Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

GGS read this

Comments

• Gigi105442Gigi105442 Posts: 3
    edited 14.03.2014
    GGS please reconsider!!
    I joined GGS over a year ago and have enjoyed playing and working within the coop i am in...buying gold because i chose to buy gold...and use as I went along the way....I have met many new friends and really enjoy... I just feel
    you are asking for more gold than you use to and seems any new upgrade requires gold and lots of it...I do not understand that part but what i know is that I have put alot of work into my farm and energy along with time and lots of gold spent...Isn't this suppose to be about fun and meeting new friends, working as a team when one is in a coop and have you considered the amount of people that have nothing but the game in their life as well as those that have medical disabilities and this is all they look forward to each and every day I am sure they can not afford
    spending more gold as well....please reconsider these upgrades carefully please seems like things are changing but not how we have been told I also have saved up decorations for that 4th farm and not sure will even use them...
    Thank you, Sincerely, Gigi10544
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 14.03.2014
    :(I too was saving extra decorations for the fourth farm. now what do I do with them? no need to do the wheel anymore. do events or anything you get a decoration. I have plenty of extra in my gift box. mostly from the wheel. maybe you guys could add a side to the farms we already have. make the main farm bigger. was really looking forward to the fourth farm. I like this game, but when the farms are upgraded as far as they can go, what else is there? again thought of less to spend gold on. the wheel, finishing things early, because I wont have farm money.
  • JessieAnnJessieAnn Posts: 5
    edited 14.03.2014
    I will be voting with my feet. I will no longer be playing which in turn means no more buying gold. As soon as this update hits I'm out of here. This is absolute insanity and I have no desire to be a part of it any more. So long Big Farm all your players are starting to drop like flies. Congratulations!!
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 14.03.2014
    Out of the 7 people who have so far voted that they like the update, I see comments from 2 or 3 here in the thread. Are the others unbiased individuals such as the CM's and perhaps an Accountant or two who has snuck on to vote?

I voted like because I don't really dislike the idea. I guess for me I decorate my farm with the goal of it having a theme and sometimes the decos don't give me 100% happiness. Right now my farms are a mess as I am trying to rearrange everything and I want to wait until the gourmet farm update to see what I want to do with it.

I don't know, I just can't get so upset about a game, I mean look at all the controversy when the shovels came out. I am just going to wait until the update comes out and see what happens. I don't understand why people would demolish stuff on their farms now, it just makes no sense to me.

I can also assure you that I am definitely not an accountant as the math involved in this game just gives me a headache :D.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 14.03.2014
    GGS ... the most successful browser or game apps ... never tried to achieve success by forcing the players of their game to spend more and more money in order to play it. In fact, they did everything to please their players and to minimize the amount of money that is spent in order to popularize the game with the masses.

Mods, is ANY of this getting through to GG?

Because this isn't just about the latest Unhappiness Inflication, it's about the ongoing Down-grades; players post intelligent, rational and completely correct statements. Most of them have alternative games already. BF is going down the drain, every new update taking AWAY things instead of creating more and new content. GG is biting the hand that feeds it, hoping to get more food that way.

It needs to stop.
  • edited 14.03.2014
    I'm an Undertaker and I used to dig this game. I also used to be an acting accountant but now I just can't work it out nor do I find the ledger to be balanced. I just hope my next job won't be a sewerage treatment worker.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 14.03.2014
    I guess you could say that after this update no one's happiness will ever be 100% :D:D Get it?
    edited 14.03.2014
    I guess you could say that after this update no one's happiness will ever be 100% :D:D Get it?

