Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 8th - Nothing to see here, move along - Discussion

157»

Comments

• sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 16.10.2014
    I don't think it's going to be a stock market type of market based upon supply and demand. The programming and algorythm would be a bit complex for such a thing. I do however, see the "this is what it cost, this is what you can sell it for" fixation. Market, I believe, is being defined posthumously very incorrectly by a lot here. Grocery store would likely be more accurate.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 16.10.2014
    As far as i can understand it, every click we - the players - do is documented, so that tech support can track down our movements and fix a problem. I presume that this data is storaged for a set period of time, eg a week or maybe more. The us server rollback is a an excellent example of it.

So, here comes a question, what's the point of the Brazilian-Portuguese-Italian server experiment, when all the data needed is already there for GGS to use and analyze at any moment ?

A rhetorical question, but nevertheless a greatly disappointing answer.
  • EricaJ (US1)EricaJ (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 16.10.2014
    Yeah, I wouldn't expect - or want - something that was completely supply / demand based, because it would make us all dependent on the choices of other farmers. Unlimited grocery store is pretty much what we already have with the current farm management tool - buy /sell as much as you want at the stated price. Just exactly how this market is going to function... remains to be seen.

I kind of hope it might make other types of farm builds more viable, though. I guess we'll see.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 16.10.2014
    sdfktgk wrote: »
    I don't think it's going to be a stock market type of market based upon supply and demand. The programming and algorythm would be a bit complex for such a thing. I do however, see the "this is what it cost, this is what you can sell it for" fixation. Market, I believe, is being defined posthumously very incorrectly by a lot here. Grocery store would likely be more accurate.

I wonder if it will be similar to the feature on another farming game, this one prominently available in the app stores and having a rhyming name. There you place items for sale in their market and you decide on the price (within limits). You can pay with the premium currency to have your items promoted on the front page of the market paper.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 17.10.2014
    EricaJ wrote: »
    On another note - not addressed to either of you - quite a few people are accusing GGS of not allowing them to play the game as they wish, some quite vociferously. The truth is that GGS has always dictated prices, quantities, workers required, space required, etc. for every single aspect of the game. There have always been built-in advantages and disadvantages to every build / buy decision in the game.

< snip >

If GGS really wanted to provide everyone complete freedom to build their farms as they wish, they would do a lot of things differently...

You have a point. But then again, I can't help but think - and thank you to Nafaru for the more detailed explanation - if GGS really wanted people to play the game as it was intended - growing/harvesting/producing the vast majority, if not *all*, crops & products - then they wouldn't include a "skip this for gold" option in events.

That's hypocritical. Are we really supposed to think that one form of buying, using farm dollars either EARNED through hard work (playing the game the "right" way) OR purchased from the car lady or Omar using gold, is "wrong" while skipping work ENTIRELY by using gold is "right"?

ETA: Oh, and what a Catch-22 for me today... I logged in to my farm to see my first 200% gold offer (and honestly I don't think it's been *that* long since I bought gold last, I think I made one purchase after the first island farm) and got really excited!!!...and then I remembered that I will not be buying any gold until the forced test ends on the Servers That Shall Not Be Named.

Now I am a sad panda. :(
  • Sunnydays2Sunnydays2 Posts: 15
    edited 17.10.2014
    GGS Strategy is build a game PULL out as much money as possible. Close down that game, and bring out the next one. PULL and repeat.. PULL and repeat.. LOL :) Then go on vacation on your dime.. :)
    starsie wrote: »

ETA: Oh, and what a Catch-22 for me today... I logged in to my farm to see my first 200% gold offer (and honestly I don't think it's been *that* long since I bought gold last, I think I made one purchase after the first island farm) and got really excited!!!...and then I remembered that I will not be buying any gold until the forced test ends on the Servers That Shall Not Be Named.

Now I am a sad panda. :(

LOL.... a bit O' Humor ^^
    There is a certain type of little monkey that they capture and sell.. The way they capture them is to put a peanut inside a anchored down bottle with small opening. Just big enough for the monkey's little hand to fit inside. Once the monkey grabs the peanut he won’t let go! and his fist is to large to pull out of the bottle! That’s how they capture them..

GGS Big Farm is Our Peanut.. We are all stubborn Little Monkeys.. Ha ha.... :D

Edit by PINJO: changed some words and edited posts, please keep it civil
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 17.10.2014
    eagle owl wrote: »
    So, here comes a question, what's the point of the Brazilian-Portuguese-Italian server experiment, when all the data needed is already there for GGS to use and analyze at any moment ?

A rhetorical question, but nevertheless a greatly disappointing answer.

