Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Comments

• snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 14.08.2014
    BesjeB wrote: »
    Nobody knows what the horseshoes are worth, so nobody can say that they are a too expensive or worthless.

....or does somebody knows something I don't know? :love:

Right now, you can only guestimate their comparative value via what the ship used to pay for goods before - although I'm sure someone calculated how many dollars we expended to go via island buildings and goods to shells to seeds to horseshoes.
  • iwanawin1iwanawin1 Posts: 1
    edited 14.08.2014
    What exactly is the point of this new farm. Are we just spending our much needed cash and building time to get things from the trader. If so seems like a waste unless you already have all other farms complete.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 14.08.2014
    I figured out the values. The Fortress is 5x4 and worth 68 Happiness. The Sand Palace is 5x5 and worth 90. So the worth of 90 is greater than the 74 or 78 you can achieve through a normal event. Since I don't buy gold, it would be nice to pick up a 90 Happiness deco, thought I admit, even at level 124 and with good resources to pump out cash, it is looking like it will be a bridge too far. It will be interesting to see, because as a top 100 farm, if I can't do it without gold, then in all honesty it will be clearly too hard and should be adjusted.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 14.08.2014
    With my level 82 farm, I've finished the first book and earned the 4x4 deco, and there are still almost 3 weeks to go in the event. I haven't spent gold, and my farm dollars are limited to what my 3 partially-completed farms can generate every day. There's another player in my co-op in the 70's who is farther along - I think she's partway through book 2 already. So I don't think it's too difficult. Even though I may not complete all 3 books this time, next time the island event appears my other 3 farms will have better production capacity and I'll be better able to support the costs of the island farm. It's great! And I hope GGS doesn't make it easier. Some of us do like a challenge.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 14.08.2014
    I am not advocating for an "easy" event. I simply think every challenge should be do-able without gold. I have most of the non-gold resources a person could want.....fully upgraded flower shops and so on. I am not even saying that it isn't do-able. I watch other players and know a lot of other players. I am just saying, I know my relative strength is extremely high, and if I don't manage it, then very, very, very few will.......too few. Certainly, I have never advocated for ease, and have actually been ridiculed before for supporting measures that made the game harder, such as taking away the perfect happiness score, that made lots of things free. So to try to put me in the camp for making things too easy just doesn't make sense. I am for hard challenges, just fair, acheive-able ones. I don't know if I'll make it, but I will give it my all, which is quite considerable. I was only suggesting that I think that even with 22 days left, and being part way into Chapter 2, as I look at the chart of whats left, it does seem like a very steep hill to climb. But if it can be done without gold, I will achieve it.
  • Mad Bunny (IN1)Mad Bunny (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,585
    edited 16.08.2014
    How much time would be there between 2 island events ?
  • edited 16.08.2014
    BesjeB wrote: »
    @Snork and @JojoBell
    Like Griffith says, it is becoming more and more expensive and there is no way to avoid this.
    I am at the second task of chapter 2.
    You need all buildings (excapt for the Bananafield), 5 fields, 2x Mango, 2x coconut, 4x peacock and I have 9x deco and 8 houses.
    To fit this all on you farm, you have to buy at least 13 plots....costs: $ 9.600.000
    This is for the land only!
    I am not talking about the costs for production or the buildings and upgrades....only the land.

To do it with less isn't possible, because you need to place these buildings according to the tasks.

How I spend $ 40.000.000 ?
    Farm house level 4
    Bank level 7
    17 plots
    8 simple houses level 4
    ...etc etc.

I'm at the same spot, task two in chapter 2. Yes, there is "a way to avoid this". I don't need all those buildings adn upgrades to do it! I don't need to spend 40 Million. The island event doesn't require all of that, it is a choice to spend all of that and get the shells for doing those particlaur tasks. Everyone has their own playing style. I'm currently at 10.3 million transferred/converted. I'm a level 62.

