Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Please Fix All Known Bugs

First I'll say that, I really like it when we get some new things which give us more fun with the game. :)

But...
I don't like there at the moment is a mountain of issues and bugs, witch growing higher and higher with every new stuff update. :(
To me it seems like, every time they fix 1 bug/issue, the same time there be added at least 3 new bugs/issues with a new stuff update. :(

Therefore I'll suggest that, GGS takes a little break with more new stuff (unless it's necesarry to fix bugs and issues), and use the break to get fix all the known bugs and issues we have now.

At the same time I'll suggest there are being made a locked annoncement, where the cm's can hold us updated with all known bugs and issues, and how they can been fixed by ourself (if possible), and keep that list updated by remove bugs when they are fixed, and also add in new reported bugs.

Known bugs and issues I quickly can mention is:
Game speed is slowing down more and more as longer time we are online (especially on the us server?)
Issues with the garage: machine don't upgrade. (logout clear cache login, do the job for most of that type)
We can't se what flags other players use.

There is a lot more known bugs I just can't remember in this moment, but I hope GGS and the cm's have check on that?
Post edited by BriannospamGame (SKN1) on

Comments

• Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 10.06.2014
    Sadly, it's not that easy :(

We're on a tight time schedule to deliver weekly updates, and while there will be updates solely for fixes from time to time, it's not like it would be easy to fix every bug within a few days - sometimes these annoying little things hide, depend on too many other variables or are simply impossible to reproduce from our side.

Be sure though, that the CM team tries to remind the devs of all bugs you care about, and we will keep on nagging until they're fixed!

Greetings,
    Timo
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 10.06.2014
    In the computers dinosaur age, when we write programs in basic and machine code, I write programs myself, so I know and remember how a new addon whit just one simple error to a program, can have influence many other places in a program. :)

For myself I can say that, I'll better like to wait 1, 2, 3 even a month or 2 on the next new addon new stuff, if that waiting time have as result all the existings bugs being fixed.

What about the "Known bugs and issues list"?
    - is that also a thing which is very difficult or impossible to made as a annoncement, where we can keep us updated.
    e.g there is an issue with the garage, witch does I'm afraid to do more upgrades on my machines until I'm sure I can do it whitout to risk I first have to contact support and then wait several weeks to get the problem fixed as that way. (I have not seen any cm's give an answer on all the reports about that garage problem upgrade earthbreaker higher than level 2)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 11.06.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Sadly, it's not that easy :(

We're on a tight time schedule to deliver weekly updates, and while there will be updates solely for fixes from time to time, it's not like it would be easy to fix every bug within a few days - sometimes these annoying little things hide, depend on too many other variables or are simply impossible to reproduce from our side.

Who sets the schedule? Why can it not be suggested that the schedule is revised to produce smaller updates with a greater focus on bugfixes?
  • mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    edited 11.06.2014
    agree with jaystarr and brian..slowdown a tad and do as many bugs as poss(there will always be something i know)
    but im sure members "clients" would prob think the same..an upgrade without been occompined by a bug or 3
    would be well received..
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 11.06.2014
    Personally the bugs don't really bother me that much. I really don't want to wait months and months to get an update because of bugs. There are always going to be some kinds of bugs in any type of game. It's just the way it is.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 31.01.2015
    Since new horse updates my game full of bugs,3 this morning,all known to developers.1st Season break,refreshed,cleared cache,came back no money on island bank,did same again,this time no shell trader. I have spent money on this game .If I bought goods as faulty as this,straight back to shop for full refund. Come on,get act together. Beginning to feel someone is taking the PX(X(X(
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 31.01.2015
    If I get those display bugs I just do CTRL+F5, it downloads the game again from the server, instead of just refreshing the same buggy version, so I find it usually gives a better result. But there have been times (not often) when I have had to do it twice, which I think is more down to my connection wigging out and not downloading it properly on the 1st attempt.
  • edited 31.01.2015
    Ya know, I don't know what browser you use Scissors, but I can't do the CTRL + F5 with mine and mine is Torch

