Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 23rd - The Horse Ranch - Discussion

Comments

• edited 25.10.2014
    Ok....not to be picky but there is a lot of off topic discussions going on in this thread. There is a specific thread for Island discussions. We should stick to any thing related to the Horse Paddock in this thread....Just saying.
  • awerick2awerick2 Posts: 356
    edited 25.10.2014
    Ok....not to be picky but there is a lot of off topic discussions going on in this thread. There is a specific thread for Island discussions. We should stick to any thing related to the Horse Paddock in this thread....Just saying.

Since all of these updates are related, its better to mash them together.
  • edited 25.10.2014
    But why would anyone looking for information about the horse paddock want or care about anything related to the island...like I posted earlier there is a specific thread for all things related to the Island updates included. Maybe a Community Leader could move all the relevant topics together so they are not lost in some other thread not related to the Island. Still just saying..
  • bigpapa12bigpapa12 Posts: 87
    edited 25.10.2014
    that's what it's all about having fun. Thought it was pretty funny at the time I changed it now need to look into something new, but hate how it changes all previous posts when you change it back
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 25.10.2014
    Runnerkim2 wrote: »
    After all the hype, i'm feeling as if something is rather lame and it's not the horse:-)

ditto. There is nothing going on except a horse standing still. Certainly doesn't live up to all the hype. And until I can see what (if any) benefit there is to doing this, I may as well wait and see.
  • Gizmo Hiles (US1)Gizmo Hiles (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 25.10.2014
    I want to know how you track the gold stars. Does anybody have them? Please send a reply to gizmo hiles
  • pro Farm (generic1)pro Farm (generic1) Posts: 180
    edited 25.10.2014
    :thumbdown: i can't change my server!!! :thumbdown:

for an hour it's buffering :thumbdown:

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 25.10.2014
    I want to know how you track the gold stars. Does anybody have them? Please send a reply to gizmo hiles

I don't, since the game fails to give them to me when I won. But each level of training (the stars in your three categories) need 240 gold stars, right? You could check your level of training before and after doing competitions.

*still waiting for anybody to suggest why I lose when the "details" show I won aka got training stars/upwards arrows*
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 25.10.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    *still waiting for anybody to suggest why I lose when the "details" show I won aka got training stars/upwards arrows*

Well, Latten did mention "there will always be some unexpected surprises in horse sports“. I'm not sure how I feel about that because my results have been completely random so far. I can only hope that wasn't actually intended.

Apparently the higher the competition strength, the higher the chances for a win… but my horse has been winning numerous races completely untrained, and then lost many of them while at a much higher level than horses he was competing with. :huh:
  • copperbeech (GB1)copperbeech (GB1) Posts: 226
    edited 25.10.2014
    Hi did you get a reply to solve this problem? I cannot name my horse and get the same "must enter name" every time.
    I haven't seen any queries about it in the forum apart from yours.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 25.10.2014
    Hi did you get a reply to solve this problem? I cannot name my horse and get the same "must enter name" every time.
    I haven't seen any queries about it in the forum apart from yours.

Try on a different browser, see if that helps.... I assume its not a rename that you are trying to do with not enough gold or something like that..If not, its prolly just a good ole glitch & another browser might work. ^^
    edited 25.10.2014
    Oh, I seem to have overlooked that lovely bit of foggy information.

It's good to hear you also win/lose against the facts of the horse.

At the moment, I think it doesn't matter at all what you do, you only get a certain amount of points from competitions - just NOT enough to upgrade without another 4 hours of training. Makes it all even more rote :( no strategy, just click until you can't click anymore.
  • Yon Beast (US1)Yon Beast (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 25.10.2014
    its unclear to me if intensive training to the max is an advantage. it sure does evaporate the horseshoes quick enough.
    What I can plainly see is ... 200 training points cost 4000 horseshoes in the beginning.
    Now on level 4...200 training points costs 2400 horseshoes. Maxxed out is 280 training points @ 4000 horseshoes.

SOMEWHERE there is a reduction in training points per shoe!
    math is my short suit, but I can see a difference
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 25.10.2014
    Ok, thought I'd just play the horse thing and figure things out but I'm stumped.

Is there a manual somewhere?

1. I have a task to upgrade the show circle. But when I try it says not possible. Looks like I need 20 gold horseshoes. SO WHERE do you find out how many you have? HOW do you get GOLD horseshoes? I have been collecting horse shoes since the last round of island farm. Now they need to be gold??? WHERE? HOW?
    No clue here what to do.

2 Complete agility training. There are three bars for training. I found the tabs on top to pick one, but what do the numbers mean? And unlike the dog, there seems to be no animation to go with the horse what so ever.
    Is that coming?

3 Win race. Immediately brings up a window with "skip" or just click it off. Which is what I do.
    I never see any race, and almost right away I win. And that window has back, or just click the red corner to close. (Why they put a close button on a window you can just close has always puzzled me.)
    But back shows details (and I see now, the gold horseshoe. ok, win stuff.)

So this horse has no action to it at all? Just click click click is all we do here? Is there some prize at the end of it all?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 25.10.2014
    Artmaker,the gold horseshoes are competition horseshoes that you get from winning competitions. They show up in your Inventory and at the top of the Stable page.
    They said that later updates will give us animation. This is only the first installment of the horse ranch, and we are all still kinda confused with what all the numbers, stars and hearts mean. And the Official Announcement says that eventually the cycle will come to closure with materials that will, quote:"help us make the most out of our regular farms".
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 25.10.2014
    Just those golden horseshoes. We should be able to use them to other things than just ranch updates in the future.

