Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism towards how people are acting on the forum

Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
Before I start to say my ranting, let me give you a bit of a background. I am real gamer, both when it comes to F2P and P2P games. F2P means Free to Play and P2P = Pay to Play. I have seen numerous of games been listening to complainers that are basically what you would call a casual player (a player that plays maybe twice a week or so) that really don't find the commitment to play the game in all aspects compared to the real addicted ones. And I have seen also numerous of games being destroyed because of the companies have listened to those casual players who easily just leave after a month or so. And no I haven't played Big Farm for that long (only 7 months) but yet I see the same pattern all over again, too many complaints about not getting enough gold offers, or even not good enough gold offers, from not enough time to do events etc. I am fully aware that a lot of people that are playing this is young children (for me teenagers are considered children) and what a lot of people have stated you are NEVER forced to buy gold. Not satisfied with a update? Give positive critics instead of just pouting and give angry comments, and I have seen people given positive critics. But I find more and more of the complaints coming from the same people and acting out like a spoiled child. And I am for one tired of seeing people bash on something that is free thanks to the people out there in the world that are willing to pay for the gold. Try to think of it at this way: you wouldn't keep returning to a store in reality if you didn't liked the service or the food etc, you wouldn't go in running and making hissyfits because they don't have enough sales now would you? GGS is the same way, if you honestly feel that GGS is over and over again screwing the game up. You can always walk the other way.

And believe me when I say this, no game whether it is free of have a actual subscription on it is never going to be satisfying for each and every player.
Post edited by Summers3 on

Comments

• bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 10.04.2014
    Well spoken (written :D) Summers - I totally agree :)
  • Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
    edited 10.04.2014
    bøffe3 wrote: »
    Well spoken (written :D) Summers - I totally agree :)

Thank you, just felt I had to "speak" up. I know there are a lot of people who agree with this as well as disagree.
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 10.04.2014
    I find it interesting on this forum a lot of the negative feedback is toward the game & people not getting what they paid for! but some of the people with the positive feedback toward the game "often" comes with a personal attack or complaints about the actual people complaining! yes there is a lot of negative on here at the moment but even though I do enjoy the game I also understand why people are feeling frustrated with the product some people have invested quite a lot of money in, I generally come in try find the answer to any questions I have then leave before getting too caught up in it....
    please don't take this offensively I understand it's frustrating for all sides & GGS staff.
    Peace ^^
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 10.04.2014
    I so totally agree! Well said, Summers!
    edited 10.04.2014
    Rubyfarmer , I don't take your opinion offensive at all :), but I think you misunderstood my original post.

Regarding people's complaint about not getting their money is for me very understandable, have been in that position myself from various games include this one (but was solved very fast in this game).

My original post is basically saying in short, if you ain't happy with what is happening and you feel being screwed over (with updates NOT buying gold) and you feel this game is too much focused on the actual company trying to have a sale so that you as a customer will buy it then perhaps it's time for you to move on. And as well it meant if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

I hope I clarified the meaning of my post, and have a great day/night evening (wherever you're playing from)
    edited 10.04.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    I so totally agree! Well said, Summers!

Thank you :) Have a great day/night (wherever you play from)
  • neriux777neriux777 Posts: 161
    edited 10.04.2014
    Hey there, if you don't like what is written in forum don't go to it, it's a game in all aspect's, and forum is part of if. What you missing? Whay you still in game and complayning about complayning? It's a game, so play it. Lot's of people in this game because of coops and forum it self. You sound like little kid.

And what forum is for? For exelent point how game is great? People living in there not just making "part" of the life. They have rights to, to be offended when they must buy something or when others getting something what they will newer get in the future.

This game for kids, so play together.
    edited 10.04.2014
    Try to read summers post again neriux :)
    You totally got it wrong :)

AND this games is for all, not just for kid ( well I hope so, or else I'm in the wrong place)

:D:D8)8)
    edited 10.04.2014
    bøffe3 wrote: »
    Try to read summers post again neriux :)
    You totally got it wrong :)

AND this games is for all, not just for kid ( well I hope so, or else I'm in the wrong place)

:D:D8)8)

Nop, I got it just right, kids forever :)
    edited 10.04.2014
    Well - I rest my case 8)8)8)
    edited 10.04.2014
    Neriux777
    I never said that this game should be only for a certain age, like Boffe said please do re-read my original post and if you do not understand the whole comprehension of it, feel free to ask about it. Even if you are a child or not, and this is a online game, people need to respect one another, and also respect others point of view. And the original post is MY point of view of things and everyone has the right to agree or disagree
    edited 10.04.2014
    Yep yep, it's all about you, sorry for may opinion :) It's your post :)
  • edited 10.04.2014
    Excellent post Summers - I very much agree with it.

