Home General Discussions & Questions

The future is here

PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
Hello everyone !

I noticed there is much debating in this forum about slaughtering pigs and similar subjects. Sure bacon and eggs would make a very tasty breakfast the restaurant could serve but.....

Solutions are on their way in the real world and not that far into the future, they are actually happening as we .... "play a farming game"

Scientist can now make omelets without chickens and also the first burger is being produced in sophisticated laboratories. Maybe that's the way to go to get read of the problem

For those interested in these matters, here are 2 relevant links:

eggs without chicken (video) http://www.bloomberg.com/video/the-ceo-obsessed-with-making-eggs-without-chickens-pwIZGz1NRcO2hhuI3iFTAQ.html

Lab grown burger: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-04/world-s-first-332-000-lab-grown-beef-burger-to-be-tasted.html

My suggestion is that the game contains a laboratory and research facilities to produce bacon, rather than having it produced from pigs. Pigs can still be in the game and be the source of the genetic material. This is much closer to reality than one could imagine as can be read in the links I posted.

Enjoy your game !! :)
Post edited by PCA (GB1) on

Comments

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,327
    edited 11.02.2014
    Hey PCA,

I moved this to entertainment and fun for now, as I couldn't find a suggestion in your text, just information on the topic.
    If this was supposed to be a suggestion, please add a couple of lines about what you would like to see in the game and we might move it back. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 11.02.2014
    Hi Nafaru,

thanks for your reaction. I edited my post adding a suggestion, I thought it was unnecessary given the links I provided :-)

• ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 12.02.2014
    Hmm it might be nice. A research building? Sounds good :)
    Beware of "THE DARK SIDE"...(en 1):):):)
    Are you on US1, EN1 or NL1 and do you want to learn what a co-op is all about? Or do you simply want to complete the co-op task? Try the training co-op! (click here)
    Contact support here
    Larino has an mazing website full of amazing tricks and tips. All you need to do is click here
    A Big farm wiki made by our very own Katnip.That can be found here

25iuadh.jpg
    Thanks Manish!
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 12.02.2014
    "FrankenFish" ick.
    monica7953 @ us1
    My heart got left on a different farm game time to shrink it a little--I don't think most remember that one anymore ;(
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 12.02.2014
    Eh, most of the things you eat now are processed in some way. Even "natural foods" have all kinds of weird unpronounceable things in them. I heard that labburgers were REALLY expensive because of the production process and they didn't have the texture down yet, but hey if you can 3D print a pizza now I'm sure the tech isn't far away for any of this other stuff. :)
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 12.02.2014
    Thank you guys for answering my post :)

....and sorry but I couldn't see your replies because this thread has been moved and when you look it seems that there is no traffic and no new posts here.

(I wonder why this thread stays segregated here, instead of going back where it belongs, re: suggestions)

Anyway, I am always very impressed with new research and (just my opinion) at least the egg surrogate omelet is quite close to production and marketing while the situation might be a bit more complex for the burger approach

Jaystarr, 3D printing might well be the future for a nice surrogate slice of bacon 8) In the US there is a public company that 3D prints organs for therapeutic purposes, but sadly crispy bacon slices are not yet in their pipeline..... :D

EDIT: thread back in its place, all in order now, thanks !!

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 13.02.2014
    Ewww I think i'd rather chew on a piece of cardboard than eat scientifically processed bacon. The real "Babe" movie was horrifying enough, imagine it with a scientifically processed pig? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] gizmo22 @ au 1
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 14.02.2014
    mmmh, I'd try it I guess :) Just put enough salt and pepper on it and it'll be fine.

I hope.
  • NissePlutt (SKN1)NissePlutt (SKN1) Posts: 48
    edited 14.02.2014
    I dont want a research lab to do fake bacon....
    We need to be ecological... we can start here in this game.
    It is a lot of things we can do on this farm... Maybe grow more stuff - ecological and sell ecological stuff in our shops.

But i feel we should have something more to do with the pigs. We just harvest the pig sty and sell it... no more.
    NissePlutt @ skn 1
Sign In to comment.