Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - Teaser: the temporary island farm! - Discussion

Are you ready for the next big changes? 8)

You can discuss the upcoming big feature here.

As stated in the teaser, we may only disclose some information for now, but there will be more information as soon as the update comes closer to being implemented. So please understand if we cannot answer all of your questions just yet. :)
Post edited by CM Nafaru on

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.07.2014
    Sounds great :D
    Are the tasks and rewards different in high and lower level players? And rewards?
    How about a time, 30 days, i was just thinking that not everybody can play so much that all the tasks will be done. (if you understand what i mean, with my "not so correct english ;) )
  • edited 14.07.2014
    Oh this sounds so Super Awesome!
    I think I am going to be freaking out with excitement until I get to here more about this. 8o

~Space~
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 14.07.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    Are the tasks and rewards different in high and lower level players? And rewards?

Hey Dara15,

for now I can't really tell you much about difficulty levels and rewards (this will be part of another teaser), but with the nature of this feature, everybody should be able to earn a little something from it, if they spend just a little time with their island farm. :)

Sorry for being cryptic here, but as I said, we will be able to disclose more info, the closer the update gets. 8)

Regards,
    Steffi
    edited 14.07.2014
    Thanks Steffi :)
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 14.07.2014
    can't wait! ;(
    why only 30 days btw though? i mean what happens to airport after 30 days?
    is it a one time feature only? and if not then why the temporary farm gets reset after?
    (kinda can't get the image of how this works in my mind still sorry for many questions)
  • FarmerBlack (US1)FarmerBlack (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 14.07.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    can't wait! ;(
    why only 30 days btw though? i mean what happens to airport after 30 days?
    is it a one time feature only? and if not then why the temporary farm gets reset after?
    (kinda can't get the image of how this works in my mind still sorry for many questions)

Based upon the teaser info it sounds like after 30 days the island resets to the initial starting point and you can then restart again just like you did the previous instance.

I play another GG game and they installed a similar "event" that does just that... it wipes clean all progress made during the 30 days, resets to the starting point, and any rewards you have earned are given to you, then you go back and start again... there is no lag time in between, except maybe an hour or so to get the server info reset and rewarded. Besides, they need a few minutes to refuel the plane for another trip back to the island, you don't want to run out halfway there. :)

It does sound interesting though, and it will promote cooperation between at least 2 of the new environment areas (Airport and Greenhouse). I just hope both will be Farmcash friendly so that ALL players can enjoy the new features without having to afford buying lots of Gold, with the exception of a few boosters of course for those that like the Gold aspect.
  • Farmer Loki (US1)Farmer Loki (US1) Posts: 125
    edited 14.07.2014
    I just hope both will be Farmcash friendly so that ALL players can enjoy the new features without having to afford buying lots of Gold, with the exception of a few boosters of course for those that like the Gold aspect.

Exactly what I want to know too--will non-gold players be able to participate too, or is this a gold buyers-only deal? Hope not...
  • Farmer Loki (US1)Farmer Loki (US1) Posts: 125
    edited 14.07.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    everybody should be able to earn a little something from it, if they spend just a little time with their island farm. :)

Sorry for being cryptic here, but as I said, we will be able to disclose more info, the closer the update gets. 8)

Regards,
    Steffi

Does this mean everybody, or just people who buy gold? Also, is just a one-time "event", or is it going to hopefully be something where we complete it and can then start over again after the 30 days for another 30 days? I hope so--because it looks really cool. 8)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 14.07.2014
    I think it boils down to, the more you put into the game the more you get out of it. If you spend gold, you will get better rewards.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 15.07.2014
    I play another GG game and they installed a similar "event" that does just that... it wipes clean all progress made during the 30 days, resets to the starting point,

Also an Empire player? LOL
    I find it cool that it's a tropical island both in Empire and soon to be in BF.

If it's more or less similar to the event on Empire, it will start again after 30 days. And again, if it's a bit like Empire, it's not for golders only.

I think the teaser postcard looks toootally awesome. An animal pen looking like one of my favorite decorations :D Looking forward to this very, very much!

And then Steffi says: to shorten the time we will give you teasers.... Oh help BigFarm devellopers and CM's, you are a disaster to my curiousity and my patience!
  • roadrunnernm3roadrunnernm3 Posts: 29
    edited 15.07.2014
    This sounds like such fun!!!! For sure it will break the monotony that I am sure we all feel every now and then!! I can not wait for this addition to happen!! It is just what I need: a trip to a far away island!! Oh I can envision relaxing on the tropical beach after a day of working the island farm!!
    Looking forward to more info on the Forum!!! TY GGS!!!!
  • blablabla6blablabla6 Posts: 32
    edited 15.07.2014
    i think this is going to be the best update sinds the flower farm !!!! i love building farms up :)
    good job ggs i hope it will come soon
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 15.07.2014
    If we are going to have to build stuff on this new farm is it going to be in the same build queue as our existing farms? I've got a backlog on mine already without having additional buildings to develop.
    edited 15.07.2014
    Does this mean everybody, or just people who buy gold? Also, is just a one-time "event", or is it going to hopefully be something where we complete it and can then start over again after the 30 days for another 30 days? I hope so--because it looks really cool. 8)

Everybody will get the chance to participate in this event, but as always, there will be some exclusive small boosts that are only available with gold.
    Once the event is over and done with, it will return after a while, so you get another chance to extend your progress in it. :)

Gwendolen wrote: »
    And then Steffi says: to shorten the time we will give you teasers.... Oh help BigFarm devellopers and CM's, you are a disaster to my curiousity and my patience!

