Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 25th - Pretty mysterious! - Discussion

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 26.02.2014
    lucy822 wrote: »
    Im not usually online when maintenance starts but I work from home on a Wednesday... server been down for ages, at first it said maintenance in progress but now its doing anything at all... just the load page without the 'feeding the cows' type loading thing at the bottom. Is this normally what happens during maintenance out of interest?

It might be taking a long time because this is quite a big update
  • suelynsuelyn Posts: 7
    edited 26.02.2014
    I've had it happen before lucy822 so it's probably not abnormal. It'll probably come up with the maintenance in progress message again if you close/refresh the game. The maintenance does seem to be taking longer than normal though.
  • Woodstock MWoodstock M Posts: 110
    edited 26.02.2014
    Back on now
  • sylk (NL1)sylk (NL1) Posts: 28
    edited 26.02.2014
    I can not start the game since this morning. How long take the update?
  • lucy822lucy822 Posts: 89
    edited 26.02.2014
    Back on now

Hopefully the other servers wont be long then!

Im looking forward to seeing whats in store!
  • tom24852tom24852 Posts: 50
    edited 26.02.2014
    It might be taking a long time because this is quite a big update

They haven't changed nothing on the farm just yet....just given us a tab with game info in regards to the gourmet farm......so no big changes yet
  • tom24852tom24852 Posts: 50
    edited 26.02.2014
    In regards to the changes in the gourmet farm.....it is stated we will be refunded all costs for every building that's removed....just wondering how you're going to compensate the people who used gold to quicken the construction.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 26.02.2014
    where's the update ? T_T
    just 2 pages of information? you could put that in the forum too instead of this maintenance...
  • GenuineJodiGenuineJodi Posts: 20
    edited 26.02.2014
    How will GGS address coop money/gold used for research items on the 2d farm?
    ww.jpg 41.9K
  • Esonas2Esonas2 Posts: 6
    edited 26.02.2014
    Looks like the new gourmet farm will be more similar to the main farm..
  • rheanneke (NL1)rheanneke (NL1) NL1 Posts: 79
    edited 26.02.2014
    hi,

just 1 question,

how about the investment in coop projects? better prizes for the perfectly fried, creamy yoghurt, cherry juice etc.
    Do we get the investments back also or is it lost?

greetz
  • Margitorix (SKN1)Margitorix (SKN1) Posts: 87
    edited 26.02.2014
    how about compensating us there have bougth primedays and loose time as well
    edited 26.02.2014
    tom24852 wrote: »
    just wondering how you're going to compensate the people who used gold to quicken the construction.
    I'm inclined to think that they got their compensation as soon as the gold was spent in that regard (ie they could immediately start something else). The notice does say that if any buildings are removed you'll get a 7 day 50% build time construction bonus, so they are giving some consideration to the time lost to having to build something in it's place.

As far as the point of where's the update - yeah I was thinking the same thing, it took that long to do an update where it just added a popup of info for the new farm? (a fascinating teaser of what might be to come sure, but did it really need a maintenance of it's own?)
    edited 26.02.2014
    is the restaurant and bakery and dairy all the same became 1 building now anymore?!
  • mace1312mace1312 Posts: 5
    edited 26.02.2014
    love the farms, but im trying to get back on after maintenance, i log in like normal and then i get a black screen, can anyone help me please.

unhappy farmer
  • kalon (US1)kalon (US1) Posts: 19
    edited 26.02.2014
    "All the extra gourmet farm products...will be automatically sold..." I am curious, if you're going to re-make the almond orchards (which we will presumably have to buy and rebuild) and remove the dairy (it was not stated how this building would be changed or replaced), how will we be able to make the honey cream and scented oil on the Flower Farm? Those two products generate a lot of income on the farm..Income which will be lost to us during the long reconstruction process. How do you propose to compensate players for that?
  • blablabla6blablabla6 Posts: 32
    edited 26.02.2014
    i really hope we are going to have something new soon. We are just waiting and waiting .......
    It's been a wile since we have seen steve too ......
    All i'm doing every day is waiting ...... just that something would happen....
  • Muddud (INT1)Muddud (INT1) Posts: 29
    edited 26.02.2014
    Goodgame Big Farm will never refund gold used for quicker construction of any building or any gold used for research.

The gold spent was used to speed up building time/research and the value of the gold was completely spent by means of the time saved.

If they started to refund gold, they would have to refund everybody for mistakes in spending gold to quicken crops etc. which won't happen.

