Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update 18.03. - Happiness achieved

Comments

• Dirk BleekerDirk Bleeker Posts: 3
    edited 14.03.2014
    My suggestion to force players to build more production buildings is simply a quest. If they do not complete the quest, then they cannot level up.

I agree with some players that the events should be rather farming events - to earn some farming decorations. That is why this is called Big Farm. This is not a fairy tale or Asian tee garden game. You get a lot of farming equipment to make some decorations of that in stead of the fairy tale and Asia events over and over. It becomes boring and I think everybody that is playing for a long time now, want to see some new decorations. Farm decorations should be nice on a FARM.

Please bring in more and new events - farming events. You get a variety of farmers, so you can probably end up with 10 more events - all farming events!!
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 14.03.2014
    Yes, they are gone;(

My heart was in them. I had wonderful friends there. Now we are stuck with this game and now I want to be free from ggs games if this is the way it is going to go.

People that went the +300 route, STORED their decos. Wouldn't it solve everything to let stored decos still contribute happiness? No one looses time or investment in the construction slot, the decos that they already bought still hold value. Everyone wins.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 14.03.2014
    dirk
    I agree with some players that the events should be rather farming events - to earn some farming decorations. That is why this is called Big Farm. This is not a fairy tale or Asian tee garden game. You get a lot of farming equipment to make some decorations of that in stead of the fairy tale and Asia events over and over. It becomes boring and I think everybody that is playing for a long time now, want to see some new decorations. Farm decorations should be nice on a FARM.
    i agree i hate the decorations who want none themed garden decs like fairy tale towers and so on but im not too worried about that now as i am looking at other games to play instead because this one as cost me so much gold and time to build my main farm just to have to destroy buildings that i have built to add these decorations on it. if the game was never intended to be played like building as many cowsheds for as much milk as you can to complete projects and get yourself higher in the rankings why introduce the fertile fields.... for extra space... blue barn ... for extra storage something you would not really buy if you where running the farm as intended.
  • nonon82nonon82 Posts: 22
    edited 14.03.2014
    Okay Latten, you are saying you need to correct a game mechanic that is exploitative. You have given your reasons. Cool.

You also say that, in a way, you are punishing some of your most clever and committed players, essentially because you have no choice.

But you have avoided my very simple, clearly stated and bolded question: Do you think it is fair? And if not, can anything be done about it?
  • Kakerullen (SKN1)Kakerullen (SKN1) Posts: 243
    edited 14.03.2014
    I understand that with 500% cost with no deco, but i do not understand why GGS are going to take a way from us who has no cost on our farm because we have bought deco to get 100% on all farm. I have played for some months and have all the time tryed to get so low cost and near 100% as posible. And for me the fun with the game was to do that. ( I let my bilding who gives XP on flourfarm and gourmefarm work all the time, and sell produkt from it to get XP, and thats my way to play the game. And now maybe it will cost to much to play it that way. My silo i can not use every day, and the mill stay still a lot of the day besauce of full barn. I have a lot of poop, leaves. )
    edited 14.03.2014
    This is a strategic game, alright? I built and upgraded my farms with strategy and is were I want to be with them. After the happiness update I maybe punished therefore - it is unfair. If everybody don't strategize their farms and planning for the most important upgrades, why punish those who plays strategic? I have to save for ages to do the huge upgrades and therefor I produced and processed the most profitable ones to receive maximum dollars for the upgrades.
    edited 14.03.2014
    Please give us an icon to donate some of our unwanted decorations to coop members. Why do I have to delete it if I can give it away? Some of them cannot play with gold and can hardly stay online. I am a person who always want to help these who needed it the most.
  • GreenSceneryGreenScenery Posts: 10
    edited 14.03.2014
    maxiroy2 wrote: »
    Yes it really makes no difference to me either. I have my happiness pretty high but don't really give the rest of it that much thought. I play this game to relax not to stress myself out. All this change can only stress you out if you let it. For me life is too short to worry about the little things.

I had said that in one of my last posts, exactly. Games are supposed to be fun. If you are no longer having fun, you may have to find a new game. I'm a level 57 player running at -44% (started last Oct, so still semi-new). I don't think this happiness adjustment is going to affect me much at all. After reading most of these posts, I DO get why people are angry, and I'm sorry if it seems like your money is going to waste. HOWEVER, it's the players choice to spend money (and how much you spend) on this game.

