Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Island Farm!

Comments

• snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 14.08.2014
    And remember how much it cost to get those 1000 shells and how little you get for the limes. *Monty Python bunny*
  • legobego2x2legobego2x2 Posts: 4
    edited 14.08.2014
    so if your not doing the special seeds then the ship takes 12 hours to come back not 6 hours
    bummer !!!
    edited 14.08.2014
    so if your not doing the special seeds then the ship takes 12 hours to come back not 6 hours
    bummer !!!

No, it's the same as always, don't get even more stressed please! It waits six hours and then is away six hours. If you didn't have all the goods before and didn't want to produce or buy them, you always had to wait until time was out, nothing changed!
  • edited 14.08.2014
    No...the answer is YES :P
    He asks that if you do not have special seeds the ship is taking 12hours before returning....and that is true.
    edited 14.08.2014
    Please don't confuse this further. The person clearly thought something had CHANGED, which it has NOT.

You cannot know if the person was able to fill up the ship previously or not.

The time the ship is AWAY has and will be six hours.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 14.08.2014
    oh dear Its 242 limes,134 honeydew melons so will have to be on ball at computer if I can fill up. The reward is very poor re horse shoes I hope they are champion race horses that can put out to stud worth million to make bit profit horse worth 6 million. I have already spent that I feel like an idiot been drawn into island farm at cost of other farms/coop + cannot even fill ship BUYER BEWARE
  • BlueSkyesBlueSkyes Posts: 9
    edited 14.08.2014
    Where do we see how many seashells we have?
    edited 14.08.2014
    At main farm Man is hawaiie shirt. Click on him,in corner tells you how many shells you have You need 100s of 1000s for some seeds
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 14.08.2014
    BlueSkyes wrote: »
    Where do we see how many seashells we have?
    In your inventory. Click the green box then the chest. It's the same place as certificates, tools etc
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 14.08.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    No, it's the same as always, don't get even more stressed please! It waits six hours and then is away six hours. If you didn't have all the goods before and didn't want to produce or buy them, you always had to wait until time was out, nothing changed!

Yes - in short, the SHIP will take twelve hours, if you got NO special seeds, you can NOT grow any of the exotic fruits, the ship will sit in your port for 6hrs & be gone sailing 6 hrs = 12hrs for one docking :/
    I usually send away the ship within 2min-30min, depending on produce it asks for, most of time I keep extras just for that purpose .....now with the extra fruits - if you don't have them the ship will stay for full 6hrs ...bad idea, badly thought out idea by GGS :/
  • LandedGentry (US1)LandedGentry (US1) Posts: 41
    edited 14.08.2014
    The ship is docked and they want 198 Pineapples = 147 horse shoes and 249 Limes = 97 horse shoes.

I bought 1 regular pineapple seed and 1 regular lime seed just to see if I could use them.

I don't have access to the greenhouse in the building section yet I guess.

At what level do you get access to the greenhouse?

Nevermind.

I just realized the green house is in front of the farm.

Sorry.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 14.08.2014
    I have just 90 limes 2 hours to grow rest Not even halfway I do not know who came up with times. So expensive to Giving up Try next time
  • LandedGentry (US1)LandedGentry (US1) Posts: 41
    edited 14.08.2014
    How many horse shoes do we need for the horse farm?

I have 1,061.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 14.08.2014
    And you can check in your inventory how many seashells you have. And I thought there was another place, but I forgot.

We know nothing about the horse farm. We'll have to wait and see...
    edited 14.08.2014
    Lesley52 wrote: »
    I have just 90 limes 2 hours to grow rest Not even halfway I do not know who came up with times. So expensive to Giving up Try next time

Did you check the three other fruit? Limes are the cheapest! The melons they want from me cost ten times as much.
  • AllicynAllicyn Posts: 9
    edited 14.08.2014
    I agree with the 12 hours to be offered a new shipment for them to purchase. It will stay 6 hours and be gone 6 hours, I cannot fill it and am very disappointed, I haven't heard any positive things about this change today.
    edited 14.08.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    Did you check the three other fruit? Limes are the cheapest! The melons they want from me cost ten times as much.
    Yes the ship wanted the limes I could grow 324 in time allowed Also wanted melons I got stiff just waiting for timer,trying to jump between islands Will try again but think time should have been allowed to grow fruits Ask for this cargo on 2nd sailing
    edited 14.08.2014
    As slow as I am to upgrade things, the greenhouse probably has be upgraded before producing - even with the shorter time frames you then have to produce the fruit - since the amount asked for this first time was 3-4 harvests if upgraded and JUST a few items too few if you did not upgrade the greenhouse. No problem before, as you could afford to buy "just a few" missing items, but now you can't buy them.
  • SMRever (US1)SMRever (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 15.08.2014
    Once you have completed your chapter has anyone considered demolishing a few coops and replacing with fields to produce more oranges and orange fizzes? I see that you get 0 shells for demolishing though.
    edited 15.08.2014
    Now island wants 90,000 shells and sell 10,000 peacocks I have 359 shells Sold all my peacocks for shells for seeds to grow crops to give to ship for horse shoes??? Not doing rest,have 5 fields etc no money for the land These tasks are making this game a chore So I am just going to grow oranges to island goes. Will not play island next time it comes
  • FarmerBlack (US1)FarmerBlack (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 15.08.2014
    Chapter 1 - Task 5 side quests:
    -Produce 100 Peacock feed (reward: 500 Peacocks)
    -Own 5 Island Fields level 2 (reward: 100 Tropical fallen leaves + 5 Premium Island humus + 7,500 Seashells)

