Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: Maintenance During the Championship! Really?

CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
For the love of chocolate, people, can you not do this some other time?
Post edited by CathyD (INT1) on

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 15.07.2015
    Yeah, seriously, just searching for a mission when this started, hope it is less than 30 minutes.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 15.07.2015
    Not a happy bunny!!! Talk about bad timing X(
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 15.07.2015
    Yeah I agree, esp. if not related to the missions....
  • ryn51422ryn51422 Posts: 15
    edited 15.07.2015
    Please do NOT shutdown game during Coop Challenge as everyone will be in a mission. Unfair GGS.
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 15.07.2015
    im sure they had no choice to do what they needed to do.

lol...its a game..stop taking it so seriously

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 15.07.2015
    Yes, making changes to George's silo event is very important now.
  • Dyson (GB1)Dyson (GB1) Posts: 8
    edited 15.07.2015
    ryn51422 wrote: »
    Please do NOT shutdown game during Coop Challenge as everyone will be in a mission. Unfair GGS.

missions keep running so a short break wont hurt
  • Cabby (AU1)Cabby (AU1) AU1 Posts: 24
    edited 15.07.2015
    yeah I'm sick & tired of GGS doing a frigging maintenance during the mission & co-op challenges....so why can't u do it after the challenges is finish & NOT during the MISSIONS!!!! gee not a happy farmer at all!!!!!!!! :(:(
  • debbie5117 (AU1)debbie5117 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    edited 15.07.2015
    GGS know that people will be doing missions during a challenge so if its not important why can't it wait until after the challenge and then do it. And sometimes its not a short break either. :(
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.07.2015
    Any timing for maintenance would be bad timing .... if we are not in the middle of an "Island Farm Event", we are in the middle of the "Hard Worker" event, or else in a "Coop Challange event", or else etc. etc. .... As there is never a break in between events, GGS will never be able to find a "suitable" timing to do maintenance!

And as regular maintenance is needed, we will have to abide therein .... :S
    edited 15.07.2015
    Wow @ the negativity....Put the mouse down and step away from thee computer!!!!
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 15.07.2015
    This time I did not find the maintenance down time a problem, it was just another hiccup that allowed me to get away from the computer and forget about Big Farm. No idea how long it lasted or what happened to my mission, while i could not add to the mission, nobody else could.
    I think some of us need to get away from big farm a wee bit, so i am proposing a few work party days, for all Big Farm farmers, to help clean up my allotment and the canal, a work day to paint the boat. Free bread and water will be supplied. Please share any chocolate that you may bring. Dates to be arranged
  • bebet (US1)bebet (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    edited 15.07.2015
    i wish they would do maint. now . cant clear or restart half the time .my whole team is having to refresh constantly for a week now fix the problems before adding more crap
  • TRUEOVE (US1)TRUEOVE (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    edited 15.07.2015
    This is BULL. I have tried to do 3 missions and everytime I get cut off for maintenance. And by the time I get back on it is all over. I no I could of at least come in 2nd for most of my missions. Even when I am doing a mission, I cant seem to load my fields, coops or sheds. It has been this way since the candy mission project. So PLEASE get your stuff in order and dont do maintenance during an event. I think we ALL should get extra cert. or rep. points for be inconvenience.
    edited 15.07.2015
    TRUEOVE...would you like an e-tissue?
  • monstersincmonstersinc Posts: 8
    edited 15.07.2015
    I don't understand why we need back to back events when they could run 2 and then have a day without events so they can do maintenance. A break away from events is good at times and gives us a change to restock on things
    edited 16.07.2015
    Because its a business they are running, and businesses want to make money.
  • monstersincmonstersinc Posts: 8
    edited 16.07.2015
    Porkies wrote: »
    Because its a business they are running, and businesses want to make money.

A business can't make money if people cannot play the game. If the game was more stable yes I, and others, might purchase gold but until they stop doing back to back and over lapping events, and use the event free times to actually do the proper maintenance on the game, I see no point in purchasing gold and wasting my money
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 16.07.2015
    Of course we're super sorry for having to do a maintenance in the middle of an event, but - as Jiesta already said - there's no perfect time, sadly. We're not doing maintenance breaks because it's a comfortable time for us to do them, but because we found bugs that need fixing ASAP and can't wait for the next update.

So yeah. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I mean it, but there's no helping it and it will probably happen again. Don't let our short maintenance times rain on your parade, guys :)

Greetings,
    Timo
  • edited 16.07.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    Of course we're super sorry for having to do a maintenance in the middle of an event, but - as Jiesta already said - there's no perfect time, sadly. We're not doing maintenance breaks because it's a comfortable time for us to do them, but because we found bugs that need fixing ASAP and can't wait for the next update.

So yeah. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I mean it, but there's no helping it and it will probably happen again. Don't let our short maintenance times rain on your parade, guys :)

Greetings,
    Timo

I understand how all of you feel about having the maint. inturrupt our Co-op challenges, whether you are using gold or not. I am a Level 115 player on US 1 and I do not buy gold yet-can't afford it and certainly can't afford to lose any, so waiting for GGS to add a gold safety feature.

Anyway aside from that, I have been playing for over a year now. We have lots of bug in the game, some which never seem to get fixed. I'm not sure why this fix was so important to do right now when the Hard Work event is already over, but GGS must have a reason for it and for me they can't fix any bug too soon!!!

I am writing this using Google Chrome as my browser. I was on IE, but the forum there is impossible to type on using IE, skipping letters and spaces, etc. I reported it to support many times, but nothing gets done about it. Yes, yes, I have cheared cahs, rebooted the computer, etc.

And what about the poor players who only got solo missions the last challenge? The fixes are good for everyone and need to be put in as soon as possible when they are available so our play will be much more pleasant.

I hated waiting 2 weeks for the fix that fixed having to refresh the screens after every apple turnover batch was made in the bakery! IMO, things like that should be fixed immediately, not waiting 2 weeks to do it. So, I for one player am VERY HAPPY to see some fixes being made in a much more timely manner!!! Of course preventing them in the first place would be nice, but I have computer background and it is just not always possible.

Yes, it will be inconvienient to so maint. at times, but never a great time for all. So three cheers GGS and Thank You for fixing the bugs NOW!!! Keep doing it as soon as you can!!!! Happy players keep playing & stay in our Co-ops and if you make a gold vault as in my suggestion or something else so Gold cannot be accidentally spent, more players will stay and buy gold too!!! :-) A much better way to get and retain players than the friend feature which I still hate!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 16.07.2015
    Yes, it will be inconvienient to so maint. at times, but never a great time for all. So three cheers GGS and Thank You for fixing the bugs NOW!!! Keep doing it as soon as you can!!!! Happy players keep playing & stay in our Co-ops and if you make a gold vault as in my suggestion or something else so Gold cannot be accidentally spent, more players will stay and buy gold too!!! :-) A much better way to get and retain players than the friend feature which I still hate!

Agreed, (in spades!!!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file