Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chicken Coop Upgrade

Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
I am at Level 28. I have worked diligently to gather funds. I may have to demolish to make room for additions. The upgrades are becoming expensive. I want to thoughtfully choose my next steps. My goal is to have a sound main farm before I venture further.

I have three chicken coops. Two are Level 2; One is Level 3.

I played with the math. According to my calculations, I can achieve a Level 3 upgrade for $25K with only one egg less across my three coop yield, as compared to a Level 4 upgrade for $45K.

The production times of 6 hrs and one worker are the same for both upgrades.

Is there a flaw in my math, or is there a reason, as the game progresses, that I would regret not upgrading to Level 4?

Thanks for helping.
Post edited by Grandma Molly (US1) on

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 03.11.2014
    The question of strategy, how many of each thing to have & what to upgrade first, is the basis of the game really, so everyone will have their own ideas on that one. Eggs are used in missions, so most people would probably agree you can never have too many eggs. Overtime everything on your farm will upgrade, so you will probably end up with all your coops higher than level 4, it just up to you what works best in your own plan.

When you are building up your farm, my advice would be to keep your happiness level as high in the green as possible, this will keep your production costs down & enable you to easily make enough cash to do whatever upgrades you want. As the upgrades get more expensive, your income will be growing too.

Patience is important, its not a race, happy farming! ^^
  • edited 04.11.2014
    I am at Level 28. I have worked diligently to gather funds. I may have to demolish to make room for additions. The upgrades are becoming expensive. I want to thoughtfully choose my next steps. My goal is to have a sound main farm before I venture further.

I have three chicken coops. Two are Level 2; One is Level 3.

I played with the math. According to my calculations, I can achieve a Level 3 upgrade for $25K with only one egg less across my three coop yield, as compared to a Level 4 upgrade for $45K.

The production times of 6 hrs and one worker are the same for both upgrades.

Is there a flaw in my math, or is there a reason, as the game progresses, that I would regret not upgrading to Level 4?

Thanks for helping.

As you level upin the game upgrades cost a lot more money and take a lot more time.But, also as you progress, you will soon bemaking the money that you need!Keepgoing through the “growing pains” and learn to relax, enjoy and bepatient.There is much more fun, fun,fun to come.
    I’m level 74 now.
    I concentrate on decreasingmy production costs and running at -70 to -80% and lower of course. (Now -84%).
    Use every last littletiny square of space wisely.Here’s aredecorating tool to help: http://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2014/02/19/the-redecorating-tool/You’d be surprised by how much space can begained by using this tool frequently!
    I also worked ondoing the upgrades for things like the silo, composter, mill first.I made a lot of apple turnovers in the Bakeryon the Gourmet farm, $49,000 a batch that takes 26 min. and uses eggs and apples.The added $ really helps with the upgrades.
    I do all the BigEvents to win the decos with lots of happiness.
    I replace olddecos with new ones that have higher happiness and save the old ones in storageto use when I first add a plot of land.
    Go to Larino’scorner at: http://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/faq/
    Search for Mineand Water Tower.Double your game foldin the mine, then build a Level 1 water tower on each farm. WOW!!!! What adifference!!!I have more fertilizer andHumus than I need, especially the fertilizer!!!!!
    Have Fun!! Farming!

P.S. Just a friendly suggestion. Your thread title. "Chicken coop upgrade", really does not tell us what your thread isabout??? What is your question? Next time, please be very clear and tell usexactly what your thread is about, or what your question is in the title. You have lots of room and it will really helpall of us, prevent duplicate threads and get you more answers too. J As others have said, we also need moreinformation to help you. Thank You! HappyFarming!

"
  • Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    edited 04.11.2014
    Thank you Scissors and CraftyCritters for your suggestions and links.

Question to CraftyCritters, could you give me an example for a better thread title? I'm afraid without a suggestion I am likely to simply add the word "question" to the end of my thread title Chicken Coop Upgrade.

Similarly, what additional information is considered essential for a question such as this. Thank you for your patience with my inexperience.

Is there a link that outlines essential information that should be provided when asking questions?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file