Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Comments

• roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 30.07.2014
    I have several questions and I have not seen any info in regards to it them in any of the "teaser" info sheets given to us. My questions are: 1. When we are on the island farm doing our chores etc for Johnny will we be able to go back and forth to our main farm at will to tend to it or are we locked into the new farm? 2. If we can go back and forth at will and stay on the main farm for any length of time or take a day or two off the game will we need new certificates for travel back to the island farm again? Sorry if I missed any info concerning these questions. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    edited 31.07.2014
    I have a few questions.
    1) After the 30 days and we lose our buildings, will we get some compensation for them (Like additional shells or something)?
    2) After the 30 days, what kind of island-dollars-to-shells conversion are we talking about? A rough rate is fine, I'd just rather know if it's like 1,000 per shell, or 1,000,000 per shell.
    3) Are the chapter tasks reset each time?

My strategy would change drastically, depending on the answers to these.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 31.07.2014
    For certs they say not many are needed, I have around 1300 and need 1200 for the machines. I want to do the worker upgrade as soon as I can because I need the men, will it be less than 100 certs to unlock the airport and do we need the certs for anything else?
  • ganesh_tganesh_t Posts: 28
    edited 31.07.2014
    What is the benefit the farmers are going to get by building iland farm ???? They have to spend dollers in return what they are going to get???? It is a million dollars question????
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 31.07.2014
    ganesh_t wrote: »
    What is the benefit the farmers are going to get by building iland farm ???? They have to spend dollers in return what they are going to get???? It is a million dollars question????

most important is the sand castle decos i think they will probably have same or higher value of event main prizes, and if so then a +78 deco even worth alot considering how much it cost to get same happiness from telescope event, so i think this will be an alternate to that since everyone was tired of teles.

aside from that i think this event is mainly for high level players, specially if the "build" be same for all 4 farms, which i think is a good idea cause game gets boring at high levels and there's not much use to $ aside from dumping on tele event either anyway.
    for low level players it still will have benefits ofc at least same as major events like fairy tale, etc, but probably not as good as for high level players, since putting everything on hold for build on 3 main farms for a month, will probably not be a very good idea > example. dropping behind in upgrading main stuff such as windmill etc while leveling up and raising the difficulty of major events.

so in short yep i think this event most benefits high level players and even though it might be a bummer at first for low level players, but trust me if you reach higher levels u would beg for some event like this, since $ gets almost useless (unless for tele event = deco) and build is not that busy anymore anyway. so dont be too disappointed if this was right, just do some actions in tropical island get some reward(if not best reward even at first, still its some prize even with level 1 buildings which shouldnt take that long to build on tropical island as it seems) and some in main farm, till u reach higher levels and can go further in this event, since itll be back every now and then again anyway.

p.s.1 i dont think the number of certificates needed for unlocking airport be more than 200 certificate really, since they mentioned it shall not take more than handful of missions. so i suggest stop worrying guys and lets look forward to this update, we can always give our feedbacks about it afterward if something was awfully wrong anyway (same as the feedback we gave about bakery, nothing might be perfect at first anyway)

p.s.2 also since there's 3 chapters and 3 different happiness sand castles, if you are a low level player and couldnt finish chapter 2 or 3 for example, dont get disappointed, think about it same as other events, as how even if you were able to do master difficulty event at level 30 for example, you would hardly be able(almost impossible) to finish it anyway. so rather just get as much as could, and focus on all 4 farms, not just the temporary one in the 1 month since build will be same for all 4 most probably (i suggest avoid upgrading to too high level buildings or spending too much $ on temporary island if you are low level, try to rather balance the spending and gains on tropical island with the other events and their gains as you slowly level up)
    what i mean by this is, for example see how much you're normally willing to spend on telescope event with your level, and try to not go much higher than that in your spending on the tropical island, since if you do, its same as if you cant upgrade your 3mil windmill while spending 20mil on getting a high value telescope = which is not feasible at all or optimum at all if you are low level.

p.s.3 and at last about shells and their exchange for "seeds or 4 normal island decos", as i suspect the normal decos wont be of much use for high level players who may spend crazy amount of $ on the island since their happiness value will not be as high as for example major event prizes most probably, so my guess is:

1- if you are at a level that not much care about $ and rather just want to get the highest value sand castle > chapter 3> then best is to exchange shell for seeds, now ofc the seeds will most probably not get u as much $ as u spent but special seeds have other uses for high level players too = using in other events to get collectibles instead of planting continuous 5 min corn(which is very frustrating at high levels and master difficulty events), so for high level players optimum prizes will most probably be "mainly" the last sand castle and some bonus seeds.
    2- while for medium/low level players instead of seeds, the normal decos might be more useful, imagine if for example u need to make many enchanted trees (+33 value happiness, 150k cost), this way you can rather get other decos with shells based on the amount u spent + first and maybe second sand castle, so for medium/low level players optimum prizes will most probably be normal decos for shells and the first 2 chapters sand castles.
    (since the third one might need alot effort and money and most probably it will have higher value than even +78 i assume = harder than master difficulty events = very costly if be bought in telescope = not optimum to spend that much in low/medium levels)

p.s.4 dear nafaru or latten, make corrections plz if i made too huge mistakes in my guesses :D

