Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: A Championship too far??

Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
Oh please, GGS - it's only eleven days since the last Co-op Championship ended, and now we get the warning icon for another one?! How much stamina/patience/sanity do you think we have left??
Post edited by Penfold (GB1) on

Comments

• Chalaryl (US1)Chalaryl (US1) Posts: 132
    edited 29.05.2015
    Yeah, sheesh!! I'm hoping it's an error and timer is really for the candy farm. Mods -HEEEELLLPPP!!
  • edited 29.05.2015
    I see the countdown timer for our next Cooperative Championship is running already. Why?

Many people have stated that that event would be better if it ran every other month, not twice in the same month. The last one ended less than 18 days ago.

Is this an error, or a Cooperative Champion-sunken-ship?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 29.05.2015
    Seriously. I can't believe GGS is running this again so soon, after so many complained that between each island event was too much. I'm hoping it's not 200 hours this time. :( For mercy sake GGS!
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    edited 29.05.2015
    I see we're thinking the same thing, Alabaster... I started a thread on it as you were doing this one! I don't know that I've recovered from the madness of the last one sufficiently to do it all again yet! lol... but I don't expect it's an error, somehow :D
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 29.05.2015
    I know I haven't recovered. This is madness, I say. I can just shake my head in disbelief. :(
  • cheshi (US1)cheshi (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 29.05.2015
    GGS, this is seriously NOT funny! It is just making you look much too greedy. I would bet there is a VERY SMALL number of people that want to play the Co-op Challenge so frequently. Count me OUT!

I refuse to continue to participate in events that seem to just encourage GGS' extreme greediness. The Co-op challenge is probably more than 8 days now. If not, it won't be long until it is a 365 days a year constant, instead of an event. This is more like a chore.
  • jjjjjjjjjjjj10jjjjjjjjjjjj10 Posts: 136
    edited 29.05.2015
    Guys! You don't need to do it if you don't want too. Tell your coop that we will not be doing it this time and just play! Whats the fuss?
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 29.05.2015
    I can't believe this. Eight days every month was already too much, now they want us to do the challenge twice in one month?

People have been waiting and waiting for the island. Some players are running out of seeds to supply the ship, which isn't good with the horse competition going on. Please, GGS, bring the island and postpone the co-op challenge till after the island!
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 29.05.2015
    Up to this point, GGS seemed to be following the rhythm of the game: separate events so players can play to maximum potential and recover between events. Now the balance is so screwed up that it leaves one to consider not participating. We've started another horse competition yet don't have the horseshoes to train horses. Now rather than listen to our pleas for a countdown to the island, we get a countdown for another co-op challenge!!! How do we get someone to listen?
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 29.05.2015
    I certainly hope that this is a mistake, but if something new was going to start right after the pre event wouldn't we already see new decos in the tower. Previously they've always appeared after the update, before the event has actually started.
  • edited 29.05.2015
    Guys! You don't need to do it if you don't want too. Tell your coop that we will not be doing it this time and just play! Whats the fuss?

Great suggestion. We have done that already in farmers first.

The fuss is the disappointment felt as we were already in a Horse Championship, were very excited for a fun new temporary farm to launch (Candy Farm!!!), and saw this news about an untimely Cooperative Championship instead. Frankly, the Cooperative Championships have turned into a chore instead of a team-building event. The move from 5 to 8 days was not appreciated by most, but did allow more co-ops to gain rewards, so OK. The lack of new top rewards makes this event an easy choice to opt out of if people choose to do so rather than adding another Cooperative Cherry Orchard to storage. Sad to see the Co-op Championships turn from fun to dread in less than 6 months though.

GGS, you are doing something very wrong here.
  • Smurf8Smurf8 Posts: 235
    edited 29.05.2015
    Count me and my gang O.U.T!!!!! We've got sunshine, lives and better ways to spend our cash thank you very much. On the plus side, there'll be a space in the EN 1 top ten for another coop, so good news for someone.
  • Anissa0012 (US1)Anissa0012 (US1) Posts: 43
    edited 29.05.2015
    Another challenge?? Are you crazy? We just had one not even a month ago! We're TIRED of challenges. The rewards are always the same. I need a temp island to gain more horseshoes, and I've been waiting TOO LONG. This is a very stupid idea, ggs. These challenges cause too much stress and cost too much!
  • Smurf8Smurf8 Posts: 235
    edited 29.05.2015
    I can't help thinking there's been a huge disaster in rolling out the candy farm and this is being sprung to fill the gap. It would certainly explain why we have the shell trader back - surely they wouldn't bother if the new event farm was starting in a couple of days? I hope not, I was genuinely excited about the new farm :S
  • sjw (US1)sjw (US1) Posts: 13
    edited 29.05.2015
    PLEASE no more long or on top of one another challenges. They were fun. Now they bring dread. I want to support my coop, but this is ridiculous.

