Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sep 22th - Island farm improvements and more

Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 18.09.2014
    Sounds nice...but sounds for gold users again...

i liked the island, but if it's gonna take as much dollars as before, i'm not gonna be able to do it...

Hope i can grow enough oranges to have enough shells for some new things.... or to buy seeds...
  • sjoerdnl (NL1)sjoerdnl (NL1) Posts: 2
    edited 18.09.2014
    i hope for the next island time, i know what i can do with the horses. so ik know of it is worth the money
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 18.09.2014
    As the event progressed, we received and evaluated a lot of feedback that we would now like to use in order to improve the tropical experience some more.

From Lattens official announcemet

Yes, there was a lot of feedback, but if i remember correct, no one wasn't asking for ranking list to the island.
    Ranking could be good or not, but i was hoping that GGS had lower those huge prices instead of new decos and pig stables....
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 18.09.2014
    I hoped that too, to make it more affordable or even self-sustainable from a point on. I've spent millions to finally earn some horseshoes that we don't even know yet their value...
  • edited 18.09.2014
    when will we play the island again? i can't wait to see the updates goes live and see my island improvements!! ;)
  • moi21moi21 Posts: 3
    edited 18.09.2014
    Maybe it would be a good idea that you first show the player what you can do with your horse shoes. The Island costs way too much money, so if I don't know what I do it for the motivation drops enormously. So stop with your Island updates and finally start with the horse farm!!!
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 18.09.2014
    So the feedback/complaines about how expencive the island was, the oversized buildings, low numbers of workers in a house and the complaines about shells>seeds>fruits>ship is fixed with yet another ranking?
    Please don't dissapoint me and give the tradehouse a few golden levels.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 18.09.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    So the feedback/complaines about how expencive the island was, the oversized buildings, low numbers of workers in a house and the complaines about shells>seeds>fruits>ship is fixed with yet another ranking?

Of course not :) We are planning on some ways to offset the partly big costs of the island though, just don't expect a big change for this update regarding that. We're talking about changes that would need proper balancing, playtesting and a lot of careful fine tuning, but yeah - working on it!
  • mollya3mollya3 Posts: 25
    edited 18.09.2014
    Hello,

It sounds wonderful and I, for one, cannot wait for our next trip to the island. Thank you for your work on rankings, new decorations and everything else. The riding stable is going to be lots and lots of fun . . . the anticipation continues to build . . .:D
  • CrackTestCrackTest Posts: 4
    edited 18.09.2014
    I probably won't be doing the island farm event again. It is too expensive for my taste. I would rather invest that money in my 3 main farms. Also, nobody really knows what the "horse farm" will really be about so it would be better to wait for the "horse farm" to become available.
  • Carolaturner (GB1)Carolaturner (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    edited 18.09.2014
    I used so many dollars on the island last time i had to leave upgrades on my other farms as i can not afford to buy much gold all my buildings are still behind, i don't think i will be able to afford to do the island. if i don't do the island will i still need fruit for my boat i can now never send it out so i can only do it once a day
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 18.09.2014
    pearlinshell=2x2( 30 happiness) decoration..which means 7.5 happiness per unit square..verrrrrrrrrrry nice 8) ..but i wonder how many shells it takes to get that deco..are those(4x4,4x3,3x3,2x2) decos will be awarded randomly??
  • CrackTestCrackTest Posts: 4
    edited 18.09.2014
    You can still send out the normal farm products with the boat, but you won't get the bonus for sending out a full boat load if you don't send out any fruit.
  • CobbPlayer (AU1)CobbPlayer (AU1) Posts: 32
    edited 18.09.2014
    my team is reluctant to do island farm againg because of cost ,and taking time needed for their other upgrades ..thought the horse farm would be next ,also there needs to be more room available on island ,not fair if one has to delete then rebuild to fit things in .will be interesting to see what improvements there are
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 18.09.2014
    why u guys only add new stables for top 5 players... first chicken coop now sty and cowshed? :(
  • edited 18.09.2014
    Love the thought of getting new decos, but no money for the island farm again right now. It would be a waste for me if it happens during the next month at least. I'd probably just skip it. Then again, it doesn't say the island farm is happening soon, just that updates are happening to it. So, hopefully, we get some time yet before it goes live again.

