Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New gourmet farm

eikco (SKN1)eikco (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 48
Hey Big Farm.
the new initiative gourmet farm, might very well.
but it's not ok to remove the buildings, and we shall start over with new ones if in removing a building on level 5, it must be replaced by a building at level 5, and with all the staff needed, to achieve 10% shortened construction time is WAY too little that is not fair to the suddenly doing on the game this way.
greeting Eikco;(
Post edited by eikco (SKN1) on

Comments

• ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 26.02.2014
    It's not such a big deal............. You're getting all the money you paid back and also the construction times will be cut to half for 1 week so that you can rebuild quickly :)
  • eikco (SKN1)eikco (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 48
    edited 26.02.2014
    Sorry i hav a job, and can't no play 24/7 eikco
    edited 26.02.2014
    Well you can just put something to upgrade over night and then wake up and upgrade another...... Simple :)
    edited 26.02.2014
    I dont think is ok, is its: Remove lev. 5, replace lev 5, thats simple,. Eikco
  • edited 26.02.2014
    hej
    Der stod i vore brev fra spillets skabere at man kunne finde flere informationer på forum om De ting der vil ske på gourmet farmen men vi kan ikke finde noget på forum :-(

vh susanne1971
    edited 26.02.2014
    Why, i hav not ask for it, it is ok if, remove lev.5, replace lev 5, easy and simple. Eikco
    edited 26.02.2014
    Hej susanne, de forstår ikke dansk =((( eikco
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 26.02.2014
    Wow, your being very negative, this is going to be a great thing!
    edited 26.02.2014
    No, not very negative, a littel bit =))) eikco

Read the 1. Line =))) eikco

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • lille-morlille-mor Posts: 1
    edited 26.02.2014
    does anyone know when this will start
  • Pink Clover (US1)Pink Clover (US1) Posts: 33
    edited 26.02.2014
    I think it's perfectly okay to be a little worried about such a major game change, especially for those that haven't "done it all" yet. I'm a little concerned myself. I have worked very hard, very long hours almost daily, to get where I'm at. I think that if everyone would take a second to think about it, you could understand why some people would be nervous. A little compassion goes a long way.

I've decided to wait and see how it goes. Maybe it will be okay and all will be fine.
    IF it goes bad (I do not expect it to), then I'll join the line to throw a fit. :D
  • KingTuT (INT1)KingTuT (INT1) Posts: 49
    edited 26.02.2014
    It all looks very exciting and I am looking forward to its implementation, why isn't there a timeline or estimate of the actual update available? Is is next week, next month or will it take several updates to complete?

The in-game dialog box does not mention that the Restaurant, bakery, or dairy are among the "safe" buildings. It does however mention new functions for the bakery and restaurant, does this mean they are "safe" or are we going to have to build new ones?

I also do not have an opinion about the construction time (yet), as I have not seen what will be affected and how. We will have to see. New items are interesting ducks and donkeys. Not sure how they will work.

I would also like to know if they will be adding to the Library specifically for the gourmet farm. Hope that some new deco will be available.

Ultimately, just ready for some new things.
  • Da Kid3Da Kid3 Posts: 28
    edited 26.02.2014
    Well I for one know as a back yard farmer -n- a older timer , that Duck Eggs are better for baking certain thing than Chicken Eggs so this migth be a plus as to adding less time or increaseing the volume of bakery goods . As far as the Donkeys well I 'm thinking more Dung and they will eat most any kind of grain and veg's and fruits , really all farm animals do , as I feed all my farm animals every thing that is home left overs or from bakerys or restaurants. So this maybe a good thing adding them to the game .
  • Schoena (US1)Schoena (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 26.02.2014
    It's not such a big deal............. You're getting all the money you paid back and also the construction times will be cut to half for 1 week so that you can rebuild quickly :)