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • geogur (US1)geogur (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 31.07.2014
    sounds good to me
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 31.07.2014
    one thing I would like to see is there is a drop box now, there should be a special island drop box
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 31.07.2014
    Alex_mosu wrote: »
    I have just one question: will we be able to build simultaneously on one regular farm and temporary farm?

the event is 30 days long, and things must be built quickly.. does this put our regular farms on hold for 30 days?
    for low-level players (the event is available from level 30, if I understood correctly) this rule of one-building-at-the-time would be a total disaster...
    Jiesta wrote: »
    If you can manage 3 farms at the same time, then why not 4? - it's just another challenge added to the game!

the first 3 farms are permanent. but the 4th is temporary. using the same construction time that you could use on the first 3 farms for buildings that will be erased couple of weeks later.. doesn't sounds logic to me... :(
    plus, we manage 3 farms at level 100.. but what about a level 30 player? how easy it is for he/she to manage 2 farms simultaneously, two sets of building demands?

of course, there are rewards.. but what about the common sense? does GGS have that? :)
  • Lokesh10Lokesh10 Posts: 1
    edited 31.07.2014
    update coming soon
    very excited now
    can't wait
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 31.07.2014
    I'm very sorry, guys :(

We still found way more bugs than we'd like to find, so we moved the update to monday. I hope that's in your best interest as well.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 31.07.2014
    As always.. better to wait the necesarry extra time, than get a update filled with known bugs and problems. :)
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 31.07.2014
    I'm disappointed about the delay, but glad GGS is taking the time to gets the bugs out before the update.

And it will be nice to finish the Asia event before turning my attention to the new features, so overall the delay is probably a good thing from my perspective. :)
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 31.07.2014
    Thanks for not just updating it anyway with bugs - better a more stable update than one that potentially takes a lot of extra maintenances and fixing! ^-^
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 31.07.2014
    Better without bugs, but......:(
  • Margitorix (SKN1)Margitorix (SKN1) Posts: 87
    edited 31.07.2014
    As allways the same excuse for not delivering how about checking for bugs and have the program ready before blowing the horn for the next great update and then gives us the date ;(
  • twentfore (US1)twentfore (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 31.07.2014
    Hi,

I am excited as well as a little apprehensive about the Island update.

Excited in the fact of getting to discover what new features will be available to players of BigFarm.

Apprehensive because the server may be down for a couple of hours to perform this update all the while there is an Asian Theme going on. :(

Twentfore
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 31.07.2014
    Well, on Monday the Asian Event should be finished :)
  • twentfore (US1)twentfore (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 31.07.2014
    Hi,

Amazing how the folks at GGS decided to announce this postponement at the end of their major announcement thread instead of creating a new one. Kinda makes me look like I'm a fool for posting my earlier post. :(

Twentfore
  • FarmerMomelliotFarmerMomelliot Posts: 7
    edited 31.07.2014
    How many certificates do we need?
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 31.07.2014
    Well I am disappointed to say the least but I would rather have GGS get the "bugs" fixed before we start. In the meantime I will be able to do some more missions to get more certificates and finish the Asian Event to boot! So my friends see you on Monday on the Island!
    Happy Farming!
  • aishwarya6aishwarya6 Posts: 4
    edited 31.07.2014
    8):Di am very very excited about the island farm
  • garrett355garrett355 Posts: 13
    edited 31.07.2014
    Will the airport come out right when the event starts or before?
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 31.07.2014
    So... there's an island bar without pina coladas?

What.

But yes, less bugs please. And also, I don't know if it's something that happened in the last few days but the game's been pretty laggy; will the update affect this?
  • lucy822lucy822 Posts: 89
    edited 31.07.2014
    I asked earlier up on the thread but i still have no idea - will it reset after 30 days and we start again or is this a once only event?
  • FarmerJojoBell3FarmerJojoBell3 Posts: 48
    edited 31.07.2014
    lucy822 wrote: »
    I asked earlier up on the thread but i still have no idea - will it reset after 30 days and we start again or is this a once only event?

It resets after 30 days and we start all over again.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 31.07.2014
    lucy822 wrote: »
    It will finish after 30 days and the event will run again at a later date but not immediately after
  • mollya3mollya3 Posts: 25
    edited 31.07.2014
    While on the island will we still be able to manage our farms back home? Just wondering how it might effect projects and such if we are out of touch with home.
  • edited 01.08.2014
    I'm thinking you will just click on the airport and go back home again. It won't bother projects at all!

The airport needs to be unlocked at the beginning of each 30 days time slot. But once it is unlocked, you should be able to use it to travel between farms just like we click on the little signs to go to the gourmet and flower farms is my guess. Seems logical to me anyway. I guess we'll find out for sure. But I do know we will be playing our regular farms as normal, just adding this too it. It is an addition, not a replacement. 8)
  • usedoldboat (US1)usedoldboat (US1) Posts: 14
    edited 01.08.2014
    Delay to fix bugs is fine - no prob!! BUT - could you at least tell us how many certs to open airport or even under some number so we can continue to upgrade our tractors and know we will have enough???
  • SusanPlayer99SusanPlayer99 Posts: 7
    edited 01.08.2014
    Can't wait - it sounds like fun!
Sign In to comment.