Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update 18.03. - Happiness achieved

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?101703

Have fun discussing :) This might be an exciting one, so be sure to keep it civil ;)
Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• mince3mince3 Posts: 5
    edited 13.03.2014
    Can you please explain to me how do I get the "community decoration"?
  • Mad Bunny (IN1)Mad Bunny (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,585
    edited 13.03.2014
    This is not fair. So, what will be the maximum happiness a player will be getting ? and this happiness update will be for main farm only or all the farms ?
  • Tylerbarnett2Tylerbarnett2 Posts: 16
    edited 13.03.2014
    I think the happiness rework is totally not cool!! I am slowly being driven from the game!! I have played hard bought LOTS of gold to maintain -!00% and now you are taking that away???? I think this is about the last straw for this man!!!!!!!
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 13.03.2014
    I'm very disappointed with the happiness part of this update. I work really hard to balance my farms' upgrades with happiness. I am very happy with my efforts because for all my farms I have at least 95% reductions in running costs. I don't buy gold houses, I try not to buy gold decorations, so my farms are cluttered but the workers are happy.

So from what I'm reading it looks like there will be an appreciable decrease in happiness. And no less we will not be seeing an increase in the land expansions for each of our farms. That leads me to think that for those that like -100% running costs (like me) will have to buy gold houses and decorations to accommodate this.

It isn't easy for people to buy gold all the time, but from all these updates, it is clear that many people will be even more unhappy from the upgrades. I buy gold once in a while but not a lot, however, this is really unfair for people who can't afford gold packs on a regular basis, EVEN with the 100% or 50% gold bonus packs. Their farms will be suffering a bit more, making it harder for them to save up for upgrades or other purchases with dollars.

How about SLIGHTLY reducing the impact of houses (workers) on happiness too? This game is a wonderful distraction from the daily grind but really, it's starting to become another "have and have not" scenario.

Sorry to toss in the pointed and direct comment but are you reading and considering the concerns of people who can't keep buying gold? It really feels like these are not the people you are producing upgrades for. You could start considering a PC version of this game and develop that for people to buy with in-game options to mine for gold and then an online link to buy more when they can't. Keep the internet version as minimally reliant on gold as possible.

I'm sure people will defend either side of this comment. I have to speak up for my non-gold users of my cooperative because it's a frustrating issue for many.
  • gramps7gramps7 Posts: 7
    edited 13.03.2014
    i think this really sucks not happy
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 13.03.2014
    I think the happiness rework is totally not cool!! I am slowly being driven from the game!! I have played hard bought LOTS of gold to maintain -!00% and now you are taking that away???? I think this is about the last straw for this man!!!!!!!

We're not taking it away :) Regular players will hardly notice any differences, at least that's how it's planned. This is mainly concerning some players who run their farms with +300% production costs (0 happiness), without having to fear any consequences for doing so - this is not at all what the game is supposed to be :)

Of course this still is a viable way to play, but it will be more expensive now, so players will have to decide if the huge production boost is worth the money that might be earned with more decorations.
  • borana albania (INT1)borana albania (INT1) Posts: 1,945
    edited 13.03.2014
    the achievement update is nice but the one with happiness is not . if players decide to don't keep decorations in farms is their problem and i don't think that this new update will make them change their minds , because that is their game strategy even why its not a good one , i mean that is their choice and others don't have why to 'suffer' for it ....
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 13.03.2014
    GGS took a handful of top players who run their main farms at +300% because they can afford it and decided something must change to "convince them" that they cant do what they want to with their farms. Due to a handful of top players, the entire community must be stricken with nonsense?

I work hard for my -100%. Keep it civil??? We can make it real civil around here.
  • OrsonOrson Posts: 17
    edited 13.03.2014
    I put in a lot of time (and some money) to get my farm to where it is now. It's unrealistic of GGS to expect any of us to be pleased about losing any of the 'happiness' we've achieved on our farms. For some it's already too expensive - adding more costs will only reduce your player base. I agree with tylerbarnett. This is exactly the kind of thing that's going to force me out of the game.

The presentation re: the running costs is awkward. Often players are pleased that their number is in the positive range because they just don't get it. How about a frown at one end of the scale and a smile at the other?
  • MirahhMirahh Posts: 77
    edited 13.03.2014
    Not good at all. I have about 78% happiness now, level 46. and i was going to have full 100%. I know it is (was) possible.
    Why are you doing this? i do not understand. If i have 100% happiness and someone else dont, it is not my fault!
    It was my goal, not too many production buildings, butt many decorations. And that way more money.
    I am sure tahat many people do not like this. At first many things only for people Who buy gold, and now this.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 13.03.2014
    Mirahh wrote: »
    Not good at all. I have about 78% happiness now, level 46. and i was going to have full 100%. I know it is (was) possible.
    Why are you doing this? i do not understand. If i have 100% happiness and someone else dont, it is not my fault!
    It was my goal, not too many production buildings, butt many decorations. And that way more money.
    I am sure tahat many people do not like this. At first many things only for people Who buy gold, and now this.

