Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update 18.03. - Happiness achieved

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 18.03.2014
    so.. what you are saying is.. you will infact be spending less on decos?
  • wickedwitchy (US1)wickedwitchy (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 18.03.2014
    I am personally sad for the lot of ya that has spent money(GOLD) for decos as I have not Thank Goodness I did not but I too worked my hindend off to get to 100%.I will stay with my co-op until they slowly go away and will buy no more gold and walk off as they surely will now.I am as sad as the majority here and luckily for me this is the first GGS game I have played and lucky for me I will not be burned again because I will not support these money grubbers anymore and they think new players will come in uh-oh-oh-no I don't think so after we tell them GGS has already screwed us over and on facebook or something like it we won't and will not allow it to happen to them!
  • Kitty ReedKitty Reed Posts: 80
    edited 18.03.2014
    Deco Parks Here we come !!!!!
    When you see gold buyers dropping like flies
    Maybe GGS will wake up
    But thats doubtful !
  • edited 18.03.2014
    Is there any formula to explain our coop-members what happened with there happiness points?? I can hardly explain it to them......
    edited 18.03.2014
    No Kitty Reed after this game fails as it is doing now and no one trusts them to play their next one then after they lose their bank accounts then they will wake up like us!
    edited 18.03.2014
    Is there any formula to explain our coop-members what happened with there happiness points?? I can hardly explain it to them......
    Make it short.. just tell them they are now playing the fair version of the game according to GGS.

Meaning everyone is supposed to need a lot more decos to be happy, but it is now impossible to get to -100 anyway, so the best they can do is stay in the green and other than that save money on decos that are hardly of any value anyway.

Personally im going to find another game ( or make one?) once ive wasted my last gold.. but it is possible to still play.
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 18.03.2014
    How about this example. In a city of 1000 people, 20 people keep robbing the same bank over and over again every week. So, the bank decides to start charging a fee for all people that walk inside the bank, to prevent the robbers from coming in. The 980 people that were using the bank the right way now have to pay penalties MORE OFTEN than the 20 people that get to KEEP ROBBING THE BANK. You're saying this is acceptable?
    -Master Ndin

In this town lives a good resident who tells the police that there are people out there who will rob the bank. The police wont listen and every time the robbers rob the bank they pay the police to look the other way. One day they rob the bank and there is no money inside and there is no way to pay the police. The police faces a huge drop in income and starts to find an other way to upgrade there salary. They screw over all the people in town.
    Who is to blame?

I think it was you who told ggs it was possible to run a 'no-deco-farm' and wath did they do about it?
  • AwesomerowendAwesomerowend Posts: 25
    edited 18.03.2014
    You could try telling them that is probably based on a logarithmic formula and that the optimal point is not 100%. Your imaginary workers are like real people, you will never be able to please them all (100% happiness not attainable). But if you pay them enough (500% production cost) they are willing to shut up and work like slaves.
  • nig4x4nig4x4 Posts: 58
    edited 18.03.2014
    ladygrail wrote: »
    so.. what you are saying is.. you will infact be spending less on decos?

If this question was intended for my post above....... No that's not what I'm saying.....

I'm saying the deco's I normally gain from events are now destined for my second and third farms a great deal earlier than they would have been as I no longer need them on my main farm. Which effectively moves me ahead of my intended schedule by many months and should see my income increasing and progression through the game accelerate accordingly! I doubt I would have been spending anything on deco's anyway as the game is providing them free.
    edited 18.03.2014
    ok, thank you for clearing that up:)
    I am just looking for what people wish to choose now. Some never bought and never will, some used to buy but wont anymore. I have yet to see anyone say that they will buy more decos.. only that it would take more decos to get what they planned to before the update (-100) which is no longer possible anyway..
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 18.03.2014
    This is what I have told my members:

Ok guys, GGS pulled another fast one on us... if you haven't noticed yet, you no longer run at -100% and you are now at around 83, 84%. That is the "new 100%". It is pointless to try to increase it to more as you will spend a lot of money or gold for only 1,2,3 maybe 4%. For instance, the Asian Event deco made a big +4% even if it's a +74 deco. So aim for around 83% and you'll be OK... as per GGS.

The rest of what I have told them I cannot repeat here as my post will be deleted. Great day to be a co-op Leader.