Grannie
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 31.01.2015
    The fact that the bugs are known to the developpers doesn't mean they can fix it right away.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 31.01.2015
    The biggest problem with the Big Game problems is players believing that it is a bug in the game. Look at how GGS do the rulings on the missions and horse breeding.-. very technical YES, yet seemingly simple "bugs" appear almost daily. Take the current problem with the Wheel of Fortune, we have no idea what our ranking is, so we all use 1 more token to check, then we all use 1 more token near to the end, just to check, that equals over 7,000 extra tokens being used on the UK server alone, JUST TO CHECK our rankings. I would call that a nice little earner for a "bug" The same with the lost Island money, most probably used Gold to speed up an exchange... another nice little earner from another so called "bug". People should stop and think about these "bugs" who GAINS from these "bugs" the players or GGS ? When the 2nd "buy rep points" was displayed by a so called mistake, who sold lots of Gold ? another nice earner from a so called "mistake"
    edited 04.02.2015
    Game lost connection,came back (in middle of cheesed off project) No Omar,Barney in car park. Viking island seeds in greenhouse. No money island bank, horses having season break,probally on island with my 1 million island dollars. Did routine,refresh,clear caches. All OK again. 20 mins later lost connection again,all the bugs came back with 100% free gold offer8| Why buy gold when game is full of bugsX(
  • sabroxy (US1)sabroxy (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 04.02.2015
    Lots of time when I am playing when I click on something like plant something it wont plant and after a minte I get logged out. Is that just bad internt? And This morning I wanted to plant wildflowers the second time it would not plant like the mouse would stay the same it would not go in the clicking postion.
    edited 04.02.2015
    You do need good internet to play this game,but the other bugs,horses,fuel.money,seeds,the list goes on are from the game itself. Most are from horse update. I have lost connection and come back to a bugged up game 4 times in 90 mins. Lost connection my end but only this game. Bugs their end GS
  • erryka (AU1)erryka (AU1) AU1 Posts: 132
    edited 08.02.2015
    I would like to suggest a sticky thread in Technical problems & bugs listing all the known bugs and possible fixes, also a timeline when the particular bug will be fixed.

This may reduce the amount of threads being opened.
  • Max999 (GB1)Max999 (GB1) Posts: 107
    edited 08.02.2015
    What is happening to this game? Screenshots, clearing cache, logging off and on, losing fuel, gold, dollars. Come on Guys.X(

PLEASE FIX THE BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S ALL EVERYONE WANTS!!!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM??????(
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 08.02.2015
    On the bright side, its almost all display errors... on the down side, it is REALLY irritating to be constantly refreshing.

-Y
  • edited 08.03.2015
    I saw in the announcements, that they were going to be down to fix a bug today. Maybe that is what is CAUSING all the bugs I have had in the last hour or two!
    1. E-mails in my inbox are blank.
    2. Stats on the Missions are huge crazy numbers.
    3. Crops won't harvest! Even after clearing both cashes and restarting my computer, tried 2 browsers as well--MANY MANY TIMES.
    4. Screens freeze up going from one farm to another!
    5. E-mails won't send.
    6. Gamed logged me out for no reason!
    7. Rankings are blank, or won't move to another screen.
    8. Icons on the right of the screen to change farms are incomplete now missing entirely!
    9. Have to refresh several times to log back in.

Help!!! I can't play like this!!!!!
    edited 11.03.2015
    When will GGS fix some of the worst of all the known bugs?
    - - - - -
    1. The censor on the ingame mails.
    That stupid censor have never worked optimal, and will never come to works optimal, because it's impossible to make a censor program whitch works optimal!

What good did the censor do? - the intension is fine, but since it cant work, it do nothing good!

What bad are the censor doing?
    The censor makes it hard to send nice ingame messages (help, informatons and so on), because we very ofen may have hard work to find the 'forbidden' words in a text which not contain bad words - lots of waste of time for all of us!
    I also think that censor maybe eat some of the game ressources? (slowing down the game)

Please remove that censor ASAP.
    - - - - -
    2. The ingame chat delete long sentence.
    I ofen have try, when writing e.g. a help explanation, when I hit the "Enter" key... nothing happens - everything I have write was disappear out in cyberspace, and sometimes when I try to split up a long explanation in 2 the result ofen is that the first part of my explanation is missing, so the second part stand alone and gives absolutly no meaning, and I may have to restart my explanation from the beginning (sometimes after first have needed to explain why the first part was missing) - lots of confusion and waste of time!
    Please fix this ASAP.

Adding a suggestion here: There limit for line length in the chat is very ofen to short, especially when we want to post links. Can we please have a little longer chat lines?
    - - - - -
    3. Gourmet bakery show reds ZZZ even there is enough ressourches to start the bakery.
    Ok, I know this only is a 'display bug'.... but if else I remember correct, this display bug have exist all the time since the gourmet farm was rebuild (is that not more than a year ago)
    Have a so old bug, did not seems proff and serius in my eyes.
    - - - - -
    4. Viking vault did not shows when the cooldown time is gone.
    Please fix ASAP
    - - - - -
    5. Harvest timers shows nothing, after visit other players farms, which makes it to a pain to watering coop trees (or visit other player for other reassons e.g. in missions)
    Please fix ASAP
    - - - - -
    6. It's not possible to visit opponents in missions just by clicking their names.
    Please fix.
    - - - - -
    7. Omar's timer did not show the correct rest time to next offer.
    Please fix ASAP.
    - - - - -