Again: You won't notice a huge difference at all - It will be noticable if you get very close to 100%, or if you discard decoration completely. If you're not in these areas, you will even have a notable push in Happiness.
  • granof2granof2 Posts: 4
    edited 13.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    We're not taking it away :) Regular players will hardly notice any differences, at least that's how it's planned. This is mainly concerning some players who run their farms with +300% production costs (0 happiness), without having to fear any consequences for doing so - this is not at all what the game is supposed to be :)

Of course this still is a viable way to play, but it will be more expensive now, so players will have to decide if the huge production boost is worth the money that might be earned with more decorations.
    This explanation makes absolutely no sense.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 13.03.2014
    granof2 wrote: »
    This explanation makes absolutely no sense.

Wait, let me fix that for you. He mixed up numbers... :)
    edited 13.03.2014
    Yes, you are taking it away!
    If i have 100% happiness, then it should be total 100%! I know that wheat, corn and all you grow in fields costs, butt everything else costs nothing with 100 % happiness, and you do not even need to use gold to get there!
  • edited 13.03.2014
    after i run through my gold there may be no reason for me to play anymore .don't understand why this change is ness,i'm one of the farmers that runs @ +300% not fair to do these types of changes,already paying enough for production,don't see any point

will be checking out other farm games,until my gold runs out.maybe there's one out there that doesn't keep changing game as they go along.thanks for the wasted time and money the past year.if i understand correctly you doing this because people want to see more deco's.your making things smaller on farm #2 they can put more there to look at. I look at farms and see a lot of them that have 20 of the same deco's what they need room for 6 more waterfall like the the 20 they have isn't enough to look at
  • Tylerbarnett2Tylerbarnett2 Posts: 16
    edited 13.03.2014
    "Have fun discussing This might be an exciting one, so be sure to keep it civil" this is lattens first post of the thread...... they knew it would be a lively discussion because they know they are messing with us bad. I am playing this game until the day this is implemented. On that day I will sell off my farm donate cash and remaining gold to co-op and walk away. It was fun while it lasted but yep, I am oh so done.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 13.03.2014
    I am so confused about why these updates keep coming that no one has asked for and no one is giving a positive reaction to it and yet we are supposed to continue to be excited about it.

PLEASE return to updates that people are excited about having rather than an argument.

A clearer explanation to how the decorations affect profits is definitely needed for the new people. The people that have tanked their profits in favor of mass production have made their own choice.

Geez what a disaster!
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 13.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Again: You won't notice a huge difference at all - It will be noticable if you get very close to 100%, or if you discard decoration completely. [...]

And how many players are at those two spots, Latten? I think many top players are at either of those. And they have to be punished for having been here with you ever since the game started, even found it worthy enough to buy some gold? Oh and the player you reacted to said she wanted to REACH to that -100%, but she now learned she will NEVER reach it. She will only reach -99% (or even less) and as you said, she will notice the difference, big time!
  • tippy28132tippy28132 Posts: 18
    edited 13.03.2014
    this is so not right at all. I just managed to purchase the last pieces of land that i needed on my main farm and just finally upgraded all of my houses to which i will now have to wait and wait and wait some more for the architect so i can do all the final upgrades on my houses so i can finish upgrading all of my buildings without having to build more houses. Now that i am right where i want to be you want me to add more god awful decorations to my farm in order to be able to play and make some money while doing so. This is so NOT COOL. NOT COOL at all. it has taken me forever now. Why don't you just leave the main farm alone and work on the gourmet farm that we have been waiting for all of the changes for. Finish what you have started before ruining and messing up something else on the farms. Because we all know that with everything you do we suffer sometimes for days with something else messing up. Like really what is with the other items on the main farm. why not work on opening that stuff up and working on the gourmet farm and leave all of the happiness alone. You want to be productive do those things first and make your players happy not unhappy. Makes sense to me to want us to be happy with the game.

Maybe its time for many of us to rethink this game altogether. [Recommendation for other games removed | Nafaru]
  • edited 13.03.2014
    Thank You GGS for more Achievements, I am so excited about that. I can't say I am all to thrilled that I won't be able to have -100% Running Costs anymore, but it is what it is. Life will still move on, and change is good.

So Thanks GGS, and I can't wait till Tuesday!

~Space~
  • Maria899679 (US1)Maria899679 (US1) US1 Posts: 133
    edited 13.03.2014
    I am very very dissapointed with this update. I worked very hard and spent some money to get where I am now,and now GGS says no more 100% happiness. Really??
    I don't see any reason why you implement updates that nobody asked for ?(

I was really excited to see what will be new on Gourmet farm but this update makes me think why am I still playing this game and spending real money on it.
    edited 13.03.2014
    "Again: You won't notice a huge difference at all - It will be noticable if you get very close to 100%, or if you discard decoration completely. If you're not in these areas, you will even have a notable push in Happiness."