Yes I get it, I just refuse to get all stressed out over it. I play this game to relax. For me it is just a game and the day it does become stressful is the day I won't play anymore. Work and life is stressful enough without adding an online game to the mix. However, this is just my opinion and people have the right to get upset about it if they want to. I just choose not to that is all, for me it is wasted energy. I was just trying to explain why I chose the like option :D.
  • edited 14.03.2014
    Yes, I'm with you there, maxiroy, which is why I'm leaving again.... I was just pointing out that a grand total of (now) 10 out of 88 have voted to say that they like the update. Surely this should tell GGS something?
    edited 14.03.2014
    I think one problem is that not everyone who plays really participates in the forum. There are lots in my co-op that just come to see the updates and that is it. They never post. There are some that don't come here at all.

I won't let you leave I like your posts! :D
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 14.03.2014
    I'm an Undertaker and I used to dig this game. I also used to be an acting accountant but now I just can't work it out nor do I find the ledger to be balanced. I just hope my next job won't be a sewerage treatment worker.

Undertaker I created an ID in your server to check your farm and it is beautiful.I liked your idea and want to implement on mine too but now have to think about it.Between I like your posts too.Please don't leave :-)
    These days I can hardly see your posts.
    edited 14.03.2014
    wanna see wanna see Undertaker post a pic!
  • kelly19873kelly19873 Posts: 4
    edited 14.03.2014
    hey ggs i like the game but i not buy any more gold
  • evadenzinevadenzin Posts: 15
    edited 14.03.2014
    Leave it here!

i completely agree to dahow92. this game is becoming more of a crap, taking on your nerves, its not fun anymore...
    i saw many Higher & Middle Level players have left this game. i'm also looking for a better alternative.

the current reaction by all the players is not just bcoz of 18 March update; rather it's an outburst accumulated over time bcoz of the bad policies of the GGS
  • fro3fro3 Posts: 42
    edited 14.03.2014
    GGS I own my own business so I understand that, as a business, you are trying to maximize your profits. But if you use the most successful browser or game apps as a model for success, you will notice that the developers of those games never tried to achieve success by forcing the players of their game to spend more and more money in order to play it. In fact, they did everything to please their players and to minimize the amount of money that is spent in order to popularize the game with the masses. It's this popularity that has allowed them to maximize their profit margins by having advertisers begging to spend top dollar in order to advertise on their game. I agree with Paultje19752 that recently, you've seemed to focus on creating upgrades to the game that focuses on players spending more money instead of less. This is a poor business model because it will eventually cause more and more players to leave the game because they can no longer afford to play it because of the high expense. The best business model for game developers is to focus on bilking advertisers out of their profits instead of going after the game players who are the ones who will make or break your game's popularity. Take this advice and forgo this nonsense and start trying to make your game more popular instead of focusing on trying to make all of your money off of your players.

THIS is spot on. Your business model is garbage, GGS. I am a gold player and I've been here for around a year. I will never spend another cent on this game and quite frankly, it has gotten boring anyway. It feels like a chore every time I log on. I have given you hundreds of dollars but all you do is deceive us at every turn so I regret every penny of it. I play many other games like this and yours is BY FAR the most expensive and the VERY LEAST concerned about customer satisfaction. YOU screwed up your math and now you punish us for it? I worked hard and spent a lot of REAL LIFE DOLLARS to get my farm to 100% happy and I still do work hard, every time I add another house to get workers to run the more and more levels you keep adding to the fields, production buildings, etc. We keep buying gold and you keep changing the rules. THIS IS NOT OKAY. Keep adding your million reasons for us to buy gold- I, for one, will not be buying anymore. I really didn't think you could get any more disappointing but you've proved me wrong with this proposed update. I am utterly disgusted.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 14.03.2014
    Actually, I think GGS's business model is something like this:

There are a LOT more lower level people who play this game than players level, say, 80+.

If you do things that will appeal to lower level players, more of them will play the game and maybe spend gold.

If you piss off higher leveled players so they leave or don't spend gold, others will level and fill those spots. And overall since there are fewer of them you end up with more players playing the game in total.

It's a pretty crappy business model since it means you don't focus on retention of players at all, but hey it works.
  • fro3fro3 Posts: 42
    edited 14.03.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Actually, I think GGS's business model is something like this:

There are a LOT more lower level people who play this game than players level, say, 80+.

