Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Odds of winning items

GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
I am a moderate gold user and have spent way too much gold on the wheel of fortune this time around trying to win the hammock. I have used over 250 tokens (I say over because that is the base amount I purchased throughout the 24 hours - I win more while spending those) and have probably hit the jackpot spin over 30 times. I greatly appreciate the 70+ rose seeds, the 40+ sunflower seeds, the six duck ponds, the 3 scarecrows and the 3 or 4 gold licenses (the other decorations I trash since they take up too much room on the farm and are not needed for my happiness levels) . . . but I have yet to receive the hammock at all. Every other game of chance I play online lists the odds or chance that a person has to actually getting the item. The developers can speak about random but nothing is truly random in computer programming - they are the ones that set the parameters of the random that the computer uses. I know for a fact that sunflower and rose seeds come up as the jackpot the majority of the time so the odds of getting those is a lot higher than the other prizes. It would be simple to put this information into the blue I button explaining the item so players understand that they may be in for a long term gold spending spree if they are going after a particular item. Same thing for the arbor that is supposedly in the mystery boxes - I have yet to see one of those even spending more gold than I need to during that event. Overall happy with the game but this would be a nice feature to have.
Post edited by GeorgenollieUse on

Comments

• nonon82nonon82 Posts: 22
    edited 12.03.2014
    When you look at the wheel, it appears as if all the options are equally likely. But after you play a few times, you realise that either you are extraordinarily unlucky or the probabilities have been skewed towards seeds.

If GGS wants to do this, that's fine with me - after all, it's their game and they make the rules. I would like to see the graphic of the wheel changed, though, to make it more accurate. Otherwise it feels somewhat dishonest.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 12.03.2014
    Seeds on the jackpot and feed on the regular wheel. Tokens should be cheaper with the way the results are skewed.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 12.03.2014
    oh my goodness George wowser...I wait for 8 free tokens. get the extra free spin and am happy when i get something special. I have to say i am a gold addict. Not at all a moderate spender..hahaha i laugh now because i came into this game saying hahahaha i cannot imagine spending money on this game. It will never happen. Look at me now. Yes my farm is ridiculous. But if i can get it for free on this game like the wheel of fortune or the events then i do it. I take advantage of it. I do hope you get that hammock. You definitely deserve it 10 fold!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file