Have I forget to mention some bugs? (that will not surprise me, there is now so many bugs it's hard to me to rembember them all)
    - If some bugs missing, please add them to the list:

Censor (totaly incompetent - please remove it)
    Chat (deleting long sentence)
    Bakery (red zzz's)
    Viking vault (Not show when ready)
    Harvest timers (resetting)
    Missions (click names)
    Omar's timer (show wrong rest time)
    Added by Dara15:
    Decorations stuck in storage... (Please fix ASAP!)
    Cannot harvest, if someone gives you a gift.... (Please fix ASAP)
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 11.03.2015
    Have I forget to mention some bugs?

Decorations stuck in storage...

Cannot harvest, if someone gives you a gift....

What else?
  • FilipeczekFilipeczek Posts: 275
    edited 11.03.2015
    Yes, these decorations stuck in inventory, if GGS cannot fix it I think they should AT LEAST add warning to the low level players that they shouldn't put best decorations to the storage, unless they want to wait few levels until they will be able to unlock it. I know how annoying is that bug (luckily already I'm on higher level, so all decks unlocked). But in opposition to most of other bugs it's not only display error. I think it should be fixed as priority because it makes the game even harder mainly for lower levels players...
    edited 11.03.2015
    I'm absolutly agree with you Filipeczek, that deco stuck bug should be fixed better yesterday than today (or in other words: can not be fixed to quick)
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 11.03.2015
    When planting or collecting the wheel keeps coming up twice making it harder to collect in one go looks like like there where more bugs added than fixes wish ggs would get a grip and start making the game playable for once
    Lesley52 wrote: »
    Since new horse updates my game full of bugs,3 this morning,all known to developers.1st Season break,refreshed,cleared cache,came back no money on island bank,did same again,this time no shell trader. I have spent money on this game .If I bought goods as faulty as this,straight back to shop for full refund. Come on,get act together. Beginning to feel someone is taking the PX(X(X(

i totally agree and the only way people are going to get them to actually listen and get them fixed is if people stop spending real money on a broken game it is no fun playing when nothing works properly........ I would have normally been buying gold today but until you fix all the bugs and stop putting new updates on until they are fixed im no longer spending real money

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 11.03.2015
    Just how long do you think any other business would last if they did what this company does? Putting out new but defective products, then not bothering to fix the defects. Not for long, I assure you.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 11.03.2015
    Just how long do you think any other business would last if they did what this company does? Putting out new but defective products, then not bothering to fix the defects. Not for long, I assure you.

It's getting to the point now and i don't just speak for myself here but quite a few that as spoken to me that this game with all its bugs and never any real fixes because clearly they don't have a clue how to fix them and everything else that as gone on in the last month with the buying of rp and the constant gold ads that keep bombarding us its maybe time to move on if they are not going to do anything about any of what people are complaining about who in there right mind pays to play a broken game
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 12.03.2015
    uksharon3 wrote: »
    It's getting to the point now and i don't just speak for myself here but quite a few that as spoken to me that this game with all its bugs and never any real fixes because clearly they don't have a clue how to fix them and everything else that as gone on in the last month with the buying of rp and the constant gold ads that keep bombarding us its maybe time to move on if they are not going to do anything about any of what people are complaining about who in there right mind pays to play a broken game

I agree! There was a 2 day period where I was getting the 200% gold offer constantly every two hours. Added to this is the neverending army of popup offers that appear every time u log in and then inconveniently popping up during collects right beside the area being clicked. GGS claim its a bug but I claim its desperation. Like others i'm sensing this game is on the decline and the frustrating thing about this is it can be easily fixed but GGS refuse to listen to their customers and are too hellbent on profit. How many more players will walk when they put in yet another rp point hot deal during a challenge? Will I get back the tools I lost activating powerhouse during a bugged mission that ended 4 minutes in? Will I get back the gold I accidentally used when the skip button was pressed during a game lag? This games a mess!
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 12.03.2015
    The code is very robust. Its the one good thing that they consistently get right. That is the main reason for staying with this game so long. Every action reliably saves and any lag is mainly due to the flash memory leak which is outside the control of GG$. Logging in each apple crop keeps that memory flushed. I suspect the popups which happen outside of login are activity checks and if you do not click them, after some specified time, you might get disconnected.

I do not have any problems moving between farms. Is there any chance that the freezing described could be because some servers have become too large?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file