Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 22th - Island farm improvements and more

Comments

• snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 22.09.2014
    I was absolutely certain that would be the way anyway, just wanted to confirm it for everyone else (ie. the incurable optimists :-)).

Still waiting to hear if at least the hidden decos are the same before I do anything.
  • edited 22.09.2014
    The Island Farm is not back on US1. The new info is just for the update on Sept. 22 telling us about what some of the changes will be when the Island does come back again.

Well, I was wrong the Island is back already on US1, came in with the Update! Way too soon for me!
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 22.09.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    Of course the ship did not reset.

Thanks for the info, Snork.
    Huh. Guess I'll be growing some oranges then.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 22.09.2014
    Well, I was wrong the Island is back already on US1, came in with the Update! Way too soon for me!

Don't feel bad. I was wrong about the island farm being next as well. But I was thrown off by what we were told, that the Shell Trader would return between the island events. That didn't happen.
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 22.09.2014
    There's something wrong with the Island Ranking: I can't see the amount of shells.
  • bigpapa12bigpapa12 Posts: 87
    edited 22.09.2014
    Well at least we can see how many shells we have or have not accumulated so far. But the ranking means nothing till the last few hours of the island. That is when you are gonna see all heck break loose when people start selling all of their stuff and keep getting bumped outta the top 5 so in turn have to use some gold to hurry and produce some more stuff. But there may be a large enough spread at the top this doesn't happen also we shall see in a month

Oh yeah and is that a bug that came with the island that has the normal ranking system all messed up?
  • tam28sweets (US1)tam28sweets (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    edited 22.09.2014
    X(I don't know why, but all progress on my island farm is gone. I was doing pretty well until it was taken away and used gold to help myself get to that point. I feel ripped off. X(
    edited 22.09.2014
    X(I don't know why, but all progress on my island farm is gone. I was doing pretty well until it was taken away and used gold to help myself get to that point. I feel ripped off. X(

It was made quite clear in the Official Announcement on the island farm that it was temporary and would reset after 30 days.
  • WayneL (US1)WayneL (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 22.09.2014
    I have looked at the new Island Farm, and am not impressed enough to participate in it. It draws money from the main farm and only pays out horse shoes and shells which do nothing to add to the profitability of the main farm. Until the island farm production helps the main farm bottom line, it will only be a drain on the good work we are doing on the other farms. Suggestion, have the ship pay either island dollars or regular dollars with the production stars and have the bank able to convert island dollars to regular dollars.
    WayneL
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 22.09.2014
    Shh... It seems to me that timer for the Island show 34 days. And I really hope that it's true )
    edited 22.09.2014
    Volty wrote: »
    Shh... It seems to me that timer for the Island show 34 days. And I really hope that it's true )

Didn't notice that until you said it. My Airport timer is showing 34 days as well. (in hours anyway).
  • edited 22.09.2014
    Oooh, the island is back, I'm so thrilled... (super sarcastic on that by the way). Serious? No money saved up for the island right now. Still have tons of fruit, and plenty enough horseshoes. I'm just finally getting some of my big upgrades out of the way, since I couldn't afford to do them when the island was here last time...

Oranges, sound about right. Pop some bubbles, grow some oranges, and call it a month.

Does this mean that yet again we don't get the Hawaii event????? Could you work on the timing a little bit? Please? I know you don't want to have the confusion between island and Hawaii events, so why not run Hawaii when it was the island was off? I like the Hawaii event, and here we don't get it again...
  • Ronald7573Ronald7573 Posts: 3
    edited 22.09.2014
    I dont see much use in this farm after the screwing people took last time ,myself the shells i got for the loss was reset so what they gave was taken back newbies stick to your main farms this one is not worth falling behind,,Happy Farming
  • cookie1212cookie1212 Posts: 2
    edited 22.09.2014
    What a ripoff!!!! You have to buy the sugar mill and everything again... even though you already had it before... Just a money and gold drain. I am not spending gold on this event and I am not spending much money only to lose it all again!!!!!
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 22.09.2014
    not sure if someone mentioned this before or not, if they have u can delete this post:

Rankings are bugged in www1 server, and not just island ranking, all other rankings too. (achievement, exp, etc)
  • MollyMuffin (US1)MollyMuffin (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 22.09.2014
    I played the island with no gold last time. I got one sandcastle and did not spend and many millions as others, but I enjoyed myself. As soon as it got too expensive, I backed off and let the rest slide. I'm playing again, because I want the challenge of working based on the things I learned last time. No, it's not for everybody, but it's a nice game changer when you are bored. I do wish they would let us send the ships back when we run out of fruit though. Otherwise it's a 12 hour turn around to load it up again. I spent all my shells on fruit last time, and still ran out.
  • DG312DG312 Posts: 28
    edited 23.09.2014
    Has anybody bought the tropical house for one of their permanent farms yet? I don't have the seashells to do so right now and I'm wondering about upgrades for it - does it use dollars or gold to upgrade?
  • opaeuro (NL1)opaeuro (NL1) NL1 Posts: 17
    edited 23.09.2014
    it uses dollars, you can build it on your normal farms
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 23.09.2014
    50 million shells for a pearl of motivation? Bargain! Thanks for the laugh GGS *eye roll*

