Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Candy Farm!

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 12.06.2015
    Lylu3 wrote: »
    Someone posted recently (in the last 12-16 hours) some information they had gathered about the number of Progress Points required for the upgrade levels of the Candy Palace. It was only a partial list, but more that just the 3 major rewards levels. I didn't take good note of the thread title and now I can't find it again. I've tried a number of searches and read/re-read numerous threads about the Candy Farm.

Anyone out there with better sleuthing skills care to help me relocate this post?

edit - I just remembered, the poster did say something about how they thought the first level might be 100 points but had only been donating grapes, so the multiple they knew for sure was 102 (8.5*6). I am now trying to search on the word 'grapes'.

Do you mean this one, Lylu? Look here

Or this one? Look here
  • Smurf8Smurf8 Posts: 235
    edited 12.06.2015
    Have had another look at the sugar mill bottleneck problem. You can bypass it by keeping the Candy Factory busy with Fruit Puddings whilst you are waiting on sugar for sugar ornaments.
  • Chalaryl (US1)Chalaryl (US1) Posts: 132
    edited 12.06.2015
    Smurf8 wrote: »
    Have had another look at the sugar mill bottleneck problem. You can bypass it by keeping the Candy Factory busy with Fruit Puddings whilst you are waiting on sugar for sugar ornaments.

Problem is, pudding takes alpaca products, which require alpaca feed, which is made in...wait for it...the Sugar Mill!

Only the lowest level product (fruity delights) requires no sugar-mill dependent products
  • Daytona4Daytona4 Posts: 14
    edited 12.06.2015
    On the Info panel of the orchards. What you are actually charged is different. The difference doesn't relate to the happiness discount. The cost on the Product Information panel is correct.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 12.06.2015
    Has anyone noticed that the running costs for the composter, sugar mill, and candy factory don't add correctly? For instance, production of a single unit in the composter:
    Production cost ... $480
    Happiness -40
    Total cost ........... $728

The cost calculation on the sugar field seems to be correct.

Yep, on the Dutch server NL1 somebody noticed this as well.... indeed it doesn't seem correct. Hopefully one of the mod's can react on this one..... ^^
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 12.06.2015
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Do you mean this one, Lylu? Look here

Or this one? Look here

Nope - wasn't either one of those (I had already looked through them, but did again just to make sure). Also, I had no luck finding the thread when I searched the word grapes.

If a thread is status 'closed', will it be in the list of found threads when searching for a keyword?
  • JustMe (AU1)JustMe (AU1) Posts: 170
    edited 12.06.2015
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 12.06.2015
    kujhawkfan wrote: »
    perhaps one of these is what you are looking for

Nope - it was definitely a Forum post that I saw. I am familiar with the Turtle gang pages, and have been checking back there regularly to see if the info I'm looking for has been included in their data.

ps - you used the same link all 3 times
  • jady3613jady3613 Posts: 3
    edited 12.06.2015
    well i have one question: if you dont have that much money on ur farm
    and you need money on ur candy farm than what to do cuz i need money??? ?(
  • adoptapetadoptapet Posts: 55
    edited 12.06.2015
    I am confused about my worker counts. I have 1 simple trailer home maxed to level 4 for 28 workers and the Candy Caravan at level 3 for 40 workers, so the total is 68 workers. 68 less 66 used workers gives 2 free workers. This agrees with the counts on the workers spot. What I do not understand is the happiness is deducting for 60 workers. So, are caravan workers counted against happiness but at a discounted rate of 15%??? ( 40 *.15 = 6). I thought caravan workers did not impact happiness at all per other sites.

Help!

PS. and to my dear friends, I know, I am easily confused rofl
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 12.06.2015
    I'm not sure where you've gotten the information that workers do not affect happiness negatively. Because that's exactly what they do. If it wasn't for those unruly day-timers we wouldn't need decorations ;)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 12.06.2015
    adoptapet wrote: »
    I am confused about my worker counts. I have 1 simple trailer home maxed to level 4 for 28 workers and the Candy Caravan at level 3 for 40 workers, so the total is 68 workers. 68 less 66 used workers gives 2 free workers. This agrees with the counts on the workers spot. What I do not understand is the happiness is deducting for 60 workers. So, are caravan workers counted against happiness but at a discounted rate of 15%??? ( 40 *.15 = 6). I thought caravan workers did not impact happiness at all per other sites.

Help!

