Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• So even a quote with a namedrop counts? I think that is a little silly, but yay anyway : P Thanks!
    Yes, that counts, I replied to a post with a quote that contained @WascallyWabbit & got a badge for dropping my own name - That one is a big silly. :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Strange - I've dropped names several times now - but no badges ...  :'(   Doesn't seem to work properly yet, this feature.
  • Strange - I've dropped names several times now - but no badges ...  :'(   Doesn't seem to work properly yet, this feature.
    It should work with any CM or mod name, as we don`t have a space or the ( ) which seem to cause a problem for other names at the moment.
    edited 14.09.2015
    Strange - I've dropped names several times now - but no badges ...  :'(   Doesn't seem to work properly yet, this feature.
    It should work with any CM or mod name, as we don`t have a space or the ( ) which seem to cause a problem for other names at the moment.
    Hmmmmm - I dropped the name of @Latten around 45 minutes ago ....... still no badge. But no problem, I can veeeeery patient !!  :p

EDIT: Oh well, got the badge few seconds ago .... maybe this second drop of @Latten worked (???). THANKS anyhow.
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    The hour limit for editing is really stupid.   
    Case in point.
    I start a thread, ask a question,  and say six pages later someone posts the answer.
    It would be nice if I could edit my original post and say this has been answered, see page xxx.
    But I can't.   Not an "improvement."
    Have you tried the question feature yet? Yes, it is currently a little bugged and shows questions from all over the world, but the feature itself would be a perfect fit for what you're wanting to do. 

If you use the question feature (instead of starting a new discussion), you can approve answers that answered your question perfectly. This same answer will be moved to the first page and appear right after your question, so everybody will see the answer immediately and don't have to follow the discussion around it if they're just looking for information. :)
    edited 14.09.2015
    Mighty interesting @Nafaru - I am learning every day.

Where can I find that "question feature"?? Sorry, but I can't even find how to start a "new discussion" which I almost never did in the past - this "question feature" sounds
     much more practical to me!

Where can I find that "question feature"?? Sorry, but I can't even find how to start a "new discussion" which I almost never did in the past - this "question feature" sounds much more practical to me!
    If you go to "Players ask Players", the option is preselected. 

In all other forum areas, you will find the button "start discussion" above all listed discussions. This button offers a dropdown menu in which you can also select the option to ask a question instead. 
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.09.2015

Where can I find that "question feature"?? Sorry, but I can't even find how to start a "new discussion" which I almost never did in the past - this "question feature" sounds much more practical to me!
    I don't know if this is the right answer, but if you look at "players ask players" section, just under that title says "ask a question". Is it that or not.... i don't know, have not tried it yet :smiley: 

And somewhere under "general discussion" i have seen "new discussion".....
    edited 14.09.2015
    Nafaru said:

If you go to "Players ask Players", the option is preselected. 

In all other forum areas, you will find the button "start discussion" above all listed discussions. This button offers a dropdown menu in which you can also select the option to ask a question instead. 
    THANKS for this @Nafaru and @Dara (generic_language_skn1)  ..... I found the "Ask Question" button above the 'Players ask Players' section. Yaaay!! - huge improvement!!

Can't seem to be able to find a button (or anything similar) "start Discussion" anywhere in the forum, no matter how many pages I open....   EDIT: forget it -> I found it, found it!! What a bit of coffee can do, right!?

Must be time for my second cup of coffee - it might open my eyes (?)   :p
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Okay, so I answered one of these '? Unanswered' questions (in Portuguese - I did not visit that forum, though! Could answer from my own account easily), but I am really wondering how I would ask a question to come up in people's 'Unanswered' inbox like that. Anybody know? It seems to be under the 'Recent Discussions' category, but not all those threads end up in my 'Unanswered' inbox. Also the player to player questions do not all pop up in there. So how does that work? Can someone explain or direct me towards a thread where it is explained?
    You choose any category you want to place your question in. Then you have two choices - either start a new discussion, or ask a question, as on the screen below:

Click on "Ask a Question" and then ... it's up to you :) Once you've asked a question (not only that all other communities can see it =)), you're waiting for the right answer. If you get it, you can mark it as an answer and it will be moved right below your question so that everybody who visits the thread (probably because of the same problem) could see it right away and wouldn't have to scroll through the whole thread when trying to search for some helpful info.
    Here this ask a question is also explained, I asked before how to do it ^^ I found the picture in it most helpful : D
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Why is the US Server forum not matching up with the UK Server forum?  Narafu posted an Official Announcement regarding the the Season 5 horse races and all farmers to receive 1200 fuel on the UK Server but it did not show up on the US Server:  

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/categories/official-announcements-us

Now there are people asking in the General Discussions what the 1200 fuel for horses is all about;

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/discussion/107258/fuel-glitch-please-read#latest

:| 
    Hmmm, i'm just wondering why i'm connected in to german forum, instead of this on.
    When i go via the game or where ever, when i sign in, no matter how or where, it is always german forum.
    i must always change "de" in to "en", in address....

