Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Mismatched Missions - Unfair?

Comments

• BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 16.07.2014
    That player just have been very quick to collect some eggs immediatly after the mission begin, I guess the player have started harvest some duck coops, and if you have refresh again 1 minute later maybe more eggs has been added.
  • Leafmold (GB1)Leafmold (GB1) Posts: 71
    edited 16.07.2014
    If I want a mission, I'll try to time it so I have something to harvest the moment a mission comes in. Be it corn, eggs or wildflowers.
    So someone with a large amount of chicken and duck coops could be ready and waiting.
    Bear in mind you're competing with players on any level.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 16.07.2014
    I have 7 ducks and 4 chickens standing ready before I start a mission. That is good for about 2500 eggs. Whether I can harvest in a second is debatable, but in a minute is certainly possible. (if I pay attention and am there at the very start of the mission that is. Sometimes I pop in 3 minutes too late and can only harvest my chickens twice instead of thrice XD)
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 16.07.2014
    Fyi, three level 4 duck coops harvests exactly 1200 eggs, no books. I'd say that's what happened. I do it all the time to win egg missions.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 25.07.2014
    i love doing missions..and i've been doing them a lot..but it is indeed unfair to be paired with 100th level players or above while mine is only 52; even if they have less fields/chicken coops than mine..cause as a result i can only build less orchards, cow sheds, etc..but those 1xxth level player, which i presume have fully expanded their main farm; capable of building as many fields/chicken coops as i have or more with the highest level, and also with more cowsheds,orchards, etc..even if i add 1 or 2 more cowsheds, which is unlikely possible for now, they still have way more cowsheds, duck coops , goat stables, etc..it's very rare for me to win the collecting dung or eggs missions..just because someone have high reputation points, doesn't mean he can compete with players doubled his level..it's because he has been doing missions regularly..btw it's no biggie though..cause i almost fully upgraded all the tractors.. XB
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 25.07.2014
    I don't enjoy missions (as I've said on a few treads), I find them more of a chore then anything, I'm maybe at the other end of the scale at level 117, with 1 of the old factory farms, but only do a few missions when I 1st log on & everything is full, I'm ranked 256th & don't have a lot of rep points, so I alway's end up with much lower level players.
    I found the best missions, is when 2 others are in a race to see who can spend the most gold, 3rd pace can be quite rewarding.
    I sorry to anyone on the au1 server I come up against, I should be competing against my own level, not rep points.
    Keep up the rage, not against each other, only GGS can fix it.
    George
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 28.07.2014
    I feel good about it even if less than 10 certificates are awarded. I just do missions the whole time I am playing and they add up. I play the game to have fun, and I do! : )

I'm glad you posted this because of that I started doing this too. And yes it does make a difference in how quickly your certificates add up while you are playing. And I am okay not coming in first all the time.
  • kiupio5kiupio5 Posts: 33
    edited 08.09.2014
    well , whenever i take a mission the main problem that occurs is that the players i compete against are in a higher lvl than mine .So, this makes it tough 4 me 2 win in a mission. I hope some changes are made in order to satisfy this need of mine and probably many other gamers too.:(:S
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 08.09.2014
    i can feel ur pain.. :( that's all i can say.. 8)
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 08.09.2014
    There is a 100% foolproof method to win every mission you do, and GGS prefers you use this method rather than complain about how unfair everything is. Use gold to skip production time. Enough players use this method that GGS isn't going to change anything.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 08.09.2014
    Actually, using gold is only a foolproof way to make sure you spend gold. :) How can it be foolproof if two people use the same strategy? One will lose? :)

Missions aren't designed for you to win every time. Again see above, its just not possible. The best method I've found for getting Certs (and I have more than I could ever want, without spending a lick of gold) is play a lot. :)

If you can't play a lot, then you just have to wait until Time takes care of things as long as you are always in a mission when you are online. Either way, you'll get your certs eventually.

Winning Missions is certainly the 'fast track' to certs, but this game is about patience, and fun. If you enjoy a race, go for it, but understand that people with gold, or bigger farms are going to be able to race faster than you. When I needed certs, my motto was, "Any mission is a good mission, any certs I get are good certs." :)

-Y
    edited 09.09.2014
    Yakoska wrote: »
    When I needed certs, my motto was, "Any mission is a good mission, any certs I get are good certs." :)

-Y

Ah, we disagree on so many things, yet we still manage to get along in the same co-op. :)
    My motto when I need certs is, "Only missions I have a chance of winning are good missions - Everything else is a waste of my precious time."
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 09.09.2014
    Lucky you have people to play against... most missions lately I'm all on my lonesome :(
    edited 09.09.2014
    I prefer the solo missions. They're all worth doing.
  • Shaunnalee (US1)Shaunnalee (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 15.09.2014
    Could we please match the missions up closer to player levels? I am new player and usually the low man on the totem pole during missions so it's really tough to compete with higher level players and earn enough certificates to upgrade my tractors. Just would appreciate a more level playing field so we can all benefit
  • jennis (GB1)jennis (GB1) Posts: 2
    edited 19.09.2014
    Ok - so how can someone with 2 chicken coops - one level 3 and one level 4 - produce 347 eggs within minutes of the start of a mission? I have 6 coops - 4 level 3, one level 1 and one level 5 - in theory I should have won by a mile.

