Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Reportable or not?

Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
I just had an issue with a member of my coop repeatedly calling people of a certain country names. This person did not speak English well, so I'm pretty sure there was a translation error and they said donkey instead of the swear synonym. They even went so far as to message me after I booted them specifically for said offense.

Is this reportable, or is the non-use of an actual swear preventing reportability?
Post edited by Wildcard999 on

Comments

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 03.08.2014
    I would first try to mesage the person you have problems with to clear out if its a translation error and explain the situation. If that solves the problem, I do not see any reason to report it. If accusations repeat you can still report him. Comunication throught internet is very confusing itself as it lacks body language (the way we say something can be more inportant than what we accualy say) and if person does not know language too well many misunderstanding can happen.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 03.08.2014
    It's not a translation issue. This is a definite intent to slur people. The person accused me of being 'with them' and also said they aren't a country because his country doesn't 'recognize' them. Pretty clear what the intent is here. I tried to get this person to respect the rules about being nice to people and they insisted on not only continuing the rant in the shoutbox, but then messaging me after I booted them and then finding my WWW account and messaging that one as well. They're determined to spread their hate.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 03.08.2014
    In that case it is definitely report-able. I had one of these 'princesses' before as well who said that their country rocks and other countries (mine specifically for imo lousy reasons and just cultural differences) ****. Clearly had different kind of raising by her parents than I and could not handle somebody not treating her like she was the queen and should get anything she wanted. Anyway, I cannot handle those unfair situations very well so she went on ignore instantly and reported (even though it was on the forums and support told me to tell the community managers at which point I just let it be.)
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 03.08.2014
    I just find it appalling that people really act this way!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 03.08.2014
    Appalling is exactly the right word here, maxiroy!

Wildcard: REPORTABLE! And I wish you much strenght in loosing/shaking off this individual!
  • Prince Krishna2Prince Krishna2 Posts: 228
    edited 03.08.2014
    reportable
    edited 03.08.2014
    Okay, thanks guys. It seems like you'd also suggest leaving this person's name off the traveler list I'm planning on creating, huh? I know I wouldn't want them in my coop. Oh, and this person has been taught to hate that country because of the centuries-long war they've been fighting. It's not a princess thing, it's a war propaganda thing. It's still terrible and bound to insult a large number of people since many are connected to this other country.
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 03.08.2014
    i am hardcore conservative but dont believe in dragging politics or religion into what is meant to be a fun game.i wouldnt put up with it either.your right in reporting them if you do.
    edited 03.08.2014
    Thanks Dragon. And you're right.

Btw, I'm a liberal and I think animals are delicious too. I just feel there are some animals you don't eat. Like pets. I'll never get why anyone would make their kid slaughter a pet, even if that pet happened to be a pig.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 03.08.2014
    when I was little girl ,my step father killed my pet rabbit so we could have meat on Sunday. I still dont eat rabbits for me that is pet. Love chicken, breast only My family is muilti cultural so I don,t like racial,homophobic or sexist insults .This is a game Supposed to be fun place where you come,relax away from the real world. For the real world to invade this private place with these comments is wrong and needs to be reported.
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 03.08.2014
    People who are so prejudicial and narrow minded are just hell bent on being mean and nasty no matter where they are... the grocery store... the drive thru lines... the P.O...Facebook.....the family event.....even on a fun game like Big Farm. I have a multi-ethnic background and my grandchildren are multi-racial and it saddens me to see how some people are so intolerant of others and of their feelings, Wild is correct when he states it is centuries long of indoctrination of these attitudes. One would think that being anonymous on the game would lessen the incident of such crude behavior. Some people just can not stop spewing their hate....what a shame! Sorry you had to experience this Wild... you did the right thing in reporting.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 04.08.2014
    would there be a problem with posting part of what they said "blocking out the most offensive words" with there name here?, i know you would not do it, but it may make people start thinking about what they are saying
    edited 04.08.2014
    That's terrible, Lesley. I don't get that, I really don't.

And I agree. This is a game. For fun. Mostly for kids. Why ruin it with needless, narrow-minded, ignorant hate?

I haven't actually reported it yet. I need time and energy for that and weekends aren't really good for me. I figured I'd get opinions first and then decide what to do, come Monday. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Kbahr, naming and shaming isn't allowed, so yes, there is something wrong with doing that. I can post a censored copy of the convo for people's edification, but I'd really rather you guys not have to read it too.

If the mods feel like locking, go ahead.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 04.08.2014
    I understand, that which is why i said that, but until people are forced to realize that there are consequences, they will continue doing it without caring who they hurt.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 04.08.2014
    It's not a translation issue. This is a definite intent to slur people. The person accused me of being 'with them' and also said they aren't a country because his country doesn't 'recognize' them. Pretty clear what the intent is here. I tried to get this person to respect the rules about being nice to people and they insisted on not only continuing the rant in the shoutbox, but then messaging me after I booted them and then finding my WWW account and messaging that one as well. They're determined to spread their hate.

In that case, I also find it reportable, esspecially because this person shows thendency to repeat its actions.
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 04.08.2014
    Probably to many paint chips as a kid, i would just boot the player (as you did) and be done with it..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file