Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 22th - Island farm improvements and more

Comments

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 21.09.2014
    draakje32 wrote: »
    Is it this time possible to do the 3 chapters without using gold, otherwise i am not very interested.
    It cost only al lot of dollars an with a little luck you can reach the second chapter but not finish it.
    Griffiths has posted how he completed all 3 chapters with ZERO gold

See his post titled Island farm - Some tips for players who want to finish all 3 chapters (no gold needed)
  • cheryl3 (GB1)cheryl3 (GB1) Posts: 28
    edited 21.09.2014
    I finished all 3 chapters with zero gold as well, and with plenty of time to spare :)
  • cityfarmari (SKN1)cityfarmari (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 40
    edited 21.09.2014
    Do you think this official announcements means that island farm is back already tomorrow ? I think that most of us was hopping to get possibility to see what we can do with horseshoes and horse farm before new visit to island farm. Sorry to my bad english.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 21.09.2014
    Do you think this official announcements means that island farm is back already tomorrow ? I think that most of us was hopping to get possibility to see what we can do with horseshoes and horse farm before new visit to island farm. Sorry to my bad english.
    I don't actually think it means the island will start again tomorrow, although from the posts in the forum many do. Just that the update tomorrow will make changes for when it does re run

I still think we will see the Ranch first, or at the very least the promised return of the shell trader. Few in my co-op will do more than a few oranges on the island without knowing more about the Ranch and I suspect we are not unusual.

But I don't know. Nobody but GGS staff know. We just have to wait and see what happens
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 21.09.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    @Latten/Nafaru: there was picture of 2 new machines in the last email I got from bigfarm, what are those 2 machines and when they gonna be released? thanks in advance.

Can't tell you much about this but keep an eye for the official announcements. It could be soon and then you will get some more information about it.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 21.09.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    I don't actually think it means the island will start again tomorrow, although from the posts in the forum many do. Just that the update tomorrow will make changes for when it does re run

I still think we will see the Ranch first, or at the very least the promised return of the shell trader. Few in my co-op will do more than a few oranges on the island without knowing more about the Ranch and I suspect we are not unusual.

But I don't know. Nobody but GGS staff know. We just have to wait and see what happens

The Racing News has had the Ranch advertised as coming "Next" so I agree it should be the next thing that happens.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 21.09.2014
    PINJO1986 wrote: »
    Can't tell you much about this but keep an eye for the official announcements. It could be soon and then you will get some more information about it.

ty, but could u ask and give us some hint at least plz of what these 2 new machines will be related to? are they gonna be related to horses or other farm environment features, or are they gonna be related to gourmet farm maybe for example?(like happiness and worker machines for gourmet instead this time?)
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 21.09.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    ty, but could u ask and give us some hint at least plz of what these 2 new machines will be related to? are they gonna be related to horses or other farm environment features, or are they gonna be related to gourmet farm maybe for example?(like happiness and worker machines for gourmet instead this time?)

Because this is not really on topic i am posting some information in a different thread. This is the thread.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 22.09.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    I hear you Crafty Critters!
    It is indeed very annoying that so many players believe they have to open a new thread every single time they want to write something. Experienced players have asked multiple times not to do that, but it appears to be a lost battle asking people to use the thread that already exists... For some obscure reason people don't seem to be wanting to search for the right thread and/or read threads and posts properly... (laziness perhaps?)
    Maybe sometimes the people posting aren't very familiar to the forum so they may not know to or how to look for existing threads. Just because some of us know how to do it doesn't mean every one does. Please keep in mind that not only are children playing this game.....some adults may not be as computer savvy as others. ;) Also it may be the case that people are really busy with real life & don't really have time to surf the forum to find a previous thread about the same topic. So to suggest laziness may be the reason could be total ignorance on your part.
    It is indeed terribly confusing for newbies (but in the end for all players) and the mods work their heads off to merge posts all the time and move posts to the right thread! ;(
    What do you mean all players? I'm a player of this game & I never said anything about the threads being confusing so how can you include everyone in your opinion? Didn't you call someone else out about the same thing?
    I totally agree with you, this island is nothing but exactly what you stated. I would say the island is nothing but a bunch of horse pucky but can't do that because NO ONE has a horse YET!!! How about listening for once GGS... people know what will make the game more enjoyable and if they enjoy it then and only then will you see your gold sales go up. As of right now you have more than 50% of the people ready to call it quits because all you are worrying about is your pocket. Is that fair to the ones who basically sign your paycheck???
    right now you have more than 50% of the people ready to call it quits ???

How do you know?? Please be cautious with throwing numbers all over the forums this way, when you can't be sure!! :huh:

Facts are that this forum knows over 4 million members of which only 62,296 are active members, which means players who do actually write in the forums. And judging from the >25 Million people who are playing this game all over the world, most players seem to like it, and agree with what the developers develop for us!

Happy farming! :)

I think the Island event was started to encourage more gold spending/sales. Of course some people didn't realize the island would disappear so they spent gold on it to get those new decos. Now that some realize what happens (and may or may not choose to spend gold the next time) GGS has come up with more bull hockey (the ranking system) to encourage more gold spending. :thumbdown:
  • edited 22.09.2014
    DG312 wrote: »
    Oh joy, the island farm is back.

I'll pass this time; it's just way too expensive.

