Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Viking / Northern Lights / Festive Farms!

Comments

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 24.07.2015
    Larino wrote: »
    Is that regular Viking farm ever coming back? Or has it been shelved or even replaced by Northern Lights?
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    PS: I have a faint memory of CM commenting on that before, but am not going to search for it....... :)

*waves arms around* memory, return! *does magic*

Yes, the Northern Lights Farm and the Viking Farm are separate events and both may show up or return at one point or another.

Their currencies are the same, but nevertheless you should still get some chances to obtain those decorations, Yakoska.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 24.07.2015
    Okay, cool. Glad to be wrong. :)

-Y
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 24.07.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    *waves arms around* memory, return! *does magic*

Yes, the Northern Lights Farm and the Viking Farm are separate events and both may show up or return at one point or another.

Their currencies are the same, but nevertheless you should still get some chances to obtain those decorations, Yakoska.

Yay! Nafaru is my saviour :P The empty tower floor is not doomed to stay empty :D
  • rkjs (INT1)rkjs (INT1) Posts: 29
    edited 29.07.2015
    thank you , great information:huh::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 30.07.2015
    Hi Everyone,

Some posts have been moved to The Kubby because they were taking this thread too far off-topic.
  • Cooop (US1)Cooop (US1) Posts: 19
    edited 30.07.2015
    Where are the side tasks for Chapter #3..
    Thank you
    edited 30.07.2015
    Cooop3 wrote: »
    Where are the side tasks for Chapter #3..
    Thank you

A full complete sheet can also be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tL8tIH6-ShBib4uGhX01aTJfeo0ecbkVhvI5GGheUuo/

P.S. Thank you, Wabbit!
  • kimok (US1)kimok (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 12.08.2015
    does the viking village and all the work of the buildings you build and stuff you made all leave when the time is done and when it comes back does the building you build and stuff come back too ? or do you have to build the buildings and stuff all over again?
    Post edited by kimok (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 05.08.2015
    my understanding is that you start all over again!
    kimok wrote: »
    does the viking village and all the work of the buildings you build and stuff you made all leave when the time is done and when it comes back does the building you build and stuff come back too ? or do you have to build the buildings and stuff all over again?
  • kimok (US1)kimok (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 06.08.2015
    wow that sucks i will not play that again then thank you for info
  • ellen3131 (NL1)ellen3131 (NL1) Posts: 33
    edited 07.08.2015
    This is my first time playing on the Viking/Northern light farm and I'm a bit confused.

One of the tasks is to build the penguin baths, which I did. However, after that I get the task of producing 3 items I don't have the buildings for, and I don't need the penguin baths yet.
    As I don't use gold, I can't build these things, because I don't have room yet. So I can't really continue. I will need at least 4 more pieces of land and 3 or 4 more houses, so it will take a while without gold. In the meantime, the penguin baths sit there doing nothing as I want to save the penguin feed for when i DO get a task for it.
    Why would they make the order of the tasks like this??
    edited 08.08.2015
    ellen3131 wrote: »
    This is my first time playing on the Viking/Northern light farm and I'm a bit confused.

One of the tasks is to build the penguin baths, which I did. However, after that I get the task of producing 3 items I don't have the buildings for, and I don't need the penguin baths yet.
    As I don't use gold, I can't build these things, because I don't have room yet. So I can't really continue. I will need at least 4 more pieces of land and 3 or 4 more houses, so it will take a while without gold. In the meantime, the penguin baths sit there doing nothing as I want to save the penguin feed for when i DO get a task for it.
    Why would they make the order of the tasks like this??

I would not know, but fact is that the sidetasks (to build/upgrade certain buildings) are far less important than the chapter tasks and therefore we made the task spreadsheet and information in this thread. You can follow the information to know what to build first and the sidetasks will complete automatically. From now on, let the chapter tasks lead you and only do the sidetasks if they are in line with the plan you make for the chapters.
  • DuffyKid (US1)DuffyKid (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 08.08.2015
    If you don't play the temp farms again, now that you've started one, the ship will always be waiting for you to fill those last two spots with island fruit. 6 hour wait every time.

Starting these temp farms before your three main farms are fully upgraded and making at least 4 mil / day is just too soon.
  • ellen3131 (NL1)ellen3131 (NL1) Posts: 33
    edited 08.08.2015
    Thanks I will do that next time. I didn't start playing on this Island untill it was already halfway over. I just play it now to get some seeds for the horse shoes. Next time I will check the sheet before I start playing.
  • PamGamer5 (US1)PamGamer5 (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 09.08.2015
    Wish I had seen your advice before I started the candy farm and now viking.
  • BigJaniBigJani Posts: 1
    edited 11.08.2015
    hi be coopretive with me
  • emactemact Posts: 2
    edited 12.08.2015
    I have a related question. I understood that all the buildings/work on these northern lights farms are temporary and the progress is erased at the end of the event. So, near the end of these events, I've started demolishing all the structures on the temporary farm to recoup the runestone rewards. Added to the stones I get after selling off the last temporary farm raw materials, I can still buy a few greenhouse seeds in the couple of days they're still available for purchase after the temporary farms close down.

