Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 8th - Nothing to see here, move along - Discussion

Oh well, not much to discuss :)

The Coop Invite bug as well as the "next harvest display" bug should be fixed, though!
Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 06.10.2014
    Yes, indeed, not much to discuss... ;) But I shall ask a question! Any chances of introducing an option of messaging cooperative's "management" only, any time soon? It's tiring and very time consuming, having to copy and paste one message several times... And I only have four deputies!

Thanks in advance, Latten! :)
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 06.10.2014
    Good to hear :)
    That "next harvest" bug is sooo "bad"
  • Alexia76 (IT1)Alexia76 (IT1) Posts: 508
    edited 06.10.2014
    in another forum the mods have announced that with the next update we can no longer buy products with dollars . Why do not you have the news here ?
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 06.10.2014
    well..good luck..
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 06.10.2014
    in another forum the mods have announced that with the next update we can no longer buy products with dollars . Why do not you have the news here ?

If that's the case, then strategy could change quite a bit in some circumstances.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 06.10.2014

Link? .........
    edited 06.10.2014
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 06.10.2014

Yes, please - agree with rhinana: L I N K ????

EDIT: OK - THX FarmerAlexia - read your answer, THX (and I do speak Italian)
    edited 06.10.2014

Thanks. That is a very odd change to make.

ETA: I will reserve judgement and opinion until this is confirmed by mods here. Maybe the Italian mod is playing a joke or misunderstood something.

2nd ETA:

http://pt.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?127611-Mini-Update-08-10-2014&p=1195772#post1195772

Looks like this is real folks. Above is a link from the Portuguese forum with a bit more explanation. (Just let your browser translate it.)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 06.10.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    Thanks. That is a very odd change to make.

ETA: I will reserve judgement and opinion until this is confirmed by mods here. Maybe the Italian mod is playing a joke or misunderstood something.

Its also here: http://pt.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?127611-Mini-Update-08-10-2014&p=1195772#post1195772

Google translate:

Dear community,

Along with the fixes that should occur in the update of Wednesday, we will also implement some changes in the EN server. From the 8th of October the servers mentioned may not buy products using dollars.

This change occurs because the Big Farm is a strategy game developed for production and we feel that the possibility of obtaining these elements without production, ultimately divert players of the production cycle itself.

We will of course be aware of the impact these changes will have on the game and the feedback of the servers affected by the change (the PT server will observe these changes along with Italian, Hungarian, etc server).

Discussion Zone: Here

hug,

The BF Team
    edited 06.10.2014
    it seems that the Italian and Portuguese server will be used to test the change

portuguese forum

http://pt.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?127611

edited 06.10.2014
    This will certainly not go over well.

If you are on one of the test servers, be sure to give your feedback and give it loudly!
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    edited 06.10.2014
    In the immortal words of LOL cats everywhere:

"Do not Want!"
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 06.10.2014
    Ouchy, that doesn`t sound good! :huh:
    Buying to avoid producing is one thing, but you wouldn`t be able to buy for other reasons either...Like filling the ship if you are short of something.
  • MJs MeadowsMJs Meadows Posts: 44
    edited 06.10.2014
    As a traveller...I am EXTREMELY happy to hear that the coop invitation button will be fixed with this next update. It will be nice to once again travel to the coops to help with their projects!

As for the other item mentioned above 'may not buy products using dollars'....I sincerely hope they do not implement this on any server. How we make/spend our money on OUR farms should be up to us - it is OUR farm after all!

If this is change is made...it will, in my opinion - cause an uproar in this game to the level not seen before.
    edited 06.10.2014
    [h=2]Update Oct 8th - Nothing to see here, move along[/h]

Too bad, if that's gonna happen someday... I think it's gonna be a lot to "see"... back to the stoneage....
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 06.10.2014
    I think we should be able to spend our dollars on whatever it is we need. I buy a lot of things to send out my ship. I'm sure farmers buy produce in this world. Come on guys! This is crazy. Bigfarm is becoming such an unrealistic farm game, it's ridiculous.
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 06.10.2014
    what the heck gives you the right to use an entire server for product testing????? How about you smarten up and invest some actual money on a focus group and small core of players instead of the latte machines there and see if things work out first instead of just launching them and hoping for the best? Sheesh.

I can't see how eliminating a tactilly viable part of the game for all involved would be any advantage. Wait.... let me guess. We can buy them with gold instead, hm?
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 06.10.2014
    The not buying produce is the worst idea I've yet seen :(
    edited 06.10.2014
    sdfktgk wrote: »
    what the heck gives you the right to use an entire server for product testing????? How about you smarten up and invest some actual money on a focus group and small core of players instead of the latte machines there and see if things work out first instead of just launching them and hoping for the best? Sheesh.

I can't see how eliminating a tactilly viable part of the game for all involved would be any advantage. Wait.... let me guess. We can buy them with gold instead, hm?