They made the change and then they tracked those clicks, not the previously existing ones. Plus a week doesn't nearly tell the tale of long term playability, hence the two months. Hard to say how a system can be found out and capitolized upon unless you get some people playing it and figuring it out.

I still say the best use of this type of system would be on a test sever and not buying public. But, I digress.
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 17.10.2014
    Just to help with the collection data, I created a new account on the Italian server.

The game is definitely much harder, and decisions must be made early on to develop the fields to maintain the amount of produce needed for feed. This creates a tough balance with the growth of your early farm, where dollars are at a premium.
  • EricaJ (US1)EricaJ (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 17.10.2014
    You have a point. But then again, I can't help but think - and thank you to Nafaru for the more detailed explanation - if GGS really wanted people to play the game as it was intended - growing/harvesting/producing the vast majority, if not *all*, crops & products - then they wouldn't include a "skip this for gold" option in events.

That's hypocritical. Are we really supposed to think that one form of buying, using farm dollars either EARNED through hard work (playing the game the "right" way) OR purchased from the car lady or Omar using gold, is "wrong" while skipping work ENTIRELY by using gold is "right"?

I don't know if that's really... a fair comparison.

I see a couple of different, distinct ways that gold is used in the game:
    1) To buy permanent benefits - housing, water towers, workshops, nursery upgrades, library boosters, etc.
    2) Convenient time-saver, as in insta-finishing builds and production cycles. Using gold to skip a step in an event could fall into this category. The difference between insta-finishing a cycle versus skipping a step in an event is that you could use gold to skip an event step even if you don't even have the production resources in place. For example, the 'feed pigs x times' step for someone who does not even have pigsties.

Gold is always going to confer benefits not otherwise available in the game. People wouldn't buy it otherwise.
  • cristybr01cristybr01 Posts: 3
    edited 30.10.2014
    And the "buy" button is back to the br server...
    Without prior notice...
    Without compensation (yet?)...
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 30.10.2014
    It's back in Italian server too. But i didn't see any compensation yet
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 30.10.2014
    cristybr01 wrote: »
    And the "buy" button is back to the br server...
    Without prior notice...
    Without compensation (yet?)...

They did make a little post on their forum about returning the buy option, but just a few minutes before it happened.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 30.10.2014
    It's good to hear that the test didn't last 3 months, maybe the market thing is ready to go...
  • edited 30.10.2014
    I’m really glad tosee that GGS has returned the Buy button to the affected servers. I agree with all the reasons that are listedin the prior posts (and yes I read them all) why this was not a good thing atall for GGS to have done. I’m reallyglad that players on this and other servers supported the players that wereaffected too. We are a team of players afterall! In addition, there is no way thatGGS would have accurate “click” data because the controversy made for veryunhappy players that were not playing the game as they had before at all. IMO it had to have been a totally failedexperiment for GGS and hopefully a good learning experience for them.
    I think GGS has made some very bad businessdecisions recently overall in many ways which have been stated all over theforums. Maybe they have learnedsomething!
    I am glad to see that the Horse Ranch wasbrought out a little at a time. I don’tsee why some players are so anxious to race through the horse ranch, upgrade tothe max, spend everything they can and then complain, complain, complain, whenGGS clearly told us this was only the beginning so we could get used to and trysome things! I’m sick of all thecomplaints too, even though many of them are justified!!!
    IMO bringing out the Horse Ranch a little at atime, also gave them a chance to fix any bugs that might be found before addingany more. The MANY bugs in the Island,high prices, and the rollback, etc. were a disaster! Way too many unhappy players!! The updatethis week, fixed the bugs that were found with the Horse Ranch and manyothers. I expect that they are workingon the numbers on the horse ranch too and the chat problem will already befixed next week. I’m sure errors in thehorse ranch will too. I’m very willingto wait to have it done right!!! Atleast they didn’t just push to bring us more Horse Ranch this week with morebugs! I see this as a good thing.
    I don’tknow their procedures or how they test things before they are brought out to us(Maybe Latten could share something about that with us?) or what background andskills the employees of the company have. We will never know, but I bet someone is in real trouble or looking fora new job for the past events and the company must be scurrying to do somethingto save the game and get back to happy players. Computer programs can be buggy when they first come out, even in thebest of companies! There are more thanenough players who love this game and would be very willing to help test newthings on a test server—testing like this has to be kept confidential too, manynew ideas are changed in the testing phases. Rumors only make things worse!!
    Ihope that GGS will take this opportunity to get off the timeline schedule they seemto have had in the past and really stop and listen to the players all over theworld. This is a perfect opportunity forthem to APOLOGIZE to their players and TEAM up with us to make this game reallygreat!!!
    Going forward, can’t we all do someconstructive criticism instead of just complaining? IMO many players need to read the official announcementsbefore asking the same questions over and over and over that are clearlyaddressed in the announcements and elsewhere. And GGS, LISTEN TO US AND LET US KNOW YOU ARELISTENING TOO!!! TEAM UP WITH YOURPLAYERS!!! WORK WITH US!!!! YOUR SUCCESS DEPENDS ON US!!!
    IMO, an apologywould go far and many players really want some kind of compensation too. Do something to repair the damage that hasbeen done and let’s get on working as a team and having fun with this game!!!!This is a perfect time for you to implement some things that players have beenasking for a long, long time! Like abutton for are you really sure you want to spend your gold? I accidentally hit something and lost 75 gamegold! I was sick over it, but there wasnothing to do about it. I can certainlysee why people who buy gold want this. Idon’t want to buy gold that will disappear if I make a mistake like I did withthe 75 game gold! I can’t afford to loseany if I do buy any someday. I reallyprefer to PLAY the game rather than BUY my way through it. It’s really 2 different games!
    We didn’t likewhere the Co-op tree was put, it should be real easy to move it for us.
    Make the chat ande-mails so we can have some space in them. And on and on with the many simple little suggestions that would make usall so happy.
    How about GGSdoing an E-mail survey to our home e-mails of some sort to reevaluate thedirection the game is going? How about asking us what WE think?
    LETS TEAM UP,APLOLGIZE, WORK TOGETHER AND MAKE THIS A REALLY GREAT GAME!!!!
    And that’s mythoughts this morning on the US 1 server in California, USA! Thanksfor reading.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 31.10.2014
    I don’tsee why some players are so anxious to race through the horse ranch, upgrade tothe max, spend everything they can and then complain, complain, complain, whenGGS clearly told us this was only the beginning so we could get used to and trysome things!