I have noticed this before with other mission - has anyone else?
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 19.09.2014
    Jennsi- they could have used super chicken feed and/or they have the library books or they could have used duck eggs. Most people have the items for a particular mission ready once it starts also.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 19.09.2014
    Some people use gold to speed through production. I have 8 chicken coops and a number of ducks (11 now, but it was less at the time I'm speaking of), and I was once beaten in an egg mission by a player with 2 chickens and 1 duck. That person posted an incredibly high score. Lots of real money being spent there! I figure, if they have such a strong need to win, they can have at it. I like to win, but I don't have to win. It's just a game, after all. :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 19.09.2014
    Of course we have. It's easy. Most players try to have their fields ready to harvest with special corn (f.i. when you were already in a flower mission, it is more likely that the next one for your fields will be a corn mission) and as soon as this mission comes around/starts, the player will harvest all his/her fields. Which means they can produce hundreds of corn within the very first minute.
    Their produce also depends on how many boosters they have bought from the library!

Same thing with the eggs! They just have their chickencoops ready to harvest and remember: the duck eggs from the Gourmet farm also count!!

I must admit: this is how I do play my missions, too. It is just a question of good strategy and time management!

Third possibility: they used gold to skip! I never use gold in my missions, but there are enough players who will!
  • jennis (GB1)jennis (GB1) Posts: 2
    edited 19.09.2014
    Thanks for the explanation folks - I agree Pingo42 it is just a game (love the dogs by the way).
  • HDbkrst69 (US1)HDbkrst69 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    edited 21.09.2014
    They could have used gold too. I have entered couple missions already where I competed with another who is really up in the level ranks, competes in missions and comes in first place every time. Big Games should have missions for those who want to use gold and those who actually work at production. It makes It fair.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 21.09.2014
    I do think anyone brought this up, but i sometimes use special seeds corn & wildflowers with humus to give me over 5000 to start out with of each, then just harvest like normal. Doing this does not cause me to use gold at all. Of course, When i do this it takes a minimum of 30 minutes before the WF are read, and 1 hour before the corn is ready, also, i do not start my egg mission (or try) until my duck eggs are ready and i can produce a lot of eggs
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 21.09.2014
    Just been given mission just 2 competing collect corn, got 4 and half hour wait for wheat,my score will be 0 but I thought when missions became available GS knew what you could compete in
  • Leafmold (GB1)Leafmold (GB1) Posts: 71
    edited 21.09.2014
    I never use gold on missions, no matter what level my competitors are. I do try to prepare by sowing special seeds though. And I have all the handbooks.
    I do get a bit of a thrill when I can thrash someone ten or twenty levels above me! Without the need to resort to gold. But, each to their own.
  • edited 21.09.2014
    Lesley52 wrote: »
    Just been given mission just 2 competing collect corn, got 4 and half hour wait for wheat,my score will be 0 but I thought when missions became available GS knew what you could compete in

No missions are thrown out there "randomly" which is bologna. It definitely does not read your farm to find out what you can do!

They said after the last mission update that it would take the mission that had been least played by the entire group of members competing in the mission, but that is definitely not the case.

I can get all 4 of my farms going at the same time (in four tabs/pages) and start missions in all four within the same minute...every farm will get the same exact mission. This has happened multiple times now.

I think it must be set at a time. Everyone who starts a mission during these 5 minutes gets eggs, and these 5 minutes gets corn, etc. So, the mission you get is made random by when you choose to run a mission.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 22.09.2014
    Just had mission collect dung This time able to take part (Hate missions) only doing them for island farm came 5th out of 5 Winner won by having over 1200 trips to toilet than me,so checked league table level 147 me level 70 Will have to do a few missions if they keep bring back island I got 7 certificates
  • tarise (US1)tarise (US1) Posts: 37
    edited 23.09.2014
    But what if you're a free player only cause you can't buy gold coins. It's not easy to earn gold coins as a free player. Is there a way to earn gold coins faster than the usual way? Sorry for the newb question but I just started playing 2 days ago and I'm still learning.
    edited 23.09.2014
    There was a time when they issued vouchers - sometimes the vouchers would be for gold. Now there are only a few ways that I know of for gold, the login bonus, levelling up, and paying for it and getting bonuses. As far as I know email bonuses have replaced vouchers and that may be the last way to get it.
  • Godless Wench (US1)Godless Wench (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 24.09.2014
    I saw something before stating that missions match players within a level range. This can't possibly be right, or there is something majorly wrong with my system. I keep getting matched with people two, three and four times my level.
    I have, on several occasions, been matched against ppl that were more than 100 levels above me. How do they really expect us to compete? When I was level 32 I was in a egg mission against someone who was over level 140. They had something like 12 chicks, and 18 ducks.
    Even as I level up (now 40), I am very often the lowest level in the mission by a large amount. Isn't there a way for GGS to make the missions fairer? Like group ppl within 10 levels above and below you. If you have a player level 30, pit them against those 20-40. It gets really frustrating when the mission starts and in under a minute, a competitor has 2000-3000. Happy farming all.

Ciao,
    Jan
    edited 25.09.2014
    That may be true, but I have only had about a 50 level difference I am a 99 and i have seen aboput a level 140 playing against me, but i am one of the lucky ones, also just wanted to say it used to be a lot worse for me, saw level 200 against me level 30 or below before they revised it
Sign In to comment.