Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - Teaser: the temporary island farm! - Discussion

Comments

• MollyMuffin (US1)MollyMuffin (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 18.07.2014
    Okay, what do Ringtailed Lemurs have to do with the Caribbean? They are from Madagascar, which is an Island off of Africa. Are they perhaps vacationing on the other side of the ocean?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 18.07.2014
    Okay, what do Ringtailed Lemurs have to do with the Caribbean? They are from Madagascar, which is an Island off of Africa. Are they perhaps vacationing on the other side of the ocean?

...where was the Caribbean mentioned? I only saw "tropical" which would include Madagascar, which lies right on the Tropic of Capricorn...?

ETA: Oh, I see it now, on the "Racing News" page when you first load the game. That's... odd. 8|
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 18.07.2014
    starsie wrote: »
    ...where was the Caribbean mentioned?
    Here:
    Attachment not found.
    But since the last news introduction gave us that false hope comes with new rewards we all have a chance to win, I'm beginning to think that "The Racing farmer" maybe are one of that type newspapers where ½ of the stuff is wildly inaccurate, and the rest is pure imagination
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 18.07.2014
    Technically, they didn't say we were going to the Caribbean, they said,"How does a weekend in the Caribbean sound?" It sounds great! But where are we going? And just a weekend? What about 30 days?
  • awerick2awerick2 Posts: 356
    edited 18.07.2014
    Technically, they didn't say we were going to the Caribbean, they said,"How does a weekend in the Caribbean sound?" It sounds great! But where are we going?

No, why would you spend a weekend in the ocean?
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 19.07.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »

I'm SORRY! :D

Oh no you're not :P You guys there love teasing us. But I am really looking forward to this one, so even looking forward to more teasers :)
  • bladeh0undbladeh0und Posts: 1
    edited 20.07.2014
    when is the island coming?
  • edited 20.07.2014
    I to hope that the new addtions are farm cash freindly as well
  • YINPlayer2YINPlayer2 Posts: 231
    edited 21.07.2014
    The temporary island is a tropical island.
    oh~ I love it !! :D
  • Nithyasree4Nithyasree4 Posts: 4
    edited 21.07.2014
    ok good can i join please
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 21.07.2014
    I haven't read people's comments on the proposed exotic island farm, but from my side I would just like to ask you: please, please, please don't follow the pattern of Farmerama, it wasn't a bad game at the beginning, but then it turned into a circus with all sorts of exotic and fairy tale plants and animals. I left that game for that reason and I would hate to see BigFarm turning into similar circus!
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 21.07.2014
    Agree with you elunia
  • mulberryman2mulberryman2 Posts: 33
    edited 22.07.2014
    since you can only build one thing at a time it seems like you would have to choose between this and working on your permanent farms
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 22.07.2014
    That's not a good thing. I like the idea, but building one at the time is not good....
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 22.07.2014
    Will the buildings be expensive to buy? And after the reset, we get back that money? Or we just lose it all? I just want to know is it worth it to invest so much dollars for the rewards we get? Or will it be hard to make a profit?
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 22.07.2014
    Reading these posts is just as good as reading a whodunnit..only this is a whatisit! rofl!! so much speculation and that is what is so fun about this whole concept! I love it!!! I am eagerly anticipating the how and when of the whole trip to which ever island place GGS deems fit! Bring it on so we can get to our tropical paradise for some beach blanket fun in the sun!!( and I too hope we will be able to surf!!!)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 22.07.2014
    Kaiowas wrote: »
    Will the buildings be expensive to buy? And after the reset, we get back that money? Or we just lose it all? I just want to know is it worth it to invest so much dollars for the rewards we get? Or will it be hard to make a profit?

Hey Kaiowas,

you're definitely not going to lose all of the dollars you invested. You will get a little something in return.
    More on that and other rewards will follow with a later teaser, though. ;)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Mirja (NL1)Mirja (NL1) Posts: 141
    edited 22.07.2014
    Looks like we are getting a 4th farm after all. ;)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 22.07.2014
    If I am correct, we will not need to build buildings, they are permanent, the island is temporary and we are just going to be helping out another farmer complete projects, hopefully anyways. Why would we spend dollars or even gold to complete something that goes away in 30 day cycles.
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 22.07.2014
    Nafaru has already said that we will have to build buildings - using the same build queue as the main farm - but that we will get a 'reward' for doing so.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 22.07.2014
    if that is the case, it needs to be a good reward
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 22.07.2014
    agree with you kbahr except it should be a very good reward :), I have enough buildings to upgrade atm so I think I will be concentrating on the 3 farms I already have
  • copperbeech (GB1)copperbeech (GB1) Posts: 226
    edited 22.07.2014
    Having just seen the pictures on face book of the exciting new banana plantation and coconut oil groove I think we will have addictive time on our new island farm. The black out building is intriguing maybe it is a cocktail bar with cocktail "rewards" made from banana liquor and coconut milk and some rum from Captain Barnacle!!
    This farming life just gets better and better.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 23.07.2014
    Does everyone get the 30 day reset at the same time or is it an individual timer for each player?

If the latter would there be a way - possibly with gold - to extend the time period for an individual?
    edited 23.07.2014
    Does everyone get the 30 day reset at the same time or is it an individual timer for each player?

If the latter would there be a way - possibly with gold - to extend the time period for an individual?

Hey Rusty Farmer,

the 30 day reset will happen at the same time for all players.

Just imagine it as a very long themed event that involves a temporary farm.
    The event starts and ends at the same time for all players. If you only manage to join the event after 15 days, e.g. because you didn't have the required level to see the event yet, you can only participate for another 15 days.

This will not be extendable in any way with the current implementation of the event. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • randy60 (US1)randy60 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 23.07.2014
    Hi Nafaru, do you know what the level will be to see the event?
    edited 23.07.2014
    randy60 wrote: »
    Hi Nafaru, do you know what the level will be to see the event?

Hey randy60,

the value is not final yet, but it will be disclosed before the update hits. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • edited 23.07.2014
    Is there a chance that this farm may become permanent at some time in the future?
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 24.07.2014
    Would there be any chance of using decos on this island? I have 74 never used decos in my drop box. Would be nice to have a place to use them.
  • edited 25.07.2014
    Are you able to provide any further info on the amount of certificates needed to unlock the airport and bank?

I am thinking it would be worth saving them all rather than upgrading tractors in case I am unable to start it due to lack of certificates. Would be better if we can plan a bit so as not to miss out on the island when it arrives
Sign In to comment.