I'm SORRY! :D
  • farmer carrot (GB1)farmer carrot (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 15.07.2014
    Looks like I'll be joining the jet set life style. With three farms going too, I'm really starting to feel like an Entrepreneur. Sounds like it will be good. Enjoying the boat too.
    edited 15.07.2014
    But how about that building time? Like Hodor asked, is it going to be a same building slot? Or is it like garage?

I just think, that it's too much waiting time if all farms has to use same slot.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 15.07.2014
    Probably, I wont get the answer to this question, but I am giving it a try anyway:

Do the certificates play any role in this?
    edited 15.07.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    But how about that building time? Like Hodor asked, is it going to be a same building slot?

Hey Dara15,

we plan to keep the same build slot for all farms, even the temporary one.

aaabbb1 wrote: »
    Do the certificates play any role in this?

Hey aaabbb1,

you will get an answer, but only a very vague one: yes, they will play a role in the process - only in one step, though. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    edited 15.07.2014
    Maybe you need a certain amount of certificates to go fly the airplane ?
    edited 15.07.2014
    Oh no... takes too long to build everything... but ok, it's only a game.
    I enjoy playing anyway :)
  • Marie_07 (GR1)Marie_07 (GR1) Posts: 24
    edited 15.07.2014
    I am really glad that you are adding more features to the game, so that it gets more interesting. However, my only concern is that if the 30 day period coincides with August which is at least for us in Europe a holiday month, then it will be really difficult to complete the tasks and goals so as to get the rewards.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 15.07.2014
    Hey aaabbb1,

you will get an answer, but only a very vague one: yes, they will play a role in the process - only in one step, though. :)

Regards,
    Steffi

Actualy, you gave me more information then I expected. :) It wasn't so vague, it was quite plane ;).
  • XGN EASTS1DE (US1)XGN EASTS1DE (US1) Posts: 343
    edited 15.07.2014
    See, I love the sound of this update. Just the one thing that is driving me crazy is the fact I don't know what the island farm will look like. Like will it have exotic and new things to plant or create or buy. Is there going to be a bakery like ours. Who knows, but it sounds awesome.
  • edited 16.07.2014
    nannsi2 wrote: »
    Maybe you need a certain amount of certificates to go fly the airplane ?

OOOOOH good thinking!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 16.07.2014
    I hope it's not some ridiculous number of certificates then... :( I don't particularly like doing missions and I'm not doing much with my tractors, they don't interest me.

Hopefully if there is a certificate requirement it's something reasonable and we find out about it with enough lead time to be able to collect them and be ready.
    edited 16.07.2014

Hey aaabbb1,

Regards,
    Steffi

I have a bad feeling about this, the way Steffi says it'll play a role in "one step only", I'm starting to think they gonna make that useless Multifarmer machine(reputation machine) related to this (theoretically I can't say its a bad idea though since that machine is totally useless atm but) I hope I be wrong though, i have not upgraded that machine at all ;(

p.s. like maybe for example we need a certain reputation point to be able to go to tropical island?! (who knows! 8|)

p.s.2 or it might be that for example reputation points play a role in the prize we get from that island?! (who knows! 8|)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 16.07.2014
    All i want to know is if we will be able to surf.
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 16.07.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling about this, the way Steffi says it'll play a role in "one step only", I'm starting to think they gonna make that useless Multifarmer machine(reputation machine) related to this (theoretically I can't say its a bad idea though since that machine is totally useless atm but) I hope I be wrong though, i have not upgraded that machine at all ;(

p.s. like maybe for example we need a certain reputation point to be able to go to tropical island?! (who knows! 8|)

p.s.2 or it might be that for example reputation points play a role in the prize we get from that island?! (who knows! 8|)

Nope, reputation points are worthless.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 16.07.2014
    Well there is only 1 build box, but there are several things you can 'build' outside that. Special seeds and Machines, for example. I could see the Airport having a time delay as you build, which would make the whole thing more accessible to smaller farms who can't spend a lot of time building things that will go away....
    edited 17.07.2014
    connerk2 wrote: »
    Nope, reputation points are worthless.

oh i hope so too but... we neva' know :rolleyes:
Sign In to comment.