If you do things that will appeal to lower level players, more of them will play the game and maybe spend gold.

If you piss off higher leveled players so they leave or don't spend gold, others will level and fill those spots. And overall since there are fewer of them you end up with more players playing the game in total.

It's a pretty crappy business model since it means you don't focus on retention of players at all, but hey it works.

In a global society and in this competitive business of online social gaming, your reputation is everything. If, as shown in this poll, 75% of your customers are unhappy- word gets around. A poor reputation will sink your ship. In any case, are the newbie players really spending enough to support all those paychecks if everyone in the top co ops stop buying gold?
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 14.03.2014
    I agree.

There'll come a point when enough people leave and the number of people who have left and think the game is in ill repute outweigh the number who still play the game. And I guess that will be the time when this game closes since it's not profitable. :P

But does anyone know how other language forums are reacting to the proposed update? Or people on facebook or anything? (I'm not on FB, so I can't see. :P )
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 14.03.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    I agree.

There'll come a point when enough people leave and the number of people who have left and think the game is in ill repute outweigh the number who still play the game. And I guess that will be the time when this game closes since it's not profitable. :P

But does anyone know how other language forums are reacting to the proposed update? Or people on facebook or anything? (I'm not on FB, so I can't see. :P )

Explosive :P I know at least the German forums and Portuguese forums have exploded the same way we did. Though the Germans rather blame the Mass Production farms instead of GGS XD Also Facebook seems to have exploded - haven't read it though - only heard about it.
  • edited 14.03.2014
    The only thing GGS will really understand, is the lack of GOLD BUYING! That is the only way to get them to change. They have enjoyed the gold and now are greedy. Well, when they lose gold (because we're losing our game), they might be happy to go back to the "good old days". NO MORE GOLD BUYING FOR ME, until things get made right.
  • kjy2kjy2 Posts: 9
    edited 14.03.2014
    You promise soooooooooooo much.
    You do not deliver.
    You should allow,Players the option of choice,As surely we are the cogs in the machine,That keeps the game going,I have spent stupid amounts of money on BF,i am now regretting it,Its such a shame, you have to make changes which do not benefit
    all players,i am sure,That i am not a minority.
    It is however inevitable, That you would have gone down the "GOLD " road,Thus a mass debate and boycott,which i saw coming when you decided to change the surrounding farms, with goodies which we wish would disappear until active.
    Its all about the money,And i for one plays Bf to escape real life,relax and unwind,I work hard for my money,And frankly have better things to spend my money on,However my addiction to Bf had me spending,I am not adverse to the odd pound here and there (i wish).
    I think the long and the short of it is "YOU WILL LOSE PLAYERS" in masses.
    So please find better ways to make us spend.
    Update decorations.
    extra land for main farm.
    listen to player ideas.
    first and foremost LISTEN TO YOUR PUBLIC,WHEN THEY SPEAK.
    All that said,Nothing will change you will still create havoc and make the game unfair,tedious and boring.
    Prepare to lose money lol.
  • kjy2kjy2 Posts: 9
    edited 14.03.2014
    Make buying gold, worth our while as well as yours!!!!!!!!!!
  • tcape0037 (US1)tcape0037 (US1) Posts: 55
    edited 15.03.2014
    It's a very sad day when silly rants are the only comments left to be seen. :(
  • tcape0037 (US1)tcape0037 (US1) Posts: 55
    edited 15.03.2014
    maxiroy2 wrote: »
    I think one problem is that not everyone who plays really participates in the forum. There are lots in my co-op that just come to see the updates and that is it. They never post. There are some that don't come here at all.

We do. We are censored or deleted.
    edited 15.03.2014
    tcape0037 wrote: »
    We do. We are censored or deleted.

