Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - August 14th - Greenhouse and Ship V2 - Discussion

Comments

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 15.08.2014
    Good Morning Jess - actually just refresh, log-out & log back IN, helps to clear cache and squish smaller buggies, like Ship when it docks & Greenhouse upgrade.
    Im currently upgraded to lvl3 of Greenhouse & had to use that trick, to see the upgrade on my own farm, all is fine and growing bigger yield of fruits now ;)

welcome for banana song, Im not 12 ...but there are times I wish I was...lol
    Banana-na-na nana na na NA na ;)

34dad5395f51c64d4468be260d828f5e.jpg

That worked! Thanks!! Sometimes is the simple things that work the best :)

My boys are 5 & 9. We have watched the banana song on YouTube so many times. We love it! :D
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 15.08.2014
    Steffi- thanks for your reply and for the possible consideration of the humus use in the greenhouse.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 15.08.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    You can demolish most of the buildings and get some shells for them, which at the end of the month most people will know and do.

Every building only gives back workers if you demolish them

The green house as far as i am concerned is a better upgrade than the Island farm even tho we need it for seashells

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 15.08.2014
    Heya Snork - yes, I did click on the building on the Island to demo, but I'm not seeing the value in shells I'm going to collect for it :/ shows "0" and the number of freed workers only

Yes, as I said elsewhere (quoting Nafaru/Steffi), that is a display error, and you do get shells when demolishing. But nobody is telling us how many, except for the four examples Nafaru listed, and some by others (sorry, too many threads, can't remember where, but it was more shells for upgraded buildings of course).

MODS, couldn't you give us a correct list until someone fixes the display bug please?
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 16.08.2014
    Nafaru - yes, I'm definitely glad that the seeds don't cost as many shells as some standing water!! Lol ;)

However, the seeds bring me to the rest of this post. Now that I've been able to see the costs, they're still awfully expensive. After finally (finally!!) getting through the orange fizz (and now having to make copious amounts of peanuts and peacock feed -_- lol) I gained enough shells to buy seeds... but only what feels like a small handful of them. :( Which means that I probably won't be able to fill the ship very often. But that's okay... I didn't often fill it before the changes took place, anyway. :)

Which leads me to the ship: I do understand those who say it's lost income. IF someone is able to fill it two, three, or more times a day - and to that I say lucky you, and good for you! :) - then there would definitely be a difference; but honestly, I don't find it's too different. Today, I filled the first two slots (242 milk and 71 corn) giving me a reward of $36,000. Had I sold these through the farm management, I'd have gotten $6,476. That's a big difference. After filling the next two slots (751 apples and 673 pigs) the reward was $75,000. Had I sold through the FM, it would have been $36,409, also a bit of a difference, though I know the second reward is likely for a combination of all four slots. So, together, had I sold through FM, it would have been $42,885. Ship reward total was $111,000 plus the XP, plus the added bonus of horseshoes for horses later on (looking forward to it! :) ). Yesterday was much the same; over $100,000 ship reward, though if I'd sold through FM, it would have been around $50,000. So for me (or those of us who are able to only send the ship once a day anyway), not being able to fill the seed slots isn't a big deal as the ding to the farm bank isn't much to worry about - it can still be considered a moneymaker. But yes, it certainly would be a ding to the bank of those who were able to send the ship more than once, and that is unfortunate. :(

I like the greenhouse, but if I can't get too many seeds, it may not be that useful to me. Only time will tell.

Overall, I'm liking the update. And as I said before, only time will tell as to whether this is all useful or not lol. :)
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    edited 16.08.2014
    Big Farm seems to me to be a game about choices. Do you CHOOSE to upgrade your cowshed on the main farm or your mill in the gourmet farm? Do you CHOOSE to have your co op research getting bigger or getting more money for products? Do you CHOOSE to play the island event or focus on your main farm? Do you CHOOSE to fill the boat or send it on it's way only 2/3's full? Oh, yeah, no choice there.

I think the island was way cool, both in it's execution and idea. As a level 35 player though, I was tall enough to ride that ride, but not tall enough to enjoy it. So I basically CHOSE not to invest my time in it this time around. I grew some oranges to trade for seashells and called it a day. I realized pretty quickly that I could bankrupt my main farm trying to build the island one and that was a CHOICE I decided against.