~Space~
    edited 10.04.2014
    neriux777 wrote: »
    Yep yep, it's all about you, sorry for may opinion :) It's your post :)

I was going to respond , but I guess it won't matter, because I'd be talking to a wall. Have a nice day!
  • TheloneusTheloneus Posts: 12
    edited 10.04.2014
    I think you are abit wrong Summers, but i can understand you. You are wrong in saying players can just leave if they are unhappy. I often find the games, where I use the forum to complain, is games I like but think is going into a wrong direction. Ofc if they go into a totally different direction than what I like I stop playing it, but many times its a few aspects of the game that I like I complain about. The games where it goes well or that I am mostly indifferent towards I stay of the forums. Ok not totally cause I find it fun to read rage posts, but I certainly dont comment on them.
    I play other F2P games online but I dont think any of them have as huge a difference between paying (buying Gold, gems, nuggets or whatever the currency is in those games) customers towards non paying customers. For some players this is obviously a big issue, but I dont mind it cause it just means I play the game differently than them. I never do missions cause I cant win over the gold users. Its the same when it comes to the liberary. Fine its there, but by now I have mentally blocked it out visually from the map. Some havent and I think its fine they complain about that.
    About the pop-ups you get when logging on I can see that the critiscism has worked and I am glad. Again most other F2P games isnt as aggressive as GGS with stuff like that and to me it was just becoming way to much. Is it wrong of me to state my views on that?. Should I quit because I dont like that one aspect or raise my voice over it trying to lessen it to a, for me, tolerable level?
    In short without the whining, complaining, b*****g( see Kat Nip..I did it for you this time :D) the game would never evolve to player satisfaction, but only what half-assed sceeme the devs could come up with. And I have, and so must you, seen to many games getting ruined when player critic is silenced out. So all in all for me criticism is a good thing and those who have issues mostly, not allways, have good reason for the complaints
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 10.04.2014
    I agree with some of the sentiment, but I don't see how criticizing those who are dissatisfied with aspects of the game (especially if they are unable to articulate it well) is particularly fruitful.

So, I guess the question I have is, besides catharsis, what's the point of this topic? :/
  • chayenne92chayenne92 Posts: 1
    edited 10.04.2014
    me too, i totally agree, i do pay for gold and i haven't been active the last several months. But since two days i am again active and yesterday i asked to join a cooperative and this was my answer : language removed ..... :(, for what ? i just want to play this game because i like it and yes i pay for gold when i need to but i don't like it when people post things like that in my private box

Post edited by Kat Nip
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 10.04.2014
    What about the people who complain about complaining?? isn't it redundant?
    edited 10.04.2014
    TheloneusSince when is it wrong to state my opinion and it obvious is not the same as yours? If you saw the previous posts I clearly said that it's OK to have different opinions, we need that in order to have a debate.

I have seen other F2P games being as much as what you call "aggressive" if not more on the buying currency in their games, as well as barely being able to play, and that hasn't been my kind of fun so I have just left those games. Why? Because that was my option and my opinion. And like many others you have misunderstood this whole thing. I said if people don't like the direction of what GGS goes or any other company takes the game/supermarket store in reality or whatever, then you as a costumer has the option to go against it and leave. If your complaints haven't been heard and nothing happens, then it is a good thing to move on, because after all a company wants to earn money not loose it. But again that is my opinion, because I like to see some progress if I voice my opinion but if nothing happens after several of complains from the costumer.

Jaystarr
    Ever heard of stating your opinion and saying things from your point of view? That's what this thread is about. And as far as how articulate a person can be is something I have never mentioned. If you refer to Neriux777 I said in a non disrespectful way that I would be willingly to explain my context more easier for them. But unfortunately some people just want to take out bits from here and there and create something negative.

Rie222
    The topic says Criticism towards how people are acting on the forum, and if you read the whole post it was a opinion of how some people are acting towards others and against the gold offers. Again like I have said again and again, everyone has different opinions and thank goodness for that. I also have mentioned in some of the earlier posts that people need to respect others opinion and not just bash on others. And that what this thread is about.

So please stop focus on the negative parts and look at the whole picture that I am trying to point out
  • TheloneusTheloneus Posts: 12
    edited 10.04.2014
    Now now Summers. I never attacked your rights to state your oppinion. On the contrary actually. I am 100% for free speach. All I did was to say I dont agree with you 100% and try to explain why.
    edited 10.04.2014
    Good, then we are hawing some problems with language what different people using, and how others understanding it. We are speaking about
    Attachment not found.

What is "Discussion" for you?

