Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Here's the news!

Have fun discussing :)
Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 29.07.2014
    Wow wasn't expecting this to start this week! Am getting quite excited I can hardly wait!
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 29.07.2014
    maxiroy2 wrote: »
    Wow wasn't expecting this to start this week! Am getting quite excited I can hardly wait!
    Well it might not start this week. The update will make it possible for it to start. We still don't know when the event will start
    Reminder: Please keep in mind that events will not always start right after the respective update took place. Sometimes it can take some days before you can see all new additions for the first time. This is perfectly normal and not a bug!
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 29.07.2014
    Thanks Samty. I was so excited I read it wrong hahahahahaha.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 29.07.2014
    Great news ))

Will the whole event (or maybe it's chapters) count in our achievements?
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 29.07.2014
    Will we have to rebuild everything on the island? The houses that we build? the buildings?
  • edited 29.07.2014
    Yes Rie, I believe we will. This sounds a lot like some of the events on Empire, where every time those events come around, you have to start from the beginning. So I won't be surprised if you have to rebuild everything every time the event comes around. But that's okay, its another challenge, and I know I love challenges. ;)

Really looking forwards to this GGS, I hope it is going to be as Super Awesome as it sounds!

~Space~
  • nig4x4nig4x4 Posts: 58
    edited 29.07.2014
    So to recap......

I have to use certificates (not got enough of these as it is) to unlock the airport......

Then visit the bank to exchange cash (no it's not +15%, it's the exchange rate) to pay for buildings....(taking up my already overloaded building slot)

All of which vanishes after 30 days!

I get some reward of unknown value and possibly spend more to get shells to exchange for deco's and seeds, again of unknown value......

Er think I'll pass on this, far too complex for what is basically a long term "event"......at least until I have made some headway on the other farms and I get some feedback from others as to the value!
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 29.07.2014
    Thanks Superspacegirl..I was wondering because if there are gold houses those wouldn't be a good idea to build.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 29.07.2014
    what kind of deco we get? how much happiness that deco giving.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 29.07.2014
    I'm really excited about this! It sounds like it will add an extra level of complexity & interest to the game, and I for one am looking forward to the challenge. Just hope I have enough certificates.
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 29.07.2014
    wow the theme of this island farm is starting a bar and nobody has freaked out yet,im stunned.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 29.07.2014
    i love this upcoming new update and cant wait to see it..but i'm still not sure how does that reset thing actually work..i hope it works in a logical way..as i wrote in another thread, i hope this wont turn this big farm into "magic farm".. X)
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 29.07.2014
    Since the island may have houses, production buildings and deco's, I understand that so if we setup the island in a strategic good way, the Island farm only will need some economic help from our normal farm in the beginning, until it's build up so the Island farm after some time itself can pay for more buildings, deco's and upgrades.
    - Is that correct understanded?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 29.07.2014
    Only partially. You will probably want to change $ to Island-$ on a regular basis to not get into problems on the island, since you won't get Island-$ from the production alone. Instead, you'll get shells which you can use on the main farm's shell trader, to buy things for your regular farms :)
  • edited 29.07.2014
    wow the theme of this island farm is starting a bar and nobody has freaked out yet,im stunned.

Thats because all the drinks are alcohol free and consist of coconut milk, mango puree and pineapple juice
  • farmer carrot (GB1)farmer carrot (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 29.07.2014
    First one there gets the drinks in, make mine a rum and coke.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 29.07.2014
    I like this new event. I'm not sure if i'm gonna finish it, but i'll try. All upgrgades takes time and money and i am gonna put my main farm in firs place.

Anyway... i'd like to have a pina colada please...;)8)
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 29.07.2014
    Well I am so excited about this new island adventure!! Thank you GGS for getting to us SOONER than later!!! It was such a surprise to read the Official Announcement that it would be happening on the 31st! Going right now to send mail to Co-op members who are also waiting for this to happen!!!
    This island traveler is ready to go!! Get the bar-- make mine a long island ice tea!!!
  • Nabil1366Nabil1366 Posts: 27
    edited 30.07.2014
    any idea how many certificates we need to have to unlock the airport? just askin coz i have less certificates :D
  • lucy822lucy822 Posts: 89
    edited 30.07.2014
    Im really looking forward to this, i think it sounds great.
    I have just one question - does it start again after 30 days or is this a one off stand alone 30 day event? Im going on holiday for 2 weeks soon so i am really disappointed that i wont be able to finish the event. (but very glad you get credited everything back again!) I would really like the chance to give it another go!
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 30.07.2014
    Nabil1366 wrote: »
    any idea how many certificates we need to have to unlock the airport? just askin coz i have less certificates :D

It shouldn't be that many :) If I remember correctly, doing a handfull of missions at most should net you all the certificates you need.

No guarantees though, balancing might still change.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 30.07.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    It shouldn't be that many :) If I remember correctly, doing a handfull of missions at most should net you all the certificates you need.

Which can be anywhere from about 25 up to about 600 pieces, maybe even a little more?
    There's a big difference in how many certificates you win a mission, the key factors here is the type of mission, whitch placement or get in the mission and what level your earthbreaker has.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 30.07.2014
    Well - I do not worry that much - and will not ask any questions. Let the surprise indeed surprise me - do not need to know everything in advance! I have a stack of dollars and certificates ready and waiting.... and will see.
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 30.07.2014
    I have just one question: will we be able to build simultaneously on one regular farm and temporary farm?

the event is 30 days long, and things must be built quickly.. does this put our regular farms on hold for 30 days?
    for low-level players (the event is available from level 30, if I understood correctly) this rule of one-building-at-the-time would be a total disaster...
  • pathway3pathway3 Posts: 33
    edited 30.07.2014
    Alex_mosu wrote: »
    I have just one question: will we be able to build simultaneously on one regular farm and temporary farm?

i also wanna know this!
  • edited 30.07.2014
    Pretty sure we will still only have the 1 build queue
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 30.07.2014
    That takes forever..

Is it mandatory to do work on these island farm quests? I want to skip them.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 30.07.2014
    Moonlime wrote: »

Is it mandatory to do work on these island farm quests? I want to skip them.

Mandatory? No. You do them only for the extra rewards.
  • pathway3pathway3 Posts: 33
    edited 30.07.2014
    Pretty sure we will still only have the 1 build queue

if really so, then it means that the players would be building island farm throughout the month and at the end they 'd again start it from beginning, when would they time to build the mainland farms?

it can't be happening unless all of the construction times are adjusted, currently building durations are balanced b/w three farms

i guess there would be a separate building slot, but still we can not trust our devs blindly, lets see what they have planned for us!!! :huh:
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 30.07.2014
    If you can manage 3 farms at the same time, then why not 4? - it's just another challenge added to the game!
Sign In to comment.