Short and simple, let's just play to have fun and not take some pixels on a web page so seriously. It is, after all, a GAME.
  • mork2262mork2262 Posts: 15
    edited 14.03.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    Now I am not part of nor will I join in on any group boycotts. People can leave, that's their choice. Doesn't mean it's right to organize a group walk out with them.
    Those (like me) who have decided this is not a safe or productive place to spend real money, will simply stop.

Organizing some kind of group thing... And I told the person who contacted me that, will only end up being kicked out. AND their reply was that they just decided to leave this game. (Surely admins have a way to check my messages and see I'm not making this up.)

Yep Artmaker, I can confirm thats what you said and yeah thats what I said, fed up with this lot and their rule changing, gold grabbing exercises. this is not fun anymore but I have a great co-op with lots of good players, so Im winding my activity down. If I do get banned for being an instigator before I get to leave, not bothered, better games out there for me spend my real money on. Im just glad I was able to spread this message.
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 14.03.2014
    latten you are a great community manager.and i think people are overacting with this update. i agree 100% with you on this update.thank you for all your hard work. :D
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 14.03.2014
    Leaving aside all the gold and other ****, here's the tl;dr:

1) GGBF think the game is no longer hard enough.
    2) GGBF think people will play more/longer if the game becomes more difficult.

So far so good.

3) Instead of adding challenges, GGBF take away achievements.
    4) GGBF insist on this being good for us.

Just bad.

5) People who use mass production with no regard for worker happiness get punished.
    6) People who always keep worker happiness at the forefront of their minds ALSO GET PUNISHED.

DEAR LATTEN - JUST FOR THAT LAST POINT I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO HEAR YOUR EXPLANATION. I read your posts twice, all of them, and the whole thread. Just because you give away 70+ decorations in events WHICH ONLY MASS PRODUCERS MIGHT ACHIEVE, you also punish the very players who play by the only rules you want this game to be played.

And to be on the safe side, your previous comment about percentages was very confusing. What exactly, in cost and numbers, will change for someone with a decoration-ONLY caused happiness now? Around 70 - 99% reduction of production cost?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 14.03.2014
    nonon82 wrote: »
    Okay Latten, you are saying you need to correct a game mechanic that is exploitative. You have given your reasons. Cool.

You also say that, in a way, you are punishing some of your most clever and committed players, essentially because you have no choice.

But you have avoided my very simple, clearly stated and bolded question: Do you think it is fair? And if not, can anything be done about it?

It's never 100% fair to take away something from a player, be it as little as it hopefully will be. So yeah, if you pin that question down on me, I will of course say that it isn't fair for players who are at 100% right now, if you look at them apart from everything else.
    But, in the bigger picture, yes, I'd say it is fair for the playerbase as a whole, due to the reasons I listed.

I honestly don't know if there would be an option that would be fair to absolutely everyone. I know though that our game designers and balancers tried to touch this issue as fair as possible, and to come up with a solution that is probably best for the game alltogether, even if it might raise some questions first.
    edited 14.03.2014
    ok so i have started demolishing my farm now i have used the gold i bought the other day to hurry this up because i wont be buying gold anymore cannot afford it.
    what happiness do i need to have?
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 14.03.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    This question remained unanswered until now, due to all the comments about the happiness formula.

The feedback will actually be placed in several places.
    The progress bar that shows up during collection will show a little extension to the bar, there will be additional text on base and extra production in the information window, where you can currently only see the amount you produce at the moment and there will also be a small icon in mill production window, next to the things you can produce, to show that a booster on this type of feed is active. :)

ty, that pretty much made it clear for me how it'll look :)
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 14.03.2014
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    Hey Artmaker, there were no fingers pointed in your direction or anyone elses, it was just a general heads up. :)

Jatota, as Larino mentioned in the thread you're referring to, they need to contact Support - which they have. It'll get sorted out by them as quickly as possible. :)

Kat.

