Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - April 3rd - Trumpety trump (April Fools joke)

Comments

• Nabil1366Nabil1366 Posts: 27
    edited 01.04.2014
    wait a minute.... so you wanna say that the update of the elephant is just a joke???!!!
  • riley063 (US1)riley063 (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 01.04.2014
    it is an april fools joke
  • mosquito3mosquito3 Posts: 3
    edited 01.04.2014
    I love the time chosen for update: UTF-8 :D Who doesn't know it is 8-bit Unicode Transformation Format.
    Good job GGS, you're great and I love your job and new gourmet farm! (P.S. It's not a Fool's Day joke :D )
  • mosquito3mosquito3 Posts: 3
    edited 01.04.2014
    Oh. And those little farm people going backwards is also a Joke, isn't it? :D
  • cariberrycariberry Posts: 87
    edited 01.04.2014
    hey wheres steve you said he appears once a year on his birthday and his birthday is today ^_^
  • edited 01.04.2014
    Happy April Fool's day! Of course it is a joke. It seems it "Got" several players too :) Angry complaints on THIS thread are actually quite funny. LMAO!!!

Moonshine1962
  • CupKateCupKate Posts: 203
    edited 01.04.2014
    Due to players abusing issues with the word "farm", this word won't be usable in ingame messages or chat any more.
    Might I also suggest other offensive words such as "stable", "good" "field", "games" "gourmet", "flower" and "studio". I don't even want to go into how these words have been abused at times, and the things said in the chat rooms - absolutely disgusting!

Since players reported problems identifying their buildings, we will now show all buildings as level 1 buildings, regardless of their actual level
    I think level 0 would be more practical.

Premium color changed to pink
    I don't have a problem with this as long as you include white pokadots.

I am laughing so hard lol Rusty Farmer.
    GGS HAS ONE AMAZING SENSE OF HUMOR!! Geez I was like: 27x2?! HOW ARE WE GOING TO FIT EVERYTHING ELSE! ??

Hehee, I had no idea it was going to be an april fools joke. I'm so stupid. :P
    THANKS GGS!!

LOL HAHA. You got Jaystarr2 all excited there. SO MEAN.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • smudger81805smudger81805 Posts: 14
    edited 01.04.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    I'm sorry you don't like the update, unlimited5.

But.. we need a use for peanuts. :(
    Didn't you notice you can get those on the gourmet farm as well now?
    Peanuts can be turned into peanut butter,would be better idea.
    No need for a elephant,this aint a ZOO,its a farm as you staff keep telling us all.
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 01.04.2014
    You know what GGS... I've always been an open man for a good joke... but after the giant mess you have just created with the GF, I think you were a bit out of line here and I didn't find it remotely funny... well, some of it was funny, but as soon as I remember what you just did to my GF, I lost the giggles real fast.

If I may suggest something to you guys: If you want to boost the morale of the players, I would advise you to correct the MAJOR blunder you just did. I have made some calculations this morning and the GF with the new bakery is not a source of profit but a money pit and advised all my members to stop using it as soon as they got rid of what they have transferred in it.

Fix this and then make jokes. Trust me, if they are funny, I'll laugh my a$$ off. But you need to fix this first.

BTW... I'm not destroying my Bakery yet. I will wait for you to turn around and correct your mistake. In the mean time, my GF will become what you wanted to prevent: A Mass Production Farm. You leave no other choice.

IO
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 01.04.2014
    CupKate wrote: »
    LOL HAHA. You got Jaystarr2 all excited there. SO MEAN.

It's very sad, I've been asking "where's my elephant" for over a year since I joined this game back in like 2012. And then today GGS made me think for a minute that I would get my elephant, but it was just a horrible joke. What a tease, GGS. I'm sick of your lies and empty promises.

Way to crush my dreams.

:(
  • SoftAllan (SKN1)SoftAllan (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 10
    edited 01.04.2014
    connerk wrote: »
    I was actually hoping the bakery was the April Fools joke
    he he :D Now THAT was a good one :)
  • Mommy and CMommy and C Posts: 5
    edited 01.04.2014
    1) Please tell me you are not limiting the message size to 20 characters.. You can't even ask a question to get help if you guys do that to us.

2) Please tell me that you are NOT changing buildings back to level one. I have worked hard to be able to see the different buildings, and would prefer to be able to continue to do so.

3) I really hope you do not remove the new progress bars. It makes it so much easier to see what is going on.

4) As for the even drops, I don't know who had an easy time, but the two events I participated in, I barely finished. Any harder and I won't even try because there will be no way for someone to finish who doesn't use gold.