Chapter 2 - Task 1 side quests:
    -Own Island Silo level 3 (reward: 400 Island Dung + 20 Premium Island fertilizer)
    -Have 1 Lemur pen level 1 (reward: 50 Lemur feed)

As for the money received from the ship, I have only filled the top 4 spots (no tropical fruit) twice today, and have found similar cash results to what I would expect from only 2/3 the slots I used to fill. That said, the cash loss from the old ship version is hitting me hard, since the departure wait creates a loss of an entire shipment and I only get 2/3 from those I do get, which calculates to a loss of 56% revenue from my daily shipping. And with the Island farm's insatiable cash appetite, that's not working out so well. A forced departure button would definitely help bring those profits up a bit, but I think GG is using it as an incentive for us to grow the Tropical Fruits, and thus use the Island Farm and Greenhouse.
  • mimipony2mimipony2 Posts: 4
    edited 15.08.2014
    Does anyone know the step 3 4 and 5 in chapter 3?
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 15.08.2014
    this board is not getting updated anymore?
    what are the next steps in chapter 3? anyone knows?
  • Ellen2132 (NL1)Ellen2132 (NL1) Posts: 96
    edited 15.08.2014
    Can't wait to see what is coming in chapter 3.
    I'm not there yet, but I always like to work in advance....
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 15.08.2014
    SMRever wrote: »
    Once you have completed your chapter has anyone considered demolishing a few coops and replacing with fields to produce more oranges and orange fizzes? I see that you get 0 shells for demolishing though.

It does say 0 but you do actually get shells for demolishing stuff.
    I got 60 for a level 1 field and 450 for a level 2 lemur pen.
    edited 15.08.2014
    A few people mentioned they do that as their strategy, and a mod posted that you should get shells for demolishing, giving four examples, saying it's a display bug?
    edited 15.08.2014
    Now island wants 90,000 shells and sell 10,000 peacocks I have 359 shells Sold all my peacocks for shells for seeds to grow crops to give to ship for horse shoes??? Not doing rest,have 5 fields etc no money for the land These tasks are making this game a chore So I am just going to grow oranges to island goes. Will not play island next time it comes

Hello Lesley - you gotta be careful, what you keep and what you sell on the Island, since it takes time to build up specific produce or animals there. If you look on very first page of this Thread , Manish posted all the expected tasks for the first two Chapters of the Book.
    Sorry, but before you sold your birds - you should have looked up, what will be next. It would have been worth it to miss one ship, for completing the first Chapter = getting the Sand castle deco (the first one) and a nice seashell payout for task5 (Sell 10,000 peacocks,Collect 90,000 shells) is 450, 000 shells :(

ouuuuch ...
    It does say 0 but you do actually get shells for demolishing stuff.
    I got 60 for a level 1 field and 450 for a level 2 lemur pen.

well this is not much help , lol
    Sooo, lets do quick calculations Lvl1 field costs 20k : 60shells = $ 333/per shell
    Lvl2 Lemurs cost total of 210k : 450shells = $ 466/per shell

No constant rate, which means the demo "seems" all glitchy, I be demoing some buildings as well to complete diff tasks too - but not counting on making decent return in shells....which brings me to my fave point. Leftover $$$ on Island might be worth very little :/
  • mrbond855mrbond855 Posts: 23
    edited 15.08.2014
    step 3: produce 240 tropic stars - harvest 2000 mangoes

step 4: collect 5,000 bananas and 15,000 dung
    mimipony2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the step 3 4 and 5 in chapter 3?
    edited 15.08.2014
    I sold peacocks,lemurs for shells I had used shells to buy 2 ornaments so needed shells to buy seeds for the fruits In 20 mins will send out 1st full ship in 36 hours Used to fill 3 a day
    edited 15.08.2014
    I sold peacocks,lemurs for shells I had used shells to buy 2 ornaments so needed shells to buy seeds for the fruits In 20 mins will send out 1st full ship in 36 hours Used to fill 3 a day

well, then this is your strategy Lesley, dear.....
    a lot of us are not buying decos, since they big, oversized & you will get the Sand Castles for every completed chapter for free :)
    I'm saving all my seashells for seeds, I did spend some now , yesterday to start growing the greenhouse fruit, but the rest is still of the Island produce is not sold = not my Lemurs , not my made drinks ;)
    Towards the end of the Event I will decide, if I desire the Oasis deco or will, let it go & keep shells for extra seeds .... we might find extra info next two weeks, as what will the prices be on Horse Ranch (we might, need a lot of horseshoes, not sure).....
This discussion has been closed.