Why not get the horse stable up and running first so we can spend the horseshoes we already have, rather than us winding up with more and more but no idea if or when we'll be able to cash them in?

The Island Farm is not back on US1. The new info is just for the update on Sept. 22 telling us about what some of the changes will be when the Island does come back again.
  • farmerkit2farmerkit2 Posts: 177
    edited 22.09.2014
    Put me down with those who won't move a finger on island farm unless I know what is the point of horseshoes. I have a suspicion it is yet again another "bragging rights" thing. If so, bye-bye, island, greenhouse and captain, hope you enjoy attention of teen boys - one of which I sadly am not!
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 22.09.2014
    I only got thru chapter 1 but I did enjoy the island when it was here. It is definitely something you need to have lots of farm cash if you want to complete it. I will have fun figuring out a way to complete it.
  • Space cat (INT1)Space cat (INT1) INT1 Posts: 54
    edited 22.09.2014
    WWW1 server is down ^^
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 22.09.2014
    Space cat wrote: »
    WWW1 server is down ^^

Seems George is rushing off to the unknown with our pigs and hardware. ;)

Attachment not found.
  • Space cat (INT1)Space cat (INT1) INT1 Posts: 54
    edited 22.09.2014
    Jinxy2 wrote: »
    Seems George is rushing off to the unknown with our pigs and hardware. ;)

:D hehe

Server is up again ! ^^
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 22.09.2014
    What? Island already again now? Really?
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    edited 22.09.2014
    Is it just on my farm or are all the amounts now written to 3 decimal places? Even the workers? I have 2.000. Is that so I can tell when I only have 0.5 of a worker left? And yes, I have tried re-loading the page.
  • edited 22.09.2014
    Yeayy, the island back :D^^
  • Orch81Orch81 Posts: 9
    edited 22.09.2014
    Hey, the island is back! Im just on leve 61 so could not complete the island last time, I wasn't going to do it this time round as not enough dollars but I can never send the ship away full anymore so is it worth me just starting the island again just to get the shells for the ship? thanks for any advice.
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 22.09.2014
    Where are the small-size decorations?
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 22.09.2014
    Is it just on my farm or are all the amounts now written to 3 decimal places? Even the workers? I have 2.000. Is that so I can tell when I only have 0.5 of a worker left? And yes, I have tried re-loading the page.

A have the same isue on my farm. And its realy killing me. Almost impossible to see anything.

Please, please fix it as soon as possible.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 22.09.2014
    90mil shells in 1 island? are you guys out of your mind? i finished the island last time and only got 35mil shells, lets say even if i killed myself i would get only 50mil shells in 1 island, 90mil is just insane.... rather give the cowshed to top 5 players too i doubt this way even the top5 players can get it anyway rather than anyone else.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 22.09.2014
    I think it's propably good for you to do atleast something on the island if your ship didin't stop asking for the fruits. It's not like anyone whose ship is already asking for them lose anything opening the island. But it's propably good to be sure the ship didn't reset first.

Edit: That's what I was worried about, that those decos would be something impossible. Island seems to has couple of days more time, but it's not really anywhere enough if demands are that high.

And I also think it's absolutely crazy to have it back already, it was gone a lot shorter time than it's around.

And the hawaii theme house has whopping one extra worker in it. I'll still buy them as updates seems to be done by farmmoney not shells so even one is little something.
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 22.09.2014
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    It's not like anyone whose ship is already asking for them lose anything opening the island. But it's propably good to be sure the ship didn't reset first.

This is something I'd like to know as well. If anyone could confirm that the ship didn't reset, I might decide to grow oranges to be able to fill the ship every now and then. I can't be sure since my ship came a little bit before the update took place, so now it's still there, asking for fruit...
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 22.09.2014
    Orch81 wrote: »
    Hey, the island is back! Im just on leve 61 so could not complete the island last time, I wasn't going to do it this time round as not enough dollars but I can never send the ship away full anymore so is it worth me just starting the island again just to get the shells for the ship? thanks for any advice.

I would wait for your ship to dock to see if it asks for fruit. I didnt open the island last time so dont know what happens, but there will be someone whose ship has docked who could tell you. Personally I would wait a day to see what others are saying about the island this time around.
  • vievie (US1)vievie (US1) Posts: 8
    edited 22.09.2014
    This is like starting allover again in re-building a new island :S whatever happened to ALL that money and time we put in building the 1st island. Where is the compensation that we put into it?????? X(

I'm very disappointed!!!
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 22.09.2014
    what i think needs to be taken into consideration by GGS is not only the cost of things but also the cost of production cause that is were MOST of the money is spent those costs are completely OUTRAGEOUS.They need to be lowered if they were lowered then the island farm wouldn't b so bad.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 22.09.2014
    Of course the ship did not reset.

AKA yes it just asked me for fruit before I even restarted the island event.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 22.09.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    Of course the ship did not reset.

AKA yes it just asked me for fruit before I even restarted the island event.

That is just rotten, snork. So you have no get out clause to the island, you are lumbered with it. I wont be starting it this time either then. Think people should have been given the choice, especially after all the complaints the last time.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 22.09.2014
    So-so ...
    I have no chance to get any of special stables or coops, they are for "extremally" gold users, but I'll try the Island for new decors ) 50mln shells are just the same amount of my last vacation )
Sign In to comment.