Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Project (not event) extension

jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
In light of the login problems with the update today, would it also be possible to get extensions on co-op projects that were going on at the time, or to have some other remedy (e.g. returned collectibles and cancelled projects)?

My concern is something like this: If a co-op were doing some very costly project (e.g. Native Wildlife, where we have to start it with gold), it would be unfair for them to lose their gold/hard-earned collectibles, AND fail the project through no fault of their own.

An extension would also be consistent with the reasons for an extension on the event tasks.
Post edited by jaystarr2 on

Comments

• ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 26.02.2014
    Not a good idea........ You guys should pay for something that's not your fault!! :p:p Kidding Jay :) (plz don't shoot me) I guess you guys do deserve your things back or some sort of reward :) But hopefully you'll make it in time :)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 26.02.2014
    I completely agree Jay! We are losing A LOT of valuable time right now! I think we should get an extension or refund of collectables. GGS could be very nice for all of our troubles and just give us the solidarity points :D (its worth a try lol)
  • EricaJ (US1)EricaJ (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 26.02.2014
    I think a time extension or awarding solidarity points as if the project were completed would be the better solutions.

Simply returning the collectibles / gold used to start the project would not compensate people for all of the special seeds, humus, effort, etc. they may have used for whatever project they are currently doing.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 26.02.2014
    I have played ALOT of online games and updates vary in the amount of time required and it is generally suggested that any major changes not be done during the time of when the update is to happen--buildings/upgrades, challenges, research.
    Sorry, i don't think they need to return challenge pieces when the co-op started it voluntarily.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 26.02.2014
    Returning the collectibles was merely one option for a remedy, but there are others. The co-op started the project voluntarily, obviously, but I'm pretty certain that had a co-op known that they would be locked out from doing the project for 10 or so hours, they might have reconsidered if it would adversely affect their chances of success.

I agree that rewarding solidarity points for borking it up might be more appropriate a remedy, if a time extension is not possible (and that hasn't been ruled out yet).
    edited 26.02.2014
    I have played ALOT of online games and updates vary in the amount of time required and it is generally suggested that any major changes not be done during the time of when the update is to happen--buildings/upgrades, challenges, research.
    Sorry, i don't think they need to return challenge pieces when the co-op started it voluntarily.

14-15 hours of downtime is far outside the norm that anyone would expect due to an update. Most of them take - what - about 5 minutes or so.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 26.02.2014
    a few of the others have not gone quite smoothly & that should be taken into account that not everyone will be able to log in normally--no one forced you to start the challenge.
    edited 26.02.2014
    a few of the others have not gone quite smoothly & that should be taken into account that not everyone will be able to log in normally--no one forced you to start the challenge.

I guess that means that if you are unfortunate enough to start something before the server blows up and it takes many hours, possibly even days to get the server running again, you lose. It doesn't matter how many people have devoted tremendous effort and resources to completing that thing - you're just out of luck.

The vast majority of their updates are seamlessly completed within a few minutes. It isn't as if this was scheduled downtime. And frankly, even if it was - a lot of people don't visit the forums, and don't know when updates are scheduled.

In any case, thanks for sharing.
    edited 26.02.2014
    How about people start started the project BEFORE the update, while relying on the time that we were locked out to complete the project?

I would expect on that logic that you would think that people who were relying on the time they were locked out to complete the event to not be allowed to have that time extended, but GGS has already said that they would extend events for the reason it would be unfair to lock people out and then expect them to finish the projects because of a GGS problem. This is the same rationale.
    edited 26.02.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    How about people start started the project BEFORE the update, while relying on the time that we were locked out to complete the project?

Our current project was started bright and early yesterday morning. We did really well the first day, and were well on target - until most of our members were not able to login all morning. Some of them may not show up at all today. I expect they have been massively frustrated trying and trying and trying...

There are times when GGS applies updates weekly, sometimes more than once a week, sometimes hotfixes, etc. - and players don't always know when it will happen, and never know how long it will take. If we didn't try to do projects across scheduled updates, we might not ever be able to schedule some of the longer term projects.
    edited 26.02.2014
    Some co-ops are competitive and need to keep the projects going. We happen to be a very active group that likes to keep things going. There was no way for anyone to know the game would be down for so long. So yes starting a project is voluntary but in the event that game will be down for a long period of time without any previous warning then we should get compensated for our loss especially if we paid gold to start the project.
    edited 26.02.2014
    EricaJ wrote: »
    Our current project was started bright and early yesterday morning. We did really well the first day, and were well on target - until most of our members were not able to login all morning. Some of them may not show up at all today. I expect they have been massively frustrated trying and trying and trying...

Yeah, that happened with us as well. After several hours of trying I suspect that a lot of people gave up on trying to log in. For a lot of the bigger projects we have to really pace ourselves and see what we can produce per day to get the project done so when you're locked out for 10+ hours, that DOES really screw with one's ability to do the projects.
  • kaydidit (US1)kaydidit (US1) Posts: 36
    edited 26.02.2014
    I think an extension of time on any missions, projects, and events is a wonderful idea. I hope it is followed up on.
    Just a small question, how do I add another player to my cooperative?
    edited 26.02.2014
    kaydidit2 wrote: »
    Just a small question, how do I add another player to my cooperative?

You can look them up in the rankings, click on their name, and click on the hands with a plus sign to send them an invite. Also, if someone applies to your co-op you can click accept on their application.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 27.02.2014
    What I would suggest to those of you that feel that you won't be able to complete the project in the time allotted but would normally, is contact Support and give them as much detail as possible such as how many members couldn't get online. They may be able to do something for you.

Sorry to say it though guys, expect a bit of a wait for Support to get back to you after this as I suspect they are going to be flat out answering tickets already.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
    edited 27.02.2014
    Considering how many co-ops there are, and how swamped support will be anyway, wouldn't it just be more prudent for GGS to give the time extension to everyone? There's no harm in that being available, and if it turned out that the co-op would have finished in time then there's no difference it makes, and if they would benefit from the extension then it's already there.

(It's kind of like with the event extension--not everyone will benefit from it because some people would succeed without it anyway, but everyone gets it because that makes it an equally fair chance for completion.)
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 27.02.2014
    I'm in a coop that wasn't doing a wildlife, apple or a milk project and i have to say I am still going to stand with the coops that were doing these projects that lost out. It isn't fair to them in the least that GGS messed up in their incompetance. It cost alot of coops money (when they use their gold instead of collection items)along with their time and effort. To tell a coop to go to support to wait for a ticket for possibly weeks for a response is absolutely unacceptable. Someone needs to do for the projects time what your doing for the events. If you can do it for the events you can do it for the project.
  • CseaCsea Posts: 4
    edited 27.02.2014
    rie222 wrote: »
    I'm in a coop that wasn't doing a wildlife, apple or a milk project and i have to say I am still going to stand with the coops that were doing these projects that lost out. It isn't fair to them in the least that GGS messed up in their incompetance. It cost alot of coops money (when they use their gold instead of collection items)along with their time and effort. To tell a coop to go to support to wait for a ticket for possibly weeks for a response is absolutely unacceptable. Someone needs to do for the projects time what your doing for the events. If you can do it for the events you can do it for the project.

Agreed, Rie. Several in my co-op that were finally able to get on spent gold to try to make the deadline and we still missed it by only 2k wheat:(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file