Kat I never said or thought any fingers were pointed at me. But the fact that the "boycott" word keeps coming up should be a huge red flag to the designers here.
    People who are bored with or disgusted with the game will simply leave.
    Those who invested time AND money will get much more angry. Angry enough to want to hurt GG for hurting them.
    So lets get as many people as we can to send a message.

The fact that this keeps showing up SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING TO SOMEONE!!!!!

So you want to earn money with a good game. We all understand that. It costs money to design this thing.
    But... the way to do it is add features people WANT to have bad enough to spend money to get.
    The water tower is a perfect example. What it does to make farming easier is worth paying for.
    I have one on all three farms. Two of them I upgraded a level. Its worth it.

But buying a decor just to fill a space in a dumb tower?
    Spend money on feed? Which we can make in time for free?
    Spending HUGE... and I do mean HUGE amounts for the telescope? Did that once. NEVER again.

They flat out refuse to do anything to make our gold safe.

And now... clearly an important element of this game is the balance between decor and stuff, and they feel the need to screw with that? It makes no sense to me at all.

(And yes, I did read Latten's latest update.) Seems to me the real issue here is some people figured out how to bypass the need for any decor and the designers don't like it.
    GET OVER IT! Let people farm the way they want.

Go finish the updates planned. Leave something that isn't broken alone.
    Even with 100% happiness stuff gets so expensive at higher levels it still takes weeks to save enough for a little plot of land. Perhaps adjust happiness for the NEW additions to the game. This won't foul up all the hard work people have already put into their farms.

Bottom line,
    when you start seeing post after post of
    "Im leaving"
    "I wont' buy gold anymore."
    "BOYCOTT"

Something is seriously wrong.

[Comments about Galaxy-Support removed, this is sort of Off-Topic here ;) | Nafaru]
    You could design a genie in a bottle who flys out and does all your farming for you and I would not spend one red cent on it.
  • SANDRAUser602SANDRAUser602 Posts: 131
    edited 14.03.2014
    tks LATTEN for blocking my post on EGG SCAMBLE #3, was it because i told everyone about the outcome and how TEDIOUS it was to complete. or was it the GOLD we had to use in order to complete it or maybe it was the TIME it took because of the changes. (down to the last sec)
    Maybe it was the comment: whats next.... giving up our first child to appease GGS

so what r u fixing ?.......ITS NOT BROKE !!!! (BUT WE WILL BE)
    edited 14.03.2014
    Latten--interesting that a new thread is opened, but there is not a discussion thread to go along with it: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?101812-More-information-about-the-upcoming-Gourmet-Farm-rework!&p=1151320#post1151320

and in it for the new resturant farm we can have as many almond orchards/peach orchards as we want. So you are going to do the same thing on the new farm as what you are doing on the main farm? That is really nice that we can build up the new farm so you can screw us all over. Wow. Nice updates to come. I will never invest money into this company if this is how you are going to treat us.

And you still have not answered any of my posts and several of my pm's.
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 14.03.2014
    Latten:
    Absolutely shocking. Your most valued players are going to leave--whether we buy gold or not--you don't seem to be getting that message. I DO want to buy a little, but give me something I want when I go to spend it--an affordable high value deco.
    There is just too much uncertainty with this game right now. You already ripped my heart out when you close down the other farm games and this one will surely follow. NOT letting you do that to me again.
    I should put this in a PrivateMessage, but you never answer them.

Remember these farms?

Hi Monica :)
    I just wonder: Who decide who are the most valued players are? I'm in a high ranked coop, with many players on level 100 and up. Yes they buy gold and guess what - they are not leaving and they do not stop buying gold - to me they are very valuable :)

And Monica I was there in the old farmer game, I "knew" you then - always positive and nice where you THEN :)
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 14.03.2014
    I have had a letter in to support since Saturday March 8. it was about the event where you had to buy gold 3 times to get the decoration string lights. I bought 1 pack of gold logged off my computer. when I came back it was gone. one of our helpers here in the forum told me to go ahead and buy all three and support would probably put it in my box, so I bought the 3 packs. each time I logged off and logged back in they were gone. the last pack I got still had 18 hours left on the event. I haven't heard anything. everyday I get on support and put my ticket number in the status window. nothing. how quick is as quickly as possible? it has been a week. thanks anyway.