Instant Ocean
    Leader of Funny Times
  • Dadfish (US1)Dadfish (US1) Posts: 13
    edited 18.03.2014
    I have spent my last dime here..I wish I had seen this before I bought gold this afternoon.. Another greedy game company shooting itself in the foot...
  • nig4x4nig4x4 Posts: 58
    edited 18.03.2014
    No problem ladygrail,

I did buy deco's when I first started the game (but no with gold) and on the odd occasion subsequently, when I needed to fill in a small area, but mostly find the events provide all I need at the rate I develop. Ultimately somewhere down the line I'll look at changing the lower level deco's for the new higher ones I collect from events.
    edited 18.03.2014
    I have spen my last dime here..I wish I had seen this before I bought this afternoon.. Another greedy game company shooting itself in the foot...

and for the third time to boot...thought their aim would have improved but..

And I wish you luck nig4x4, and hope you will still enjoy playing:)
  • edited 18.03.2014
    True, it took me since august 2013 and finally my farms were -100, now I'm back to -83, with no more room for more decos, I'm not a happy farmer at all.
    edited 18.03.2014
    and for the third time to boot...thought their aim would have improved but..
    That is what has me scare sh..less. What if they decide to do it again and close it. We lose it all. That is why I'm not buying another penny of gold. I'm waiting to see if they will wake up or continue with their utter nonsense.
    True, it took me since august 2013 and finally my farms were -100, now I'm back to -83, with no more room for more decos, I'm not a happy farmer at all.
    Even if you would have more room for decos, you'd lose your money for nothing. I dropped the award for the Asian Event on my Flower Farm today (+74).... I was saving for after this update (read mess). You know how much it raised my happiness? +4%.

Trust me, save your money and gold. 83 /84% is the new 100%, until GGS WAKES up.

IO
  • lolleke (NL1)lolleke (NL1) Posts: 4
    edited 18.03.2014
    As long as ggs doesn't change this new happyness, i will not spend any dime on gold anymoreX(
    edited 18.03.2014
    GGS my co-op is very unhappy might wanna undo what you did no gold no revenue for you and it don't fill my pockets so not too unhappy for you!good luck to the new players you hope to gain because they are already being forewarned about your money gaining ways!
    edited 18.03.2014
    lolleke2 wrote: »
    As long as ggs doesn't change this new happyness, i will not spend any dime on gold anymoreX(
    A lot of us feels exactly the same way you do, me included as stated before. They (GGS) decided to devalue our investments, now let THEM KNOW HOW IT FEELS when the same trick is pulled on them.

They played in my wallet... Now my turn to play in theirs BY NOT FILLING UP WITH MY MONEY!

IO
  • IkwachiIkwachi Posts: 7
    edited 18.03.2014
    Since my co op of 15 is too small of a sample for you I went looking for a bigger sample.

On the US server only, there are approximately 76,000 farmers listed in the rankings. This is only one server I can't give you the figures on the other servers since I only have one farm and yes, I realize not all of these are active players but if we say half are active we are still looking at over 35,000 players. This thread has close to 1000 posts and that includes multiple posts from several of the same people and this forum includes all English speaking servers so yes I feel comfortable saying that these complaints do not cover the vast majority of people playing this game.
    The fact is the overwhelming majority of unhappy players will never comment on this forum and many will never even look at it. The way to know the percentage of happy players vs. unhappy is to count the number of negative vs. positive comments on this thread. And in case you didn't notice they are mostly negative.
    edited 18.03.2014
    If you want a game that doesn't change and if it does it's because of us drop the 2 off of my name in the forum here and pm me and I will tell you what it is one flat fee a year and you can play day and night on it and you can play for free!
    edited 18.03.2014
    Yes i am pretty sure that this is a fair representation of the percentage of people that like/dislike the upgrade.

We are just the few from both sides that are loud enough to speak out in a forum, most gamers ive ever met ( and that is hundreds) never ever spoke up in a forum, wether they were for or against something.

Assuming that just because people dont post, they like the update... is a very farfetched bet.
  • vikingur1- (NL1)vikingur1- (NL1) Posts: 149
    edited 18.03.2014
    I still do not see why having a mass production farm is the WRONG way to play this game or even considered cheating. So why is it necessary to PUNISH the mass production farmer.
    I am on both sides of the spectrum since I am a mass production farmer on my main farm and on my gourmet farm and flowerfarm I had runningcosts about -90%.
    So I am punished on all of my farms.
    And yet it is not stopping me from running my main farm without deco's.
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 18.03.2014
    IO

The upgrade will set me back about 1.5 mln a day. There still is a profit but i dont know if it still is there after they take away the big moneymakers on the second and third farm. To go back the way the game was intended to play i have to demolish about 40% of my farm and play events for 5 months to get the decos i need ( or spend 120k gold to buy them). I have no intention to do so.
    Since i dont have anything left to spend my money on, exept a few lvl7 upgrades, this upgrade does not really 'hurt' me right now.
    I totaly agree that this new formula is by far more devastating for players who have lots of upgrading, building and extentions to buy.

