Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Are you listening GGS

2»

Comments

• Sam G.Sam G. Posts: 14
    edited 23.09.2014
    Thank you so much for clarifying the definition of grift so completely for me. I do so appreciate it, and I agree there is nothing petty about the amount of money GGS makes. I also know there is nothing petty about the amount a single, well executed 'grift' can make. I was merely trying to say that it is what it is, so if it brings you some measure of joy, just relax and enjoy it. If not, relax anyway, and find something that you can enjoy. Getting all bent out of shape over a GAME seems, to me, like an incredible waste of energy that could be much more productively spent. Go ahead and get as grammatically technical or any other kind of technical about this as you want. If it makes you feel good; good. Enjoy.
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 23.09.2014
    Apologies for coming off as snooty. If it helps, I'm not trying to be the grammar or verbage police here. It's just that if anybody else looks it up ( you have to admit, it's a dated term. One I rather enjoy. Also a good movie, which I'm sure you're aware of) they will put lesser value on the monetary goings on here. I assure you, it's quite large if you think about it.

In the effort of levity and humor, how about Ponzi scheme for this place? I think that fits better :P

I ( and as much as those who complain and wage war in the forums will care to admit) do rather enjoy the game. I get it. It's a game, not a reason to live. That big yellow ball out there shall rise and set as it has for a long long time. I'd personally like to see the game excel and the players along with it. Not to wax any sort of fluffy bunny rainbow time on it all, but it does have legs and could be something fairly enjoyable if the effort were put into it as a game. Seemingly so, it only appears it's put in as a product. I guess that's what has us all miffed.

edit : I like your main farm. Well done.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 24.09.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Pameow:
    Firstly: everybody is entitled to their own opinion of course, and of course nobody is having a problem when somebody writes in the forums that they do not agree with something. But this could be done in a polite and civil way!

What is sickening are the posts full of falsehoods, name calling, rudeness, accusations, impossible demands, threats to leave, etc. etc. What is even more sickening is that if anyone so much as tries to contradict all these complaints/whining, he/she will immediately get torn to pieces!

Secondly: this is a game, full of difficulties, brain teasers and challenges as a game befits. Try to respect that! Therefore, complaining about wanting to have everything made far easier/simpler for you will not help - because of the simple fact that this would take out the very backbone of the game!

GGS are the developers and owners of this game, so it is their right to develop it the way they want. If you would like to see something changed all you can do is ask politely. If they do, you're lucky, if they don't they will surely have a good reason not to.

Thirdly (and this might be a revelation to you) : players who are satisfied and who like the game are allowed to speak up their minds in these forums, too (whether you like it or not). Again, as long as we keep things civil/polite.

Last but not least: never ever was stated somewhere that the horse ranch would be operational before the next island event would come around. So nothing has been promised. Of course we could all wish for it, but that's all we can do. Every new feature in this game has always been a surprise and all we can do is guess/speculate.
    All my coop-members and a lot of other players I know (incl myself) don't have any problem at all to see the coop-tree or find the mine in our screen. We might not all agree with the relocations, but it's all there and very visible!

So maybe the word mispresentation should be changed in misinterpretation ??

This company have been false and misleading in their advertising about doing the island event to get horsefarm. It was implied one would follow after the other. It was not implied we'd have to do the island event one more time, or even many more times again before horses are introduced. They have obtained real money under false pretences.

When you are here by yourself because the other players have all left, you enjoy your steering wheel-less car, won't you.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 24.09.2014
    Pameow wrote: »
    When you are here by yourself because the other players have all left, you enjoy your steering wheel-less car, won't you.

Well I will probably still be here too. People don't like change and in this day and age everyone wants everything right away. Instant gratification. This whole game is a game of patience and strategy. And if you don't have patience then you can spend money. However, no one is being forced to spend real money to play this game. Spending real money is a choice. I spend it because well......I don't always have lots of patience but that is my choice.

I happen to like the island it is a nice diversion. And yes I spent a lot of farm cash on it last time, however, that is just farm cash that was sitting in my account that would have just sat there anyways. I have lots of things left to upgrade on my farms but I am really in no big hurray to do it. Because once it is all done, there is really no where else to go in the game. So I for one am glad that they are adding these things, it gives me something to strive for.
  • Bertie (IN1)Bertie (IN1) Posts: 20
    edited 24.09.2014
    The only issue is that although several players would not like to play the island yet they are being forced to wait for the ship turnaround time since tentacles keeps on asking for special fruits and handing in horseshoes in return. The complains would stop if the ship is reset for players who did not start the island this time. If someone doesnt like one farm, it never hampered with the game before. But now, even if you dont play the island you are being forced to let go off loading bonus and XPs... too bad.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 24.09.2014
    I'm gonna say again:
    If i had known that this thread will be like it is now... i wouldn't started it at all...
    So please, everyone, Relax and play the game in your own way. This is what i'v learned.
    Just play and enjoy like you want to, all of you.