For two years this company has collected a self-selected sample of players from all over the world who enjoy upgrading, to the max or otherwise. We click, we make some currency and then use it to upgrade. Rinse and repeat. Then this was honed and fine-tuned when the Architect philosophy arrived. Hey! Even more rinse and repeat lets do it again. And again on Gormet and Flower farms.

And now with the Horse environment this tried and true forumla has been abruptly stopped. For the first time we are *stalled*. Even with several days clicking, we cannot do upgrades. The new upgrade currency of competition horseshoes is unobtainable. We cannot defeat the better NPC horses.

Complaints of mere boredom will turn into walk aways, very soon unless some action is taken. What a powder-keg the devs have made. The game has changed into some other game type.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 01.11.2014
    Well if it is true that the forced test has been stopped on the affected servers (I've been off the net a few days) then I am glad. And maybe I'd be more excited to be able to buy gold again (I was holding a personal boycott) if the horse hadn't been so disappointing at rollout. :(

Maybe by the time I have consistent internet again things will be looking up. :)
  • anvesh.pathakanvesh.pathak Posts: 48
    edited 15.11.2014
    Well if it is true that the forced test has been stopped on the affected servers (I've been off the net a few days) then I am glad. And maybe I'd be more excited to be able to buy gold again (I was holding a personal boycott) if the horse hadn't been so disappointing at rollout. :(

Maybe by the time I have consistent internet again things will be looking up. :)

How to get the well spring of charity??
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 15.11.2014
    How to get the well spring of charity??
    It was a top prize for an event that doesn't run any more so is no longer available

The event was rejigged and the rewards changed to a telescope of variable value. But even in that form it is many months since the Charity event has run and I wonder if it had been retired completely
  • luna839 (IN1)luna839 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 153
    edited 15.11.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    It was a top prize for an event that doesn't run any more so is no longer available

The event was rejigged and the rewards changed to a telescope of variable value. But even in that form it is many months since the Charity event has run and I wonder if it had been retired completely

it would be nice if someone would have the picture of the 'well spring of charity'.. apparently i was not able to find it in the decoration tower:huh::(
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 15.11.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    It's back in Italian server too. But i didn't see any compensation yet

How about the promised compensation?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 15.11.2014
    luna839 wrote: »
    it would be nice if someone would have the picture of the 'well spring of charity'.. apparently i was not able to find it in the decoration tower:huh::(

WellspringofCharity_zps199397cc.png
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 15.11.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    How about the promised compensation?

Yes the compensation has come, with e-mail, there was seeds and other things, don't remember everything.
  • luna839 (IN1)luna839 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 153
    edited 15.11.2014
    WellspringofCharity_zps199397cc.png

thanks RunsWivScissors^^.... it indeed is a very nice looking decoration.. i m wondering why'd they remove it?
    ?(
Sign In to comment.