Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: customizable farm side things

jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
So, in the last few months, a bunch of stuff has popped up around the edges of the farm. On the top side you've got event things, which in some cases can be up to 3-4 cars of random people asking you for help. On the right side you've got some other stuff, including the following:
  • Farm crossroads
  • Library
  • Mine
  • Cooperative tree
  • Flagpole

Now, that seems like a LOT of unrelated farm stuff to me. And there's been considerable complaint about the library being an eyesore, or people finding the mine a waste of space, or the flagpoles being pointless or whatever. So my suggestion is as follows:

Suggestion: allow players to customize what buildings there are on the outside of their farm.

If you don't want the library, you don't have to see the library! Mine or no mine? However the heck madam pleases! Think the flagpole is dumb? Then hide it!

To be fair, this is an issue primarily about preferences and aesthetics I think, so it might not be worth much. But even though I don't have any real objection to the buildings being there, it DOES seem to be pretty cluttered. So having a way where people could pick which buildings were of use to them and which they saw on the side of their farm would I think at least make people's farming experiences a bit more enjoyable.

One thing this game has been good at is letting us decide how we want our farms to look, and having the option of hiding (if not removing) some of the buildings on the edge of the farm would be an extension of that philosophy.
Post edited by jaystarr2 on

Comments

• Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 21.12.2013
    Great suggestion jaystarr2.

When I started there was nothing on the right hand side of the farm. I spent real money getting the plots of land, supporting what I believed to be a really good, lasting game... Now all these junk buildings have appeared. Its starting to feel like a really not-good, not-lasting game...

At the very least code hide buttons please. However, why not spend some of the income on developing beneficial customization code?

Issues about preferences and aesthetics are worth everything. If the player does not have an enjoyable farming experience, the coders will soon be out of a job.
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 21.12.2013
    I totally agree with you both :)
    It looks kind of messy now :):)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 22.12.2013
    Thanks! Yeah, I think it is messy and cluttered now as well--a library next to mine? Really? And both of those things tangentially related to one's farm? (Not to mention disproportionately small relative to the farm--but that's probably a good thing.) ;)

I don't think preferences are EVERYTHING in this game, since there are constraints on them. For example, I could really prefer to have bright pink and neon green pigsties, but that's not going to happen, even if that would increase my enjoyment of the game a billion times over. Similarly, I might prefer one huge deco that would give me a million happy points, but I'm constrained to using things like BBQs and trees or whatever.

But I think the layout of the farm IS something that we are already able to customize, like how we puzzle our farms and where we put houses and buildings. Likewise, this suggestion is about extending the customization to where we put certain buildings like libraries and mines and co-op trees that are bigger than an entire mine, or whatever--if we decide to have those things at all. ;)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 23.12.2013
    Hey jaystarr,

this is a pretty nice suggestion, but I'm not sure if it's actually technically possible (right now) to just make these buildings move- or hideable, since they all perform different kinds of actions.
    I guess it would be a lot of work to make them as customizable as the buildings on your farm - not sure if this would actually be worth the effort especiall siiiiince... wait for it...

...there will be changes to the surroundings of your farm next year!
    Maybe those current things will get a new position. Maybe not. I don't actually know yet. We'll have to see. ;)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 02.01.2014
    Thanks for letting me know Nafaru! :) I'd be excited to see how the farm surroundings get incorporated!
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 02.01.2014
    i dont see why we even need the library building on the farm.we have the button on our task bar to access the research so the actual building just takes up unnecessary space that could be used for something else.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file