Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Daily Spud - NEWS - on discord https://discord.com/channels/820962964391198741/11236309348314154

Comments

• kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 04.08.2014
    spent 8 years in hawaii, looking forward to it
  • edited 04.08.2014
    Happily waiting in line for my tropical plane ticket.
    Hey Enzio....pull up that prop plane of yours I see you flying around, lets take off! 8)
  • freerange (US1)freerange (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 05.08.2014
    Farm Foreman Heat Stricken!

Between over excitement about his upcoming island vacation and continuous clear and sunny weather conditions, Main farm foreman Mr. Pushypants was overcome by heat stroke today. Workers first began suspecting there was a problem when he pointed at the cow shed and said, "The new neighbor and the chickens." They were sure something was up when he waved his arms agitatedly at the chicken coop and shouted, "Never buy a pig in a poke!" But the last straw was when he pushed people toward the silo and repeated over and over, "A feast for a good cause." At this point a few workers who wish to remain anonymous "accidentally" tipped him off the side of the bridge into the Koi Pond. They beat a hasty retreat as he was heard yelling unprintable things involving a boot and the Shed. Now everyone is avoiding him as they wait for him to cool off in more ways than one. In the meantime, Mrs. Pushypants is quite capable of telling people what to do, but she is disappointed that a visit to a tropical location is now out of the question.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 06.08.2014
    8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

CLEAR AND SUNNY!.....But the waterfall is frozen solid! :)

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)
    edited 09.08.2014
    This week's winning lotto numbers: 4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Sue-ana (US1)Sue-ana (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 11.08.2014
    Fancy Tropical Hut
    So your Island residents might be wondering if it is better to have a fancy house.. Here are some reasons why they should and how it works

Indoor plumbing - The water comes from a natural spring in the side of the great Waterfall to the North, the water is piped through Super bamboo (a rare type of bamboodiscovered by Dr Bamboozled on this island). The Super Bamboo pipes run right into the fancy huts bypassing the regular huts!! The other residents think this is unfair. But when you have coins carved out of coconut you might as well spend them say the Fancy House Owners

Electricity- A wire runs out to the lemur pen from the inside of house. In the pen it is attached to a wheel and the lemurs were staring at the wheel... I know what your thinking that they run inside the wheel But no. A grape vine runs along the fence and as the grapes drop the lemurs scurry up the outside of the wheel to reach them and by doing this the wheel spins creating power that is run to the house through wires covered in coconut husks.

Psssttt regular Hut Owners here is a smart and easy way to run power to your hut ;)

Use a can of Orange Fizz pour Orange Fizz in a plastic cup, cut a strip of copper and and cut a strip of aluminum from the disguarded orange fizz can. Bend the strips over the cup with an end in the liquid. Attach an aligator clip to both strips of metal with a wire running from clip. PLEASE NOTE!!! these are bought at farm hardware store DO NOT use a real aligator!!! As very different and often undesireable results will occur. Run the wire from aligator clips to a small power box inside hut and run wires to your appliances :)If you have more than one Appliance you might want to use a KEG of orange Fizz.

This is Sue-ana Reporting news for the Daily Spud... weather it is baked, half baked or Mashed we have the news for you as it happens.

PSSS FarmerJohn it is clear and sunny on my farm :). Probably because I named my farm Clear and Sunny ;)
    edited 12.08.2014
    The Lottery Headquarters announced today that there were a record number of jackpot winners! Over 28 million people selected the winning numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42, and will get to split the $28 million dollar jackpot! The total amount each player will receive is approximately $1.08 (before taxes). Congratulations! :)
    edited 12.08.2014
    LOL, Is that farm dollars or island dollars?
    edited 13.08.2014
    freerange6 wrote: »
    LOL, Is that farm dollars or island dollars?

Lottery Officials will dispense winnings in any currency you prefer.
    Please note: The IRS does not accept shells as payment! ;(
    edited 16.08.2014
    8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

CLEAR AND SUNNY!.....with high humidity due to cash evaporation. :whistling:

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 17.08.2014
    R.o.l.f :):):)
    edited 20.08.2014
    This morning while taking a pleasant stroll along the beach of my island farm, I noticed that a bottle had washed ashore. Imagine my surprise when I found that it contained a message! I really don't like to pry and read other people's mail, but I just couldn't resist! Here is what it said:

Dear Johnny Apple,

I should have my head examined for ever getting myself mixed up in your crazy plan to build a farm on your island! I have spent a friggin' FORTUNE on that place, and what do I have to show for it? A pile of stinkin' SHELLS!! X( You gotta be kiddin' me! I live in FLORIDA! We use those for paving ROADS here!! You're darn lucky that I found a sucker to take those things off my hands in exchange for some seeds. But I ain't lettin' you off the hook that easy, mister! If I ever get my hands on you, I'm gonna fill your pockets with horseshoes and toss your sorry butt off the pier!!! :cursing:

Sincerely,
    Your EX-friend, FJ
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 20.08.2014
    lmao farmerjohn, yet again you have given me a well needed laugh :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 20.08.2014
    ROFL !!!! Farmerjohn, this can't be good for anyones health, such laughter!! This hurts diaphragms!! :thumbsup:
  • Sue-ana (US1)Sue-ana (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 20.08.2014
    I have been away on special assignment but I am back with some news.

I have been interviewing Island Farmers and sneaking around the beach at night.I still have sand in my stilettos
    The fact is there are many advantages to the island farms that are not quiet clear right away.I will be reporting more but here is a start.

There will be a Horseshoe Tournament held next Monday.

FIRST PRIZE - a one way ticket off the island!! Wow what a prize.
    SECOND PRIZE- 30 days Free drinks at the Island Bar
    THIRD PRIZE- a shovel and treasure map to go dig up more sea shells on the beach so you can be ready for the next tournament

The Person that reaches 25 Points first is the winner ( I have no idea how to count horseshoe points but this is my story so we are doing it my way :) )

The markers to count points (and I know you will all love this one) will be PIGS. Yes that is right the first person with 25 pigs in their lap wins. Of course if you can throw horseshoes with 25 pigs in your lap you should win a prize.
    You have to bring your own horseshoes. If you don't have any than your just out of luck !!! You should have been wasting money faster on island to get shells to buy seeds to load on ship to be paid in horseshoes.

I hope to see many of you register while I sit up in the Media section sipping Island Slush.

This is Sue-ana reporting for The Daily Spud we bring the news to you when it happens weather it is mashed baked or fried
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 21.08.2014
    Why haven't I visited this Daily Spud before!!!!???? This is wonderful!! Such a light hearted fun place to visit when in need of a break from the vigorous daily work of farming!!
    More ..more... more please! Chalk up another fan of the Daily Spud!

p.s. Sue-ana I am running out right now to buy more seeds so as to get more horseshoes!! I want to give this Horseshoe Tournie a good ol' college try!! Save a slush for me!!
  • edited 03.09.2014
    ISLAND COLLAPSE!!!!!
    Recently a high level business conglomerate promised Islanders that their development would infuse millions into the island economy. And so it did.

Thousands of high rolling, big spending Main Landers looking for a retreat flooded the island, planting orchards, crops and bringing in animals from all over the world that the Islanders had never seen before.
    Alas, even though the Islanders asked only for homes and a few decorations for enjoyment, the other expenses were just too high for the Main Landers to continue.

As we checked this morning, fields , coconut groves and banana’s had disappeared. The exotic animals, who no longer had food, escaped from their pens and wander the jungle regions in search of a meal and pray they don’t become something else’s meal.
    The Island Bank is now closed, however a mysterious small light in the back indicates maybe a stray Main Lander searching for final island dollars.

Beach Bar remains open as it depletes it’s final reserves of Orange Fizz, but the Islanders appear to have no interest in the depleting stock.

We will try to keep you posted on any developments but it appears the Island Venture is collapsing.
    edited 03.09.2014
    Great reporting, QuietFloridian! I hate to say this, but I've been seeing this coming for almost a month now! You're right! Collapse is imminent! All farmers should prepare themselves for an immediate EMERGENCY EVACUATION! ;( Remember, there's only so much room on that plane! And I suggest that farmers not mention this to their workers. We wouldn't want to cause a panic! Just tell them you're going to visit a sick friend. Yeah, they'll buy that! ^^
    edited 04.09.2014
    8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

DANGER!...STORM WARNING!Take all of your shells and leave the island now! ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :(

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)
  • kiupio5kiupio5 Posts: 33
    edited 05.09.2014
    this is Some-one (Kiupio) reporting,
    the Political problem-
    :::::::::::::::::::::::
    Few days back in cooperative no.22 in meadow town , the owner hereby reported that the leader has been attacked by her deputy and is missing .It is said that the deputy has taken over the leaders position. all villagers and the owner fear their new leader and are against him. They were protesting holding pluck cards showing -WE WANT OUR FORMER LEADER BACK !X( All the investigators from around big farm are searching for the leader.?(
    Thats all for now,
    WE will come back with more news,
    Till then stay tuned.8)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 25.09.2014
    ~~ SEEING DOUBLE !! ~~
    ======================

Following continued speculation that GGS has been using Lookalike stand ins for game characters, to cover the demands of so many servers, there has been uproar in the community today when 2 Benny`s were caught on camera at the same farm!!!!

