Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Breeding & Training - Help, instructions & Tips

BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
edited 18.09.2019 in Tutorials and FAQs
Before you start breeding horse, it can be a very good idea first to read the official horse breeding instructructions from GGS.

1. The first very important thing you may note before you begin to breeding horses: When you breed 2 horses THEY ARE REPLACED BY THE NEW OFFSPRING and will no longer be in your stable. 

So if, for some non-strategic reason, you want to keep your first horse, do not use that horse for breeding.

But there is no good strategic reasons for keeping the first horse, because that horse can never be so good as later generation horse can be.

2. For best training as cheap as possible: Throw the slider so high it can come without going into the intensive area.
If you do not want to train that horse again in that discipline, stop the slider when the bar (top right) for that discipline, reaches "0 more" points needed to next level. - it's waste of horseshoes to train a horse so high that it only need e.g. 10 point more for next level, if you not want to train the horse to higher levels.

3. When breeding 2 horses, only breed horse which are close to each other in levels. e.g. breed 2 level 12 horses or 2 level 25 horses.
- If you e.g. breed a level 20 horse with a level 10 horse you get a horse not so good as the best of the parents.

4. As the first breeding you do, it's best to breed 2 horses with a level at minimum as 10.
- The higher level the parents have, the better will the new horse be.

5. it's a good idea to have a horse stable at minimum level 3, so you have room enough for 3 horses. Then you have room for your best horse waiting for another good horse to be breed with. The other 2 rooms you now can use to train 2 new horse up so they can be breeded to a better horse you can train up to the waiting horse level.
Try to go for a Family Tree like this:

6. If you want to increase the speed of your horse traning and breeding program:
When it's possible, give the ship higher loads of greenhouse fruits than the minimum
- For this, it's a good idea to use greenhouse humus, especiality on the most expensive fruits.
Use the special press in your garage to make greenhouse humus.

That's what I just now have in my memory, maybe more will come later...
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 05.01.2015
    Wow, Brian - impressive action!!! :thumbsup:

Believe you're making a lot of players happy now! THX! ^^
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 05.01.2015
    Very useful, thanks :)

I have an idea what to do now, still need to know why though !
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 05.01.2015
    Samty wrote: »
    still need to know why though !

Well, there can be several reasons for that. :)
    If I remember correct, they have promissied we some day will get the option to compete against other players horses, and that's one of the reason for that I train and breed my horse for have as good horse as possible when it be possible to compete against other players. :)
    - a second reason for me is also the challenge in that tryong to find out how this horse breeding works, and what's the optimal way to do it.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 05.01.2015
    A 3rd reason is the sidebars are quite nice, including Seaweed and even a Gold Mining License.

I also, personally believe that if you take two separate statements: 1) You will be able to compete against other players, and 2) there will be new Co-op challenges coming in the future... they add up to Horses being a new kind of mission that will be used in future Co-op challenges.

-Y
    edited 06.01.2015
    Where to I find the Breeding Quality of the horse ?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 06.01.2015

LOL I was just wondering the same thing 8|
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 06.01.2015

The number under the heart shows the breedingquality
    edited 06.01.2015
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    The number under the heart shows the breedingquality

Thats the breeding level.... A task just appeared for Breeding Quality with a cool icon I never saw before.:huh:
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    edited 06.01.2015
    I also would like to know the answer to this as task has appeared for me too.
    edited 06.01.2015
    Thats the breeding level.... A task just appeared for Breeding Quality with a cool icon I never saw before.:huh:

No, thats the breeding value.

My mistake, value=level, quality is an icon in the top left corner of the horse display.

If you breed two horses with value 10 or higher, there is a chance your foul raises in quality level.
    edited 06.01.2015
    No, thats the breeding value.

Yeah but whats this?? .....

BreedingQuality_zps7d70eb1a.png
    edited 06.01.2015
    ''Breeding quality level can only be increased through breeding.''

Every time you breed there is a chance your foul's quality level will increase, if there is a chance this will happen is shown in the 'breeding screen'.
    edited 06.01.2015
    Yes Scissors, that's the task I can't figure out

I can see the Breeding Values, I have a 24 and a 25. Now I have that task that wants me to have a horse with Breeding Quality of 1
    ''Breeding quality level can only be increased through breeding.''

Every time you breed there is a chance your foul's quality level will increase, if there is a chance this will happen is shown in the 'breeding screen'.
    I can't see anything like that in the Breeding Screen. Can you screen shot it - with a ring round it perhaps?
    edited 06.01.2015
    In the breeding screen there is a box with a question mark and a '' + 1 breeding effect''

If there is a chance to increase breeding quality, its there, strait above.
    Cant show any screenshot, I don't have any horses to breed who shows that chance.