Why is the US Server forum not matching up with the UK Server forum?  Narafu posted an Official Announcement regarding the the Season 5 horse races and all farmers to receive 1200 fuel on the UK Server but it did not show up on the US Server:  

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/categories/official-announcements-us

Now there are people asking in the General Discussions what the 1200 fuel for horses is all about;

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/discussion/107258/fuel-glitch-please-read#latest

:| 
    While Timo and I are in charge of both the DE and EN forums, we're not posting on the US boards.

Therefore announcements can differ as it's up to the CMs in charge, what they put up in their forums. I will forward this matter to them, though, as some confusion seems to arise over this compensation. 
  • Mouseslb (US1)Mouseslb (US1) US1 Posts: 63

How do I stop admin from sending me e-mails on peoples comments. I have been getting Sept. 4th for days!

• bablou1 (NL1)bablou1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 82

How do I stop admin from sending me e-mails on peoples comments. I have been getting Sept. 4th for days!

Click the wheel at the right top of the page. Then click preferences. Here uncheck all the boxes for email notifications (the first vertical row). Then click save preferences at the bottom of the page. 
    You now should't get any emails anymore about comments posted :)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 20.09.2015
    Forum first started to speak to me in German language, then in a few steps redirected me nearly completely to German forum itself. :) What a mess again.

I had to manualy change the adress of forum in address line to get back to Englich forum. But I still have some of these notifications and recent threads from German forum.

Is that your fault Nafaru and Latten? :):):)
    Nafaru said:
    While Timo and I are in charge of both the DE and EN forums,........

Forum first started to speak to me in German language, then in a few steps redirected me nearly completely to German forum itself. :) What a mess again.

I had to manualy change the adress of forum in address line to get back to Englich forum. But I still have some of these notifications and recent threads from German forum.

Same here today
  • don't like the new forum ,let me know how to start a thread. also i have never had a movie screen icon and never had a watch video icon in my building window.i see that's another application that doesn't work. i also have co-op members that have watch video and when they click on it a ad for blood clots is there,they have opened it and when finished it hasn't disappeared in a week.so they haven't been offered videos to watch. so either fix it or get rid of it.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    don't like the new forum ,let me know how to start a thread. also i have never had a movie screen icon and never had a watch video icon in my building window.i see that's another application that doesn't work. i also have co-op members that have watch video and when they click on it a ad for blood clots is there,they have opened it and when finished it hasn't disappeared in a week.so they haven't been offered videos to watch. so either fix it or get rid of it.
    Go to a forum and click on new discussion - that is how you start a thread.

The video feature is still in test mode. Don't ask why it has taken so long, I also consider that quite ridiculous, but it is like that. I still do not have videos on my main account, but I do have them on all my other 5 accounts on the other servers, which I don't play! I wonder when that test phase is finally over and we will all get videos!
  • I do not understand why this new forum was made. Entertainment and Fun was a fine name for the corner of non big farm related stuff.
    I do not understand why this new forum was made. Entertainment and Fun was a fine name for the corner of non big farm related stuff.
    There is a "Games Lounge" in the category non BF related category: The Chicken Coop. All 'old' games we used to play in the old forum, can be found there.....  :)
  • Still can't get back to my previous forum account.
    Got an email about generating a ticket once (2 weeks ago), but no response after that.
    Why can't we simply click on the icon and login?
  • Still can't get back to my previous forum account.
    Got an email about generating a ticket once (2 weeks ago), but no response after that.
    Why can't we simply click on the icon and login?
    Hi Tampoon,

Sorry to hear that you are still having difficulties, please can you send a PM to Nafaru giving details of your account names & which one you would like to use on the forums.