Would really like to hear about the horses...before the island farm comes back...

Of course, the update is for the gold users primarily. That is because the gold users already did the island completely. They have no reason to do it again without a horse farm, or at least to do it as fully as they did before... This will get them to buy more gold to play the island again.

Though I know it will be along time for me to get the money to get anything good with the new updates, I don't begrudge them this update, since the gold users do pay for the game. They might as well get something good for the money they are spending.

This sounds like it has potential to be fun with the rewards along the way. I do like the thought of the island pig stys and houses and cowshed... But seriously, if having the island animal stalls on the farms, we need the Hawaii event soon to get tikis and such to go along with are island themed animal stalls (for those of us who like themed farms).

I know the island farm caused the Hawaii event to be skipped last time... Are we going to see it again before the island comes back? I still have players in my co-op who haven't got to see the Hawaii event yet, and they would really like too.

Looking forward to that spooky event we heard about earlier too! Decos for that look awesome!
    edited 18.09.2014

Looking forward to that spooky event we heard about earlier too! Decos for that look awesome!

not sure if u have checked deco tower yet or not, but dont look too much forward for the spooky event, the main prize is only +65 and 5x5 = useless :(
  • edited 18.09.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    not sure if u have checked deco tower yet or not, but dont look too much forward for the spooky event, the main prize is only +65 and 5x5 = useless :(

I didn't say they were good on happiness, just that they looked cool.
  • Yon Beast (US1)Yon Beast (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 18.09.2014
    sounds fine....for those that will play it again.
    I would rather not play it every time.
    I still have millions of shells....and bought hundreds of seeds of each before trader guy left.
    now no seeds and lots of shells.
    Fine, if there is a regular schedule....if there is, my bad!
    I have no idea when trader guy comes back...and do NOT need to 'do' the island again this next time.
    Whats the point of restricting buying seeds??
  • feedthepig (US1)feedthepig (US1) Posts: 30
    edited 18.09.2014
    I agree with MrSaece the pearl in shell 2x2 with a 30 happiness is a great idea, provided of course the cost is reasonable. It would also be nice if those decos could just be purchased without having to place much like sandcastles can be achieved and put anywhere. Granted once placed it belongs to that farm forever but since the Island only lasts a month it would be a good incentive thing to do. But the pearl in shell alone makes the Island worth doing again, along with the graphics and music. The game has needed a smaller deco for a while and I think it's fair to make it available on a limited basis through the Island.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 18.09.2014
    Griffith wrote: »

Why? It can be useless for you and me as high level players, but quite usefull for many others ))

I remember that birds house 4*4 with 40 happiness was a great gift before we got all new events )
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 18.09.2014
    I will do the island far (that is activating it and only completing the bubbles achievement) as to anything else, nope.
  • edited 18.09.2014
    I adore Halloween and can not wait for the event. :)

I will skip the island farm next time. I enjoyed the diversion (the graphics were very nice) but it was way to expensive to just disappear. I believe Latten said the prices were not lowered, the island was just "balanced". I could have done at least 5 final upgrades on the main farm for the same money. I sure hope the horse stable is worth the tens of millions I spent for those seashells. Island themed animal stables sound interesting but sound like they will be hard to come by.

With all the proposed new deco, I will have trouble deciding what can actually fit on the farm space we have. If the special event deco has a significantly lower happiness value per square than what I currently have access to, it may not be worth the trouble. Just to work hard for it and have it sit in storage is no fun. I would like more garden themed deco myself, not sand castles.

All in all, after almost a year, I still like this game.