KAT YOU WERE THE HELPER THAT TOLD ME TO BUY THE THREE PACKS.
  • momoma (GB1)momoma (GB1) Posts: 29
    edited 14.03.2014
    GGS, do you realise now that you create the beast with thousands of heads... with big jaws and hungry eyes!?
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 14.03.2014
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I do understand why there's so much anger here - I have a mass production farm myself and am now weighing up the choices I have in regards to how I run it after the update. That being said however, please keep in mind that organising or participating in a gold boycott can have some serious consequences.

I realise that sometimes it's easy to react in anger, but please consider the potential consequences of any actions you may take in regards to this.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif

kat what does this mean? ifi don't spend my money i get banned? please explain further because i want to know. GGS cannot force people to spend.
    edited 14.03.2014
    what happiness do i need to put on my farm now i have demolished can someone tell me please
    edited 14.03.2014
    oh ok. I guess i am not valued, I don't count and they don't need to have my investment. I have the credit card today. I will use it on something to make ME happy and not the silly workers on this game.

Did you see the new thread that Latten just opened? he said we can have unlimited almonds and peaches so they can do this all over again on the new farm.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 14.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    I wish I'd be able to use clever and convoluted language by default!

Alright, I see the discrepancy between those two quotes. It's not invalid to build a farm like that, that could have been worded better. It's just an option we never thought of, and which clashes completely with the intended playstyle (Which is: Build production, deco and homes for your workers, and then go balance everything out).

What you didn't expect was for your customers to be intelligent?? so you come back and force our hands. you are playing with your words.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 14.03.2014
    rie222 wrote: »
    I wish I'd be able to use clever and convoluted language by default!

Alright, I see the discrepancy between those two quotes. It's not invalid to build a farm like that, that could have been worded better. It's just an option we never thought of, and which clashes completely with the intended playstyle (Which is: Build production, deco and homes for your workers, and then go balance everything out).

What you didn't expect was for your customers to be intelligent?? so you come back and force our hands. you are playing with your words.

Nah, our players are really clever for figuring this out, no discussion here. It was us who missed this completely, that's why we'll have to change up the game for it to work with everything else.
    edited 14.03.2014
    i have just tried to get my happiness up to 100% deleting cowshed and chicken coops i cannot fit enough decs on to even anywhere close to it because of all the houses i cannot delete the house as i have only 8 workers free so this means i am going to have to wait until architect comes and do one house per when ever visit which is going to take forever unless i use gold which i no longer have or buy so that is my farm well and truly stuffed good bye from me i will not be returning i shall now be demolishing the rest of my farm and pass any money to the co op and pass the co op to one of the deputies i shall never play another game of yours.
  • Maria899679 (US1)Maria899679 (US1) US1 Posts: 133
    edited 14.03.2014
    After I read all posts about this update I'm even more angry. I get it, you want to punish those players who have farms with 0 decorations and with running costs of +300. But what with us who based our game to have running costs of -100? I have spent months and real money trying to achieve that! I have millions of dollars and it means nothing to my profit if I spend a little for production costs but I still feel cheated and punished to play the game by the rules.
    I was one of first players to play this game, and from beginning you were promoting happiness as a most important thing...after a year and a half you decide to change it... I feel like a real fool now.
    And this is not the first time I'm disappointed in GGS. If it wasn't for my friends from my 2 coops I would be gone long time ago. You won't see a single cent from me anymore,ever. I am just fed up with everything.
  • edited 14.03.2014
    What about instead of stopping the mass production as such, change the mechanics slightly so that the farms that have 'happy' workers produce more goods per run than the mass production workers, after all they are not as happy so wouldnt produce as much as they are grumpy all the time.
    If it is done well then the benefits for having a balanced happy farm could be better than the mass production farms so they would be more inclined to try and balance out the farm a bit more and bring some joy to the workers lives.
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 14.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Nah, our players are really clever for figuring this out, no discussion here. It was us who missed this completely, that's why we'll have to change up the game for it to work with everything else.

If players continue to pay 500% running costs with no decorations in future then what will you do?Change the 500% to 800%?
  • mork2262mork2262 Posts: 15
    edited 14.03.2014
    your happiness will only change once you have enough free workers to demolish a house
Sign In to comment.