PS. and to my dear friends, I know, I am easily confused rofl

Happiness is never calculated in amounts of workers, but in amounts of houses (caravans in this case). You can check in the caravan how much unhappiness it brings on which level (open the ring menu and click on the blue i button). I have also seen that the caravans give a different amount of extra workers with each level as compared to normal houses on the other three farms. So this farm seems to be totally different from what we are all used to!

Edit: oh besides, the main farm house (caravan) does not bring any unhappiness, but does bring workers - maybe your discount is located there. This counts for all the farms btw, main farm houses never bring unhappiness.
    edited 12.06.2015
    I added one simple trailer home, 10 workers. But my happiness is charging me for 100 now instead of the 60 before????? So it charged 40 against happiness.

really need help!~!

edited to add:

Thanks Larino, I think I get it now. You were faster answering than my typing the above. I will go check what you have suggested.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 12.06.2015
    I added one simple trailer home, 10 workers. But my happiness is charging me for 100 now instead of the 60 before????? So it charged 40 against happiness.

really need help!~!

edited to add:

Thanks Larino, I think I get it now. You were faster answering than my typing the above. I will go check what you have suggested.

Yep, one trailer home brings -40 happiness as you will see when you check the blue i button out ^^
  • LexiatelLexiatel Posts: 146
    edited 12.06.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    That's what I keep beating about, yet even some players still don't get it. Temp farms unlocked at level 30 without any in-game warning is simply a cruel joke, trap, major setback. smile.pngsmile.png

Everyone I know of so far, who unlocked temp farm at or near level 30 regretted doing so. And tasks leading to that trap are so tempting and look so inocent that despite so many warnings from other players to be carefull about temp farms, many still fall into the trap anyway.

And although I understand difficulties connected with suggested in-game "warning", I'm still convinced GGS needs to do something about this nasty spot in game progress. smile.png

I started the Island Farm as soon as I could, but I followed the warnings I received, and I only spent what I could. Surprisingly enough, I actually beat the first chapter o0n my first try! But I also read the "guides" to the farms, AND time management games are my thing, so :P Now on the bakery, I didn't open it until like 45 or 48, because when I opened the gourmet ranch, it just sucked my well dry, and my nice lovely CO-OP owner (Carvin from Carvin's Pride), informed that it was expensive to start up, but worth it in the end. So I just decided to build up a bank for it.

For a normal player though, whose new to games like this, they should REALLY wait until they have like 3,000,000 to spend. Then play leisurely, learning the ropes of the game. DEFINITELY read the guides; they help a lot!.

really need help!~!
    This is actually the correct amount...

Each new house (simple tailor home) takes 40 happiness from you. Level 2 upgrade decreases it with 5 more (total of 45), and Level 3 will decrease your happiness by a total 52.
    edited 12.06.2015
    You all are the best, Larino and Lexiatel. Just oblivious me not looking at the little stuff in the info. Definitely will upgrade the caravan to the max now~! Did not save any $ by adding the house instead in the long run, with the hit to production costs, lol.
    edited 12.06.2015
    Well, you'll need the house for later though, so it's no big deal. Just make sure your gate/fence is at least level 2, and add decorations to increase your happiness :)
  • jady3613jady3613 Posts: 3
    edited 13.06.2015
    well thx but i really need money i dont have money rite now v.v
    edited 13.06.2015
    Then you don't want to play any of the temp farms, because they EAt your money.

I have a question...

The Candy Factory says that on level 1 I can produce 36 units, but it still only allows me to create 5 Marzipans (even though I have enough ingredients for 20), how come there is no arrow to toggle this amount (like in the mills)? Can I really only make 1 batch of Marzipans at a time and not 4??? Please don't tell me this is like the bakery!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 13.06.2015
    I like the candy farm, generally, and I like the sort of carnival decos... but I do miss the nature-themed decos. Not having any bushes/trees/flowering plants aside from the fields & orchards is just too much dirt and fun rides. :(

*cough* I may have actually bought some land but not demolished it just to keep the trees/grass/shrubs... *shifty*
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 13.06.2015
    Lexiatel wrote: »
    I started the Island Farm as soon as I could, but I followed the warnings I received, and I only spent what I could. Surprisingly enough, I actually beat the first chapter o0n my first try! But I also read the "guides" to the farms, AND time management games are my thing, so :P Now on the bakery, I didn't open it until like 45 or 48, because when I opened the gourmet ranch, it just sucked my well dry, and my nice lovely CO-OP owner (Carvin from Carvin's Pride), informed that it was expensive to start up, but worth it in the end. So I just decided to build up a bank for it.