8);)
  • mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    edited 24.09.2014
    If your so sick of it then stop visiting the praise and CRITICISM section..silly silly silly silly.. After playing for over a year every day (neally 2).am i not entitled to my opinion. i intend on leting my voice be heard..im not gonna fade away into the background because im too scared of offending delicate people like yourself.Stop visiting the praise and criticism page if it 's so hard for you to deal with..
    edited 24.09.2014
    Who is sick? You? Maybe you should go to doctor?:)

I like this game and all people in here. My co'op friends are great people and i like all people here in forum.
    Just relax you too ;):)

(sorry, just had to say
    :))
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 24.09.2014
    And there you have it.. take your pick .. both rhinana and Trippel are correct in their well put statements!!
    edited 24.09.2014
    ;) I don,t mind people saying their opinions, but don't be so.... what is that word? Angry? No, it doesn't sound right?
    Yes, i was angry (?) at first, but i have learned to relax and enjoy. Like i said before.8)
    And Mick63, sorry about what i said :)

Could you people help me with correct words? Sometimes it's so hard to say in english....;)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 24.09.2014
    You can find all the right words in post 25 of this same thread, Dara. And again: I agree with you: let's keep things civil/polite, relax and try to enjoy the game. After all: it's a game!
    Pameow wrote: »
    This company have been false and misleading in their advertising about doing the island event to get horsefarm. It was implied one would follow after the other. It was not implied we'd have to do the island event one more time, or even many more times again before horses are introduced. They have obtained real money under false pretences.

Yet again, Pameow: you are throwing around falsehoods! It was never implied that the horse ranch would become operational right after the first island event. There has been no false pretences. A lot of players made a lot of guesses, but that doesn't mean they are right in their speculations.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 24.09.2014
    Yet again, Pameow: you are throwing around falsehoods! It was never implied that the horse ranch would become operational right after the first island event. There has been no false pretences. A lot of players made a lot of guesses, but that doesn't mean they are right in their speculations.

It was indeed implied, in the chain of events: Do airport, do Island, do shells, do greenhouse, do ship, do horseshoes, do horse ranch.
    Its not very civil of you to acuse me of throwing around falsehoods, you who are so into civility, NOT.
  • Jumbo Whiffy (GB1)Jumbo Whiffy (GB1) Posts: 44
    edited 24.09.2014

I think most assumed that the horse ranch would come before the new island mission due to the fact that it has been on the 'whats next?' section in the Racing Farmer for quite a while now! Instead they have slotted in other updates (including the 'improved' new island) before the horse ranch. So I would suggest that the whole process has been misleading but GGS have slotted in surprise updates in the past so it is hardly surprising!
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 24.09.2014
    Yet again, Pameow: you are throwing around falsehoods!
    If - next time the temporary 4th farm comes around - you do NOT unlock the airport, and consequently do not travel to the island -> your ship WILL sail after filling the 4 first loads!!

So: it is a choice! Go to the island and have the ship require 6 loads, or ignore the island (not open it) and the ship will require "only" 4 loads.

The truth is out there.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 24.09.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    The truth is out there.

Interesting. So even Jiesta assumed the tropical fruit requirement for the ship would be a package deal with each iteration of the island event. It is only logical and fair after all.

+1 for your research efforts, Trippel2.
    edited 24.09.2014
    If I'd worked for GGS and whilst sitting in a brainstorming meeting somebody came up with the island idea, the first thing I would have instantly said was 'but not many people are going to be happy having to spend hours and hours building a tropical paradise, spending a lot of time, money and effort, slotting everything nicely into place, only for it to be taking away, then being expected to start again. We may lose a large base of our customers over this!!!!' Then I'd have expected the idea to be scrapped and the next idea would have been listened to. I don't know how the island idea got through quality control to be honest! They must have known it would alienate a lot of players! Even if I had enough dollars to complete the whole thing I would still see it as more of a chore! Basically the island just isn't fun! It might be if it was a permanent feature, but building it up against the clock then losing it when the time runs out is just soul destroying!
  • cccx5cccx5 Posts: 14
    edited 24.09.2014
    be nice if we could get the ship to leave when we want it to seeing that some of us is not ready to play the island
  • mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    edited 25.09.2014
    I shall play the game how i like..when i feel to need to post a comment im gonna do so. and if you dont agree Im not gonna lose sleep over it. If you cant take other people's opinion's dont read the praise and criticism page cause thats what your gonna get.PRAISE AND CRITICISM. Some people are SICK of reading complaints..Well stop reading them. I am surprised the amount of times i see complaints about all the complaints.(on the complaints page). Is that not what its there for ???? Is it just so we argue amongst ourselves or is it so (MAYBE) some of our ideas or comments are taking notice of ?? Give the impression that our opinion is valued ??? Maybe its a bit of all the above.. Anyway im off to the doctor.. Cause Dara has made me depressed..lol your a fw
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 25.09.2014
    mick63 wrote: »
    I shall play the game how i like..when i feel to need to post a comment im gonna do so. and if you dont agree Im not gonna lose sleep over it. If you cant take other people's opinion's dont read the praise and criticism page cause thats what your gonna get.PRAISE AND CRITICISM. Some people are SICK of reading complaints..Well stop reading them. I am surprised the amount of times i see complaints about all the complaints.(on the complaints page). Is that not what its there for ???? Is it just so we argue amongst ourselves or is it so (MAYBE) some of our ideas or comments are taking notice of ?? Give the impression that our opinion is valued ??? Maybe its a bit of all the above.. Anyway im off to the doctor.. Cause Dara has made me depressed..lol your a fw