Happy Farming,

Moonshine1962
  • edited 18.09.2014
    There was maintenance/update? done last night on US1, what was done there???? We never got an official announcement for this week.
    I'm disappointed with the 9-22 update being all about the Island. We want our Co-op tree moved back, or switch it with the library, TO HARD TO SEE WHEN IT IS AND IT'S IMPORTANT!!!! We need a button to send the ship back when WE ARE DONE WITH IT,FULL OR NOT!!! I KOW WHEN I HAVE FILLED UP ALL I CAN OR WANT TO AND THEN I WANT TO SEND IT ON IT'S WAY!! I want to see all my tractors too. The Island update info does not say anything about the high costs either!!! How about the Level 30 players, they can never afford the Island!! Even at Level 64 now, no way can I afford it. I think this update is WAY too premature and other things should have been addressed, like the horseshoes, horse ranch etc. first. The small decos are nice, but seem impossible to get unless GGS adjusts the costs greatly!
  • anvesh.pathakanvesh.pathak Posts: 48
    edited 18.09.2014
    Now we will having our own island farm rankings....................just WOW
  • blablabla6blablabla6 Posts: 32
    edited 18.09.2014
    Now we will having our own island farm rankings....................just WOW

thats because then they can see on who they earn money on ;)
    edited 18.09.2014
    Volty wrote: »
    Why? It can be useless for you and me as high level players, but quite usefull for many others ))

I remember that birds house 4*4 with 40 happiness was a great gift before we got all new events )

yea but still... even oasis deco which can be easily bought with shells, worth 69 happiness in 5x5 comparison, so... i dont think this deco will be even much useful for low lvl players either.
  • Feceus (US1)Feceus (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 18.09.2014
    I think it is funny that people become upset when a new thing is made for the game. It is only fair that new content appeal primarily to the end game users since they no longer would have anything to do. I remember a certain online game I played that would make expansion packs and updates periodically. Not everyone could do the new raids but you knew that you could eventually level up to get there. Why should we lessen the challenge for everyone because low level players cannot "complete it."

That being said I do hope for more balancing as suggested to find less of an extreme to the island farm. I was able to almost finish the second set of goals last time and knew that since I am not maxed out on my other farms that I probably wouldn't finish the whole thing.
  • bigpapa12bigpapa12 Posts: 87
    edited 18.09.2014
    blablabla6 wrote: »
    thats because then they can see on who they earn money on ;)

I think they know who they are getting their money from just want to get more from those chosen few. They'll probably have to make sure that certain people are unbanned from their farms as well so they buy some more gold even though they said they've had it with all the gold grabbing schemes. BP out

In all honesty I truly believe ggs doesn't have a clue what they are going to do next. The whole thing about certs for the garage, changing the ship to shoes, then the island with shells, and maybe someday a horse stable to use those in. It's not a complicated thing if your job is to come up with all this too mesh together, but as anyone can see none of it does. It started out with just the simple certificate thing, ok fine it took a couple weeks to get all the tractors, now what? Anyone who has all the tractors and still signs up for missions have tens of thousands of certs that serve absolutely no purpose anymore. Silly for me to think that the horse stable would actually show up before either 1) a shell trader between island events would or 2) the island event itself. It shows the idea was not completed from the start and is still in the process of being completed. Boy to be a fly on the wall in some of those meetings, if there are any. It makes it hard for moderators to give any truthful advice when nobody has a clue into what direction things are going. Not sure what you all have in store after the horse stable idea but im going to put in for a patent on an in game glue factory, but it usually takes quite some time for it to be approved, and nowadays many software patents are simply just being rejected because they are "obvious"
  • bdszabo (US1)bdszabo (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 18.09.2014
    CrackTest wrote: »
    I probably won't be doing the island farm event again. It is too expensive for my taste. I would rather invest that money in my 3 main farms. Also, nobody really knows what the "horse farm" will really be about so it would be better to wait for the "horse farm" to become available.
    No one in my Co-Op cares to do the Island again due to the prices. No one cares for the Fruit. The Costs are over priced in Upgrades along with the upgrades being one at a time when it really should be PER Farm. But I believe this will fall on deaf ears. So we will continue to plug along and IGNORE the quest bar.;(
Sign In to comment.