Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update 18.03. - Happiness achieved

Comments

• JULRACJULRAC Posts: 6
    edited 19.03.2014
    I, nor is any member in my coop, TDFARMS, happy with this change. None of us were exploiting the strategy of no decorations, and all of us had worked hard to achieve the high happiness levels we had, until this change was implemented. Going from -96, to -81 is not a small unnoticeable amount. Many of my players have no room left for more decorations. If you wanted to get rid of the strategy of players not have decorations, all you had to do was increase the unhappiness when you feel below a certain point (wouldn't want to punish new players who do not understand happiness yet) Possibly even tied into the level you are at, no one is going to implement the no decoration strategy until they have the gourmet and flower farm capable of handling the deficit of revenue from the main farm. Or, another possible solution would be a loss of production (to compensate for unhappy workers, which would be true to life) plus a loss of bonuses(like collectables) from having workers at a certain unhappiness. Thank you for your time, but I am becoming UNHAPPY with all the changes you all are making to try and generate more revenue. You are taking the fun out of this game. JULRAC
  • onthefarmonthefarm Posts: 6
    edited 19.03.2014
    Well said Ladygrail:-)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 19.03.2014
    thank you:)

btw,, rejoice all.. new primeday, lolz
  • IkwachiIkwachi Posts: 7
    edited 19.03.2014
    george38 wrote: »
    Hi Emm,
    What's happened to the mass exodus, I'm still ranked 21st & just checked you're still ranked 25th, I though we'd both be in the top 20 by now, I got another 200% gold offer this morning, bugger it's off pension week, I hope I get another 1 next week, we haven't lost anyone or are we likely to, just have wait & see what happens when they rework the food farm.
    My mass production is still making a profit, it's also a big help for Co-Op projects, so I'll leave it be for now.
    George
    Well, I tried to delete my farm once and was told that you have to request for BIG FARM to delete it for you. So, I requested. They never deleted it. After two months it was still just as I had left it. My life slowed down and was no longer as hectic so I started playing again. My point is that just because farms are not being deleted does not mean people have not quit playing. And, even though I have not quit playing again yet, I certainly have stopped buying gold.
  • IkwachiIkwachi Posts: 7
    edited 19.03.2014
    GGS, if you want us to buy more gold here's an idea; try putting your efforts into developing things that intrigue us things we would deem worthy of our hard earned dollars and stop spending your time scheming new ways to scam your loyal, up to now, customer base.
  • Emm62Emm62 Posts: 101
    edited 19.03.2014
    Oh for goodness sake, stop bickering you lot. It's worse than being in kindergarten, I swear.
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 19.03.2014
    JULRAC wrote: »
    Or, another possible solution would be a loss of production (to compensate for unhappy workers, which would be true to life)
    JULRAC
    I pay my workers 50000 just to fertilize 1 cherry-orchard. Offer me a job like that and i will be happy to come work for you.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 19.03.2014
    I loved kindergarten........face painting, finger painting, drawing, getting milk every lunch break, playing in the sand, ahhh the gold old days. Ok bickering stopped, sorry Emm :D
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 19.03.2014
    I got personal 200% offer addressed to me Emm, I was lucky to get 2 100% that I made the most of a while ago.
    George
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 19.03.2014
    Was the egg quantity fixed in the sticker book? It doesn't seem so.
    edited 19.03.2014
    At first glance i'd say it doesn't seem like it but I may be wrong. Its going to take me a very long time to level up in egg achievements with the quarter reduction. My mission list is still backwards so I hope they fix that soon.
  • Emm62Emm62 Posts: 101
    edited 19.03.2014
    george38 wrote: »
    I got personal 200% offer addressed to me Emm, I was lucky to get 2 100% that I made the most of a while ago.
    George

Aw geez George, now your just depressing me. :)
  • Sue-ana (US1)Sue-ana (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 19.03.2014
    I am not sure what to say to all this but I need to say something. I have been reading this thread all week it gets 10 pages longer every day. We are wasting our time it is like when you say I want those 10 minutes of my life back GGS is not listening they decided to show a few players they cant run at 300 % and in doing that they dinged us all.
    The messed with the happiness because in the first post they said the workers told them they were not happy. So it is clear GGS listens to animated cartoon characters not the real people that buy gold and play the game.

Do we really want to do that no but it is like anything else until you all stop bickering amongst yourselves and stick together united nothing would be done or accomplished.

I also think that if each of us that posted here used half our energy to do some good in the real world ( help an elderly person across a street, paid someones parking meter or just passed on a smile) we would come out of it feeling a lot better.

So many wont buy gold for a while, many will just complain, a few might quit but GGS will live on because each day new people join and they wont be aware of the change and just farm without the 100 % Happiness.

To GGS I say... listen to the people they are supporting you, also how much more gold can you demand and still advertise this as a "Free Game". You can be number one and win awards. But does it make you feel good to know you have Disapointed so many players?.