Add:
    Attachment not found.

this is a pic with the icon in the top left in the potential new foals box.

Hope this will help.
    edited 06.01.2015
    Ahh found it... Stable >> Horse >> Breeding Tab

BreedingQuality002_zpsb54882b8.png
    edited 06.01.2015
    Got it !!

Thanks
    edited 06.01.2015
    This is a horse which just have got the breeding quaility of 1, after it have ended the last training up to level 30 in all disciplins. If I remember correct, it's a 3'rd generation horse.
    Also if I remember correct that horse did not get the breeding quaility of 1 as a newborn horse, first after I have trained it up to level 30 in all disciplins, it get the breeding quaility of 1.
    I have forgot to take notes on that horse, it could have been a nice thing if the game could show the family tree longer back than only the parents.
    Attachment not found.
    So both breeding and traing is necesarry to get higher breeding quaility.
    edited 06.01.2015
    Cool...Thanks Brian, I was wondering where the icon would show up & the best way to try and get there. I saw on another thread that it was random, so with my luck I was expecting to be stuck on this task forever... You have given me hope hehe :thumbsup:
  • Yon Beast (US1)Yon Beast (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 06.01.2015
    training.

I've been wondering how you guys are making out training more than one horse at a time?

I've got 1 common horse third gen... nearing level 50.
    Now I must start over and do the same thing.
    My point is....horseshoes.
    I had three times as many when we started. Yes... the first horse sucked most of them....but since then I've noticed that trying to train more than one horse is spending shoes faster than the boat can give.

I do train at the maximum when its worth it and tone her down to 3000 when training normally in between.

One horse is sustainable.
    edited 06.01.2015
    Just before the viking farm start up, I have a nice storage of horseshoes, so for a few days after the viking farm was started I still could train my horses with 4000 horseshoes per training per horse, and also train 2 horse at the same time for that price.
    That's over, but at least I now again can train 1 horse every 4 hours, as long I don't use full intensive training.

When the boat again will take tropical fruits (I hope that happen some day), I have more than 15.000 of each type tropical fruit. - Try to guess how I to that time want to train my horses. ;)
    edited 06.01.2015
    Well sure, you can train 3 horses, just don't max out on intensity.

First note. If you have the horseshoes, 2960 will get you to 14 in one training with a lvl 5 facility. Training more than that, if you are are planning on breeding two 14's together is a complete waste. That said, you only really need to train a newborn to 10s to breed two together. That only costs 620 horshoes with a level 5 facility. so to retrain two horses, and breed them into a 2nd generation horse only costs 3720 horseshoes (in one training each ability). It actually costs fewer if you use more trainings, because you get to use the +5 for the facility multiple times. Yes, higher level horses are a little more expensive.

Second Note: 2000 horseshoes is the max you can train efficiently. Anytime you use more than that, you are being inefficient with horseshoes, and can expect your total to go down.

So lets look at the math. Training take 4 hours. So you wake up at 8 and train, then don't miss any training, you train at 12, 4, and 8, then go to bed. (Yes some people will use gold to rush, or opt for less sleep), but I think 4 is a 'reasonable' number of trainings to expect. So that's 12 trainings a day. Which would require 24,000 horseshoes, or 8,000 horseshoes per shipment. You'll note that the top Fruit offers each deliver 4,000+ so... there you go.

Now if you want to argue how difficult it is to always send max on the ship, that's another issue. But as far as what GGS in intending... you Can do it.

Last note: I want to iterate my first point. If you are a player without access to endless, or semi-endless horseshoes, my advice is this: Record how many horseshoes you get per day for a week. Also record how many times you train in a week (always train when you can, even if its the minimum 20 Horseshoes). Do some simple math, and you can figure out roughly how many horseshoes you can use per training. (Keep in mind the # of times you train weekly will change each of the first times you upgrade your stable. Doubling when you add your 2nd horse, and then adding half that again when you go to 3).

Try not to obsess over what other people can do... that road leads to 1) Frustration, or 2) Gold buying. lol Play within your own farm limits. Grow, and increase those limits as you can.

-Y

Edit: Sorry, I used Training Stars originally, NOT horseshoes, for some reason on the training to lvl 10.... DOH

Another tip. Do not take forum posts at face value! lol. Always independently verify!
  • Yon Beast (US1)Yon Beast (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 06.01.2015
    Thank you, Yakoska.

That explains a lot.

As a fellow gold abuser, I have no issues with full loads on boat.

I can disagree about the 8000 shoes per load, though. That would be a maximum with the premium fruits....which isn't always the case. None the less...your point is valid.

