Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Island farm ranking and activity rewards

clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
Hy everybody,
I'm a fan of the island farm event and I thing that the update made by GGS for the Island is one of the best due to the new rewards that have been brought.
These new rewards will motivate the players of doing the island again and again and I'm glad that GGS has understood the motivation concept.
For me it's really working because after the first event I gained so much shells and trade them for so many seeds that I could send the ship at least half of the year, 3 times per day, without participating again on the island...
So, before the update, my motivation to do the event again was really low...but now it's really high, especially for the pearlinshell deco which has a incredibly high satisfaction per square...+7,5 and for the new island themed cow stable.
I am a gold buyer, but a normal one.....and I think that new rewards could be better granted based on the ranking, while the new island themed cow stable it's achievable only with a lot of gold involved.
The charity event has bonuses for top 3, top 100 and top 1000, while the wheel of fortune for top 5, top 50 and top 500.
I think that a similar thing could be implemented here on the island too...with other smaller rewards than the special pigsty.
A good balance in my opinion should be the gold competition for the pigsty and the non gold activity rewards for the cow stable.
If the pearl deco it's achievable with no gold or very little gold based on the numbers that I had from the previous island event, the cow stable for 90 millions of shells it's impossible to be achieved without or with little gold.
Take a look..
The island now had 34 days....
Let's suppose that in the first 7 days (it's quit difficult..it's requiring high activity on the game) we could make the infrastructure that will allow us to make 3 fruity flips per day (the best manner to gain as much shells as possible without spending gold)....it remains 27 days..
3 flips per day = 95*3 = 285 units *6500 shells per unit = 1852500 shells *27 days left = 50017500 shells...the quantity needed for the pearl deco
The rewards for completing all the 3 chapters are equal to 20000000 shells, which leads us to a total of approximately 70 millions of shells.
All other shells gained from other small tasks are relatively low quantities...
So, a more realistic number for the cow stable should be 70 millions of shells and not 90 millions..
For the 20 millions difference we should accelerate with gold different processes in order to make 33 more flips....which is costly....
These are my calculations, my thoughts and my opinions....let's see what you guys think..
Regards,
Clinn

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I believe the hard worker rewards should be what they are called, hard worker rewards. Rewards that can be achieved with purely hard work and no gold needed.

Let's take the hard worker event for example. Many rewards are available for the hard worker event. They are possible to earn without gold. But you need to work very hard to develop your farms to reach the stage to be able to earn them and work very hard during the event to collect all the rewards.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same thing with the temporary farms. Not all the hard worker rewards are available without gold use.

However, I personally see lots of players love the hard worker events because of the hard worker rewards being much more obtainable than the temporary farm hard worker rewards. While the opposite is happening in the temporary farms, the hard worker rewards are too out of reach which causes a lack of participation in the temporary farms. Another issue is that the shortening of the temporary farm also gives less time to build it.

I think a good compromise to this situation is to increase the temporary farm's time limit back up to at least 30 days and also do what is proposed above, enable the special cowshed/duck coop to be earned without gold use. I think this would spark much more interest in the temporary farms and would result in perhaps more competition for the rank 1-5 reward. Because in my server, I would say the ranking reward is easier to get than the final hard worker reward.

Another thing to also discuss is if the amount required should be lowered, which prizes should be lowered and by how much? Please comment below on your opinions on this topic, I would like to hear what you think the effect of lowering the hard worker rewards would have for the players and GGS.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    The temp farms are really for those that already have their farms built up and close to, if not maxed. Then you would be able to afford the time it takes to do the temp farms.
    The temp farms are really for those that already have their farms built up and close to, if not maxed. Then you would be able to afford the time it takes to do the temp farms.
    I think the topic being discussed is more related to how accessible the hard worker rewards are. I think if you enter the temporary farm at different levels there should be different goals, lower levels should be more focused on getting enough horseshoes to consistently fill the ship, the first and maybe second decoration and the easier hard worker rewards. The higher levels should be focused on collecting all three decorations and all the hard worker rewards. The problem is that the final hard worker reward is too far out of reach for most players.
  • i do like some of the island farms but to be honest 24 days  it just isnt worth doing now i just get going and its all over lol

i do like some of the island farms but to be honest 24 days  it just isnt worth doing now i just get going and its all over lol

Yes I agree with this, building the temporary farm takes a lot of time. Once you are finished building there isn't much time left to use your buildings. I know you can use them in between building and upgrading, but I feel like it could be a little bit more friendlier with the amount of time to complete it in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file