Happy Farming to all the Players

Post edited by Kat Nip
  • lee334lee334 Posts: 13
    edited 19.03.2014
    I'm not happy at all. I have worked so hard to keep my happy up on all my farm and now the makers take it from me, I only work on upgrades if I can get my happy up to 100% at the same time.
  • Nickelplated (US1)Nickelplated (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 19.03.2014
    Destroy everyone's happiness just to get even with the top 5 players :(
  • mommi.katmommi.kat Posts: 3
    edited 19.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Again: You won't notice a huge difference at all - It will be noticable if you get very close to 100%, or if you discard decoration completely. If you're not in these areas, you will even have a notable push in Happiness.

NOT NOTICE!?!?! I went from not paying any production cost on my chicken coops to paying $5 each. That may not seem like much, but it adds up. I have noticed I've made 5x less money today than I normally do. I am not a high level player - more like medium. I am not sure now if it is worth trying to get that far. I have come to love this game and was about to start buying gold regularly, but now I do not even have the urge to log in as often. And I definitely will not be buying gold. You can say whatever you want, use whatever hairbrained excuses you want for these updates, but it is obvious the main reason is to force us to buy more gold for decorations and such to keep the happiness up - and of course keep your pockets filled. It hasn't worked with the excess of offers and tricks to coax us into buying more gold, why would it work now?? I have been going back to games on FaceBook with all the craziness going on here.

Another thing I do not understand about the updates: why all the new updates? ?( The whole look of the game has been changed. Everyone is waiting to see where that is going. Then the gourmet farm updates were dangled in front of us. I have seen nothing new in either front. Stopped making changes on my gourmet farm in anticipation. Yet all this other stuff that has A LOT of people obviously upset has been changed. Make up your minds, please. And use some sense. Because sense seems to be going out of the window and taking a lot of faithful players with it.

X(:SX(
  • Sophie423 (US1)Sophie423 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 19.03.2014
    All very good, valid points MasterNdin; and well written, thx.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 19.03.2014
    mommi.kat, You might as well carry on building your gourmet farm.

Everything that gets demolished in any updates will be reimbursed fully plus you will get all the experience points for it
  • Vini74Vini74 Posts: 11
    edited 19.03.2014
    This update has taken all the fun of playing out for me - the challenge was to get to 100% and stay there and be productive - and it was doable, with some gold and some event decorations.
    Now the closer you get to 100% the smaller the return for decorations and I might as well give up on it all together.
    Such a stupid change !
    It's not the money I have to pay for production, it's that the goal of reaching 100% has become unreachable, no fun at all. Someone reported having 605 happiness points and still only 90% !
    What's the point of even trying ?
    The other thing is that there are no very expensive decorations one can buy with farm dollars - so no place to really spend one's earnings, once all the upgrades are done and paid for. Again, what's the fun of making money if you can't spend it ?
  • Nathan ST ()Nathan ST () Posts: 7
    edited 19.03.2014
    this happiness update makes me unhappy, I rework my farms every 15 levels moving around my production buildings and building higher happiness decorations to maintain my -100%, now the best i can get -84%. My farms are at least 25% decorations to get that -100% and im not giving up any productions buildings to try to get back to -100 there is no point.
    I understand this update was aimed at players with no decorations, but honestly who cares? everyone does things differently and if they want to run all productions buildings and pay their +300% or +500% as it is now let em. Cause they probably are just going to keep playing that way even with this update.
    They only people you are hurting or effecting are the ones who play with decorations like me, by changing the game for the worse with this update and frustrating the majority of the players who are playing with decorations, cause now we too have to pay for producing everything on all our farms, when we worked so hard to get the right balance of decorations to production buildings to get the -100% and NOT pay for producing things.
    So unless you plan to start making decorations with 100 happiness points EVERYONE will have to pay to produce now.
  • SANDRAUser602SANDRAUser602 Posts: 131
    edited 19.03.2014
    john2072 wrote: »
    whats up! first you give us stupid tea houses and fairy tale towers now you change our happiness,is this a farm game or amusement park? why can't we have more farm implements, combines, hay balers,lets try to at least keep this a farm game. next thing you know you'll be adding monkey houses and snake pits.

LOL,,,well said john,,,,agree totally,,,,at least the deco's should match the farm atmosphere !
    edited 19.03.2014
    A rollercoaster deco would be nice, saves me the trouble of clicking worker bubbles.....the items will just fall out of their pockets during the ride :D
  • frankel2frankel2 Posts: 4
    edited 19.03.2014
    mommi.kat, You might as well carry on building your gourmet farm.

Everything that gets demolished in any updates will be reimbursed fully plus you will get all the experience points for it

Yes, and "if you like your doctor, you can keep him". At this point, why would you believe anything GGS says?
  • SpeedyDog10SpeedyDog10 Posts: 258
    edited 19.03.2014
    You could try telling them that is probably based on a logarithmic formula and that the optimal point is not 100%. Your imaginary workers are like real people, you will never be able to please them all (100% happiness not attainable). But if you pay them enough (500% production cost) they are willing to shut up and work like slaves.