And there will be more strategy to it when you have more horses and you can "fuse" them.
    edited 25.10.2014
    all my horse ranch buffed up :thumbup::thumbup:

Attachment not found. Attachment not found.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 25.10.2014
    the 'golden horseshoes can also be seen from our main inventory..4th(equipment) tab..2nd page..
  • Kitty C.2Kitty C.2 Posts: 18
    edited 25.10.2014
    awerick2 wrote: »
    Since all of these updates are related, its better to mash them together.

I agree they're all related as in you need one to get the other. For me, all of the new updates are very relevant since I won't touch the horse icon on the task bar because of them (and the problems they've caused)...I won't touch anything new anymore.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 25.10.2014
    Some of the competition reports have names mixed up. First my horse is challenging Tessa, not her horse and then at later point it says I'm running like a wind. Is my horse riding me? That would explain why we loose so often.
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 26.10.2014
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    Some of the competition reports have names mixed up. First my horse is challenging Tessa, not her horse and then at later point it says I'm running like a wind. Is my horse riding me? That would explain why we loose so often.

:D:D:D
    Thanks for the laugh! I noticed the same thing for some of the competitions... just couldn't quite remember which ones, lol.
  • lelkilroy (US1)lelkilroy (US1) Posts: 77
    edited 26.10.2014
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    Yes, but this does not. I think it just completes the race, but it seems like a pointless step. That is why I am looking for some kind of effect.

THis may be answered already as I am just now reading thru all of these. There are a few text boxes during race. Skip allows you to skip the text boxes and go straight to the end. Texts are about race and horse progress etc.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 26.10.2014
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    .....it says I'm running like a wind. Is my horse riding me? That would explain why we loose so often.

Attachment not found.

LOL LOL LOL you 've nailed it! that must be happening to me too LOL no other explaination....

Another little thing that i find not practical is that after finishing a competition, click 'close' and then i have to open again the ring menu of the transporter to re-open the challenge tab, to finally select the next competition.... Would have been much easier if the 'challenge' would open automaticaly when clicking 'close' ? wouldn't it?
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 26.10.2014
    Artmaker,the gold horseshoes are competition horseshoes that you get from winning competitions. They show up in your Inventory and at the top of the Stable page.
    They said that later updates will give us animation. This is only the first installment of the horse ranch, and we are all still kinda confused with what all the numbers, stars and hearts mean. And the Official Announcement says that eventually the cycle will come to closure with materials that will, quote:"help us make the most out of our regular farms".

Ok, thanks. Never thought to look in inventory. Good to know.

I've been just doing competitions over and over until I lose. Stock up on golden horseshoes. Last thing I do is start training which takes hours.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. lol.
  • LoveTheThunder2LoveTheThunder2 Posts: 20
    edited 26.10.2014
    WE have waited all this time for the Stable and now that it is here, it's clear that watching paint dry would be far more interesting than the Stable. Moreover, the this Stable update made a mess out of chat and the cooperative tree watering. The only unanswered question now is how long will it take before chat and the cooperative are fixed???!!
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    edited 26.10.2014
    Do the NPCs eventually cap out at a certain level?

I'm concerned that if the NPCs keep gaining stats after they lose, and we cap out at level 10, then the NPCs will eventually become impossible to defeat. That would mean that we can't earn any more competition horseshoes after that point, meaning that we would only have a limited number of competition horseshoes to earn. And if that's the case, I wouldn't want to waste my precious competition horseshoes on upgrading the training facilities.
    edited 26.10.2014
    eagle owl wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

that must be happening to me too LOL no other explaination....

Yes!

(Actually, if it looked like that instead of Barbie, I'd not mind carrying it ...)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 26.10.2014
    Visually there is no indication that there is an upgrade in progress, none of the usual scaffolding, not even a timer. There is the usual pic at the bottom of the screen on the bar, but looking at the ranch you wouldn`t know the builders were in at all. :huh:
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 26.10.2014
    Just a some words from me about the horse ranch:

First of all, as others have complained about:
    Why the horseranch use same building slot as our normal farms?
    - We have been informed that our ordinary farms have the same build slot because they have common economy. Ok that's fair enough.

But on the horse farm, it costs the competition horseshoe to upgrade, while on our normal farms upgradings costing dollars (or gold).

The competition horseshoe, we can not buy either dollars or gold, so the horseranch use therefore all its own currency for construction.
    So it is in my opinion quite unfair and pointless that the horseranch must use the same build slot as the normal farms.
    - My construction workers already have plenty to look to upgrading buildings to my normal farms, and I am sure that this is true for most other players.

As others have said, the competitions against George Lester and Tessa quickly boring.
    But ok, it will of course also require quite a lot (and possibly slow down the game) if you should make for example. 100 different simulated competitions against each of the these 3 charachters.
    - So that boring detail can I live with ... at least as long as it's free to use the "skip" button (and no, do not even think about putting any price on the "skip" button "!!!)

Then there are the horses ... or rather the extra horses we will later have the opportunity to get (buy?)
    Will they be visually quite similar to the horse we have now?
    - Or will they look different (other colors and maybe a little different body-building)
    edited 26.10.2014
    did anyone saw the TRUCK?!
Sign In to comment.