Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 07.08.2014
    My early strategies have been to upgrade the bank (to get it to lvl 6 only cost about 2000 gold in speed ups) and to have 3 islands fields lvl 1. Still waiting to finished the fizz task.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 07.08.2014
    Hello everybody,
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Do the chapters reset as well? I know the island itself does, but if you can't finish e.g. chapter 2, but you've done chapter 1, will your progress save for next time? Or are you doomed to make overly expensive orange fizz for eternity?

Yes, chapters will reset as well, so you will get another chance to win the chapter 1 deco in the next event. :)
    connerk2 wrote: »
    Anyways, do the shells carry over?

Yes, shells carry over. Everything stored in your regular farms' inventories will stay.
    Has anyone else noticed that it costs more Island Dollars per Shell to make Fizz than it does to just sell the Oranges outright? I even added in the 50,000 shells as a reward for the quest step and still come out cheaper for raw ingredients. I haven't gotten to the other items or recipes yet, but I suspect they will be the same. I even compensated for happiness levels with no change in results.

This sounds interesting. Which level of the beach bar are you talking about?
    I'm pretty sure you should make a higher profit with higher levels of the beach bar. Until then, quest rewards for orange fizz productions should compensate for that fact at least. ;)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • edited 07.08.2014
    can someone tell me, what kind of plant/trees can we sow at the green house? and i see we can plant bananas, i wanted to ask, how the bananas/coconut trees grow in the greenhouse? can we upgrade the greenhouse? and when will we have the greenhouse updates?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 07.08.2014
    No, we can't. It's still a surprise what tropical fruit we can grow in the Greenhouse, and the moderators told us (you can find this in this very same thread) that this Greenhouse will probably open in one of the forthcoming updates.

Bananas and coconut trees you can grow on you island farm. You need to purchase banana plantation and
    coconut plantation in the buildingmenu of your island. This will come up in one of the tasks, surely.
  • edited 07.08.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    No, we can't. It's still a surprise what tropical fruit we can grow in the Greenhouse, and the moderators told us (you can find this in this very same thread) that this Greenhouse will probably open in one of the forthcoming updates.

Bananas and coconut trees you can grow on you island farm. You need to purchase banana plantation and
    coconut plantation in the buildingmenu of your island. This will come up in one of the tasks, surely.

but i see on facebook, there is banana and coconut seeds with the background of greenhouse, does it means we can plant those?
  • Ala123Ala123 Posts: 52
    edited 07.08.2014
    Is there anyone, reached the end of CHAPTER 1 -- can tell us what's in steps 2-5 ?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 07.08.2014
    futrirafi2 wrote: »
    but i see on facebook, there is banana and coconut seeds with the background of greenhouse, does it means we can plant those?

No - it simply means they are connected. Try clicking on the questionmark in the info-ring of the airport (don't forget to hover over the pictures). Here you can see that the island event as well as the Greenhouse are links in a bigger chain.

As soon as the Greenhouse opens, we will know what tropical fruits we can plant .... Untill then: patience ;)
  • TrudieOp (INT1)TrudieOp (INT1) Posts: 1
    edited 07.08.2014
    I think it will be better if we can make Island money on the Island to. That will help small farms a lot

And at the end of Event a lot of dollars reward to

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • edited 07.08.2014
    Ala123 wrote: »
    Is there anyone, reached the end of CHAPTER 1 -- can tell us what's in steps 2-5 ?

i just get the step 3
    step 2 : produce 150 peacock feed and collect 6,000 nuts (if i'm not wrong about the amount)
    step 3 : collects 2,000 mangos, produce 5 island humus, produce 300 island fertilizer
    hope it'll help you :)
  • Nicole1112Nicole1112 Posts: 18
    edited 07.08.2014
    Thank you futrirafi2 ^^
  • Player_1 (US1)Player_1 (US1) Posts: 73
    edited 07.08.2014
    In the Questions about the game section of the forum, there is a thread started by Prince Manish called The island farm! It is a compilation of all the tasks and info about the island. Very informative. Hope this helps.
  • luna839 (IN1)luna839 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 153
    edited 07.08.2014
    what is the bug about the bank everyone's talking about it... i have a level 5 bank will it be problem if i upgrade it to level 6??(
  • edited 07.08.2014
    luna839 wrote: »
    what is the bug about the bank everyone's talking about it... i have a level 5 bank will it be problem if i upgrade it to level 6??(

i got that problem this morning, i've spent 850,000 island dollars last night and upgrade my level 5 bank, but when i was checked the bank this morning, it doesn't upgrade and my money doesn't back, but nafaru says the bugs have been sorted by the updates today, but i'm not sure because i see some people still have the problem :(
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 07.08.2014
    futrirafi2 wrote: »
    i got that problem this morning, i've spent 850,000 island dollars last night and upgrade my level 5 bank, but when i was checked the bank this morning, it doesn't upgrade and my money doesn't back, but nafaru says the bugs have been sorted by the updates today, but i'm not sure because i see some people still have the problem :(

The bug should(!) be fixed. Please try, everything regarding the bank update shouldn't make any problems anymore.
  • edited 07.08.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    The bug should(!) be fixed. Please try, everything regarding the bank update shouldn't make any problems anymore.