I agree with eikco3. To be compensated by offering rebuilding dollars (no gold to be repaid, of course..) and shorter building times for one little week is not fair. What about simply relacing the old with the new and NOT expecting people to retread old ground trying to catch up?
  • thaddeus5thaddeus5 Posts: 13
    edited 26.02.2014
    Offline nearly10 hrs for this bad news, what will we lose?, its the money making farm for the co-op. If the bakery and dairy go so do I.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 26.02.2014
    Its hard not to look at this negatively. Getting the right combination of buildings and orchards in gourmet farm was difficult and now that I finally have it sorted out I read GGS is getting rid of some buildings and selling off all the stock. If this stock includes all my almonds and sugar I will NOT be impressed. I spent a lot of time and farm dollars on this and starting from scratch even with the shortened construction times sounds like a horrid idea to me. We may be reimbursed for all the money spent but what about all the TIME we spent building our gourmet farms?
  • Doctor Annie (US1)Doctor Annie (US1) Posts: 91
    edited 26.02.2014
    What about research that co ops have done for things that will no longer exist?
  • vikingur1- (NL1)vikingur1- (NL1) Posts: 149
    edited 26.02.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    Its hard not to look at this negatively. Getting the right combination of buildings and orchards in gourmet farm was difficult and now that I finally have it sorted out I read GGS is getting rid of some buildings and selling off all the stock. If this stock includes all my almonds and sugar I will NOT be impressed. I spent a lot of time and farm dollars on this and starting from scratch even with the shortened construction times sounds like a horrid idea to me. We may be reimbursed for all the money spent but what about all the TIME we spent building our gourmet farms?

I agree with you gizmo22. I am hoping it won't be as bad as I fear.
    I have completed the gourmet farm, and it is working for me the way it is. The only thing I would like to see changed is the dairy. Now I have to rebuild everything.
    I think it woud have been better to give us the fourth farm with the ducks and the donkeys and leave the gourmet farm alone.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 27.02.2014
    Guys, you won't have to rebuild everything from scratch. The almond orchard, gardens, decorations, houses and goats are all staying. The optional buildings like the work shed and water tower also.

As for concerns about stocks of things like almonds being sold off, it's only those items that won't be needed anymore that will get sold off. Your almonds will be safe. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • VlknudsonUser1VlknudsonUser1 Posts: 7
    edited 27.02.2014
    when will it start?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 27.02.2014
    No final date yet, we'll let you know when we know ourselves :)
  • sadi sohailsadi sohail Posts: 4
    edited 27.02.2014
    when the changes are being applied..? we must know the actual date of the changes please..... and should we sell the bakery and dairy items ourselves so that we can save the money we invested or we will be compensated... please inform......
  • Finrod3Finrod3 Posts: 6
    edited 27.02.2014
    Would it be too much to expect that you let us know say 24 hours in advance? It would be a bummer to buildings removed/changed when a production is running.
  • Matthew156Matthew156 Posts: 1
    edited 27.02.2014
    will I get any money/ gold back for my expansions?? and how about all the gold I have spent to speed up the buildings? is all that 1,000's of gold gorn?? And what about my co-op research? do we need to do it again?
    edited 27.02.2014
    Fine.......... Look at this any way you wan't.... I guess I'm the only guy who likes new things :)
  • Mark ChellewMark Chellew Posts: 1
    edited 27.02.2014
    I have to say that the replacement of similar items eg new style garden should be a strait replacement level for level. but just like any business if a product is no longer useable and needs to be replaced with a new model capable of doing more then it is a mater of sell the old and build the new in that sense the game is offering fair
  • rozyanglerozyangle Posts: 1
    edited 27.02.2014
    Is it even safe to do stuff like this.
  • edited 27.02.2014
    Fine.......... Look at this any way you wan't.... I guess I'm the only guy who likes new things :)

Eizo don't worry you aren't alone, there are plenty of us who are looking forward to the new gourmet farm. :) I know I am, and even if I have to build it back up, I don't care. I m just to darn excited about all the new things. :D

~Space~
  • PlayerHotchkincPlayerHotchkinc Posts: 1
    edited 27.02.2014
    i agree when r they suppose to change it
  • CATT1CATT1 Posts: 32
    edited 27.02.2014
    it would have been nice if they asked first.they say it will be better, i hope so. we just have to wait and see and hope they never pull another stunt like this again CATT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file