Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: Maintenance During Coop Challenge

Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
Good old GGS never fails to disappoint its paying members! REALLY??Attachment not found.
GGS.jpg 56.9K
Post edited by Fawners (US1) on

Comments

• Mary Kay (US1)Mary Kay (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    edited 31.03.2015
    gave me a chance to go to the bathroom lol
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 31.03.2015
    Enjoy your bathroom break - it will be a long one!
  • ljevtich (US1)ljevtich (US1) Posts: 8
    edited 31.03.2015
    What the heck? I leave for a second working on a mission and now this?
    I had a devil of a time just getting on this morning and now this!
  • edited 31.03.2015
    This is not fare. GGS starts a world team mission,then goes maintenance. How long for this time .Right in the middle of big mission; wasn't winning the mission but I fell sorry for the payer that was. Out Of Line GGS, Poor timing. :((
  • Ellen2132 (NL1)Ellen2132 (NL1) Posts: 96
    edited 31.03.2015
    I was in the middle of a mission too. Such a shame.
    Well, maybe the egghunt can start after this break....
  • marcie12 (US1)marcie12 (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    edited 31.03.2015
    Right in the middle of an egg mission, with tractor on full, what a waste of resources.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 31.03.2015
    and really NO EXCUSE FOR IT!!!

You already tell us the server is going to come down,

MAKE IT 30MINS WARNING

It cannot be hard, can it?
  • cheshi (US1)cheshi (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 31.03.2015
    GGS really needs to do something better with maintenance. Most of the bugs don't get fixed even with all the maintenance. Then, you don't bother to shut down missions prior to maintenance. Even more frustrating is to shut down for maintenance during missions WHILE the co-op challenge is active. WITHOUT warning.

Each time I've gotten an egg mission today, the server shuts down for maintenance. I started first thing in the challenge and have yet to play my ducks. Can't harvest all my ducks because I can't play when the server is shut down, now can I? Several hours later, and still haven't harvested my ducks. And still putting up with maintenance that doesn't actually fix anything.

This is one of the things that really drive me batty about GGS. No consideration. This game is riddled with bugs, and you inconvenience the players without warning. Okay, a 15 second warning is not sufficient. It would be different if the bugs were actually fixed. Rush in to take care of problems is what I'd like to see, but it is usually more bugs on top of the old ones.

Fix the bugs, and do maintenance, but also give us some warning and deactivate missions with sufficient amount of time to be forewarned of upcoming maintenance BEFORE a mission is started. Not a couple minutes after it starts.

And what was the point of doing maintenance at the very time the CHALLENGE was supposed to START this morning, How clueless!
  • bb bug (US1)bb bug (US1) Posts: 13
    edited 31.03.2015
    why would big farm programmers decide to work on game same day of co op challenge makes no sense there was a count down meter did someone forget and not look at it/do we get the time back/are some farms still playing what is going on X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(
  • GennieS (US1)GennieS (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 31.03.2015
    And that is a super long downtime :(
  • jawoodjawood Posts: 4
    edited 31.03.2015
    Poor planning!!! Couldn't this have been done yesterday? Booting everyone off for maintenance just hours after the Challenge started is absolutely infuriating! I was in the middle of a mission, with my powerhouse activated.. and BAM... I'm bumped off for maintenance. REALLY??
  • farmerzeffarmerzef Posts: 4
    edited 31.03.2015
    Not once, but twice now!! Bigfarm; what are you doing? working with dabblers, or what?!
  • bb bug (US1)bb bug (US1) Posts: 13
    edited 31.03.2015
    Good thing they had a count down clock maybe they should have looked at it before starting maintenance
  • jawoodjawood Posts: 4
    edited 31.03.2015
    I 2nd that... I was in the middle of a mission, with my powerhouse activated... frustrating!
    edited 31.03.2015
    I started a thread called Maintenance is a pain. I guess I was typing it at the same time as this one was created. I suppose it will get moved here.

I wouldn't mind the maintenance so much if BUGS were actually fixed, but most of the time there are more bugs. However, it's just so rude to do so without warning, especially during the Challenge.

Every time I lose a co-op mate because of all these issues GGS doesn't resolve, or does so without consideration to their players, I'm tempted to follow them. These things are so annoying and completely unnecessary.

And we know there will be no compensation for lost powerhouse or booster time.

GGS just keep piling on the crap, because you will continue to lose more players. I don't know how much more I can take.
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 31.03.2015
    Now this is really the top! I've lost the co-op bonus of 250% by purchasing gold. It's gone!

What is wrong with you guys??? I want my gold back!

IO

• Godless Wench (US1)Godless Wench (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 31.03.2015
    Really GGS? A 33 minute down-time with only a minute or so warning?!?! I sure hope you are going to compensate co-ops that were running booster, and players who wasted humus, spec seeds, and gold on missions that were lost because of you. How about the players, not me, who bought the bonus rp for real money. Will they be compensated for the lost rp? There is no reason GGS can not give adequate warning when going down for maintenance. Like 35 minutes. This way anyone not in a mission will know not to start one, and those in missions will have time to finish. How about considering your customers (players) rather than just your bottom line?