i've upgrade the bank again, i hope there's no bugs anymore to upgrade the bank :)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 07.08.2014
    Ala123 wrote: »

The tasks and steps are the same i think in the rest here is a screen cap of task 2Attachment not found.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 07.08.2014
    I scrolled as far as I could tolerate to little avail... The entire island farm poofs in 30 days so it can be used for future, similar events? Even the bank??? Surely some of the elements of this feature could carry forward. Just the bank would be a step in the right direction. Maintaining already upgraded exchange rates for future events will go a long way in encouraging me to complete this event, not to mention future ones.
  • edited 07.08.2014
    everyone can seeing this thread
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?117261-The-island-farm!

this is so helpfull to see what will happen next :)
    I scrolled as far as I could tolerate to little avail... The entire island farm poofs in 30 days so it can be used for future, similar events? Even the bank??? Surely some of the elements of this feature could carry forward. Just the bank would be a step in the right direction. Maintaining already upgraded exchange rates for future events will go a long way in encouraging me to complete this event, not to mention future ones.

everythings will be gone in next 30 days, but when this events starts again, i will directly play for this island farm, the rewards decos so cool and can be claimed again, althought my farm hasn't fully upgraded :(

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 07.08.2014
    ok so if you have 200,000 shells and you dont spend them after the 30days of island reset will you loose those shells or no? thank you
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 07.08.2014
    pizza1235 wrote: »
    ok so if you have 200,000 shells and you dont spend them after the 30days of island reset will you loose those shells or no? thank you

No. Seashell amount will not reset after 30 days. Your collected amount of shells will stay. When this events ends, all remaining products and island money will also be converted in Seashells. The rest: buildings/production-units/expansions/upgrades will vanish.
  • WarholaWarhola Posts: 3
    edited 07.08.2014
    So does peacock and lemur poo count towards poo missions?
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 07.08.2014
    Where can I see these chapters ? Do you mean the quests in the left hand side bar ? If so chapter 1 task 1 is different to that listed in Prince Manish's thread - Start production of 1 orange fizz.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 07.08.2014
    PM just listed the connected 5 tasks for the chapter 1, the "produce 1" is before those even start.
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 07.08.2014
    thank you prince manish :)
  • tippy28132tippy28132 Posts: 18
    edited 08.08.2014
    ok sorry to ask but i have read and i am not sure i am finding the answers to this island farm. Please clarify for me.

So with the task that have started we have 28 days to complete them correct?
    So we build all of these building and expand the land and all of which we have to wait for that bank every 2 hours so we can exchange money in order to build and expand. Then after the 28 days we loose everything that we have built? is this correct and when it resets we have to start all over exchanging and upgrading and building again????

Please could a moderator clarify this for me. because if i loose all expansions and everything that i have already built up and spent hard earned farm cash to exchange for island cash then i think that this new farm is totally ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if i got a new set of tasks. not liking that i loose everything i have built up and expanded. that sucks.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 08.08.2014
    Tippy, That IS true. Everything is gone after event is over. All you have is seashells, and those we need later.
    You don't need to build everything and finish the event this time. It will come again someday.
    I don't do all, because i don't have enough dollars. And main farm is more important to upgrade, for me.
  • FarmerMomelliotFarmerMomelliot Posts: 7
    edited 08.08.2014
    I see on the bottom of the main farm the tarp has changed, does this mean they will open it soon?
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 08.08.2014
    Here is an answer for you FarmerMomelliot :

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Dara15 viewpost-right.png
    I think, that ship is gonna ask products from greenhouse. With seashells we van buy seeds, seeds goes to greenhouse. From greenhouse we have exotic fruits and those are what ship wants. But we don't have greenhouse in use yet, so we save all seashells and wait again.... To have a greenhouse.....

Hey Dara15,

the wait for the greenhouse won't be long - it will be in one of the next updates. :D

Regards,
    Steffi

That's what i had an answer
    ;)
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 08.08.2014
    :( It's a shame we are going to lose all those nice decorations, and upgrades in a few days. don't know why they just don't sell us the seashells for millions of dollars and not make us work so hard for something that wont last. I don't think I am going to do it anymore for a long time. I need money for the architect and upgrades on my other farms. They are the priority for me. The island is a waste of my hard earned farm cash right now. When I get everything upgraded and have nothing better to do with my money, then I will concentrate on the island. As for spending gold on something that will disappear, what a waste. It seems like I am throwing away my money. Should have named my island The Money Pit.

It would be nice to see how much farm cash we have at the bank also. I would like to know if I am buying more island dollars than I should. I try to keep a certain amount of farm cash at all times and don't want to go below that amount.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 08.08.2014
    I have a question. I understand that whatever products we have in our inventory when the island farm ends will be converted to shells but what about production facilities? Will we get some shells for the buildings, fields & orchards we build or should I plan to demolish them before the event ends?

I don't know if this has been asked and answered yet. If so I apologize for the repeat. Its late here & I'm too tired to the search the forums right now (I searched a little but not too much :p). If a player has an answer please post or direct me to the post from a CM. Otherwise I would appreciate a definite answer from Latten or Nafaru. Thanks! :D
Sign In to comment.