BIG Thanks for showing me this level ten trick.
    I'm not sure it was a mistake yet....but I trained first two horses to 20 before breeding. Your method sounds much better to me at this point....at least to get another horse to match.
    Yakoska wrote: »
    Try not to obsess over what other people can do... that road leads to 1) Frustration, or 2) Gold buying. lol Play within your own farm limits. Grow, and increase those limits as you can.

-Y

......Amen!

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 06.01.2015
    Well, I spend gold frivolously, but I buy it frugally. I like to put myself somewhere between causal gold user (which I am 80% of the time) and gold abuser (Which I am when there's something I want, like the Tropical Cowshed, iCoop, co-op challenge trophy etc.) But you're welcome. :)

-Y
  • Gambit8Gambit8 Posts: 42
    edited 07.01.2015
    Can someone confirm that there is a definite chance to increase Breeding Quality Level when two lvl 10 Breeding Value horses are paired? What is the % chance of this? Is there a higher chance if the parents are trained higher than lvl 10?

And does that Breeding Quality show up immediately in the new horse? BriannospamGame2 wrote: "that horse did not get the breeding quaility of 1 as a newborn horse, first after I have trained it up to level 30 in all disciplins, it get the breeding quaility of 1." but nobody else has confirmed or denied this.
    edited 07.01.2015
    Yes if (or when) possible, let us se some sure fact's about Gambit8's questions about breeding quality levels, because what I have wrote was only based on what I have remember happend several days back, and I can remember wrong.
    - I'm very sad I don't have taken a screendump of that horse when it was newborn. :(
  • CoolMimiadelinaCoolMimiadelina Posts: 1
    edited 07.01.2015
    i don't know why my level is low
    edited 07.01.2015
    Which level are you talking about CoolMimiadelina?
    You player level, your reputation level, or some other type of level?
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 10.01.2015
    How on earth do you get an uncommon horse - breed quality 2? I've got a lvl49 and lvl 40 - both common old nags, breed quality 1. If I look at breeding screen there is zero chance of getting a new breeding quality. Is there some sort of threshold you have to pass - like one horse must be lvl 50?
    edited 10.01.2015
    It seems like if you breed a high level horse with a low level horse you will get a chance. I've only tried it once (and failed). Another person in my Co-op already got the Gold License for completing the Sidebar task.

On the bright side... I have room for 6 horses. Only one stable level to go.

-Y
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 10.01.2015
    Before you start breeding horse, it can be a very good idead first to read the official horse breeding instructructions from GGS.

1. The first very important thing you may note before you begin to breeding horses: When you breed 2 horses, you loose both the parent horses!

So if you for some non-strategic reasons want to keep your first horse, do not use that horse to breeding.

But there is none good strategic reasons for keeping the first horse, because that horse can never be so good as later generation horse can be.

2. For best training as cheap as possible: Throw the slider so high it can come without going into the intensive area.
    If you not want to train that horse again in that diciplin, turn the slider backward until the training only gives enough to the highest possible level. - it's waste of horseshoes to train a horse so high that it only need e.g. 10 point more for next level, if you not want to train the horse to higher levels.

3. When breeding 2 horses, only breed horse which are close to each other in levels. e.g. breed 2 level 12 horses or 2 level 25 horses.
    - If you e.g. breed a level 20 horse with a level 10 horse you get a horse not so good as the best of the parents.

4. As the first breeding you do, it's best to breed 2 horses with a level at minimum as 10.
    - The higher level the parents have, the better will the new horse be.

5. it's a good idea to have a horse stable at minimum level 3, so you have room enough for 3 horses. Then you have room for your best horse waiting for another good horse to be breed with. The other 2 rooms you now can use to train 2 new horse up so they can be breeded to a better horse you can train up to the waiting horse level.
    Try to go for a Family Tree like this:
    Attachment not found.

6. If you want to increase the speed of your horse traning and breeding program:
    When it's possible, give the ship higher loads of greenhouse fruits than the minimum
    - For this, it's a good idea to use greenhouse humus, especiality on the most expensive fruits.
    Use the special press in your garage to make greenhouse humus.

That's what I just now have in my memory, maybe more will come later...

Just a quick note on the breeding of the horses. I believe that if you have your stable at level 3 or higher before breeding you may be able to keep your first 2 horses.
    Myself I have lost my first 3 horses trying to figure this out.
    As a member of a co op some of our members are just getting to the horses, so I have advised them to be sure and upgrade their stable to level 3 or better before breeding.
    We as a group are waiting until one of our members can confirm about having the stable at level 3 or better before breeding to see if they can keep the first 2 horses.
    As well try to get the first 2 horses up to level 20 or better before breeding to get better foals.
    Also it will take less horseshoes to get the new horse up levels. The foal that is.
Sign In to comment.