Ciao,
    Jan
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 31.03.2015
    Very, extremely disappointed to say the least. Wish that things could be a bit more organized.. all this up and down leads to TONS of confusion.. not to mention frustration! :thumbdown:
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 31.03.2015
    Just wait until we get a reply from GSS, we will all be falling off our chairs with laughter, "it had to be done straight away because we noticed we were losing money " " if we had given a warning it would give some players an unfair advantage" " it was for the benefit of the players".
    From what I have read it does not seem that they fixed it properly, still people without their bonus stuff! I wonder how many players WILL NOT get the bonus stuff. If they bought a 2nd time and got the bonus, the 1st one will be ignored.forgotten, swept under the carpet.
  • AlwaysLovely (US1)AlwaysLovely (US1) Posts: 47
    edited 01.04.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    Just wait until we get a reply from GSS, we will all be falling off our chairs with laughter, "it had to be done straight away because we noticed we were losing money " " if we had given a warning it would give some players an unfair advantage" " it was for the benefit of the players".
    From what I have read it does not seem that they fixed it properly, still people without their bonus stuff! I wonder how many players WILL NOT get the bonus stuff. If they bought a 2nd time and got the bonus, the 1st one will be ignored.forgotten, swept under the carpet.

None of this had happened to me but the maintenance was not timed right. Like other said, when we are doing a CO-OP challenge, seriously? I play a mobile farming game and they give a 30 minute warning and we dont even do team projects or anything. Although we do "trade" between each other. It is a little ridiculous GGS!

I have not been on this forum for very long but they probably will do just as you said. And not do anything about it, but you do have to think there are LOTS of people who got affected by this. Some people that arent on the forum.
    edited 01.04.2015
    And again! Really!

Must have been some gold leakage somewhere. Gotta scramble to make sure you get your gold. Never mind scrambling to be competent in fixing all the bugs. And never mind being respectful of your users. And never mind allowing people to play in the challenge you created.

I'm done. No more challenge for me.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 02.04.2015
    .......and here we go again.....downtime for GGS maintenance already at 40 minutes. During the coop challenge - brilliant GGS! Love your organization! :S LMAO
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 02.04.2015
    And what about the millions of dollars co-ops have spent on boosters? Some co-ops may even be buying the gold boosters. All that money is wasted during these lengthy and repeated shut-downs. Will there be compensation for the money and gold wasted?
  • dSign (SKN1)dSign (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 9
    edited 02.04.2015
    I will show my gratitude to GSS by keeping a good break from buying gold, enjoy :)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 02.04.2015
    Fawners wrote: »
    .......and here we go again.....downtime for GGS maintenance already at 40 minutes. During the coop challenge - brilliant GGS! Love your organization! :S LMAO

I agree, thanks GGS for fixing all the bugs before Easter break & for the compensation :thumbsup:
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 02.04.2015
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    And what about the millions of dollars co-ops have spent on boosters? Some co-ops may even be buying the gold boosters. All that money is wasted during these lengthy and repeated shut-downs. Will there be compensation for the money and gold wasted?

Good question! I just got back online & the co-op boosters that were activated are no longer active but the money is still gone. The time could've ran out on one of them while the servers were down but the other was for 3:20:00 so it should still be running.
    edited 18.04.2015
    Just catching up on this thread and notice that there seems to be a lack of comment or explanation from GGS, we know now that the forum was down for ..... but this thread could have been addressed before the forum went off line. So why the maintenance when the co-op challenge had started. Logic tells you to fix things before starting something else.
  • Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    edited 19.04.2015
    Here's the message I want sent to GGS:
    When GGS sells gaming enhancements to the GGS players, the GGS players become customers. As such, GGS transitions from a free-to-play online game to an entity that is responsible for both delivering the product sold and resolving product failures in a manner equitable to the purchase of the product.

There seems to be confusion at GGS between offerings of customer/player appreciation and actual customer service for resolving product issues purchased with legal tender currency. Customer appreciation reflects gratitude to the customer. Customer service reflects integrity of the company. I doubt that GGS will be able to hide behind their claims of gaming “bugs” much longer because the evidence is mounting toward a full-fledged integrity issue.

GGS customers do not need a Happiness Manager; we need a dedicated team of informed and ethical individuals who understand the value of loyal customers and the difference between Big Farm game currency and worldwide legal tender.

Finally, I am interested in how GGS maintains the records of “gold values” earned while playing the game, and “gold values” purchased with legal tender currency. This is not a rhetorical question; I would actually like a bona fide answer.

I sincerely enjoy this game and would like to continue playing, but I am at a playing level where purchasing “gold value” seems appropriate, but each time I am ready to make a purchase, something tells me a “gold value” purchase is foolish on my part because it will likely lead to disappointment.

Whether I stay or leave Big Farm will be my own personal decision, but I am stating my sentiments publicly, because I think the GGS customers deserve answers to how GGS justifies the loss of legal tender purchases as a result of their product failure or gaming “bugs.”
    edited 19.04.2015
    hi ya Molly, google GGS and read the comments on one site by their very own employee's.

The way i see that GGS get around these things is that you are not "losing" real life money via your debit card etc, you are losing in game currency, (ok it could be bought using real money) which is controlled by GGS and has no monetary value outside the Big Farm game. Which is why almost all games have their own type of in game currency because its use is only governed by the game site itself.

read fast before message is deleted, as the link would be if i inserted it.
  • Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    edited 19.04.2015
    Thank you for your input bikeboy. Yes, I am aware that the employees read the forum posts.

So I'm thinking the purchase of game currency is similar to buying a ticket for an amusement park ride--no promises of any sort with respect to reimbursement if the ride fails. Wonder if the daily Big Farm dollars for playing a mission are the equivalent of free cereal and fruit. . .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file