The only error Goodgame big farm is still making is that they are still not inputting a confirm menu for speeding up the time for crops/orchards etc.
    They are able to put a confirm message to check if you want to sell excess chicken feed.
    Why can't they put a confirm message when spending gold on speeding up crops....I wonder.....Does anyone know the answer? ;)
  • svire (INT1)svire (INT1) Posts: 41
    edited 26.02.2014
    suelyn wrote: »

As far as the point of where's the update - yeah I was thinking the same thing, it took that long to do an update where it just added a popup of info for the new farm? (a fascinating teaser of what might be to come sure, but did it really need a maintenance of it's own?)

same here. Was it really necessary for the game to be down for almost an hour if we only got that teaser. So our question is: When are we actually getting these new buildings?
  • BoerenbruinBoerenbruin Posts: 8
    edited 26.02.2014
    Up to now the second farm was not a copy of the first one. I hope that the difference remains.
    edited 26.02.2014
    i was wondering about the same with pasta gift basket ofc its not profitable product but still if bakery and dairy and restaurant became one, then where do we make pasta? or does this mean we have to make cream first then make marzipan and then make marzipan icecream all in 1 building?!!!
  • Emm62Emm62 Posts: 101
    edited 26.02.2014
    I don't see why players feel the need to be compensated for every single thing that might change. Surely the compensation is in getting something new and interesting to do. I for one am looking forward to something different.
    edited 26.02.2014
    and another thing also, i can understand the point of new mill for new feeds, but what's the point of New Composter and New Silo that make same products as first farm?!!
    edited 26.02.2014
    kalon2 wrote: »
    "All the extra gourmet farm products...will be automatically sold..." I am curious, if you're going to re-make the almond orchards (which we will presumably have to buy and rebuild) and remove the dairy (it was not stated how this building would be changed or replaced), how will we be able to make the honey cream and scented oil on the Flower Farm? Those two products generate a lot of income on the farm..Income which will be lost to us during the long reconstruction process. How do you propose to compensate players for that?
    I think the keyword in the first statement is 'extra' - so almonds will probably be unaffected. The info suggests that the almond orchards will be smaller, so I'm guessing they'll simply shrink on our farms and we'll just need to do some rearranging, not actually any rebuilding in that regard. The use of cream on the flower farm will be more interesting but with the 50% less build time bonus that they announced I don't think it'll be as bad as you fear.
    edited 26.02.2014
    suelyn wrote: »
    I think the keyword in the first statement is 'extra' - so almonds will probably be unaffected. The info suggests that the almond orchards will be smaller, so I'm guessing they'll simply shrink on our farms and we'll just need to do some rearranging, not actually any rebuilding in that regard. The use of cream on the flower farm will be more interesting but with the 50% less build time bonus that they announced I don't think it'll be as bad as you fear.

that is if even any DAIRY exists anymore. all i see in info is like we have to make all products of from dairy, bakery and restaurant in 1 building. so now go imagine how long it gonna take to make 1 marzipan ice cream if that be true.... and do you think it still will be more profitable than it is now?
  • Sabiha7Sabiha7 Posts: 78
    edited 26.02.2014
    update has been done, now we know wat are the changes that are gonna be done, but now the question is wen are the changes in the gourmet gonna come, as far as I see now, there is not even a slightest change nor any new building is added in build option.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 26.02.2014
    It sounds like we will have separate inventory for dung and leaves between farm 1 & 2 or the composter and silo on farm 2 will produce different things.

Let's hope they are not removing almond orchards and gardens if all they are doing is making them smaller. Let's hope they just shrink them.
  • lucy822lucy822 Posts: 89
    edited 26.02.2014
    I think it all sounds good, but I am a bit confused... would be nice to know when its gonna happen. Im going to stop spending dollars on gourmet now though... I was trying to finish all tasks before update but I don't think there is much point in that except for the xp!
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 26.02.2014
    rheanneke wrote: »
    how about the investment in coop projects? better prizes for the perfectly fried, creamy yoghurt, cherry juice etc.
    Do we get the investments back also or is it lost?

greetz

that's a very good question :)

or maybe these products will remain, in the future Restaurant?
    edited 26.02.2014
    It sounds like we will have separate inventory for dung and leaves between farm 1 & 2 or the composter and silo on farm 2 will produce different things.
    I didn't read it that way at all, just that there will be new silo and composter buildings on farm 2 which I read as it'll be the same products but with different production times. And possibly the reason is related to some comments I was reading while I was waiting for the update. Some people (non-gold purchasers) had commented that at the higher levels they couldn't keep up with the fertilizer demands for the orchards - having a building on farm 2 that can also make fertilizer could certainly help in that regard.
Sign In to comment.