Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 22th - Island farm improvements and more

1810»

Comments

• Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 20.10.2014
    It is opened on such a low level to encourage gold use by early level players.

Mostly I see people give up on the game after trying it at such a low level, they lose all of their money on the island and can't do anything on the main farm, so they quit. Lost a few that way... 5 at least between all my co-ops. So it isn't working with people I know! They don't buy gold, they leave.

Happened in my coop as well. Lower level players get discouraged quickly and simply stop playing the game. :(
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 20.10.2014
    That is an example of players trying to do too much too soon.
  • misty0455 (US1)misty0455 (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 20.10.2014
    if u buy for gold it goes to island if u buy for shells u can use it on ur farm, i bought 1 last time its on my flower farm
    edited 21.10.2014
    i do not care for the island decos on my farm, i just want shells for seeds
  • pg444 (US1)pg444 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 22.10.2014
    it cost to much for what you get . is it going to be delited at the end of 30 days , wasting my time and $
    edited 22.10.2014
    really for all tasks needed to do the island and 3 decos which are not that great in the first place i am spending a whole lot less and getting more than if i was to complete the island event
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 23.10.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    really for all tasks needed to do the island and 3 decos which are not that great in the first place i am spending a whole lot less and getting more than if i was to complete the island event

Not true, the books alone gives a 18 mln bonus. With some of the sidetasks and selling the drinks,peacocks etc. you get a total of 35 mln shells.
  • Yon Beast (US1)Yon Beast (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 23.10.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    Not true, the books alone gives a 18 mln bonus. With some of the sidetasks and selling the drinks,peacocks etc. you get a total of 35 mln shells.

Good to know, thanks
    I have completed the first TWO books(?) each time now.
    First time was spend spend spend....and around 18 million shells.
    This time around I got just as far without spending a lot of gold and money ( ~25 million) and will finish around 15 million shells for the month.

That should be enough shells to supply minimums on boat through a couple of island events.

My point is....a lot people complaining about how expensive it is. YES...it IS more expensive than regular farms, however ...everything is relative!

It IS designed for the more advanced players....but it is not overpriced to exclude younger farmers. They just can't go as far.

@Trippel2: how much cash should you need to FINISH the books??
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 23.10.2014
    I did not actually keep track, but estimate between 50 and 60 mln.

I tried to play it low budget, and finished, but it takes up a huge amount of time.
  • freerange (US1)freerange (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 23.10.2014
    Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive list of shells received for items demolished on the island?
    edited 23.10.2014
    you could always start opne and people could add to it. Enough people adding to the list would be a great thing to do
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 23.10.2014
    freerange6 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive list of shells received for items demolished on the island?

We added lots of that info in the island threads during the first time.
  • khetran94 (INT1)khetran94 (INT1) Posts: 3
    edited 24.10.2014
    hello everyone island farm cost more then others and our progress in other farms is lost because of it ..bank is a good place to exchange dollars but we should also be able to earn island dollars in in return of production of island products lowering the production cost and upgrade cost will also help us ...otherwise next time i will not be able to play this costly event which costs more then its benefits .....what do you think ....
    edited 24.10.2014
    people have been talking about how expensive it is since it started, at first i did not heed their words and played like i was building a normal far, about 1/3 of thew month in I changed play tactics but did not finish it. this time i played it a different way and will play it the same way with small differences my main gola is seeds and shel, thus more horseshoes
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 25.10.2014
    When openning the ring menu, hover over the demolition icon and it will show all info : time, shells and workers. Mostly, the fully upgraded buildings give the greatest amounts of shells and the gold decor (oasis and hammock).
  • edited 25.10.2014
    I agree with eagle owl. It is very convenient to have the demolition values available this time around. I posted this more comprehensive list the last time the island event ran.

Simple house: level 1 = 45, level 3 = 1050, level 4 = 3000
    Fancy house: level 2 = 1200, level 4 = 12,000
    Field: level 1 = 60, level 2 = 240, level 3 = 1050, level 4 = 5100
    Peacock coop: level 1 = 75, level 2 = 300, level 3 = 1500, level 4 = 7500
    Lemur pen: level 1 = 180, level 2 = 450, level 3 = 2100
    Mango orchard: level 1 = 180, level 2 = 568, level 3 = 2100, level 4 = 10,500
    Coconut orchard: level 1 = 300, level 3 = 2100
    Banana orchard: level 2 = 1050, level 3 = 4555, level 4 = 24,000
    Sugar mill: level 2 = 180, level 3 = 2400, level 4 = 15,000
    Composter: level 1 = 90, level 2 = 450, level 3 = 2550
    Silo: level 4 = ? (have seen it posted as 18,500, 19,000, 19,500)
    Small palm trees = 105
    Big palm tree = 1350
    Comfy hammock = 12,000
    Oasis of idleness = 24,000
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 25.10.2014
    Thanks for that list, Alabaster! I can add that the level 1 Lemur pen demolition value is 180 shells.
  • edited 25.10.2014
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    Thanks for that list, Alabaster! I can add that the level 1 Lemur pen demolition value is 180 shells.

