Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"I'm looking for Co-op" feature questions

rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
Wondering if anyone can help with these questions regarding the new "I'm Looking for a Co-op" feature.

1. What happens when you decline a co-op invitation? Is a message sent to the co-op/inviter?

2. Can a player or co-op send repeated invites to the same person if they have already declined one invitation to that same co-op? (i.e. is there a "timeout" after declining where they can't send you another invite)

3. When you receive an invite, does the player who sent you that invite's name display or just their co-op name?

4. When you decline an invite, is there a message box? (similar to when you decline applications to your co-op)

Thanks for your help.
Post edited by rhinana on

Comments

• Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 10.07.2014
    I don't have much info, but this is what I've got:

1. No idea.
    2. Someone just complained about getting their inbox spammed with invites, in spite of blocking the person. There was no mention of declining, but one would think the user had tried that already. I don't know anything for sure, but...
    3. Just the co-op name. That was in a discussion recently.
    4. Sorry, no idea.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 10.07.2014
    If all is still the same as it was before the looking for co-op update, it should be like this:

1) You cannot decline the invitation. All you can do is accept or cross out of the message and delete it. Some people accepted an invitation months after being sent one and that caused people to mysteriously appear in a co-op of which the members had no clue how they got in (apparently a long forgotten invitation that got sent a long while ago)
    2) As there is no option to decline I think it is indeed possible to send numerous invitations within minutes.
    3) Wildcard already answered - it is the co-op's name
    4) Consequently to there being no decline option, there is no box to type a reason in :)

Here is a picture that was taken quite a while ago, same date as the pictures about declining and the waiting period as we discussed before.

5dw8sg.jpg
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 10.07.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    If all is still the same as it was before the looking for co-op update, it should be like this:

1) You cannot decline the invitation. All you can do is accept or cross out of the message and delete it.

Well, it's finally happened. The day I never believed would arrive. I actually know something Larino doesn't! Am I really awake, or just dreaming? :D

I get a lot of invites because of being a traveller (and also because I don't belong to a co-op), and I can definitely confirm that the invites have a "decline" button. I don't have a screenshot, but it's a red button on the right side across from the "accept" button. I just confirmed this with a traveller invite that's waiting in my inbox for me to use it. I don't know what happens when you click that button as I've never used it. I don't know why the one in Larino's screenshot doesn't have a "decline" button - maybe it's an older screenshot and the feature has changed?

And yes, you can send numerous invites within minutes. That's what I get people to do when I'm travelling, because it lets me come and go whenever I am delivering harvests.
    edited 10.07.2014
    So then all is not still the same as it was - you can see the date on the message, it is from 7-7-2013. Can you try it out, Pingo? Because you are a traveller we can make great use of you :P Take screenshots whenever you have an invitation stand ready and check with one of the co-ops what happens when you decline? Also take or have them take screenshots of that please - I want to know it all! :P

Edit: Wait, I will send you an invitation myself, why not XD Let's see if you are co-op less.

(You can upload screenshots with www.tinypic.com to make them into a URL if you need - or use the manage attachments function of the forums that of course stopped working for me >.>)
    edited 10.07.2014
    Glad to help. Only ... I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I've never taken a screenshot except in Sims3 (using Control-C) & I doubt that it's the same technique. Can you tell me how?

I am in the middle of a milk project with a co-op right now but as soon as that's finished, I'll decline one of the unused invites & get them to let me know. I'm sure they'll be willing to help in return for all the milk I've brought them.
    edited 10.07.2014
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    Glad to help. Only ... I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I've never taken a screenshot except in Sims3 (using Control-C) & I doubt that it's the same technique. Can you tell me how?

I am in the middle of a milk project with a co-op right now but as soon as that's finished, I'll decline one of the unused invites & get them to let me know. I'm sure they'll be willing to help in return for all the milk I've brought them.

Already fixed - I sent you an in-game message about taking screenshots. The explanation is also on our website in the post for the redecorating tool.

You can decline the training invitation as you have already been there and I wonder if a decline may not be forever. In case it is, it is not a problem for the training co-op ^^ It may be for others. And I get the message myself if any :D

Edit:

We tried and here are the updated answers:
    1) Nothing happens - no message, no timer, nothing
    2) After declining you can instantly send a new invite (Pingo told me she had declined and I could just send another invitation which she declined as well)
    3) Still the same - name of co-op
    4) I'll leave this answer up to Pingo :P

New picture:
    1621h02.jpg
    edited 10.07.2014
    Thanks for the information on taking screenshots! I just learned a new skill. Woo-hoo! :D
    Larino wrote: »
    4) I'll leave this answer up to Pingo :P

There was no option to type anything in. I clicked "decline" and the message disappeared from my inbox. It was the same as if I had deleted it. I'm not sure what the purpose of the decline button is if it doesn't send a message to the co-op - how are they supposed to know you've declined? For all they know, you might be on holidays and just haven't seen the invite yet.

I wonder if it's supposed to work this way or if this is a bug of some sort. It just doesn't make sense to have a decline button that does nothing except delete the message.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 10.07.2014
    Thanks for all your help everyone! The main reason I was looking for these answers is because I don't want to accidentally spam someone by sending multiple invites if they have activated their "looking for a co-op" icon. I guess I'll have to keep a list of people I've invited so I don't do that! And my apologies to anyone that I may have already done this to!

I'm thinking there is some room for improvement on this feature based on everything presented in the above comments and I hope the mods can inform the developers.

Some recommendations:

- notification to the co-op when a player accepts or declines their invites
    - ability to add a message when declining, similar to co-op applications
    - ability to add custom message to invites
    - timeout feature, similar to co-op applications once declined
    - list of players the co-op has sent invites to that have not been responded to yet (pending invites)

Please add your own suggestions as well everyone! Go team Bigfarm players!
    -
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 10.07.2014
    That first and last one would be great for me. I had a player just kinda ghost into my coop a while back. I had no idea I had a new player until I was going through the member list and realized there was a username there I didn't remember being there before. I had no idea! And she'd apparently joined at least three days earlier because the notification in the activity area wasn't even there anymore.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file