp timer like you get from the wheel of fortune. I assume I got it then and didn't notice it for a few minutes. So if that reward came form the market (and I can't figure where else it could have come from), that is a good reward - a reward that I actually find to be a real incentive.

That would be good, but are you sure it wasn't a "make-up" 48 hours like some other people got when GGS fixed things?

-Y
    edited 27.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    That would be good, but are you sure it wasn't a "make-up" 48 hours like some other people got when GGS fixed things?

-Y

I don't know what it would be a make-up for......that I would have it and not you and others. Plus, it happened right when I did a contract. Perhaps Steffi can confirm if I got the 48-hour double xp from a contract reward? Steffi?
    edited 27.08.2015

As you say Gavin, these "rewards" are so unattractive that stm I just skip all of them. :) No need to pay thousands of dollars for 1 xp point and simillar "good" deals.
  • Te Aroha (AU1)Te Aroha (AU1) Posts: 129
    edited 27.08.2015
    I also have the timer it was there after the down time when they patched yesterday, I was missing some gold and that and the timer re appeared at the same time.
    edited 27.08.2015
    Te Aroha2 wrote: »
    I also have the timer it was there after the down time when they patched yesterday, I was missing some gold and that and the timer re appeared at the same time.

Was there a note about a patch? You are on a different server. I was not aware of any down time on US1.
    edited 27.08.2015
    I looked back through the maintenance postings, and there were several additional announcements on that thread. It would correspond to the earliest one. I am leaning toward believing it was that and not a reward, which is a shame, because it would be the first contract reward that I thought was worth the hassle of the market.
    edited 27.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »

-Y

I agree with Y, when the update fixed missing rewards from events, some people got a 48 hour XP, which must have been one you missed from Monty.... Grats! No XP for me ;(

I did get a Gold reward on a contract though....

Gold_zpsfmssicpc.png

Still trying to decide what to spend it on! smiley-laughing021.gif
  • edited 27.08.2015
    XP was the 1st one I got I think... It was around the same time that karma started, so not 100% sure which came 1st.

I've had 5 with horseshoes so far, nothing else.
    edited 27.08.2015
    I've accepted that the "48 hour double xp" came from something GGS did maintenance-wise. It just happened in the same few minutes as my morning farming; thus the confusion about it being a reward. It would have been the first truly "motivating" reward from the market, so I should have known by that alone, that it couldn't be the case.

I can report this morning that I received an offer from the vendor that was worth 150k. It was seaweed humus. So I have officially had 1 good deal since the vendor's implementation. The contract offers are still as disappointing as usual. Of the six on my screen, one has a reward of a single xp. The market actually costs me xp's, because the transactions don't count as sales for the tasks on the left sidebar. And because of the market requests for pigs and apples, I get fewer of those tasks done. So I get fewer xp's in total.
  • edited 27.08.2015
    erryka2 wrote: »
    That was me, but was half asleep when it happened and didn't even notice til I saw the gold pop up next to the dollars received.

If it happens again I will make notes.

I do not see anything- no pop-up - etc. when a contract is finished. Am I missing something?

I do see the pop-up for the $ and the bonus for the neighbors, but nothing for the contracts.
Sign In to comment.