One will say chicken - other one will say NO it's cock, and third will say - last evening I looked at that and decided that it's sheep, it was dark and I don't know for sure...
    WHO is right?

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 10.04.2014
    Summers3 wrote: »
    Ever heard of stating your opinion and saying things from your point of view? That's what this thread is about. And as far as how articulate a person can be is something I have never mentioned. If you refer to Neriux777 I said in a non disrespectful way that I would be willingly to explain my context more easier for them. But unfortunately some people just want to take out bits from here and there and create something negative.

Okay, let me get this straight. On your logic, one is allowed to state their opinion and say things from their point of view, as you say above.

So if people want to take things negatively, they are surely entitled to do that. But then, ironically, your whole topic is criticizing people who you think are being negative... so while you're allowed to do that, isn't that you being negative about people being negative, which you say is not a good thing? Since your view is pretty much that people should be constructive in their criticisms or leave the game, then surely the same applies to you: you ought also be constructive in your criticisms, or you should leave the forum.

So, again, I ask, what is the point of this topic? I'm not seeing one, so if I've missed something please let me know.
  • agueda3agueda3 Posts: 583
    edited 10.04.2014
    I also missed the point of this thread since there is enough of criticizing other players in the original thread. So if you're so sick of players complaining then follow your own advise and stay out of the forum since starting a thread complaining about 'complaining ' players put you in the same category, right?
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 10.04.2014
    Everyone that plays this game has the right to voice their opinion whether its good or bad. If you think people are being too negative then maybe you should stop reading what others post. If someone gets too out of control the CMs and Mods will take care of it. I don't see your title saying you're a CM or Mod. You've started a thread to complain about how others complain. Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? When people are upset about how the game is going they certainly have the right to voice their opinion and yea its gonna be negative sometimes.
  • Pink Clover (US1)Pink Clover (US1) Posts: 33
    edited 10.04.2014
    Summers3 wrote: »
    I am real gamer, both when it comes to F2P and P2P games.

As am I. And I absolutely understand what you are saying. Thought about saying it myself, but I sort of figured the response you got what was I would get and decided I didn't need the sadness that comes with that. So I found a good co-op (or should I say, they found me ... Thanks guys!) and I'm trying to stay away from the forums (was looking for a chart and saw your topic lol).

But I must say, the "dumbing down of games" (for lack of a better term) is what keeps me from investing (which is what we do when we use real money to buy a game outright or purchase items in a game) more money into them. Call me a nervous investor. lol
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 10.04.2014
    Cracking me up...someone starts a thread to complain and voice their opinion and folks show up in haste with a rebuttal that everybody has the right to complain and voice their opinion but the poster shouldn't complain and voice their opinion about others complaining and voicing their opinions. Shakes head, you just can't make this stuff up LOL!!!

By the way Summer, i agree with you and the points you were making :thumbsup:
    edited 11.04.2014
    Jaystarr
    When I first started this post, my thoughts weren't being negative more of seeing things from a adults perspective. And I guess that's where it separates my opinion and yours. And when I use the word negative in my earlier posts I was referring to people who are just looking to invoke a angry response, rather than a polite discussion on people's thoughts of the thread.

agueda3
    Contrary, I am not complaining about other people, the actual headline is apparently misleading. I am questioning people on the community of how they are behaving. Again, to trying to have people see things from another point of view. This is a very simple thing. A lot of people as you see, is agreeing with me on my original post and a lot of don't which is a discussion. And the fact is that if I were to really dislike the community I sure wouldn't have started thread and be this active. I would just do something else then writing a response.

jess_d
    I sure had the knowledge that this topic might would've rub some people in the wrong way, why? because this is my opinion and it's not agreeing with you. People should have their own opinion I still embrace and I never said (again) that it's only me, me, me and only ME is right and you're not. So you are misunderstanding me as well so the same answer to you as I just wrote to agueda3
    edited 11.04.2014
    Pink Clover
    What you said is the exactly what I mean, I fully understand you and agree.
    edited 11.04.2014
    Ok, now we are going somewhere I understud you. Sometimes I writing just in regular positive "school" language, and sometimes I using angry or selfish point of weaw. It's fun, it's game. Lot's of people just having fun from others, don't look at them, or play game what they playing with them to, have fun. Don't take it personaly.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 11.04.2014
    And again, Summers: I salute you for this thread, hats off for your posts!! Great answers/great reactions, too!
    I do so agree! Everybody is entitled to their opinion, whether positive, indifferent or negative towards upgrades/changes in the game - BUT: there is no need for namecalling, threathening, bullying, harassing, insulting, etc.... IMO!! That is always undesirable or uncalled for!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file