This is your answer to me Latten

Yes i will notice the difference. I am not stupid. 100 is 100, thats it. I really liked this game, i have bought gold only 1 time, With a small money, and i do not buy anymore. I used it to buy more land, when i did not have enoug farmdollars. In that piece of land i putt decorations to have better happiness.
    I have been asking advises from my co'op friends, and they all told me that is all about decorations.
    I have been readin this forum, and noticed that is all about decorations.
    I have calculeted again and again my money, decoratins point (happiness).
    And now it is not possible anymore to reach that totall 100% happiness.
    You just take it away. Thats what i think. (sorry, my poor english, butt i am so angry now, that i do not care if i make mistakes)
  • Hedggie (US1)Hedggie (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 13.03.2014
    Really beginning to wonder if this game is even worth my time and effort anymore. Definitely will no longer purchase anymore gold for it. Once what I have is gone, I think I may be done with this game since you keep on changing the rules. Tired of it all. You promise one thing and then deliver another. Most recent proof of that was with the egg update. If I want more stress, I can find it in the real world. Guess I'll let my coop leader know she needs to find a replacement and soon. Used to love this game. Too bad it had to be so short lived.
  • borana albania (INT1)borana albania (INT1) Posts: 1,945
    edited 13.03.2014
    guys , you must do updates to do the game better and the players can enjoy it and have more fun, not to make it harder and disappoint us !! :(
  • varimi (GB1)varimi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6
    edited 13.03.2014
    I can get changes that make the game more enjoyable, bring a little more variety to existing fare - like the achievement increases. Now the happiness thing - who is it going to benefit and how exactly, maybe I'm way too dippy but can GGS explain the beneficiaries of that change.

Also wanted to point out that some players have extra production facilities just so they aid their co-op to complete projects on time. So the happiness thing will mean considerable expenditure in running costs or even better for GGS players having to use gold to hurry production cycles to complete projects.

And it gets better less production facilities less collectibles, more gold to buy into projects and harder if players start to dessert as a result of the changes.
  • svire (INT1)svire (INT1) Posts: 41
    edited 13.03.2014
    The saddest thing here is the fact that we are all complaining in vain. They don't pay attention at all to what would we like. What is the point of this update(achievement excluded)? Why don't you actually look at the posts in here: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/forumdisplay.php?567-Goodgame-Big-Farm-The-Game, to find out what is actually needed in game.
  • stacy40 (US1)stacy40 (US1) US1 Posts: 62
    edited 13.03.2014
    I have -100 happiness on 2 farms, this keeps cost free so i can save my money for upgrades and expanding. Why not do something about that cost? Higher each time you expand. I'm stuck at needing 6 million for something that cost 3 million before.
  • Big Bob3Big Bob3 Posts: 53
    edited 13.03.2014
    Let me get this straight. A handful of us realize that we are sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars because every new element of the game introduced in the last 6 months is gold, not cash, based. We get bored and decide to go max production on our main farms because all we have left to do is expand our cooperatives, and a max production farm will greatly benefit the cooperative. As the leader of my cooperative, I make this sacrifice so that I can end the weekly donation of cash requirements, fund ALL research start-up costs myself, and let my members grow their individual farms without worry of the cooperative expansion slowing down, and I am now going to be punished for this unselfish playing style. My members are potentially going to lose happiness because I can make a few more eggs and barrels of milk than the GGS folks think is fair. I have never played a game before where the developers penalize you for being successful. If it were not for the fact that I have 26 other coop members who rely on me to keep the cooperative successful, I would have walked away months ago. Congratulations on another great update!
  • JessieAnnJessieAnn Posts: 5
    edited 13.03.2014
    I am VERY unhappy about the happiness part of this update. It feels like the people with 100% happiness are getting punished and for what?? Because some people decided to run their farm with no decorations? Why can't they make that decision if they want? This is ridiculous!!!!! I am level 34 on my farms on this server and level 71 on my farms on the other server I play on and as soon as the gold I have is gone I will no longer be playing. In fact I may donate it to my co-op and quit sooner. Which is too bad because I was looking forward to the gourmet farm update but all these little updates changing things has ruined it for me. Very uncool!!!!
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 13.03.2014
    Hmm This is why I have suddenly been improving in rankings again: I jumped +5 spots in a week--have those people deleted their accounts or just refuse to play? These last few updates are ones that no one wants and even after people complain about them--no change. Yet ones that we have been told about for months--we are still waiting on.

I am glad that I have not invested any money into this game, because I doubt it will last much longer & I am not interested in any of the other GGS games, as they are much the same. Whether we buy gold or not--it seems as though no one wants these updates. A failed business model is one that is presented and no one wants to buy it.

Good luck with that. Sigh. Not worth my time anymore.
Sign In to comment.