Hahaha, short and sweet and right to the point!
  • doolittledoolittle Posts: 11
    edited 19.03.2014
    hope all the people on here that are so angry and upset don't let this affect their personal lives what so ever, in any way, shape or form. It's one thing to spout off at the mouth on a message board of a game but to have a game actually change your attitude in life, wouldn't wish it upon even some of the people posting ridiculous things here. When all said and done take one deep breath, or maybe 2, and remember in the bigger scope of life it's just a game.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 19.03.2014
    I have done the maths and guess what ppl, it now works out that it is more profitable to have high production farms and run at close to +500%. Deco are now absolutely worthless, takes too many to make the workers happy. For space taken. PMSL you can ALL whinge now, we tried to tell you, everybody will lose from this upgrade.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 19.03.2014
    I'm one of the ones that got screwed for "doing it right". It's alright to screw the 1-2% that are ruining the integrity of the game. It's NOT alright to screw the other 98% who were "doing it right". Especially when the 98% get screwed WORSE than the 2% that were gaming the system. We know this is true, because all of the people who have admitted to being production farms, are still staying the same way! Not 1 has said that due to this change, they will be getting rod of 8 orchards, 8 cows, 2 pigs, and 4 chickens to add some deco's.

How about this example. In a city of 1000 people, 20 people keep robbing the same bank over and over again every week. So, the bank decides to start charging a fee for all people that walk inside the bank, to prevent the robbers from coming in. The 980 people that were using the bank the right way now have to pay penalties MORE OFTEN than the 20 people that get to KEEP ROBBING THE BANK. You're saying this is acceptable?

There's something I heard once while watching a marijuana documentary... "when the criminals are just as much or more against it being legal than the legal people are, there is a problem".

-Master Ndin
    I feel I need to say something MasterNdin, when we put our mass production farms in a few months ago, it was not braking any rules, in fact we were commended by Latton for thinking outside the square, the game was becoming quite boring & I gave a lot of higher level players a new lease of life. I was on level 82 when I built mine & -100%, this was done for the good of our Co-Op's, we were quite happy to forgo the lose if it helped our lower level members move up levels. As I've said before most of us have to decorations in storage to bring us back to the " accepted style of play", so there little chance of us spending money for decorations anyway.
    I find it quite offensive to liken people without decorations as Bank Robbers & drug dealers.
    Don't blame the mass production farms for this, if it was wrong, GGS should have nipped this in the bud months ago.
    George
  • MonsantoII (US1)MonsantoII (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 19.03.2014
    The happiness of the players
    We are many players who keep this game working.
    keep the pockets of those who are behind and beyond our reach.
    We have a voice that you can not afford to continue to ignore our requests.
    There are many good players who day after day and week after week leave money in their accounts. money to participate in this market.
    You have worldwide profits at this time. But that may change. because there is no game without players.
    I'm a player and I am the voice of many, if we take the decision to stop your money-maker you will have serious losses.
    It has been a long time since you reported that the number two farm would change, to make serious changes correct, but so far what has been presented to us clearly states that we have only been brainwashed to take away more money.
    The Changes to Big Farm in the last 10 days has stifled our tranquility and desire to continue participating.
    Then comes the decorating theme change and our farm balance changes and costs soar.
    The game itself is quite expensive if you have not noticed.
    You, who built the game, should understand that we spend money and time to recreate and feel good and we are only giving back stress..
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 19.03.2014
    I'm not sure honestly what you guys seek of posting the same thing over and over and threatening ggs honestly...
    all i personally see here is just like less than 100 ppl keep nodding to each other and everytime thinking they are "voice of too many"..
    I mean come on guys, if you really think ggs will come here, tell you plz don't quit, or that they will roll back the update, get real, that won't happen, so if you wanna quit go quit already its been more than a day I keep seeing same posts from same ppl here, and if not then continue playing.

and keep in mind, this "voice of too many" , "80% unhappy" etc etc, is just your fantasy and is based on nothing but your own imagination. just because happy players don't care to come post here as much as you guys do.
  • MonsantoII (US1)MonsantoII (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 19.03.2014
    The Happiness Of The Players
    We are many players who keep this game working.
    keep the pockets of those who are behind and beyond our reach.
    We have a voice that you can not afford to continue to ignore our requests.
    There are many good players who day after day and week after week leave money in their accounts. money to participate in this market.
    You have worldwide profits at this time. But that may change. because there is no game without players.
    I'm a player and I am the voice of many, if we take the decision to stop your money-maker you will have serious losses.
    It has been a long time since you reported that the number two farm would change, to make serious changes correct, but so far what has been presented to us clearly states that we have only been brainwashed to take away more money.
    The Changes to Big Farm in the last 10 days has stifled our tranquility and desire to continue participating.
    Then comes the decorating theme change and our farm balance changes and costs soar.
    The game itself is quite expensive if you have not noticed.
    You, who built the game, should understand that we spend money and time to recreate and feel good and we are only giving back stress..
Sign In to comment.