Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Q4 horse

i know you can BUY a q4 horse at the horsering ,but can we breed q4 horse ? do we need 2xq3 horses for this ?
Post edited by CobbPlayer (AU1) on

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 18.05.2015
    You may be able to buy one through the Horse Market. You will need to get a horse trained up to level 40 to open this up. As for breeding one that might be a stretch to do until you have a couple of well trained foals. 8|
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 18.05.2015
    Since you can breed a Q1 with a Q2 (I have do that more than one time with succes), I'm quit sure you also can breed a Q4 horse with lower quality horses.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 18.05.2015
    Yes you can. Acctually, you do not need two Q3 horses, just one. But chances for breeding it are small.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 18.05.2015
    If you are asking whether it's possible or not, then yep it's possible cause I have one.
    and it does not need 2 quality 3 horse, but needs breeding very high level horses though. mine were both above level 80 when i bred them and 1 horse was quality 3.
    hope this helps.
  • CobbPlayer (AU1)CobbPlayer (AU1) Posts: 32
    edited 18.05.2015
    thanks !!!!!
  • gwen62 (INT1)gwen62 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    edited 18.05.2015
    What I really want to know is how to get a Q2 horse. I've bred up 2 Q1 level 60 plus horses, still no Q2 horse. I play this game a lot and have spent a lot of horse shoes on training, and upgrading. Is this another one of those gold things, were only players who spend a lot of gold get the better Quality horses. I'm a level 101 player and am getting very frustrated
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 18.05.2015
    gwen622 wrote: »
    What I really want to know is how to get a Q2 horse. I've bred up 2 Q1 level 60 plus horses, still no Q2 horse. I play this game a lot and have spent a lot of horse shoes on training, and upgrading. Is this another one of those gold things, were only players who spend a lot of gold get the better Quality horses. I'm a level 101 player and am getting very frustrated

If I remember correct, I first was lucky enough to get a Q2 horse by breeding a Q1 horse around level 70 with another Q1 horse (also around level 70)
    - and no, I do not spending lots of gold on the game, and I have not used any gold for getting that Q2 horse. :)

I think you just need a little more luck and patience, and a little more breeding working :)
    - Good luck and happy farming.
  • gwen62 (INT1)gwen62 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    edited 18.05.2015
    Thanks , it's just frustrating when reading the forum and it seems like so many have level Q2 and higher
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 18.05.2015
    gwen622 wrote: »
    Thanks , it's just frustrating when reading the forum and it seems like so many have level Q2 and higher

it took me few tries to get first quality 2 horse too, it was frustrating when it even failed with 2 lvl 50+ horses. but then when i was trying to train extra horses to raise my main horse's lvl, and i bred a lvl 30+ and another lvl 35+, i got a Q2 horse finally. so basically its mainly about luck and never giving up i think. ofc gold helps too, but i've managed to make Q4 so far without any gold, so it's not a necessity at least, just keep trying.
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 20.10.2015
    http://snag.gy/HwDgh.jpg

I just bred a quality 2 level 42 horse, from pairing a no quality level 44 horse and a quality 1 level 40 horse, both parents which I bought at the horse market.  Before I had tried several times pairing two quality 1 horses, but had not bred a quality 2 horse before.
    I also tried pairing two quality 2 horses which I had bought from the horse market, but was not able to get a quality 3 horse, and certainly have no chance of getting a quality 4 horse, without any quality 3 horse.

It seems that if you breed horses with strong breeding effects, your chances are higher for breeding a higher quality horse. In my  experience, I finally bred a quality 2 horse only when I bred horses that had strong breeding effects (+5 strength, +5 strength, and +5 agility), as it shows in my screenshot linked above.

I am glad to learn from experience that both parent horses don't need to be quality 1 to get a quality 2 horse, only 1 does, and am glad to read here that both don't need to be quality 2 to get a quality 3, and most probably too both don't need to be quality 3 to get a quality 4 horse.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    I've bred one quality 4 horse, and I've been focused on horses since they started.  I have never bought a quality 4 horse.  I have two horses at level 100...  I have bred both horses down... example: once, I bred a 100 with a 0, to get a quality level 4 horse level 50... and trained it up to 100 again, breeding along the way.  I am on my 19th generation of that horse line though I tend to think of it as the same horse.  I do buy horses level 40-50+ in the market to help speed up my training, but still, if you do the math, that's a LOT of training and breeding.  The chances of breeding quality increases, is very small.

Horses are intended to be the "Long game" part of Big Farm.   Events are the 'Short game'.  So it makes sense that achieving the pinnacle should be nigh impossible, and a cause for rejoicing when it happens.

-Y
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I immediately got a Q2 foal out of my 2 first Q1 horses, parents were lvl 33 and lvl 35.

I build up a pedigree pyramid from starting with 8 horses up to 1 lvl 35 horse, 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    1 2 3 4
    1 2

Then I did the same thing once again: building up a pedigree pyramid starting with 8 horses, up to 1 lvl 33 horse. When I train my horses I see to it that they end up with 3 different disciplines, never the same. 

When I bred them I got my Q2 foal right away. I trained him till over lvl 40 so my market would open. I still do breed my second Q2 horse the same way as the first one, but now I only occasionally bring in some 'strange blood' by buying a horse on the market. Only occasionally (once every 2 pedigree pyramid levels).

It takes a loooooot of patience but it works for me.  :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    i managed to finally breed my own Q4 horse now too *happy dance* but that was purely luck, and both parental horses were above lvl80. 

The highest chance to get a Q2 horse from my experience is whenever you breed one with breeding effects all ticked for strength, and the other one all ticked for speed (+ at least one of them is Q1).

I quite enjoy the whole lengthy breeding process, and since the introduction of the stables i have finally got a lvl95 horse with Q4.

The only somewhat frustrating thing is, now that I have reached this level, no matter if im in silver, gold or platinum, almost all races I get a combination of these guys:
    (and since im refusing to spend gold on fuel, I had to say goodbye to diamond a fairly long time ago)

imageimage
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Slow down Michiru. Let them get away up to platinum and beyond. You'll get other competitors then and still end up where your horse's level dictates.  lol
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Slow down Michiru. Let them get away up to platinum and beyond. You'll get other competitors then and still end up where your horse's level dictates.  lol
    Sounds like some interesting tactics.. I shall try that :blush: 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file