Spending hundreds of millions to obtain a small deco worth 30 happiness should have me break even and benefit my farm in about.....5 years!
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 23.09.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    50 million shells for a pearl of motivation? Bargain! Thanks for the laugh GGS *eye roll*

Spending hundreds of millions to obtain a small deco worth 30 happiness should have me break even and benefit my farm in about.....5 years!

u're missing the biggest fun part though... 90mil shells for the cowshed! now 50mil shells might be possible with spending 150mil+ dollars, but 90mil shells is just a bad joke, i know its not April 1st but good joke ggs *clap clap* now tell us plz when u gonna show the real numbers then? :rolleyes:
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 23.09.2014
    Don't think I'll bother with island farm again.... I seem to have plenty of horseshoes & we are yet to know what they are for...... oh yes the horses which are yet to be implemented, think I'll wait till end game is complete!
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 23.09.2014
    WTH? The pop up (Stuck in with WAY too many pop ups) newspaper keeps talking about the horse farm.
    I've been collecting horse shoes with the boat. So no horse farm? Go back in circles with the island? Starting all over from scratch again? I'd do this once just to try something new. Now I have to do it again?

Where is this horse farm?

Do your game designers just put sticky notes on a cork board and shoot darts at them when deciding what do to next?

I really didn't want to do the island again. WAY too expensive for for rewards that are too large to use.
    But now there are "improvements." Only way to know is try it. Again.

What about the horses?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 23.09.2014
    Wow, I am so glad I came to read here first when I saw the island was back :p (way too soon IMO)... I am still down $3 million from when I played the LAST time, and seeing/reading that things are ridiculously expensive again just saves me the hassle of going back.

I will use the shells I saved from last time and just buy some more seeds.

Bummer, too, because it could have been fun to go back... but not this soon and definitely NOT if the pricing structure and size impediments remain in place.

*wanders off to do more upgrading on main farm and wait for horses*
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 23.09.2014
    Has it been asked enough? I think not. So here it is again, "Where is the horse farm?"

Let me spell this out loudly and clearly. I am a paying customer. Make that past tense. WAS a paying customer.

Instead of this repeat of GREED-code, let us see some horses. Totally disgusted about the abuse GGS has dished out these last few months.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 23.09.2014
    Does anyone know about the architect? He came after only a week and a half this last time instead of three weeks. Is that perhaps a signal that he will be coming more often? He certainly needs to, now that there are buildings on all three farms that require him.
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 23.09.2014
    You guys know how vocal I can be and how I do not shy away from trashing GGS when they deserve it? You know what? I couldn't care less any more.

They have 1 thing and 1 thing only on their puny little tiny mind: Making players spend more gold....

I give up... Battling against this constant, non-stopping greed is just.... not worth it any more. They are lost and don't give a Fig Newton what you nor I have to say.

Have it your way GGS... used to be fun. Now you made the game SUCK!

IO
  • feedthepig (US1)feedthepig (US1) Posts: 30
    edited 23.09.2014
    Pardon my asking but where are players see the cost of items like the cowshed and Pearl of Wisdom. Are the other deco items listed there as well?
  • edited 23.09.2014
    Don't feel bad. I was wrong about the island farm being next as well. But I was thrown off by what we were told, that the Shell Trader would return between the island events. That didn't happen.

Thanks. I thought thesame thing. I also thought the horsefarm would come before another round of the Island and that it would be longerbetween the times that the Island Event comes around. I never thought it would be here again thissoon. Definitely not ready for it and don’t plan to do much on it thistime. Too Expensive for me!
  • WallyWombat (AU1)WallyWombat (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2
    edited 23.09.2014
    Well, here I was expecting a horse farm to be "Next" as quoted by the game devs. Now I see another quest to try and strip away some hard earned certificates etc. No thanks! Players are being hoodwinked into giving up what they've worked hard for and will have nothing left for the horse farm, if it ever arrives ... Collecting horseshoes toward the horse farm is now a non-event as it hasn't been implemented as promised. I'll stick to just playing the game as a past time .... no interest in chasing bonuses that cost lead to nothing!
  • freerange (US1)freerange (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 23.09.2014
    Pardon my asking but where are players see the cost of items like the cowshed and Pearl of Wisdom. Are the other deco items listed there as well?

Click on the airport.
    Click the ranking button at the lower left of the ring menu.
    Off to the far right it shows the number of shells you need to earn during this round of the event to get various rewards including 4 decos and a special cow shed.
    Just above it shows your shell count for this round of the event.

There are also decos available for purchase with shells. These can be found on page 3 of the shell trader's green pickup truck to the upper left of the farm.
Sign In to comment.