BennyTwins_zps65d0048e.png

In an interview with the snap-happy farmer, she said "I was casually perusing Benny`s seeds, when I was shocked to see Benny pull up in another truck offering feed & mystery boxes" she went on to say "Benny & Benny looked very uncomfortable, but I was able to grab a shot of them, using my cellphone, before Benny could speed away".

GGS have declined to comment to previous claims of duplicate characters roaming the grid, but in the light of this recent development they did release a statement saying "We would like to assure the Big Farming community that all our characters are genuine & we cannot comment on any alleged evidence to the contrary, as we have not have the opportunity to examine it"

Speculation is now growing as to how Tessa has managed to have so many holidays, in so many different places, at the same time & concerns are also rising regarding the safety of building work carried out by potentially "fake" Steves!!

We will keep you updated with further developments as they come in!!
    edited 25.09.2014
    Great reporting, RWS! Those geniuses at GGS have really done it this time! Their latest update must have created a breach in the space time continuum! ;(
  • Algerhugz (US1)Algerhugz (US1) Posts: 56
    edited 25.09.2014
    Farmer Alger here,

Well it seems there has been a major theft spreading far and wide thru out Big Farm today.... Many are reporting they are missing all the island funds they had transferred. Also farmers far and wide are stating that the theft reaches even there main farms as they are missing big equipment from there garages. Some how these thieves even managed to undo upgrades to the green house and mine. It seems who ever these farmers hired to bring in the new heavy equipment must be an international group of super thieves. The local authorities are investigating and hopes to have some type of resolution in place either later today or tomorrow.

This is Algerhugz reporting live from the bank on Island Paradise where today is not much of a paradise for all those involved in the missing items.

More updates as they become available.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 26.09.2014
    Hilarious Scissors and Alger! LOL!! :D
  • Algerhugz (US1)Algerhugz (US1) Posts: 56
    edited 27.09.2014
    Farmer Alger here again, Not quite sure what the authorities have figured out, However upon visiting my farm and neighbor farms it seems we have traveled back in time some strange time warp or perhaps the aliens that visit us once in a while.... Many are complaining about losing 24-36 hours of work.... Perhaps this is the way the authorities decided to try to get our things back from the Thieves however now many are missing things they gained after the theft occurred. Well thats all I have for this update... Stay tuned to the Daily Spud for more information as it becomes available.

Algerhugz reporting live from BigFarm.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 27.09.2014
    ~~ BREAKING NEWS !! ~~
    ======================

Following recent developments in the Lookie-Likie Character scandal, reports are flooding in of possible charleton Montys!!! 8o

They have been spotted at farms all over the grid & while their Wheels appear to be legitimate, they do not in fact possess all the prizes displayed, resulting in farmers winning a excetionally large amount of Dung!!

Complaints of large piles of poop on several farms has led to concerns of air pollution & general whiffiness and one farmer fears for the safety of his dog, stating "He was last seen rolled up his blanket over by the Silo, when a huge mound of dung flew from the farmhouse roof and landed on the doghouse!!"

More news as we get it !! :thumbsup:
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 28.09.2014
    Oh - too funny! LOL!
    edited 30.09.2014
    8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

CLEAR AND SUNNY!.......And I'll go out on a limb here and predict a MAJOR storm will hit the island in 22 days! ;(

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)
  • funfarm123funfarm123 Posts: 6
    edited 02.10.2014
    breaking news!

There have been reports of Johnny Apple speaking gibberish! Here's what a witness had to say. "I clicked on a task on the island farm and there was random writing like bla blah"
    Was it a glitch?If you don't believe it, have a look at this photo:
    Attachment not found.
    We'll keep up to you with this story
    Funfarm123
  • Carol Wmsn1Carol Wmsn1 Posts: 51
    edited 13.10.2014
    What happened to the Daily Spud News? Upon walking in the door I saw that all the offices are empty as if there hasn't been a soul here in 10 days. All the desks are full of dust and cobwebs. I wonder if they all went camping?

Can someone contact the sheriff and have him investigate where they all went? I really miss reading my paper while having apple pie from our very own Bakery.
Sign In to comment.