Precisely the reason for this IMO. Perhaps not buy the products themselves but speed up the cycle using gold....
    edited 06.10.2014
    We can buy them with gold instead, hm?
    Precisely the reason for this IMO. Perhaps not buy the products themselves but speed up the cycle using gold....

It still does not make me buy gold :p
    edited 06.10.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    It still does not make me buy gold :p

Me either. I get that this is a business and they want to make money. And maybe for new players this will encourage gold buying but it will do the opposite for established players.

If you want us long time players to buy more gold, stop implementing "updates" that change the game drastically for us. Try giving us better gold buying rewards or bonuses. Listen to the many wonderful suggestions that have been posted on the forums. The current approach is driving people away.
  • MollieGlitch (US1)MollieGlitch (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    edited 06.10.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    The current approach is driving people away.

I'm afraid you're right, Rhinana. We've already lost one player because of this and two others are ready to bolt.
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 06.10.2014
    Unfortunately, along with all the problems lately, this is going to be a bad thing for GGS. I wouldn't be too surprised if the game goes completely down hill. So many people that were dedicated to this game are now talking about going else where or no where at all. Which in all reality, no where at all seems best. We put so much money into this game for our voice to not be heard. For GGS to completely do the opposite of what we ask. We played the game, got rollback, was promised this and that, nothing has been in the favor of the customers.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 06.10.2014
    Not having the ability to buy products using dollars is a stupid thing.

They do that on US and I may stop playing. I am a gold player and this change would make me buy less gold as I would no longer play.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 06.10.2014
    My guess is this is a reaction to many top players not having Gardens on the Gourmet Farms, and the like. The simple answer to this would seem to be raise the cost of those items that are being bought, instead of made. In fact, they should have a set price as it is... but for every X you buy, the price increases for 24hours. If you keep buying, the price increases. I imagine that is harder to program than it seems.... but it doesn't seem very hard at all. Instead of a sale price being A, its A+(percentage increase formula that includes times of purchases). That would, in my opinion, help with the problem, and make the economics more, as opposed to less, realistic.

-Y
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 06.10.2014
    :( If they didn't want us to buy produce, they should not have given us the option in the first place. Not a very good move. Always trying to stir the pot. When a lake turns over, man what a stink. Goodgame seems to smell a lot these days.
    edited 06.10.2014
    We put so much money into this game for our voice to not be heard. For GGS to completely do the opposite of what we ask.

Just what some of my co'op friends are thinking about this.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 06.10.2014
    Whoa slow them horses down! Big Farm is going to try taking away the option to buy products with dollars from entire servers? So several whole servers are going to be used to test this idea out? That's ludicrous. Again this type of change to the game would penalize thousands yet not even be a bother for perhaps a few hundred people that seem to play every aspect of this game with gold. Just like how they changed the happiness formula, it's not going to affect how people play the game if they play with gold. You're just going to make it harder for people to like playing the game, and I feel like it will drive new people away.

What would've been the right way to do this perhaps? Maybe make an annoucement in the targeted servers that ask "We're looking for people to test out a new feature, please sign up in this thread, etc." Offer a small reward of thanks (hmm gold let's say) for the participants. This is a very poor way to conduct business IMO, and to be honest, I don't think I'm the only one thinking this.

This would be a really awful change to the game, and it sends very clear message to people. While you CAN play the game for FREE, it isn't sustainable if you want to access all the features of the game. Those gold rewards you get for free in the game won't be enough for players to use. This game is turning into one that is best enjoyed with your wallet a little bit lighter.

Unfortunately, I am one of those players who might be thinking of giving up the game based on the changes that have occurred since the entire Big Farm environment changed months ago. I started playing in 2013 and this version of the game is not the game I enjoyed during my free time.

But I know there's only more to come in the future. We can all be disappointed with what is going on, and feel sorry for the people in the other servers that will be affected. Perhaps if we all really care, we just stop buying gold, despite all the 200% bonus offers we get, and see what happens next. I was monthly gold purchaser, and stopped buying it before the summer started. I have no motivation to spin the wheel of fortune because I'm tired of trying to place high in the rankings. I'll do my best to enjoy this game without the pressure to spend gold, even though it is very very clear we are encouraged to do so with all the new updates.

I've suggested a PC version of this game for purchase before, but this doesn't make GGS as much money I guess. Since I used to buy gold in the past, I would buy a game with all the features included. If the price was reasonable, GGS still could make money off this and subsequent versions of the game. Offer the free version online with a few gold features of course, but then you'd create a market who would support buying the PC version.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 06.10.2014
    not being able to buy products, gonna upset alot of players... not sure why ggs is trying to continue this awful approach honestly... there's already alot of ppl already disappointed maybe try to make things a bit better first before making it worse? hope it just be a rumor otherwise it really might be the end of this game, i dont think alot of players will go changing their farms again from scratch rather they most probably will quit :|
Sign In to comment.