For a normal player though, whose new to games like this, they should REALLY wait until they have like 3,000,000 to spend. Then play leisurely, learning the ropes of the game. DEFINITELY read the guides; they help a lot!.

Congratulations! :) Finally someone who actually enjoyed that. And you knew beforehand what you were getting into. I started it on L30 too and got the first chapter on my second leasurely play, even without guides. Never focussed on temp farms. But it did slow my perm farms developement and that is what I was focussed on. Gourmet and Flower farm bring benefit quite quickly, although not without some good investment. Temp farm value, appart from fun of playing it, is very questionable issue. For Gourmet and Flower you need substantial purchase investment, so you think twice even without any warning, and no adverse effect follows when you open them. Temp farm lures you into openning it with nice task with nearly no investment, so players don't even start thinking about that, do it sort of automatically, unless somebody warns them, and it has an adverse effect on boat. Playable? Yes, especially if warned beforehand. Gamer friendly? Definitelly not. Especially not towards those who play just casually and don't want to or have time to wade through forums and look for guides for everything or make their own calculations for everything. In-game warning of some kind before openning the first temp farm is imo very desireable thing. And I wouldn't mind the option to just lock the 5th and 6th boat crates after first openning should the unprepared player desire to deal with the shock this way and go back to pre-releasing state untill they feel ready and in position to enjoy and benefit from temp farms.
    edited 13.06.2015
    Well, you did a great job w/o a guide! Kudos to you!

FYI: Just got rewarded with 10.4k tickets for building a cotton candy machine.... :o

How much do you get for a gumball machine?(e) answer is 3400. Just tried it.
  • 1sttimer1sttimer Posts: 34
    edited 13.06.2015
    Lylu3 wrote: »
    Someone posted recently (in the last 12-16 hours) some information they had gathered about the number of Progress Points required for the upgrade levels of the Candy Palace. It was only a partial list, but more that just the 3 major rewards levels. I didn't take good note of the thread title and now I can't find it again. I've tried a number of searches and read/re-read numerous threads about the Candy Farm.

Anyone out there with better sleuthing skills care to help me relocate this post?

edit - I just remembered, the poster did say something about how they thought the first level might be 100 points but had only been donating grapes, so the multiple they knew for sure was 102 (8.5*6). I am now trying to search on the word 'grapes'.

maybe this one? http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?140425-Suggestion-Show-Progress-Points-required-fro-Candy-Palace

and there's a new one http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?140523-Progress-Points-for-Candy-Palace
    Lexiatel wrote: »
    Then you don't want to play any of the temp farms, because they EAt your money.

I have a question...

The Candy Factory says that on level 1 I can produce 36 units, but it still only allows me to create 5 Marzipans (even though I have enough ingredients for 20), how come there is no arrow to toggle this amount (like in the mills)? Can I really only make 1 batch of Marzipans at a time and not 4??? Please don't tell me this is like the bakery!!!

there's a toggle at level 2

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use multi-quote or edit button
    edited 13.06.2015
    1sttimer wrote: »
    there's a toggle at level 2
    Oh, good! Thanks for the info!
  • edited 13.06.2015
    I completed all the tasks on the Candy Farm - built a Level 1 of everything. Now it says that all tasks are complete for this farm???? That can't be right so early in the game. Where are the rest of the tasks and their rewards. Yes, I have cleared both cashes and rebooted the computer, etc.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 13.06.2015
    No, once you've reached the next stage of the Candy palace (10,000) you will get more tasks. :)
  • baggierob (GB1)baggierob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 4
    edited 13.06.2015
    i seem to be stuck ive collected 16 chocolate but can not seem to donate them?(?(?(
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    edited 13.06.2015
    I think you have to unlock level 2 in the candy palace, and then you should be able to donate them.
  • baggierob (GB1)baggierob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 4
    edited 13.06.2015
    how do u do that
  • Aqua_Diamond (GB1)Aqua_Diamond (GB1) Posts: 11
    edited 13.06.2015
    Hi,
    You can donate candy to build the candy palace by clicking on the empty patch of land just slightly to the left of your starting section of farm land. (There's a bit of water around it). Then, just click on the green 'hand' button and change the amounts of things that you want to give. Then, once you've set the amount to donate just click on the green hand again. :)

But, on the first level of building, I think you can only donate the Fruity Delights and Marzipan. The ability to donate chocolate unlocks once you've managed to fill up the first section of the building bar. (purple)
Sign In to comment.