So guys, do me a solid. Let me CHOOSE to send the ship on it's way only partly full. For a midlevel player, the ship's bonuses make a huge difference. Being able to send it back and forth quickly should be an option. Please sign me up for an "anchors aweigh" button. Thanx.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 16.08.2014
    anifromid wrote: »
    So guys, do me a solid. Let me CHOOSE to send the ship on it's way only partly full. For a midlevel player, the ship's bonuses make a huge difference. Being able to send it back and forth quickly should be an option. Please sign me up for an "anchors aweigh" button. Thanx.
    i can feel your pain..
    edited 17.08.2014
    if demolishing buildings gives shells, i am definitely demolishing buildings my last few days
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 17.08.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    if demolishing buildings gives shells, i am definitely demolishing buildings my last few days

You don't have to. Everything is automatically demolished an turned into shells when the event ends.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 17.08.2014
    You don't have to. Everything is automatically demolished an turned into shells when the event ends.
    Nafaru said it might be change but at the moment the buildings will not be automatically changed into shells. Your stock will be auto sold for shells though

As it stand most of my co-op intend demolishing all the buildings themselves for the extra shells.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 17.08.2014
    I doubt that, farmgirlmimi43! Where did you read that everything will be demolished for you to get shells for it in return?? Did not see such a message from the mods yet!
    IMO one has to (if he/she wants to) demolish all buildings on the island him/herself (untill we are told otherwise).

Edit: Oeps! Samty beat me to it! :)
  • carrianne9 (GB1)carrianne9 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 60
    edited 17.08.2014
    the ship is getting really annoying now a lot of lower level players haven't are not able to get their boats out because they haven't got the seeds so they cant make the dollars it also means the boat comes once a day. my hubby has already given up the game and i can see a lot more players leaving. even at higher levels the amount of fruit flutuates so you cannot prepare in advance
  • KuddlezKhanKuddlezKhan Posts: 5
    edited 17.08.2014
    I have a question...LOL Will the seashell trader get MORE shells for trading? I have spent him down to less than 300 shells already!
    edited 17.08.2014
    I have a question...LOL Will the seashell trader get MORE shells for trading? I have spent him down to less than 300 shells already!

I wish I knew what you meant because "only" 300 shells for seeds sounds good by now.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 17.08.2014
    The anchors away button would be awesome. yes please. Let me send it with what ever I have stocked it with.
    Get what I get and get him back again later.
  • AngieGamer71 (US1)AngieGamer71 (US1) Posts: 117
    edited 17.08.2014
    I don't understand why they wouldn't give you shells for buildings when the event is over. It would take 3 or 4 days to demolish it all, I guess have to figure out if demolishing buildings or making more product would be worth more shells.

I foolishly assumed it would work the same way the gourmet did, when they paid you for all buildings and stock when it was over.
    edited 17.08.2014
    I don't understand why they wouldn't give you shells for buildings when the event is over. It would take 3 or 4 days to demolish it all, I guess have to figure out if demolishing buildings or making more product would be worth more shells.

And that is precisely why they don't do it for us.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 17.08.2014
    As I understand we already get shells, when we build everything on the Island + rewards in building tasks.
    Not sure about the numbers: for example simple house for 15.000 dollars - 15 shells, silo 4 level - 6.500.000 - 13.000 shells.
    And I think that the final exchange island dollars for shells will not be better )

Demolishing can give us some extra shells, and if we want it, we must plan it and have time for it.
    That's why I don't hope much for auto compensation, but ... maybe, maybe ))
  • edited 17.08.2014
    Here is a chart I compiled to show yields, times and costs for all levels of the greenhouse.

Attachment not found.
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 18.08.2014
    Here is a chart I compiled to show yields, times and costs for all levels of the greenhouse.

Attachment not found.

Great work! Very helpful chart!
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 18.08.2014
    The last three ships have wanted in the vacinity of 2,000 melons, plus or minus 100. I do not know if it is coincidence, but each time I have had a bit over 2,000 melons in stock. Thus, I must ask this question, " Are we being penalised for being prepared to fully load the ship?"