Thanks! Now updated. :D
  • buddybeau (US1)buddybeau (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 26.10.2014
    The prices to do things on the island are ridiculous. I have spent over 100 million on the island for what, a bunch of seashells. They could at least give us island dollars for the drinks or peacocks or lemurs. I won't be playing the next time if it is the same as this time. Then to top it off a big update, the horses, that delayed me able to do some crucial transfers of funds to keep up with the cost of planting and making drinks.(over 7 million to make the last drink) times that by how many to get the required number. Why can't they leave the island as it is and contiue from one time to another , why do we have to start all over again. I am not spending gold on nor will I ever. Terribly disappointed in this new farm, started to become discouraged.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 26.10.2014
    Note on the Island Farm!

I am not one who always thinks GGS makes mistakes. They do get many things right. The island farm is not one of them. It is a fine concept. In concept, I actually like it. It is just not reasonably win-able. And that is extremely important. No one farm is the perfect example. But, mine is a very good example. I am ranked in the top 100. I tried my best to complete the island farm last time and again this time around. I lack 1 task from getting the sand palace. The last task is an extremely slow one. I started this second island farm with over 20 million up front, and my regular farms throw off another 5+ million in cash every day. I have logged on excessively to try to complete it, and it is simply out of reach. There is nothing more that could have reasonably been expected of me. If, ranked at number 79, with huge money advantages, I have no hope of reaching the cow shed or even just the sand palace, it is not a fair game. I have been in the software industry for over a decade. I "get" the complexities of GGS's corporate mission, but a fair game must be a sacred tenet, and the island farm violates that. There are ways to fix it. Obviously extending the length of it. Also, the happiness ratio could be tweaked to be less burdensome, as could the dollar-to-island-dollar ratio. I really do appreicate the idea of trying to turn the Hawaiin event into a temporary farm, but if it is going to remain this unfair, then it is not the right thing to do. And, with rumors swirling of a "spooky farm" coming next to replace the island farm, it is definitely a concern that the same mistake will be made. There are farms that they could reach out to like myself to assess the viability of these event farms. Perhaps they should do that the most.
  • hammerotg (US1)hammerotg (US1) Posts: 26
    edited 26.10.2014
    Or.... how about getting rid of the useless horse ranch, and the money pit island, and adding a PERMANENT 4th farm. Something that should have been done months ago. Did anybody even ask for a Disappearing island farm? Or a useless horse ranch? I know I've seen threads on players asking for a 4th permanent farm, and quite a few ideas on what it should be.
  • sandra kyle9sandra kyle9 Posts: 2
    edited 26.10.2014
    Why are some of the island in limited time? and How can I get it back?
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 26.10.2014
    Sandra Kyle-

"The temporary island farm will be active for 30 days. During this time, you can finish different tasks to help our new, yet unknown character to achieve their goal of building a farm on the island. After 30 days have passed, the farm will be reset and you will get some rewards - depending on your progress of course - which you can use on your regular farms, as well as additional possibilities to earn new seeds for the greenhouse."

From the official announcement regarding the island: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?115268-Announcement-Teaser-the-temporary-island-farm!

This is one of many announcements regarding the island. Check the official announcement page for all announcements regarding the island as well as other news.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 26.10.2014
    gavin - it's not a spooky *farm*, but there is supposed to be spooky themed event coming (one assumes this week!!) to go with the spooky-themed decos that appeared in the tower.
  • misty0455 (US1)misty0455 (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 26.10.2014
    I kept my budget down this time and still came out with about 70 million shells, spending them all on seed, I find island deco's too big for my other farms. Didn't try as hard as I could have to get tropic cowshed as there was not much info about it, just that it was smaller
  • Daniel M (AU1)Daniel M (AU1) Posts: 30
    edited 28.10.2014
    Well, I myself am greatly displeased. I am a level 100+ player, plus spend quite a bit of gold yet I only made it halfway to the cow shed prize. Didn't quite even make it to the forth deco due to being away on holiday for the last 5 days of the event.
    I am a player who designs plans for my farms, and do multiple calculations to get the best production I can from all of them. The island farm was no exception and to be quite honest I don't see even a glimmer of hope for a non gold user to ever gain all the prizes which is rather discouraging for them. Even those who use a moderate sum of gold would have a mammoth task trying to gain them all.
    My conclusion is that this ranking and prize system is only possible for the players who spend huge amounts of gold.

GGS, if you are wanting to keep this island farm, and even the game in general, fun for all players, you are going to seriously need to reconsider how you balance things in future. For I am hearing of far too many players leaving over issues like these. How about making things more possible for lesser gold spenders and even non gold spenders for a change???
  • sandra kyle9sandra kyle9 Posts: 2
    edited 28.10.2014
    to me I think if it comes back I will not be playing it , 1 price is to unreachable, especially if you are in a fixed income. 2. time alotted is too short, 3. too many farms to get involved 2 or three maybe. But , people really do not have the time to spend in playing unless they are rich. But, then The Rich do not play they are busy making more money for real, these games are not real life, where is it taking you? Recreation is good but only if we keep a balance on it.
  • BigShyanneBigShyanne Posts: 1
    edited 11.12.2014
    :) i love this

cute pingo42

i like that

what do you need

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
Sign In to comment.