Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: GGS has conflicts among it's objectives

clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
Hy everybody,
This wants to be a realistical analysis of two major objectives of GGS that are really in contradiction.
1. GGS wants logically that as many players as possible to take part in the temporary events because if you go to an island, than is a very big probability also to spend some gold.
But in order to go on the island and spend some gold, you first need to have dollars.
That's why there are now over SIX month since we don't have anymoore the Charity Event.
You know, there are still some players that participate to every island, win all the decos and still have hundred of millions to spend but don't have on what to spend!
I have some members in my the coop that want the rare telescope....
2. On the other hand, OTHER players don't have money to participate on island but GGS do not create the apropiate frame work in order to help players to win more money.
One of the most interesting advise you get when you query the info is that the orchards are at the end of the chain and they will bring the biggest amount of dollars.
So, why we don't have like in the past missions with apples for example?
They will encourage players to have more orchards and thus more money.
The actual mission system generated in many players the strategy with 20-30 cow stables and 20 duck coops and only 3-4 apple orchards and 2 almond orchards and of course in many farms no decos resulting in lower income.
So dear members from GGS team, establish your priorities... You want players with 30 cows and no money... Keep it like this...
But... If You want more dollars for players in order to participate on the islands and spend some golds then change the actual mission system, put again the apples,produce humus, fertiliser and so on..... All in the 30 minutes format BUT with the posibility to choose in what mission you want to participate and you'll have players with more money and more determinated to take part in the missions!!!
At the end I tell you yhat in the actual mission system, even when we have the coop event, no more than 30 percent of the players participate!!! While on the island... No more than 33 percent participation!!!
Happy holidays to all!
Post edited by clinn (RO1) on

Comments

• pasohduah (INT1)pasohduah (INT1) Posts: 66
    edited 21.12.2014
    GGS focus is only on tricking players to buy Gold with real money. That is why the games objective is deteriorating.
    Players have to be smart enough not to spend real money or much on this game,while enjoying the game at the same time.
    I think BigFarm dont deserve to get my real $ up to now.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 21.12.2014
    pasohduah wrote: »
    GGS focus is only on tricking players to buy Gold with real money. That is why the games objective is deteriorating.
    Players have to be smart enough not to spend real money or much on this game,while enjoying the game at the same time.
    I think BigFarm dont deserve to get my real $ up to now.

Ridiculous statement! .... How can they "trick" you?.... You have to go through several pages to buy gold, its a choice, they may tempt you but they don`t trick you!
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 21.12.2014
    Also, there are already so many ways to make farm cash (granted it takes time), that they have had to invent new ways for players to spend it. There don't need to be any new ways to make cash.

-Y
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 21.12.2014
    Ridiculous statement! .... How can they "trick" you?.... You have to go through several pages to buy gold, its a choice, they may tempt you but they don`t trick you!
    GGS wont make a gold lock feature..eventhough many players asked for it..i "wonder" why..
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 21.12.2014

Hear! Hear! :thumbup:
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 21.12.2014

The psychology of video game addiction
    What turns a hobby into a sickness?

Just google, interesting article for the unaware.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 21.12.2014
    [Inappropriate comment removed] Especially if you let a game make you angry or think it can "trick" you into spending money....PATHETIC
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 21.12.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    [Inappropriate comment removed] Especially if you let a game make you angry or think it can "trick" you into spending money....PATHETIC

In the same article is explained how to recognize the signs and yes, denail is in first place.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 21.12.2014
    GGS objective like any business is to make money. There is no need to make apple missions to encourage players to put in more orchards, most experienced players can figure out how to make money on their own.

As for "tricking" people to buy gold......the only tricks are the hot deals that come up from time to time claiming to be value for money but again its up to the player to differentiate between a good deal and a con.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 22.12.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    [Inappropriate comment removed]. Especially if you let a game make you angry or think it can "trick" you into spending money....PATHETIC

zzZzzZZzzzzzzZz..calling people pathetic..saying some posts as laughable..
    boring...
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 22.12.2014
    MrSaece wrote: »
    zzZzzZZzzzzzzZz..calling people pathetic..saying some posts as laughable..
    boring...

I agree! She/he/it can't seem to come up with anything else. This person calling others pathetic seems to have a very pathetic life themselves because all they can do is post negativity towards others & no positivity! Why are the CMs allowing this nonsense from this person? It wasn't allowed before!

Anyway, back to the topic....I was wondering about the charity event. I have only used it a couple of times myself when I thought I should/could for the benefit of my farm but there are many players who like to participate in that event. Why take that away because of the Islands? The telescope decos are in the tower & there may be some people who wish to earn those decos to try & complete the tower. The charity event needs to come around again for those who choose to use it.

As for the missions.....I wasn't a big fan of missions before & I'm certainly not now. I would prefer the old missions where we can chose which mission to sign up for & have the buy/sell option. The only time I play missions now is when the competition event happens but that's still not as enjoyable (to me) as when we had to do missions for the chicken/egg project.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 22.12.2014
    Closing this thread as it doesn`t appear to be going anywhere productive.
This discussion has been closed.