Thankyou
    Wabbit
  • I have not watched any movie, not have I found any mushroom,
    but I am glad to see that I can login with my old identity at last!
    :)

That's at least something Tampoon! Congratz!

The videos are still on a try-out, so only a selected group of players get them. And things are still very buggy, they are trying out all different ways of showing them; sometimes they work, sometimes they don't or only part of it, sometimes there is nothing to watch - so just be glad you are not one us guinea pigs!  ;) 

The mushroom hunt didn't start yet; it wasn't supposed to start right after the update took place. We can expect it one of the coming days I think. 

• Seems a whole lot of though was put into adding a jillion stupid smily icons though.  If only someone actually did something helpful here.   Those are not. Just a waste of space.  I don't come here to see cutsie.  I come here only when I have a question I need to find.    Like why the horse thing was cut short.  Pages of that in technical trouble and no answers at all.   
     (Insert a smily face you would not find here. Lets just say not smiling.)

Edited to add....  right as I went to close this, I saw a notice at the top of the screen. Seems I have two badges.
    Ok, what the HELL are badges for?????   More cutsie?    Do they serve ANY function what so ever?  Do I care who else might have the same stupid cutsie doo dad?   Gees people go work on actually FIXING the many assorted bugs with this forum and game and stop with the meaningless cutsie nonsense.

Hi Artmaker, I hope that you are having a better day and enjoying the forum a little more now. I do understand how the bugs can bit now and then.   I'm behind answering posts-- life happens sometimes :tired_face: 

I like the different emoticons and especially like the little video gifs like Scissors Posts sometimes.  Always nice for a good laugh and brightens my day.  Especially when we ARE having increased buggy problems.  To me no use getting too mad over things and the laughter from the "cutsie" stuff helps with that.

I don't know anything about the badges yet, but I expect that they are just for fun, fun, fun!

The more I learn about the new Forum, the more I like it and in a few months when things are all working better, I hope you will too.

I don't have to log in every time.  My default should be the EN forum, but I always get the US forum.  So, I just change the US to EN and all is well for now. 

roadrunnernm (US1) said:This new forum will take some getting used to and we will get through it  and carry on as always.
    Some of the extraneous stuff i just have to ignore as i can not do the fancy computer stuff-- too computer illiterate for that stuff-- but i try to learn as I go along to do what i can do! 

**** From Craftycritters
    I'm trying to multi quote and it is not letting me type below your post, so added this part is from me.

Roadrunner, there are lots of people on here that will help you learn to do the "fancy stuff", just ask.  I for one love to teach and will try to help you all I can.  Happy Farming!
  • I have not watched any movie, not have I found any mushroom,
    but I am glad to see that I can login with my old identity at last!
    :)

For mushroom info, read my post at this link- page 3 -7th one down, also go to page 5 for some pics of where some of the mushrooms have been found, etc. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/107802/update-sep-22nd-mushroom-search-discussion/p3

Latten and Nafaru!!  Are they going to number the posts for us?  Also after quoting a post, I'd like to have a back to the post button, so I don't have to hunt for it through all the posts, numbers would help here too.  Thanks!

• Nafaru said:
    How to we message a player on the forum that is in another server?
      you can go to new message and select any player in the "send to" box
    Or you go to the player's profile and click message. That works too : )
    but if the player is on another forum, like the GG Galaxy forum, you can't see their profile in a post unless you find them
    All our game forums used to be connected in the past, that's why you could contact players of other games but not other languages through the private message function.

With the new forums, all languages are connected, but there is no connection between the game forums. So you can no longer message players of other games, but you could get in touch with players from other countries. :)
    oh. disappointed about that, but thanks for the info. :)
    Thank you all for your help. 
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    HATE HATE HATE THE FORUM CONFUSING, HORRIBLE THIS IS THE WORSE FORUM I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS.................
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    HATE HATE HATE THE FORUM CONFUSING, HORRIBLE THIS IS THE WORSE FORUM I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS.................

Give it some time, you'll probably adjust to it as others have. It is new & a learning experience for all of us. There are still some things that need to be worked out but I'm sure within time everything will be fine.

Instead of expressing hate, maybe you could post what is confusing you about the new forums? There are many players here to help but we need to know the problem before offering a solution. Many of us have been helping each other to learn things about the new forums and we're still learning.

Feel free to message me with any questions you have and I will help you in anyway I possibly can. If I don't have an answer, I'll do my best to find one. :)

Sign In to comment.