A special melon seed is approx 300,000 shells to purchase. Three of them have cost me in the vacinity of a million shells. This represents many millions of converted farm cash and constant attention to the island farm. At this rate I could possibly fill the ship a few more times and then it will be the END of the bonus.

NOT IMPRESSED. Did I say that loud enough? ***NOT IMPRESSED***
    edited 18.08.2014
    regardless whether it is dona automatically, i am still demolishing the buildings on my owna couple days before the event ends that way I know it will be done
  • edited 18.08.2014
    Pameow wrote: »
    The last three ships have wanted in the vacinity of 2,000 melons, plus or minus 100. I do not know if it is coincidence, but each time I have had a bit over 2,000 melons in stock. Thus, I must ask this question, " Are we being penalised for being prepared to fully load the ship?"

A special melon seed is approx 300,000 shells to purchase. Three of them have cost me in the vacinity of a million shells. This represents many millions of converted farm cash and constant attention to the island farm. At this rate I could possibly fill the ship a few more times and then it will be the END of the bonus.

NOT IMPRESSED. Did I say that loud enough? ***NOT IMPRESSED***

YES! It will ask for more if you have more ready!!!

The more you have in stock, the more it asks for. This is why I think the production times of the fruits are shorter, to be able to grow them while the ship is there waiting. Have seeds in stock, but don't grow until they are asked for and you should be fine.
    16.jpg 36.7K
  • jaktjca (GB1)jaktjca (GB1) Posts: 10
    edited 18.08.2014
    For the special fruit, look very carefully at the screen when loading the ship - there are arrows on each side of the box for the special fruit so that you can choose one of three amounts of fruit. It does default to the highest amount if you have that in the bank. The amount of horseshoes is increased when the amount of fruit is increased and the opposite is true as well.
    Hope this helps.
    jak
  • MonkeyFarm (US1)MonkeyFarm (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 18.08.2014
    I feel a bit lost: the old ship set up was giving me too much money at level 25->30, I had >$700,000 and I could only spend ~$50,000 at each building/upgrade. The ship could easily replenish that in one trip. This left me wondering if the large $$ left over was an incentive to buy gold to rush production (so farm dollars didn't sit idle).

I just reached 30 today, and horseshoes for produce doesn't bother me--the reduced income makes me feel like I have to manage my farm dollars more carefully than I have for several levels. But putting my excess of farm dollars into the island farm now with a shared build timer? I can't really justify it--I'd rather put it into my permanent farms (permanent, with known rewards). I will produce orange fizzes from now until the end of the island event, but the shared build timer, unknown rewards and aversion to spending gold to rush things) creates a giant de-motivator for me right now.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 18.08.2014
    jaktjca3 wrote: »
    For the special fruit, look very carefully at the screen when loading the ship - there are arrows on each side of the box for the special fruit so that you can choose one of three amounts of fruit. It does default to the highest amount if you have that in the bank. The amount of horseshoes is increased when the amount of fruit is increased and the opposite is true as well.
    Hope this helps.
    jak

Yes it has helped thank you Jak. They ought to have said this in the official announcement. So now there is this obscure user interface, as well as the being organised penalty to be ***UNIMPRESSED*** about.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 18.08.2014
    Pameow wrote: »
    Yes it has helped thank you Jak. They ought to have said this in the official announcement. So now there is this obscure user interface, as well as the being organised penalty to be ***UNIMPRESSED*** about.
    It did say in the Official Announcement
    "For greenhouse goods slots, you may chose to give Barnacle one out of 3 different amounts - the amount of goods you give will also influence the amount of horseshoes you get back from him (the bonus for a completed shipment is not touched by this)."
    The amount of horseshoes per fruit is greater the higher amount you choose to give.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 18.08.2014

Attachment not found.

Great chart! Good for you!!! THANKS AlabasterGamer!
  • edited 18.08.2014
    jaktjca3 wrote: »
    Hope this helps.
    jak

I never saw that arrow...still don't since my boat is gone! Can't wait to check that feature out when it gets back now! Thanks!
  • Michele Leach (GB1)Michele Leach (GB1) GB1 Posts: 101
    edited 18.08.2014
    Can anyone tell me if the greenhouse is permanant or when the island goes or does it go as well
    Michele
Sign In to comment.