Yes, the island is super expensive, no matter what. But, not so bad for those way up in levels. Which was one of the main reasons they put the island out...

I've demolished a mango orchard, then rebuilt it later. Did the same with peacock coops, and two of my fields. Didn't rebuild one field and coop, but put the workers elsewhere after that. I rotate my same workers allover the place. I'll probably have 3 mango orchards at some point and one less field for a little bit too, whatever is necessary to complete the chapters! I don't see a need to buy more than my next plot of land at 2.5M (at least right now). And, that won't likely be until chapter 3. It is cheaper to demolish and rebuild, then to buy more land. it's just the way I play!
    edited 16.08.2014
    I've been meaning to demolish the hummus yard, since those 3 workers would add up to allow me something more profitable but I keep wondering if I should keep it since there's poop either way and I need loads of produce. Where are the calculators able to tell over which period of time this measly hummus production facility is better or worse than e.g. a second mango orchard?
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 17.08.2014
    So it's 30 days -about 9 or 10 hours event, not full 30 days? I somehow assumed 30 days would be 30 days even though theme events are also bit under a week.
  • edited 17.08.2014
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    So it's 30 days -about 9 or 10 hours event, not full 30 days? I somehow assumed 30 days would be 30 days even though theme events are also bit under a week.

There are still currently 17+ days left in the event... Where is it you are seeing 9-10 hours? Or are you saying it is 29 days and 14 hours long of an event? If you hover over the timer, you will see the time displayed is actually what will make it a full 30 days start to finish. The hour count is there.

Snork2 - I would say that it is worth it to keep the island composter...to a certain extent. When you have to grow thousands of grapes & peanuts for chapter tasks, that hummus really comes in handy!! If you think you already have enough hummus to last awhile though, I could see getting rid of it now and rebuilding it later on when you need it again.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 17.08.2014
    Or are you saying it is 29 days and 14 hours long of an event? If you hover over the timer, you will see the time displayed is actually what will make it a full 30 days start to finish. The hour count is there.
    I'm saying it's ~29 days 14 hours (not sure exactly when it started, but it was morning here.) Hovering over the timer is what suggests to me it will end not morning, but the previous evening/night (my time).

Edit: looking back this thread it seems to have started little before 10.00 my time and it's ending 22.00 so it would actually be 29 days 12 hours and few minutes.
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 17.08.2014
    Fun in the beginning but not so much now. The island is getting ridiculous with the long wait times and increasingly demanding tasks. :(
  • FarmerJojoBell3FarmerJojoBell3 Posts: 48
    edited 17.08.2014
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    I'm saying it's ~29 days 14 hours (not sure exactly when it started, but it was morning here.) Hovering over the timer is what suggests to me it will end not morning, but the previous evening/night (my time).

Mine would be exactly 30 days, on my US game, which is the only one I am playing the island on. Maybe it started at different times on different servers... I'm quite certain it was as soon as the update had finished that the event started. Which, the update may have been finished at a different time on my server than yours... I don't know.

When I started playing the island, it had already been about two hours since the event had started... The time read 29 days and 21+ hours when I first looked (don't remember exact minutes). I was mad at myself for oversleeping sleep that day, so it stuck in my head...

It had to have the full 30 days on the US server at least. This would've have put start time as soon as the update was scheduled to be finished for me.

Hopefully those few missing hours on yours don't hinder your gameplay too much! Good luck with the island!
    edited 17.08.2014
    There are still currently 17+ days left in the event... Where is it you are seeing 9-10 hours? Or are you saying it is 29 days and 14 hours long of an event? If you hover over the timer, you will see the time displayed is actually what will make it a full 30 days start to finish. The hour count is there.

Snork2 - I would say that it is worth it to keep the island composter...to a certain extent. When you have to grow thousands of grapes & peanuts for chapter tasks, that hummus really comes in handy!! If you think you already have enough hummus to last awhile though, I could see getting rid of it now and rebuilding it later on when you need it again.