I agree!! I think its funny when certain people complain about people complaining and saying they're whining. Maybe they're the ones whining because they can't accept that everything isn't all peaches and cream. I also find it funny that these people make certain comments as if they know it all but later on contradict themselves in later posts. The Suggestions, Praise and Criticism section is for just that.....1.)Suggestions...to suggest new ideas for the game, 2.)Praise......Let GGS knows how "great" you think the game is, 3.)Criticism.....Let GGS know when you and possibly other players aren't happy with certain features of the game so they can improve the game based on customer feed back. Like others have posted if you don't want to read complaints then stay off the forum! I have had many praises and defended GGS a lot but lately things don't seem to be going so well. The CMs aren't even around as much & don't reply to nearly anything other than certain posts in the Discussion corner for official announcements. Is BF going to end up like GGF? I think this game is going down south. I have seen many long term dedicated players leave & some players seem to continue to be disappointed.....
  • VFlorinel (RO1)VFlorinel (RO1) Posts: 5
    edited 25.09.2014
    You could complete the event without coins. I'm not fighting for the top spots because there is great pride. And by the way if you like leading places to buy coins that nobody stops
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 25.09.2014
    Last time I did the Island, it cost me over 150M and I never even finished the 3rd book... was close but no cigar. To this date, I am still recovering from that extremely expensive and disappointing experience. But my main concern is not so much related to cash but rather to a simple question: Why?

GGS so far as made us do missions to get certificates in order to build tractors and to unlock the airport. Then they made us play the temporary island to get shells in order to buy seeds. You use the seeds in the greenhouse to get fruits that are now required by the boat and finally, in return, you get horseshoes.

But what is the value of these horseshoes and how many will we need? GGS never told us. The only solid info we have is that they will be required for the Horse Ranch, but that is it. Since I do not have this information, I do not see why I would repeat this extremely expensive Event not even knowing what I will get in return.

In other words, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Ain't gonna happen baby!

IO
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 25.09.2014
    Complaining about the game in the "suggestions praise & criticism" thread is a right for everyone either happy or unhappy about the game! the personal complaints (attacks) directed @ people directly is just sad!
    Anyway Dara I do hope GGS listen to you... it may just put a stop to all the unhappy customer feedback!
  • edited 26.09.2014
    game glitch airport not work.
    edited 27.09.2014
    Last time I did the Island, it cost me over 150M and I never even finished the 3rd book... was close but no cigar. To this date, I am still recovering from that extremely expensive and disappointing experience. But my main concern is not so much related to cash but rather to a simple question: Why?

GGS so far as made us do missions to get certificates in order to build tractors and to unlock the airport. Then they made us play the temporary island to get shells in order to buy seeds. You use the seeds in the greenhouse to get fruits that are now required by the boat and finally, in return, you get horseshoes.

But what is the value of these horseshoes and how many will we need? GGS never told us. The only solid info we have is that they will be required for the Horse Ranch, but that is it. Since I do not have this information, I do not see why I would repeat this extremely expensive Event not even knowing what I will get in return.

In other words, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Ain't gonna happen baby!

IO

This!!! I agree entirely!
  • Janisss (AU1)Janisss (AU1) Posts: 63
    edited 27.09.2014
    Is it just a coincidence that I see the same GGS cheerleaders posting on all the threads in defense of any criticism against GGS........very tiresome.......if they are moderators then they should learn the art of impartiality. Not every critical post is wrong & needs to be defended. I have no doubt that this post will be deleted in time.
  • vecko (GB1)vecko (GB1) Posts: 21
    edited 28.09.2014
    Janisss wrote: »
    Is it just a coincidence that I see the same GGS cheerleaders posting on all the threads in defense of any criticism against GGS........very tiresome.......if they are moderators then they should learn the art of impartiality. Not every critical post is wrong & needs to be defended. I have no doubt that this post will be deleted in time.

nope not a coincidence...they just have this urge to go and attack anything which does not agree with them...and usually they just agree or disagree with someone elses opinion from what i have noticed...lol so much for being objective ;)
  • tinyandme (US1)tinyandme (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 28.09.2014
    Are you listening GGS

What is going on up there.

They don't have a clue what they are doing.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 28.09.2014

Are you serious? Have you logged in lately? "The new horse ranch is on its way...."

Plus, the end product after the island disappeared was what? Not horseshoes?

I can't imagine why people are assuming that 4 is the sum of 2 + 2..... Geeeeeze.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file