I am out of seeds so am having a hard time with the horses. We need the island in one form or another. We DON'T need another challenge. Listen to us GGS.
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 29.05.2015
    Ok GGS , here we are waiting for a temp farm and what do you give us a challenge. Come on, get it right. I hope this is a mistake because we're not ready for a challenge yet. I ready for a temp farm so I can get more horseshoes to train my horses. Please Help us achieve our goals.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 29.05.2015
    6 weeks between Co-op challenges was good. This is ridiculous.

-Y

Edit> NM on my edit, timing is off.
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 29.05.2015
    Good idea, everyone go on a Co-op Challenge strike. I'm gonna tell my co-op , just don't do it. I think that would get GGS's attention. They just want the money we spend on gold.
  • judy long (US1)judy long (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 29.05.2015
    I don't understand. I can't train my horses because I can't fill the ship. Now another champ challenge. It is just wrong
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 29.05.2015
    if ggs doesn't hear our voices maybe they'll hear us at the cash register..
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 29.05.2015
    Maryann572 wrote: »
    Good idea, everyone go on a Co-op Challenge strike. I'm gonna tell my co-op , just don't do it. I think that would get GGS's attention. They just want the money we spend on gold.
    watch it you'll be getting a strike against you, the forum gm will be here telling you that organising a strike on the farm is against forum rules. It certainly shows that GGS paid no attention what-so-ever to the players saying it was too much last time. I tend to agree with smurf about the candy farm, although we still have time for them to say the count down to co-op challenge and not candy fair was a "bug"
  • Yorg (NL1)Yorg (NL1) Posts: 21
    edited 29.05.2015
    We are not participating this time. There is enough other stuff to do.
    We need the island instead of championship so we can fill our ship...
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 29.05.2015
    if ggs doesn't hear our voices maybe they'll hear us at the cash register....no $$$ for gold boosters.
    There are only 2 sure things in life, well 3 if you count ggs bugs, 1 is death and the other is plenty of sales/deals from ggs to get us to buy gold. Whatever "event" turns up on Saturday, you can bet we'll have more sale pop ups than ever before.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 29.05.2015
    Smurf8 wrote: »
    I can't help thinking there's been a huge disaster in rolling out the candy farm and this is being sprung to fill the gap. It would certainly explain why we have the shell trader back - surely they wouldn't bother if the new event farm was starting in a couple of days? I hope not, I was genuinely excited about the new farm :S

I think something has gone wrong to lol Maybe a german bear ate it lol but I would not be surprised that after all build up the new farm will just be a cheap copy of the others rolled into 1. Yes hopefully weather picking up so don,t want another challenge 3 a year,not 20 the way its going
  • thesurveydoc (US1)thesurveydoc (US1) Posts: 80
    edited 29.05.2015
    Agreed. GGS is crazy for running the CC again in any time span less than a month!
  • edited 29.05.2015
    I like all the rewards from it. I do a couple of missions and get all those free rewards. Stay out of the CC if you want, but at least enjoy the rewards! :D
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 29.05.2015
    Kaching Kaching is what GGS loves to hear! :wacko:

Maybe GGS will not have this Coop Challenge not last as long! :rolleyes: Ohhhh silly me - what am I thinking...that would never happen!
  • cabo (INT1)cabo (INT1) Posts: 360
    edited 29.05.2015
    No-No-No-Absolutely not!!
    Not until the issue of the best players getting over 200 SOLO MISSIONS IN A ROW IS RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 29.05.2015
    waiting waiting waiting for temp farm please.... think ill sit this cc out thanks!
  • Janisss (AU1)Janisss (AU1) Posts: 63
    edited 29.05.2015
    The coop challenge is not even a challenge!!! The same coop has won every time.....no offense to the winning coop.....but it takes away the challenge. I am not ready for this again. Contrary to what one poster has stated, the free rewards are not free. They take a lot of time & participation.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file