But I've noticed that when the temporary farms shut down, a little message pops up that says something along the lines of "sorry, try again next time, your farm's been erased, but you'll still be compensated for the work and production you did there" and a credit of runestones is listed.

Does this mean that I don't have to manually demolish the structures to get runestone compensation at the end of these events? Does the game credit me the runestone value of all the structures still standing when it erases/demolishes the temporary farm at the end of the event? Because I could totally use the extra day or two required to manually demolish this farm to produce a few more runestones...
  • edited 18.08.2015
    Expansions!

• Plot 1 - 10,000 snow dollars or 250 gold
    • Plot 2 - 59,000 snow dollars or 350 gold
    • Plot 3 - 95,000 snow dollars or 900 gold
    • Plot 4 - 175,000 snow dollars or 1050 gold
    • Plot 5 - 280,000 snow dollars or 1250 gold
    • Plot 6 - 430,000 snow dollars or 1,500 gold
    • Plot 7 - 600,000 snow dollars or 1,800 gold
    Plot 8 - 820,000 snow dollars or 2,150 gold
    Plot 9 - 1,100,000 snow dollar or 2,500 gold
    Plot 10 - 1,500,000 snow dollars or 2,850 gold
    Plot 11 - 1,900,000 snow dollars or 3,200 gold
    Plot 12 - 2,500,000 snow dollars or 3,550 gold
    Plot 13 - 3,100,000 snow dollars or 3,900 gold
    Plot 14 - 3,900,000 snow dollars or 4,250 gold
    Plot 15 - 4,800,000 snow dollars or 4,600 gold
    Plot 16 - 5,900,000 snow dollars or 4,950 gold
    Plot 17 - 7,100,000 snow dollars or 5,300 gold
    Plot 18 - 8,500,000 snow dollars or 5,650 gold

Plot # 23 is $10,000,000 or 6,000 gold!
    Sorry I didn't get the others, didn't realize you still needed them. I'll check next time. :)
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 18.08.2015
    Thank you Craftycritters
  • Tnq (INT1)Tnq (INT1) Posts: 9
    edited 21.08.2015
    Hey, friends!

I found out a face of man in the viking farm. ;)

faceofman_zpsv08rioku.jpg
    Post edited by Tnq (INT1) on
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 19.08.2015
    There are more of them, just keep looking ;)
    One time we had a contest here in forum to find all those little people
    edited 19.08.2015
    Dara15 wrote: »
    There are more of them, just keep looking ;)
    One time we had a contest here in forum to find all those little people

Wow, really there are! I found out 7 more. They are so cute.
    I just thought ' is it a bug?' , haha.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.08.2015
    Tnq wrote: »
    Wow, really there are! I found out 7 more. They are so cute.
    I just thought ' is it a bug?' , haha.

Not a bug, they are the GGS artists that drew the island. ^^

pQ6NUam.jpg
    edited 20.08.2015
    Not a bug, they are the GGS artists that drew the island. ^^

It's fun.:)
    Thank you.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.08.2015
    LOL I hope that's apple juice in the glass the first one's holding! And the fifth one is smoking! What's next, will they have one gnawing on a chicken leg? The times, they are a changin' !!!!! LOL
    pQ6NUam.jpg[/
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 21.08.2015
    Hey Tnq, there's little people in candy farm too, you'll see when it comes again. And couple of other little "tricks" in candy farm. Keep your eyes open when it is here again ;)
  • tehahn1 (US1)tehahn1 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    edited 24.08.2015
    Do I loose all my Runestones, when the Runestone Trader leaves? Or does he hold on to them.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 24.08.2015
    You don't loose them! They are in your inventory (4th tab, 2nd page) and you can always check there how much you have.

But better still would be to just exchange them for (preferably 'Special') Nothern seeds at the trader. These you can use in the Greenery; the runestones don't have any other use at all.

The trader will leave in some 37 hours as from now.
  • Denford Mill (GB1)Denford Mill (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8
    edited 24.08.2015
    hy not sure if Im in right place, but what happened to my viking land farm, its not here on my list anymore I was building and spending on it?
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 24.08.2015
    hy not sure if Im in right place, but what happened to my viking land farm, its not here on my list anymore I was building and spending on it?

the timer finished, so the temporary farm is gone.
Sign In to comment.