I have no hummus at all, because with only one orchard it takes too long. But if I demolish it to build another orchard, I suddenly will have enough leaves for it (no, I can't afford another piece of land). An O.Henry story.

ETA: ha, ha, ha ... I already have way too many peacocks now, read the task list many times and still mixed up the numbers *destroys coops*

ETA: peacock coop level 1 -> 75 shells upon destruction. Please chime in with yours.
  • br549 (US1)br549 (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 18.08.2014
    Will our buildings being converted to shell value when the 30 days are up or do we have to demolish everything ourselves the week before?
  • edited 18.08.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    I have no hummus at all, because with only one orchard it takes too long. But if I demolish it to build another orchard, I suddenly will have enough leaves for it (no, I can't afford another piece of land). An O.Henry story.

ETA: ha, ha, ha ... I already have way too many peacocks now, read the task list many times and still mixed up the numbers *destroys coops*

ETA: peacock coop level 1 -> 75 shells upon destruction. Please chime in with yours.

lol, yea, thats me! No more land! My next piece is 2.5M and I think I can finish without ever buying it.

I currently have zero peacocks, two level 2 mangos, and a level 2 coconut. I still have my composter. The only reason being, it will only give me 3 more workers. Anything I build right now, takes more than 3 workers...

Got 3 lemurs right now, they'll be gone after the next task though I think. Got to get those peacocks back again for the 1st task of chapter 3!

I should've thought about keeping track of the shells as I demolished things. I haven't yet, but I will now.

Anybody know what the last task of chapter 3 is???? I've got all the others written down, but can't find the last one listed anywhere... ?(
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 18.08.2014
    Anybody know what the last task of chapter 3 is???? I've got all the others written down, but can't find the last one listed anywhere... ?(
    Spreadsheet for Island chapters and their tasks

There are even more spreadsheets for the Island and Greenhouse at Larino's Corner
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 19.08.2014
    Hello hello,
    viif39 wrote: »
    How much time would be there between 2 island events ?

It's hard to tell how often the event will happen. We will have to evaluate that ourselves after a couple of runs.
    For now, we plan to start temporary farm events every 4-6 weeks. Hoever, this could change even after this tun of the event ends. It's not set in stone and we like to keep a little variety and the element of surprise. ;)
    br5492 wrote: »
    Will our buildings being converted to shell value when the 30 days are up or do we have to demolish everything ourselves the week before?

Buildings are not going to be converted by the end of the event. So if you would like to demolish your buildings before the event ends, feel free to do so. Remember, though, that you will also miss out on further goods produced in these buildings and hence shells for both the production process and the goods you create. ;)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 19.08.2014
    So--as we demolish buildings we get shells?
  • edited 19.08.2014
    cedie32 wrote: »
    So--as we demolish buildings we get shells?

Yes, you'll get shells for demolishing the buildings. You could be making shells while using the buildings too. But, if you do not have the money to continue running the buildings, you can demolish them and get what shells you can for them instead of just losing them after the 30 days are up.
  • pokergenpokergen Posts: 4
    edited 20.08.2014
    I agree its not worth doing for me. I spent money that i could hav used on my other farms.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 20.08.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Remember, though, that you will also miss out on further goods produced in these buildings and hence shells for both the production process and the goods you create. ;)

Regards,
    Steffi

And so what?
    The Island farm is so expensive to run for my level 62 farm on the us server, that I don't want to produce more than absolutly necesarry to do the chapters. I now have done the chapter one, But I don't think it's possible for my us farm to do more chapters this time, because I also have a lot of other task to do upbuilding the permanent farms.

On my level 110 skn farm where I have millions of dollars I can donate to the Island farm, it's another talk, maybe I there will continue produce all what I can until the last minute, but I'm not sure for that yet.