There are two reasons why i resent this upgrade:
    They promised us new and exciting things and then come up with this rule they knew would upset a lot of people.
    They told us that on one end of the scale you would not even notice the effect of the new formula and on the other end of the scale it would only take a few decos to fix the problem.
    edited 18.03.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    IO
    They told us that on one end of the scale you would not even notice the effect of the new formula and on the other end of the scale it would only take a few decos to fix the problem.

Bottom line, through no fault of their own, there are now a significant number of people on this forum who will no longer take any statements by mods at face value. Most is smart enough to know that the mods was just the messengers, but the damage is done.
    edited 18.03.2014
    Frankly i feel bad for the mods right now. They work for free, for a game they love, and then they get to tell us about the great upgrades, and to be shown as liars ( not intentional from them) because what they were told to promise us.. what they believed in, just was not true.

They are the first to be lied to, the first to be made fools out of.. and the ones who has to deal with all that then happens in here.

No GGS higherup needs to face us like they do.

All in all they have done a remarkaable job, keeping calm through it all if you ask me.
    edited 18.03.2014

All in all they have done a remarkaable job, keeping calm through it all if you ask me.

100% agreement with you
    edited 18.03.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    IO

The upgrade will set me back about 1.5 mln a day. There still is a profit but i dont know if it still is there after they take away the big moneymakers on the second and third farm. To go back the way the game was intended to play i have to demolish about 40% of my farm and play events for 5 months to get the decos i need ( or spend 120k gold to buy them). I have no intention to do so.
    Since i dont have anything left to spend my money on, exept a few lvl7 upgrades, this upgrade does not really 'hurt' me right now.
    I totaly agree that this new formula is by far more devastating for players who have lots of upgrading, building and extentions to buy.

There are two reasons why i resent this upgrade:
    They promised us new and exciting things and then come up with this rule they knew would upset a lot of people.
    Yikes! 1.5M a day?? You sure of that? The only way I could that happening is if you have a Production Farm setup with little to no deco. If you were running at -100% before like I was, trust me, for I have checked carefully, the impact is not that big.

To me, it's more a question of principle than anything else. GGS made a game that had a certain kind of play style they never imagined could be viable and now that they have woken up, they decide to dictate to ppl how they SHOULD play and change the rules, but not only affecting the ppl that THEY think are not playing the game as intended but ALL players. In all honesty, this approach is Bovine Manure to stay in the Farming language. For one thing, you do not penalize the whole player mass because YOU have made a blunder and failed to do your job. Secondly, you do not steal from people that have invested, like myself, a lot of REAL MONEY in gold to achieve what they set to be a goal which was, until today, 0 running cost buy having -100% happiness.

So now people will not spend or buy gold. GGS revenue will suffer. Players will rage quit and who knows if GGS will not close the game altogether and we will lose everything?

One thing is sure, unless they fix this, they are not getting ONE PENNY from me anymore, even if they throw at me their 200% gold bonus offer. I'm done being their money cow they think they can milk when they want.

IO
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 18.03.2014
    Madilin9 wrote: »
    This is a mess and unacceptable by everyone.

Not everyone, I know I wont be overreacting and threatening to quit because my happiness dropped a few points. My profits are still very high and i'm looking fwd to the challenge of getting my farm happiness back into the -90% range.
    edited 18.03.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    Not everyone, I know I wont be overreacting and threatening to quit because my happiness dropped a few points. My profits are still very high and i'm looking fwd to the challenge of getting my farm happiness back into the -90% range.

The only ones i have seen over react are those that have yelled at the rest of ust to shut up allready and .. well more or less suck it up...

Your profits are still high.. well all good then.. for you.

Those of us who does not feel that way, actually see that we have bought a product that was set to a certain value.. and that that value has now been reduced without compensation.

Yes they can change the game as they wish.. But also yes.. we can disagree and show that with all the means we have.. the wallet being the most obvious.

As far as being challenged, when the game narrows the playground, the challenges drop severly. And the strategy isnt hard.. demolish production and add decos.. opps sry, did i ruin it for anyone?
Sign In to comment.