Ummm I'm sure there are lots of other people that play and don't post.
  • mulberryman2mulberryman2 Posts: 33
    edited 15.03.2014
    GGS I own my own business so I understand that, as a business, you are trying to maximize your profits. But if you use the most successful browser or game apps as a model for success, you will notice that the developers of those games never tried to achieve success by forcing the players of their game to spend more and more money in order to play it. In fact, they did everything to please their players and to minimize the amount of money that is spent in order to popularize the game with the masses. It's this popularity that has allowed them to maximize their profit margins by having advertisers begging to spend top dollar in order to advertise on their game. I agree with Paultje19752 that recently, you've seemed to focus on creating upgrades to the game that focuses on players spending more money instead of less. This is a poor business model because it will eventually cause more and more players to leave the game because they can no longer afford to play it because of the high expense. The best business model for game developers is to focus on bilking advertisers out of their profits instead of going after the game players who are the ones who will make or break your game's popularity. Take this advice and forgo this nonsense and start trying to make your game more popular instead of focusing on trying to make all of your money off of your players.

finally someone is making sense
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 15.03.2014
    After reading these posts two songs popped into my head, "Gold Digger" by Kanye West (not a huge fan but the only song I know of with Gold Digger in the Title). The second was "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado, only I kept hearing Gold Digger instead XD

Any relation to what's been going on here? I said in earlier posts they want money more. You can't keep every player happy, no matter what you do in the game. It's impossible. BUT trying to force players to buy buy buy is not the right way to go. The negativity in this forum has been extreme lately, and for good reason.

However, game players need to realize that Bigfarm has been around for over a year. They want to expand. They want to add new elements to the game to make it more interesting. Having a game on for over a year is not "suddenly changing the rules in the middle of the game." Many new players will come around and not know that some things were changed because they haven't seen earlier models of it, unless they read the forums. So for some of you, stop b****ing about every single little change to the game and let the developers do their jobs. and to GGS, listen to your customers, their opinions and input are valuable to your game. I understand it can be difficult to try to get a game to be fun and entertaining for everyone, yet at the same time having to deal with so much negativity on the forums.

I'm still waiting for the changes on the Gourmet Farm and the new 2014 project, but I won't be spending money. As someone suggested, collect revenue from other sources, not just your customers.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 15.03.2014
    To be very honest, now I have had some time to think, I agree that this isn't all as bad as it seemed. At first, when I first read it and saw the reactions of everybody else I thought: THIS IS UNFAIR. Why fix what ain't broke?! But especially after reading Gyodaf's statements about all games having these kind of issues and fixing the balance in their game, I came to understand that it is indeed something GGS has to do. No, I do not play any other games, so I never experienced these kind of fixes. But GGS have made the mistake, I hope they are apologizing for that and this is their way of saying "sorry we screwed up, but we will have to do something about it." I hope the mass production farms will see a challenge to get their farms running as well as they do now. Maybe with some decos, maybe some are strong enough to handle the +500%. I also hope that the running costs the -100% farms will be getting are so minor we barely notice and we will not run back in dollars. I personally like to still keep playing as close to -100% as I can - since I hate doing the math and find out what would be a better balance of happiness and production. -100% is as far as my understanding of making money goes :P Pure profit (or after the update, purest profit you can get) is the only thing I understand clearly, that means I am making money. Any other balance is too much work, can't be bothered :P

So yeah, you may all hate me for this, you may agree with me, but this is what it is at right now for me - have fun discussing further :)
  • dr900who2dr900who2 Posts: 1
    edited 15.03.2014
    i agree i dont like changes either and i wont be buying gold
    im joining you all
    will play for now to see what happens but i think i will be leaving
  • jojo20122jojo20122 Posts: 9
    edited 15.03.2014
    Why don't all of you who are whining about how mean GGS is just relax and wait to see what this actually looks like?
    And if you are so upset over a game, then maybe you *should* go on and quit. Personally, I am really tired of all of the negativity and threats to stop spending hard-earned gold or quit.
    Just quit already!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file