IMO it would have been more fair, if the prices to build up and run the Island farm, have been regular after the players level, so also player from level 30 and up have a change to do at least chapter 1 and 2.

And yes, I now it's a free choice to do the Island or not... or is it?
    The new ship wants special fruits which we only can get by buy the special seed for shells, and the shells we only can get from the Island farm.
    If a player can't deliver the special fruits to the ship, that player can loose 1 or 2 ships every day (compared with before the new ship), because the ship waits for the fruit in 6 hour.
    - free to do the Island or not? hmmmm.... free to have the same numbers of ships as before or not whould be the same argument IMO
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 21.08.2014
    Buildings are not going to be converted by the end of the event. So if you would like to demolish your buildings before the event ends, feel free to do so. Remember, though, that you will also miss out on further goods produced in these buildings and hence shells for both the production process and the goods you create. ;)

Regards,
    Steffi[/QUOTE]

Steffi- Could we get a more clear/definite answer in regards to the island buildings after the 30 days are up? If the island will be reset after the 30 days, does this mean everything will go back to the way it was in the beginning where we had just the bar/bank/house? I know that all of the stock/inventory will be sold off ans we will get shells for that and any money left over will be converted to shells as well. So what happens to the fields/orchards/animals/productions/houses and decorations? I know they will be torn down but will we be getting shells for the demo?

If GGS won't be demolishing the buildings for us and giving us shells for the fields/orchards/animals/productions/houses and decorations will there be an extended time or could there be an extended time to do this ourselves? It would take some days for some players to completely demo all of these items in order to get the shells for them.

Could it be that if/when the island does return, the way our island's are setup now we will be getting that same setup again when it does return? I would just like to have a better understanding of the process regarding the 30 days.

Thanks
    edited 21.08.2014
    EnochNock
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey rie222,

I'm pretty sure this has been stated before, maybe not as unambiguous as I will put it now:

Everything on the island farm will be reset after 30 days: all buildings - even premium, all purchased land plots, decorations, bank and cocktail bar, as well as the airport.

Hey Dara15,

the wait for the greenhouse won't be long - it will be in one of the next updates. :D

Regards,
    Steffi
    That seems pretty definitive to me :(

(my bold)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 21.08.2014
    Since it is stated in various blogs that tearing down buildings gives out shells, I will be testing that out to find out for myself how accurate that is after i complete my current construction

Also is there a need to get moody when quoting people?
    edited 22.08.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    Since it is stated in various blogs that tearing down buildings gives out shells, I will be testing that out to find out for myself how accurate that is after i complete my current construction

Of course it's accurate, people like me reported back with numbers, and just two posts above this was a re-quote of Steffi saying you get shells. No testing necessary, but I think we should collect the numbers of shells if they don't fix the display bug soon.
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 22.08.2014
    i am done with the island i have a ton of seeds and alot of horse shoes and don't need the island anymore for the 15 days and i also have 600,000 dollars in the island farm with that be wasted if i don't spend that 600,000
    edited 22.08.2014
    pizza1235 wrote: »
    .... i also have 600,000 dollars in the island farm with that be wasted if i don't spend that 600,000
    From the official thread called Announcement - Teaser: the temporary island farm!
    And what happens after 30 days are over and the event ends?

As soon as the event ends, all goods you harvested and stored in your farm management of the island farm will be sold automatically. Island dollars will be converted to a new reward currency.
    So leftover Island Dollars will be turned into shells (which weren't revealed at that point so are referred to as 'new reward currency')
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 22.08.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    From the official thread called Announcement - Teaser: the temporary island farm! So leftover Island Dollars will be turned into shells (which weren't revealed at that point so are referred to as 'new reward currency')
    thank you so much samty :)
  • geogur (US1)geogur (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 22.08.2014
    Dont feel bad, i spent 85 million and am just starting book two task five.Don't think I will get all the way through the final book in 13 days.It really does take a huge amount of cash and time.
Sign In to comment.