Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Just opened Aloha event and found credit for 1,056 cabbages

Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
I'm confused. I just opened up the latest Aloha (Hawaii) event, and it seems I have been credited for collecting 1,056 cabbages, but this is the first time I have opened the event task.

Are credits for collections or production starts given toward an event task even if you are unaware of the event?
Post edited by Grandma Molly (US1) on

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.03.2015
    So thats where them cabbages went! :whistling: hehe

Seriously though, lucky you!.... If the event was already in your task bar, then it was running. I have never had one start counting before it was activated.
  • 1sttimer1sttimer Posts: 34
    edited 19.03.2015
    It happened to me too. I even got the reward for finishing the 1st task & had no idea an event had started. Pretty nice of GGS, I tho't
  • Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    edited 19.03.2015
    Wow! 1sttimer, you received the task reward. Hibiscus seeds and 25K is indeed "pretty nice of GGS!"

Is this a bug or an upgrade surprise?
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 19.03.2015
    Incredible! I can't count the times I didn't notice an event had started (what with all the useless carts there) and lost a day of harvesting. Still had to do the long start for this one as well now. Waiting eagerly for official explanation!
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 19.03.2015
    As I know it was the difference between players who have choice of event's level and who don't.
    Event, counting harvest or getting collectables started automatically before, so it's not new.
    edited 19.03.2015
    Ah, that makes perfect sense, Volty, even though my memory insists she always had to activate.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.03.2015
    Hard to remember what happened before having to select a level, but I`m pretty sure you still had to activate it, because when you first click the event tent, you then get that convo between 2 characters before you get the 1st task in your task bar, don`t you? :S
    *rattles brain to try and get more info from it*
    brain_thinking_lg_clr.gif%7Ec200
    edited 19.03.2015
    Hard to remember what happened before having to select a level, but I`m pretty sure you still had to activate it, because when you first click the event tent, you then get that convo between 2 characters before you get the 1st task in your task bar, don`t you? :S
    *rattles brain to try and get more info from it*
    brain_thinking_lg_clr.gif%7Ec200

That's what mine remembers. Where are the mods in the know these days? :(
  • mbeliever (US1)mbeliever (US1) Posts: 686
    edited 19.03.2015
    It is true that production counts towards the event before you activate it, if and only if, you don't need to chose your level. I remember because I needed to start 2 cherry orchards once and started one before I opened the event. I was so relieved that it counted.
  • Tony1666Tony1666 Posts: 61
    edited 19.03.2015
    Happened to me too - don't knock it! You win some, you lose some. You won this one and so did I :D
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 19.03.2015
    mbeliever wrote: »
    It is true that production counts towards the event before you activate it, if and only if, you don't need to chose your level. I remember because I needed to start 2 cherry orchards once and started one before I opened the event. I was so relieved that it counted.
    Now that is a very good reply, Obviously higher level players, by instinct activate first, ( Hold on while I get some ear muffs, all i can hear is rattling noises, ) so a higher level player cannot test the theory. But it does sound possible that because you do not have a choice, it starts without activation.
    and I wish they would stop giving me double XP after the wheel, ive not played that for past two month, opps I bet that'll be fixed by Friday.

Scissors ! empty your private messages
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.03.2015
    I can confirm that it's exactly as you suspected.

If the difficulty is preselected (difficulty 3 of respective event not finished yet), you can actually start working on the first task before you clicked on the event car. It will just count your progress in the background.

On the other hand, if you can choose the difficulty yourself, you will need to set a difficulty first in order to determine the objective and then you can start working on it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file