5) Your joke was ridiculous.
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 01.04.2014
    Ha, these were funny! But then again, I love sarcasm so I love stuff like this lol. ;) Sad part is, is that I kind of want an elephant now, albeit smaller lol. ;) And though the air "fresheners" were a joke, I really wish I could get my hands on a cow-scented one; I have some farmer relatives and I'd love to stick one under the seat of one of their vehicles where they can't see it and then watch them go crazy trying to find the smell and figure out how one of their cows pooped in their car! Lol.;)

On a serious note, I really would like a farm cat or two... *hint hint* :)
  • edited 01.04.2014
    LOL, what day is this? Gotcha. Did you notice the people are walking backwards?
  • Jim52Jim52 Posts: 45
    edited 01.04.2014
    The happiness on the gourmet farm will be very variable - as stated in the announcement. If you put your silo in the right place, happiness should no longer be a problem, really... you will just have to make sure that you don't freak your other animals out. Everything else really should not be a big problem. Just use the redecorate tool to find out the best spot to put the training camp in. I'm sure it will be updated soon. ;)

The irony here is that this is pretty much exactly the same as the mod feedback from the happiness achieved update.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 01.04.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    It's very sad, I've been asking "where's my elephant" for over a year since I joined this game back in like 2012. And then today GGS made me think for a minute that I would get my elephant, but it was just a horrible joke. What a tease, GGS. I'm sick of your lies and empty promises.

Way to crush my dreams.

:(

And I was further saddened that your link would not play for me - is it the "I like elephants" song I found on Youtube? Coz I was missing the "where's my elephant" line in that ... (I like "Nellie the Elephant" whom I now fondly imagine ravaging the remains of our former GFs).
    edited 01.04.2014
    Haha Snork, I found a youtube version of it which might work better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx7k9JV1QxE

:D
    edited 01.04.2014
    Haha Snork, I found a youtube version of it which might work better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx7k9JV1QxE

:D

Oh yeah, neat! We should pipe that into the GG headquarters until you get the promised one.

Here are the slow one and my old favourite.

ETA: please note that GG/Nafaru took the "trumpety trump" from this song (amirite?)
  • black beutty24black beutty24 Posts: 1
    edited 01.04.2014
    gust like me in my farm all the people are walking backwards lol
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 01.04.2014
    I feel that this April Fools Day joke could not have come at a worse time.. Morale is low, due to all the changes that have occurred recently.. I'm all about having fun, and kidding around, but why place the joke in an area where we look to for new information on the game..Just feel that this joke today will be the straw the broke the camels back.. Did you see how many people are responding thinking that the jokes are true??

So thank you GGS for the April Fools Day joke, but could you have NOT done it alltogether??!!
  • Mitsumi2Mitsumi2 Posts: 132
    edited 01.04.2014
    Come on guys, it was just a fun joke. I don't know what you're referring to with "low morale" but I like the new Gourmet Farm. So there.
  • stef911stef911 Posts: 3
    edited 01.04.2014
    Nice April fool joke. :D
    I´m surprised how many sad people and people without any humor is in here.
    And hint guys, if you're in doubt, you can try to actually read the thread.

Well done GGS :D
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 01.04.2014
    I wasn't whining, and I too have to come here to forward information onto my team, so my opinion counts as well, so sorry if you don't like it. It's comments like some peoples that unfortunately, make people feel uncomfortable.. to even post in here in the first place, this is supposed to be a kind and friendly environment, and welcoming!! Let me just say that my opinion counts, so please refrain from the rudeness, I know its a game, and I'm telling you my perspective!! gees already!!
  • edited 01.04.2014
    Mitsumi2 wrote: »
    Come on guys, it was just a fun joke. I don't know what you're referring to with "low morale" but I like the new Gourmet Farm. So there.
    most including myself are enjoying and having fun with these changes.but i can vouch for chicaa when she say's morale has taken a hit.people already overwhelmed working against the clock,with trying to get the bakery done.to wake up to that, wasn't really needed. i understand it's april fools day but this wasn't funny,bad timing for a stupid joke.we've had 3 walk so far today. that's more than in 3 months.thanks ggs.
    edited 02.04.2014
    We also had our first EVER leave the co-op because of a game update. And our co-op has been around for over a year.
  • MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 02.04.2014
    jaystarr your avatar pic shows your mood :D
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 02.04.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    Here are the slow one and my old favourite.

ETA: please note that GG/Nafaru took the "trumpety trump" from this song (amirite?)

yesyouare :D
    edited 02.04.2014
    We also had our first EVER leave the co-op because of a game update. And our co-op has been around for over a year.

Could we perhaps have a place to collect that data? Because at the installation of the Happiness Removed, our co-op leader left for good/bad (and us in the lurch) and many others did, too. It's not just us huffing and puffing. They had lots of gold buildings on their farm and just threw it all in. Not the right place here, I know, but still a big deal.
    edited 02.04.2014
    yes you are :D

..... 8) .....
    edited 02.04.2014
    Where's the delete function gone? :(
Sign In to comment.