Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: Game down for maintenance during event

Is there a reason why the game had to go down earlier during the "out of this world" event. Could it not have waited until it was finished? The event is hard enough for some as it is so I hope we are going to get some extra time to make up for the time the game was down!
Post edited by Mommasfarm (GB1) on

Comments

• Farmer BevFarmer Bev Posts: 1
    edited 23.06.2015
    I hate it too, I never get to finish these event in the time limit :(
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 23.06.2015
    Mommasfarm wrote: »
    Is there a reason why the game had to go down earlier during the "out of this world" event. Could it not have waited until it was finished? The event is hard enough for some as it is so I hope we are going to get some extra time to make up for the time the game was down!

As soon as one event ends the next one starts, so its always going to be during one of them, but at least they are quick. ^^
  • Nexus_Shadow2Nexus_Shadow2 Posts: 15
    edited 23.06.2015
    As soon as one event ends the next one starts, so its always going to be during one of them, but at least they are quick. ^^

quick? 3 hours and counting... it's 3am here atm, im only awake because i want to set wheat to grow on my 6 fields, cow feed at the mill, 8x humus at compost and 200 fertilizers at the silo, I'm almost done (less than 20) getting herbs for piggles as well.... if i don't get these long productions going before bed that will cost me another 8-9 hours on top of the 3 hours for the maintenance downtime, i also had several stables almost ready to cycle (harvest then restart for dropped items) in the past hours i could have (more than likely) finished the collect evidence photographs task and started the apples production which i could again set before bed... the piggles mini task is only a 2 day challenge.. and yes as soon as one event ends the next starts, but that is by GGames design.. they can just as easily delay the start of the next event until after scheduled maintenance... or at least give in game notice by way of message or popup that the event timer will be paused for the duration of the downtime...
  • ned (AU1)ned (AU1) Posts: 16
    edited 23.06.2015
    this is very true - sure there are times where updates must happen but if it is to be a long one such as this one then delay the events leading up to it we don't mind a break from quests for a day but locking us out when so much is on is ten times worse
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 23.06.2015
    @ Nexus, yeah I saw they had a problem on AU1 and IN1 so you guys have been down a while... I feel for ya. :(
    The OP is on same server as me & ours was only down for a few minutes, so I was speaking more in the case of an update that runs smoothly. Hope yours is back soon.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 23.06.2015
    It's not looking good for poor Piggles! animated-death-image-0007.gif
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 24.06.2015
    this is one of the many reasons that events are too close together

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file